Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications (27760 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by adedayourt(m): 6:33am On Nov 26, 2014
Did US Embassy receive 220,000 visa applications in less than one year??
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 26, 2014
ok
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 26, 2014
adedayourt:
Did US Embassy receive 220,000 visa applications in less than one year??
No
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Olodonairaland(m): 6:38am On Nov 26, 2014
Madman grin
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by gbaskiboy: 6:44am On Nov 26, 2014
brownlord:
Did they receive atiku's application?
neither do dey receive brownlord application grin
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by gbaskiboy: 6:47am On Nov 26, 2014
Stillfire:
Where are the 'no place like home' crew?
So all you Naija Nairalanders have been applying codedly? grin grin grin grin
I thought there was no place like home. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ogbeni, better begin dey find ur route if u never jasi

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by gbaskiboy: 6:49am On Nov 26, 2014
modewap:
I was here, make I go sleep. In case una don start to dey ''like'' comment, abeg make una no pass me by. Thanks
make i help u, i don like and share ur post, hope u go pay in return

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Pontaboki: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2014
Yesssssssssss
modewap:
I'm waiting for France traveller statistics from France embassy, with the rate nairalander are now schooling there, I'm sure it will exceed US statistics. grin

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by ApexTitan(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2014
toyecoach:
Yet they said Jonathan is the best yet people rushing out

You missed the part where they said those were non immigration visa applications.
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by DAVE5(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2014
I'll comment wen I have network
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2014
victor08:
where are they all running to? I hope the embassy will deny half of them visa.

Who they won leave Naija for?

This is an unreasonable and illogical thought. People apply for visa with different intentions and you're there sprouting crap? They applying and leaving the country is NOT your damn business.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by ayoola2002(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2014
Judolisco:
d money nigerians r using 2 transport theirselves over is enough for them to settle down nd make a living wit it
Story for d gods
Make i give u claro?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by fopishow(m): 7:05am On Nov 26, 2014
Yes indeed such Nigerians exist, they do not overstay but they only end up giving birth in America for free access to future overstay. grin grin(
ROSSIKE:

[size=15pt]You're talking rubbish. Most of those visas are given to Nigerians who are visiting tourists, there on holidays or shopping etc and who don't 'overstay' and are not there looking for ''greener pastures''. YOU DO REALISE SUCH NIGERIANS EXIST? You must prove you have a reasonable income here etc before you can get that visa. You and your ilk must be CRAZY if you think those visas are being given to migrating folks!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by ckmayoca: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2014
Judolisco:
d money nigerians r using 2 transport theirselves over is enough for them to settle down nd make a living wit it

Onisokuso...
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2014
There really isn't any need for Nigerians to apply for visas to other countries since we have it all over here. We've got the best tourism spots, lots of top class shopping centres mainly just shoprite, a very peaceful environment with Boko Haram roaming the streets and kidnapping at the south, very strong and stable economy with everyone going on strike and currency value depreciating everyday, constant lack of power supply which makes us more productive, bad roads which makes travelling a big risk and puts our cars in the mechanic's workshop for days, government officials looting our paid taxes for their own benefits, best education system in the world, top class medical and social welfare of the people... I can go on for days.

From the aforementioned, Nigerians don't have to apply for visa and just remain in the country./s

6 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2014
holatin:
come January it will increase to 600, 000
you don't believe ? wait till then
#freshairindeed
You can round it off to a kool million since naira has just been devalued.
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:53am On Nov 26, 2014
pyyxxaro:
The Hunt for greener pasture

They are non-immigrant applications which means it's for other reasons not settlement. These could be medical, tourist, business travel, education or research.
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by teoiz(f): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2014
grin this figure is nothing, compared to france and iraq.
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by juman(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2014
nigeria never have good leader.

One nigeria problem.

nigeria has everything needed by a country to be successful, but still fail.

The reasonable path is that country be divided.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by BOWOTO(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
220,000 only?

Naija don improve o

GEJ til 2019 cheesy
Us is not the only country Nigerians travel to, people apply for UK, Sa, shengen visa too...
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by cmoney22222: 7:57am On Nov 26, 2014
modewap:
I'm waiting for France traveller statistics from France embassy, with the rate nairalander are now schooling there, I'm sure it will exceed US statistics. grin

Pls where is the address of US embassy is Lag, because I just came back from France...
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by victor08(m): 7:57am On Nov 26, 2014
Qoigord:

This is an unreasonable and illogical thought. People apply for visa with different intentions and you're there sprouting crap? They applying and leaving the country is NOT your damn business.

I'm sure you are one of them abi? No visa for you. shocked
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by samseen02(m): 7:58am On Nov 26, 2014
I'm sure that Nigerians that emigrate to cameroon here will be close to that figure. When all of us waka comot na then dem go no say jona dey sleep
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by cmoney22222: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2014
I just went to the US to charge my phone only and came back the same day. Don't get too serious, am just here to have fun..
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 26, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

They are non-immigrant applications which means it's for other reasons not settlement. These could be medical, tourist, business travel, education or research.
Many don't come back oh. Go hide in Tennessee and marry a crack head. That is d deal.
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by deolu2000(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2014
brownlord:
Did they receive atiku's application?
what i this one saying?by the way he has a kind of status that his passport only need to be tendered by an aide and off he goes if he needs to travel,so stop beefing.
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by fopishow(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2014
Can you comprehend what you have written because I am really trying to
juman:
nigeria never have good leader.

One nigeria problem.

nigeria has everything needed by a country to be successful, but still fail.

The reasonable path is that country be divided.

To hell with one nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by cupidhero(m): 8:23am On Nov 26, 2014
Motherland! The article i read made mention of 38,000 increase this year. I know if nigerians where given the option to relocate to USA 70% of our young men will gladly relocate and never come back. Plus people are getting their visa ready so they can run when disaster strikes next year. i'm not a doomsday preacher but we all know something bad might happen next year.With the level of hate i see in the politics section and all kinds of racial slurs i see there i just know the devil has already gotten the right amount of disciples he needs for him to carry out his evil plans. we should all watch how we speak on NL,The nigerian army can't even protect a single L.G.A talkless of protecting the whole country. spread more love and less judgement!

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by GodMode: 8:26am On Nov 26, 2014
CityNG:

I've been in the US for almost 30 years and I have never been gunned down. As a matter of fact I have never had a firearm drawn on me by a LEO. I have never met any Nigeria who has ever had LEOs draw firearm or shoot them. Please don't try to make this to look like we have rabid Cops who go around hunting and killing civilians.

As for buying firearms, unless you're a felon you can walk into a Walmart and buy weapons and ammunition amongst with bread and eggs. Buying guns is not something reserved for "whites".

1) Something happened that day between Wilson and the person that got killed. Wilson must have interacted with many citizens that day that he did not kill. It takes two to tango. I never ever argue with a police officer, I get my ticket and take my case to court. It makes no lick of sense to argue with a person who has a gun and is authorize to use it.

2) I don't even buy my kids toy guns. Of all the kind of toys that you can buy your child why a replica gun? If I serve on a jury I would not find an Officer guilty for firing to defend his life if someone pointed a replica gun at him. You going anything at me that can harm me then you'll be dead.

Folks, let's look at personal control here.

STFU... If a person shoots someone after an argument there's a 90% chance of it been tagged "self defence". But if a person doesn't shoot it has a 90% chance of been tagged "murder".
Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 26, 2014
A grandma is shopping with her grandson. The grandson picks up a toy and the grandma shouts: "Degree put the toy back"! A woman who was shopping heard this and asked, is that his name? The grandma replied "Yes I sent his mother to university and this is what she brought back"

Back to the topic, I was one of those and thank God I was given. Mine is just for holiday sha not greener pasture.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications by Bifwoli: 8:28am On Nov 26, 2014
pyyxxaro:
The Hunt for greener pasture

“Wealth converts a strange land into a homeland and poverty turns a native place into a
strange land.”

― Hazrat Ali ibn Abu-Talib

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling / China Police Orders Hotel Managements To Drive Out All Nigerians / Nigerian Embassy In Canada Shuts Down After Protests Over Passports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.