Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? (805 Views)

No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final / Chelsea Are The Champions:situation Report In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 26, 2014
Accept it or not, Arsenal FC remains a team to be reckoned with, either in the domestic league or in the champions league. Its a team that can boast of 13 first division and premier league titles together with a total of 11 FA cups. Valued at more than $1.3 billion, it has all the financial resources needed, available, to be able to field a champions league winning team.
But inspite of all these stats, the best they could achieve in europe was getting to the Champions league final which they lost to barcelona in 2006. Since then, we have witnessed several of its key players like henry, kolo toure, van persie, fabregas,song, nasri, clichy, abandon the club with aim of getting decorated as a professional footballer.
I must confess, none of those players i mentioned ever regretted leaving the static club. As each of the players i mentioned have won at least two tropies since leaving arsenal. I even heard that the last time Thierry Henry came back on loan to arsenal, he met their trophy cabinet the same way he left it, but with some slight changes as it has been heavily invaded by creepy spiders manufacturing very thick cobwebs.
A lot of pundits have expressed their opinion that, the lack of european trophy is largely due to the manager, in person of Arsene Wenger's stingy character and unwillingness to buy trophy-winning players. But of recent we have seen him dole out the cash to bring in players like Ozil, Wellbeck, Carzola and Sanchez. Despite all these players, the likes of man utd and chelsea have consistently handled arsenal, the way a randy guy enjoys his mistress.
In my own opinion, maybe its not arsenal's destiny not to be an european champion. Well to an arsenal fan, this is a reason to be worried, because you can not feature in bash organised for 'Association Of Champions League Holders', you will definitely be bounced out. But to the board members, they feel highly unmoved, because they make enough profit from the sale of players to compensate for their european trophy barreness.
I would suggest that in order to make maximise profit, they should focus on football academy and serve as feeders club to successful clubs like barcelona, real madrid, bayern munich, chelsea and save their poor fans from the torture of watching their rivals collect all the trophies while they get prepared for champions league playoff, which they are already used to.
Readmore: http://soccerbeef..com/2014/11/can-arsenal-ever-win-champions-league.html?m=0

Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by 1025: 10:36am On Nov 26, 2014
this year, yes

Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by ghost1718(m): 10:59am On Nov 26, 2014
Arsenal FC will Win Champions League when my grandchildren grin finish university,,,,,note,,i am not yet married grin (no harm grin meant)
Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by coded01: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
ghost1718:
Arsenal FC will Win Champions League when my grandchildren grin finish university,,,,,note,,i am not yet married grin (no harm grin meant)

Wicked... grin grin grin

Lucky mukina2 isn't reading your post, if not na 10 month ban bi dat... grin
Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by Tval(m): 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
in another world
Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by Dhellake: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Yes, On Football Manager
Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by killercute16(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2014
Future impossible tense
Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by 1025: 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
wengers

Re: Can Arsenal Ever Win The Champions League? by khattab02: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ever? Yes, but wenger need to do more to make them champions.

(1) (Reply)

Henry Should Not Go To Madrid To Save Ruud's Career / Books On Arsenal, Chelsea And Man U. / : Chelsea New Boss, Hiddink Blasts Mikel, Drogba, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.