Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,963 members, 7,803,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Christian And Islam: Not Here For Our Own Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian And Islam: Not Here For Our Own Good (480 Views)

Islamic Deception - We Do Not Worship The Same God! Read This For Your Own Good / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian And Islam: Not Here For Our Own Good by cedric24: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2014
I am a christian, or properly put, i used to be a devout christian of the pentecostal sect. I was a fundamentalist christian of the deeper life breed but over the years my adult mind has seen, observed, studied, experienced and learned a lot that has shaped my current opinion on christianity and religion. From the nigerian context, the premise that christianity is a holy religion or "the religion of God" is false. Islam is not better but my focus is on christianity. It's no longer news that corruption is a culture in nigeria. What surprise me is the manner MOGs exonerate themselves from this cankerworm called corruption. They point accusing fingers at politicians. The fact of the matter is that corruption was introduced into the modern nigerian society by the christian religion through its various sects. They collect all sorts of monies from their members in the guise of evangelism or sowing seeds and other marketing jargons they coin whenever "the holy ghost" speaks to them. Nobody account for these collections. The CEO, overseer, founder or whoever is in charge overrules everybody else as the sole seer or messenger who has the authentic calling. He presides over all the church's accounts and, in principle owns the church and it's affiliates. You can't question the MOG. He heard the word and gives the word "as is". He and his fellow pastors and workers "prepare" the soul of the members for heaven. The funny part is why these people busily prepare for heaven, as they are made to believe, they hardly prepare to live and maximize the life they presently have. It's this message of escaping hell at all cost that's the real winner for these fraudulent MOGs. They first make you to hate your present existence by making you believe that you and your folks are all sinners and therefore deserve to die and condemned to eternal damnation. This is the greatest injustice man has ever done to man. This first take away your self-esteem, security, hope and render you powerless. The damage cannot be measured by the ordinary man because he cannot see beyond his immediate reactionary self. Once you are depraved of your self esteem, hope and security you become amenable to deception because you are now stricken with fear and you need immediate salvation from this your woeful self, only made so because you allowed yourself to be deceived. All major religions have these powerful psychological weapon with which they use to proselyte new comers. The history of the genesis of major religions, chief of which are islam and christianty, where started mainly as weapons to control the masses. It was a tool meant primarily to enslave and dominate. A cursory look at the bible will reveal it's support for slavery, murders and all forms of political intrigues as long as the primary benefactor is the supposedly "chosen" people of God. How has a supposedly supreme being reduced to such trivials, acrimony, blood-letting, petty politics and all forms of "holy" evils? Coming back to the times we live in, taking nigeria as a case study, the christian body is more corrupt than the nigerian polity. Churches have no right, in a civilized society, to collect money from church members. In the event that donations are made, the money must be well accounted for and expended appropriately for the benefit of all or the intended lawful beneficiary. Pastors launder money because Nigeria has weak financial laws. This is the main reason why our MOGs cannot hold politicians responsible for the corruption that has destroyed the structure of our collective civilization. Christianity in nigeria has also wreaked havoc on our people's psyche. We have become beggers and weaklings. We prefer shortcuts to hardwork. We are afraid to think because we don't know how. We have become so shallow and gullible because our minds are not developed. Christians speak about things they do not know. We speak of heavenly bliss, holiness, righteousness, Abraham's blessings but we know nothing about natural laws and principles, yet we are part and parcel of nature. All you see is sicknesses, diseases, poverty, lies, impunity, corruption, ignorance, etc. We keep pointing to the heavens while the earth keeps beckoning on us to for once look down hard enough, perhaps, the solution lies right here or right in your head. My people will not heed until destruction comes right at them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

December 25th Is Not The Birth Dateof Jesus Christ? See This.... / What Do We Gain Being A Religious Fanatic / Valiant Christian Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.