Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? (2098 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? / Why Do Guys Prefer Sluts To Decent Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by fhemyxXx(m): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2014
A woman who openly enjoys sex and is as casual about it in the same way that many men are should not have her worth demeaned and. assessed by the general public just because of her gender. “Slut” has become a common term for women who enjoy casual sex. Calling someone a slut does not only sort them into a sexist perspective of thought, but it also lessens the worth of women by attaching a stigma to their actions but not to the same actions being carried out by men. You can’t have two people of the opposite gender performing the same set of actions, but attach a negatively contorted label of “slut” to only one of those genders. It just doesn’t make sense. undecidedA woman who openly enjoys sex and is as casual about it in the same way that many men are should not have her worth demeaned and assessed by the general public just because of her gender. “Slut” has become a common term for women who enjoy casual sex. Calling someone a slut does not only sort them into a sexist perspective of thought, but it also lessens the worth of women by attaching a stigma to their actions but not to the same actions being carried out by men. You can’t have two people of the opposite gender performing the same set of actions, but attach a negatively contorted label of “ slut” to only one of those genders. It just doesn’t make sense. :/
When people begin assessing fewer sex partners with being more respectable, people whose desires are outside those boundaries have to either trade in their desires in order to be accepted and respected within society, or simply face the backlash of having those desires fulfilled. Labeling someone a slut based on their sexual expression does not only label someone based on the outward expression, but it also takes away from what might be causing this type of outward expression, such as how the person is being prompted. How we perceive people coined with the term slut really conceals the character within the person in question.

Slut-shaming collapses the complexity of another person onto a single dimension. But even more so, given how slut-shaming is used to control and shame all women regardless of their sexual practices or desires, it conflicts directly with respecting them. If you say that you respect women, then you need to respect all women, no matter how many sexual partners she has, her relationship choices, or how she enjoys sex. Otherwise, you’re saying that your respect is something that someone has to buy. I don’t think that that’s really respect at all.

Slut-shaming the female gender also empowers the hypocritical notion that when men behave in a promiscuous manner with no stigma or negativity attached, they are just trying to enjoy their own sexuality. Allowing men to behave in a similar manner without all of the societal implications degrades a woman for her sexual liberation. Degrading someone’s confidence in their sexuality as well as their expression of sexuality by slut-shaming them degrades the female gender as a whole.

Next time you hear about the girl next door sleeping around with one “too many” men, you might want to rethink judging her on her outward expression and instead try to connect with the inward expression of what prompted her to do so. Perhaps she was having a summer fling, or maybe it was at attempt at failed romance, or perhaps it was done in or out of love; all the same, these are choices made out of sexual expression and personal choice and not ones that should be seen as shameful. smiley
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2014
[/i]I'd come back and comment

난 상관[i]
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by passionate88: 11:57am On Nov 26, 2014
angry
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Thinkr(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2014
^ NO. Its to tell you that since 3million yrs BC there's no gender equality and there will never be. We are different.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
I also wonder, too. It's just hypocrisy and double standards.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by KMTee(f): 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
i don't even know
i tire
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
Coming from you a male shocked and *thumbs up*
But in this country most especially that is full of hypocritical, religious fanatics and unevolving culture (which honestly we don't have any) , this enlightening article will remain where it is (nairaland history) and also blame our fellow women because we don't support ourselves and are quick to label our fellow out-spoken lady who enjoys casual sex like some men who do a 'slut'
So if we can't support our selves then there's no how the debassment and if not equality (am not a full supporter of gender equality) but some form of respect for women from men will ever stop.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by bjayx: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
We should ask history... Men were married to more dan one wife even in d holy books witout been castigated and men don't do it for a living then. But dese days, men are fuckin whor*s.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Its simply because a key that opens many locks is called a master key, and a lock opened by many keys is a shity lock.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by jmoore(m): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
Slonge2:
Its simply because a key that opens many locks is called a master key, and a lock opened by many keys is a shity lock.
What a ridiculous metaphor!

You should add this too to your list of ridiculous metaphors "A pencil that gets sharpened too much is eventually reduced to nothing. A pencil sharpner can sharpen tons of pencils and be just fine"

smh
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
jmoore:

What a ridiculous metaphor!

You should add this too to your list of ridiculous metaphors "A pencil that gets sharpened too much is eventually reduced to nothing. A pencil sharpner can sharpen tons of pencils and be just fine"

smh
the analogy only works for keys and locks.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
cos it is a man's world
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Man is born free

He is polygamous by nature and scripture
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by chimerase2: 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
Op u didn't categorise the slut u re talking abt
Do u knw we have SIM SLUT - wia sim card is inserted dat is the place we insert our sim card undecided
And tank God u didn't mention Hoe cause na wia I for vex for u for bringing farmers equipment to disrepute angry
So next time try and expantiate ua claim
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by demix007(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
have it 4 ur mind dah "A lock DAT can be opened by many keys is a useless lock ,but a key dat can open many locks is a Master Key.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by SeverusSnape(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Because it's a men's world.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by fhemyxXx(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
chimerase2:
Op u didn't categorise the slut u re talking abt
Do u knw we have SIM SLUT - wia sim card is inserted dat is the place we insert our sim card undecided
And tank God u didn't mention Hoe cause na wia I for vex for u for bringing farmers equipment to disrepute angry
So next time try and expantiate ua claim

Lol #VeryNoted sire
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by fhemyxXx(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Because it's a men's world.
well, to me that's not a point
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by fhemyxXx(m): 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Man is born free

He is polygamous by nature and scripture

Haha ,women are born with chains and shackles or what, I don't grasp what you trying to say though. undecided
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
fhemyxXx:
well, to me that's not a point
To you...that's why opinion varies.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by cr7lomo: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
It's easy , which do u prefare . Ur mum fuccked 20 men or ur dad fuccked 20 women . Ladies pls answer
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by clevvermind(m): 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
our culture sees it that way. a woman is nt suppose to flirt around.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by adrainuche(m): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gender Inequality!!! Simple , no cultural or sentimental bullshit it's just simply gender inequality just as girls are open to say "Broke N*iggas" but u sparely hear "Broke Bi*tches" .

Does that mean girls are not broke?? Aftermath they are more male billionaires than females!!!
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by pickabeau1: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Are girls saying if they are not called sluts for giving the cookie.. they will give more of it?

hmmmm
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
clevvermind:
our culture sees it that way. a woman is nt suppose to flirt around.
but Men can flirt around abi..Lolzz..We jxt granted ourselves as men too much power over d women..sometimes we men push these women to get down ..altho,as I was and still am an African and was brought up dis way,I frown at women going on different men but how abt us d men who smtimes push dem by all means possible to get down..I no dey find likes oo..na just my mind I dey post out..
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Cholls(m): 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
My brother ok sir it shall be our righteousness,if we observe and obey to do all these things you have discovered,as you our teacher have commanded us cool
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by clevvermind(m): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
SuperMartins:
but Men can flirt around abi..Lolzz..We jxt granted ourselves as men too much power over d women..sometimes we men push these women to get down ..altho,as I was and still am an African and was brought up dis way,I frown at women going on different men but how abt us d men who smtimes push dem by all means possible to get down..I no dey find likes oo..na just my mind I dey post out..
it is the society we find ourselves. i for one would nt encourage men to flirt around either. it is not safe at all. it is all about renewing our mind.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
clevvermind:
it is the society we find ourselves. i for one would nt encourage men to flirt around either. it is not safe at all. it is all about renewing our mind.
Men were made to admire different women..it happens with every man no matter how much some of us try to act innocent..but not all men finally indulge in infidelity..
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by MrFlexible(m): 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
All this write-up to ask a question?..guy, take ya time o...
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by fhemyxXx(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
MrFlexible:
All this write-up to ask a question?..guy, take ya time o...

No vex sir ,I just see a lot of BIAS in it cheesy
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
Because girls form like they are not having fun.
They pretend.

Oh he broke my heart.
Oh he used and dumped me.
Oh I dont like sex.
Oh dont chat about sex.
Oh I cant give you my body. YInmu.

So when we now get to know it was a lie all along then they call them sluts.

My opinion. Before im bitten.
Re: Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? by lilmax(m): 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
Because it is A_______world

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: Am The Guy With The Sexiest 10 Packs On Nairaland.. Photo / Pls Nairalanders I Need Your Advice On This Issue. / Nigerian Men Returning From Eritrea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.