Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:05 PM

US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications (27708 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by lanxlot(m): 2:15am On Nov 26, 2014
220,000 visas....anoda book of exodus

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 26, 2014
No comments sha except na waoh!
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 26, 2014
Yomieluv:
People aren't smiling..

Nigeria is hell hole from time immemorial.

[size=15pt]You're talking rubbish. Most of those visas are given to Nigerians who are visiting tourists, there on holidays or shopping etc and who don't 'overstay' and are not there looking for ''greener pastures''. YOU DO REALISE SUCH NIGERIANS EXIST? You must prove you have a reasonable income here etc before you can get that visa. You and your ilk must be CRAZY if you think those visas are being given to migrating folks!![/size]

5 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 26, 2014
About 2/3rd of those denied are riff raffs on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 26, 2014
19naia:
Thats $161.00 per application.. Thats $35.4million income in less than one year, from visa applications alone.. They make other income from other services.. Thats a lot of money being made along with many of the applicants being denied visa... I think the US embassy must be profitable to the US Government there...

A forum without a mathematician isn't complete... well done..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 26, 2014
teeowl:
it is burning with riots in ferguson in USA right now... they have their own problem also...

The riot is as a result of injustice and not government or civil unrest which is way. Better than what nigerians are facing now

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Raiders: 2:43am On Nov 26, 2014
ROSSIKE:

[size=15pt]You're talking rubbish. Most of those visas are given to Nigerians who are visiting tourists, there on holidays or shopping etc and who don't 'overstay' and are not there looking for ''greener pastures''. YOU DO REALISE SUCH NIGERIANS EXIST? You must prove you have a reasonable income here etc before you can get that visa. You and your ilk must be CRAZY if you think those visas are being given to migrating folks!![/size]
lol. Most people in this forum don't know what non immigrant visa means. Thanks for educating the young man

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:44am On Nov 26, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
220,000 only?

Naija don improve o

GEJ til 2019 cheesy
grin

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 26, 2014
Judolisco:
d money nigerians r using 2 transport theirselves over is enough for them to settle down nd make a living wit it

Am telling you. Ticket cost is something else. Let's not even forget to add hotel bills , shopping,transportation and then maybe medicals.

Why not just simply save the money invest it or better still save, improve or educate someone's life

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Wisegeek01(m): 3:01am On Nov 26, 2014
There's this photography studio I go to, everytime I visit there na so ppl go dey trop in they trop out,

I com say make I ask the owner wetin they happen for hia shey una dey do bonanza ni abi your wife born,

the guy talk say na visa passport dis pple them they come take oo o !

I com dey wonder if efrybody comot who go com remain for naija

Well sha na so I say make I take my own visa passport incase of incasity wink
lipsrsealed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by lastpage: 3:04am On Nov 26, 2014
teeowl:
it is burning with riots in ferguson in USA right now... they have their own problem also...

As a matter of fact, you are more likely to be gunned down in cold blood, in America....than in Nigeria!

Yea, l know they dont have Boko Haram in America but hey, you are a BLACK PERSON, even if you be American citizen!

Right now, l am listening to the interview the young WHITE COP (Darren Wilson) that killed the BLACK Ferguson guy is giving: You feel the lack of emotion and hatred this Cop has for the black guy! Despite the lies this lying bast@rd is strewing together (after all, "the dead stay dumb"!), you could feel the message of the White Supremacist KKK, oozing from this Cop... "if it ain't WHITE, it ain't RIGHT"!

Asked whether there is anything he would have done better, using hindsight, he just said he would have done the same thing over and over again!
I was expecting he would say "maybe l would have shot him in the leg, to immobilize him"! but hell NO, these guys are working to a plan.

Like somebody said in a public discussion on a Bus today, a time may come when "Blacks" have to start buying guns openly, just to "protect themselves",.... just like a lot of white folks in Ferguson were doing, a few days/hours before the jury delivered its verdict.

Even as we are speaking about the Ferguson guy, another "WHITE Cop", shot an 12yr old BLACK KID who was playing with a "TOY gun, in the park! A replay of the 911 emergency call, by another white member of the public shows that even the "untrained called" knew the gun was just an imitation (carried by children of that age group) and said so TWICE, in the call.

Yet, this WHITE COP who is trained in identification and use of firearm still thinks it was a "real gun" (but instead of even approaching the kid and try to make him hand it over like it took over eight hours to persuade an grown-up white man threatening to shoot people on a street, to hand over the "real gun" he was wielding!), ...hell NO, this WHITE Cop simply shot the 12yr old Black kid to death!

How many more "young Black Kids" have to die form the hands of these white "supremacist" Cops, ...before someone gets the message that: America is dangerous and unwelcoming for BLACK people?

I just hope folks realize that "Abroad" of today, is not the same Abroad of Yesterday. Buyers Beware! undecided wink

Lastpage!

14 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 26, 2014
^^ *eyeroll*

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 26, 2014
ROSSIKE:

holidays and shopping. What happened to obudu, ikogosi, Erin ijesha, Awhum Water Fall, Ngwo cave e.t.c and the shoprites and malls all over the country

5 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by missterious(f): 3:39am On Nov 26, 2014
victor08:
where are they all running to? I hope the embassy will deny half of them visa.

Who they won leave Naija for?

This made me laugh. grin

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 26, 2014
lastpage:

As a matter of fact, you are more likely to be gunned down in cold blood, in America....than in Nigeria!

Yea, l know they dont have Boko Haram in America but hey, you are a BLACK PERSON, even if you be American citizen!

Right now, l am listening to the interview the young WHITE COP (Darren Wilson) that killed the BLACK Ferguson guy is giving: You feel the lack of emotion and hatred this Cop has for the black guy! Despite the lies this lying bast@rd is strewing together (after all, "the dead stay dumb"!), you could feel the message of the White Supremacist KKK, oozing from this Cop... "if it ain't WHITE, it ain't RIGHT"!

Asked whether there is anything he would have done better, using hindsight, he just said he would have done the same thing over and over again!
I was expecting he would say "maybe l would have shot him in the leg, to immobilize him"! but hell NO, these guys are working to a plan.

Like somebody said in a public discussion on a Bus today, a time may come when "Blacks" have to start buying guns openly, just to "protect themselves",.... just like a lot of white folks in Ferguson were doing, a few days/hours before the jury delivered its verdict.

Even as we are speaking about the Ferguson guy, another "WHITE Cop", shot an 12yr old BLACK KID who was playing with a "TOY gun, in the park! A replay of the 911 emergency call, by another white member of the public shows that even the "untrained called" knew the gun was just an imitation (carried by children of that age group) and said so TWICE, in the call.

Yet, this WHITE COP who is trained in identification and use of firearm still thinks it was a "real gun" (but instead of even approaching the kid and try to make him hand it over like it took over eight hours to persuade an grown-up white man threatening to shoot people on a street, to hand over the "real gun" he was wielding!), ...hell NO, this WHITE Cop simply shot the 12yr old Black kid to death!

How many more "young Black Kids" have to die form the hands of these white "supremacist" Cops, ...before someone gets the message that: America is dangerous and unwelcoming for BLACK people?

I just hope folks realize that "Abroad" of today, is not the same Abroad of Yesterday. Buyers Beware! undecided wink

Lastpage!
So, even after all this epistle. 220,000 Nigerians still applied for visas to the USA shocked grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by InvertedHammer: 3:44am On Nov 26, 2014
Raiders:
lol. Most people in this forum don't know what non immigrant visa means. Thanks for educating the young man

/
You are the one missing the concept.

USA stopped Nigerians from DV lottery programme.

How else can you migrate as immigrant if no one sponsors you or you do not qualify for the investment option?

So people who plan on going Houdini will apply for nonimmigrant visa to get in first. After all, no be to give water to monkey wahala dey, na to retrieve the cup.

Most of those applicants are on Usain Bolt mode. The "bigger boys" are moving their families out until the election is over while nincompoops are busy shouting APC! PDP!

/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by charleff512(m): 3:48am On Nov 26, 2014
First to comment on the second page.
The craze for education in china,malaysia and other countries has greatly reduced the exodus to America.
In years to come e go reduce pass that then they would be forced to reintroduce their visa lottery.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by freelife4all(m): 3:53am On Nov 26, 2014
The number is increasing cause people are not happy. Nigeria is not a country that one should be proud of coming from. I have my reasons and am right, you may be proud of being a Nigeria but am not. I want to denounce my citizenship. I need help on how to go about it.

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by friendlyadvice: 3:54am On Nov 26, 2014
19naia:
Thats $161.00 per application.. Thats $35.4million income in less than one year, from visa applications alone.. They make other income from other services.. Thats a lot of money being made along with many of the applicants being denied visa... I think the US embassy must be profitable to the US Government there...

grin you know what's funny? That money can be used to run a start up company with hundreds of SMEs under its belt making them money and eliminating the unemployment they cry about,it can be invested in the power sector for cleaner and more efficient alternative to "I better pass my neighbour" like solar inverter generators etc which can also make them money and at the right price at least cut the electricity problem in half, they can even run health facilities and profit from mandatory health insurance which will definitely make them money and uplift the health system in the country, but no!
They prefer running to america to start forming jason bourne with immigration when their visa expire grin don't you just find that funny?

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by gbodimowo(m): 4:00am On Nov 26, 2014
OK
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Carlmax(m): 4:07am On Nov 26, 2014
lastpage:

Lastpage!

As a matter of fact, you are more likely to be kidnapped in southern Nigeria than anywhere else on this planet. You are also 1000% more likely to be killed by an officer in Nigeria than in the US. this place is hell, please don't ever try comparing both countries again.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by misreal(m): 4:12am On Nov 26, 2014
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by mezebel(f): 4:14am On Nov 26, 2014
I wonder y people prefer taking visa to the nearest hell to heaven....
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by theM16: 4:25am On Nov 26, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Bro what exactly is your point. Cos I don't really see any! So we don't have shopping malls or holidays or vacation spots in nigeria! Do you know how many people have gone awol after getting visa for a short visit! Nicca plssss

6 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by souleymon(m): 4:26am On Nov 26, 2014
Did they exclude denied applicants that applied more than once

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by grandstar(m): 4:32am On Nov 26, 2014
Emigration has been going on since time immemorial. Abraham emigrated and so did jacobs entire family to Egypt to escape famine. The 19th and 20th century saw massive emigration to america by the Irish, English,Italians,Poles, Germans and many others

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by paleo(m): 4:35am On Nov 26, 2014
hmm
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by synergycom19: 4:40am On Nov 26, 2014
They are afraid of he coming elections because of the incoming bloodshed GEJ AND CO will unleashed in Nigeria,even most of this applicants are big CIVIL SERVANTS AND POLITICIANS and they have looted Enough to sustain them and there families
Am privileged to have met one of such civil servants
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by femmy2010(m): 4:46am On Nov 26, 2014
Wow, the embassy is generating Billions of Naira yearly.
220,000 applicants TIMES an Average Visa Fee of $190.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father And Son Die In Motor Accident In Nasarawa (Photos) / Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board / SARS Killings: Protest In Gakem, Cross River. Roads Blocked, Travelers Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.