Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,068 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:22 AM

'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake (2911 Views)

Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / “I've Got 28Yrs Of Virginity To Pour Into One Woman”–Gaisebaba Shares Love Story / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by oluwaveeboy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
[img]http://1.bp..com/-5os7Gvl0OE8/VHXEjqDyjCI/AAAAAAAD-Kw/oBlZUjs9qA4/s1600/p350250118-3.jpg[/img]
Unlike many title holders, the Alake of Egbaland HRH Oba Michael Adedotun Gbadebo is married to only one woman, Olori Tokunbo, and they have been married for 43 years. They say he's the only long serving Oba in this country with only one wife. He became Alake of Egbaland in 2005.

The Oba revealed recently at a wedding where he was the chairman that he still shares the same bed with his wife and mother of his children, this was after he praised her for being an incredible partner. He said they have a strong bond and he never had the need to marry another woman.

The Oba who is 71, said his grandfather had 24 wives, while his own father had 3 but he decided one wife was enough and despite the fact that he was an Oba, he and his wife have always shared same room and same bed and that is how it will remain till death do them part. Aww, what a great man!
More; www.mygistnation.com

3 Likes

Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by jacabi(m): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
That's good.
What God has joined together let no room or bed put asunder.
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
I envy him

1 Like

Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by mgbeketoto: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
In this our generation of TOTO MONGERS? grin

Wonderful!
Marriage sweeeeeeeeeet sha!
Kai! kiss

See as them look young?

Too bad not enough men to go around! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_3RNGAGdc
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by missdebs(f): 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
good financial success, gud marital success...may that be our portion ijn

2 Likes

Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by Pavore9: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sir, you are an inspiration in a society that wants us to believe that masculinity is defined by having children from different women littering all over the place. lgnoring the fact that a healthy family life translates to a healthy community.

4 Likes

Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by tpia5: 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
She has impressive antecedents I must say.
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by sucezTP(f): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
grin My bad! I wouldn't have created a thread like this. I thought I'm the first person to see this.

I'm proud of this king!
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Good for him.
So it is now praiseworthy for a man to be responsible and faithful . Is it an inhuman achievement? Is that not what was is considered NORMAL for a normal person ?

Anyway he should pass on the good values to his sons and grandsons.
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by tpia5: 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
I think such a feat can only be achieved in Ogun state.

Most obas find it extremely impossible to have only one wife.
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by crackhaus: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
cococandy:
Good for him.
So it is now praiseworthy for a man to be responsible and faithful . Is it an inhuman achievement? Is that not what was is considered NORMAL for a normal person ?

Anyway he should pass on the good values to his sons and grandsons.
Did you miss the point by a long shot? grin

He is a traditional ruler, his office/position requires that he be married to as many wives as possible.
So it's not NORMAL for him to have just one wife - this is what makes it newsworthy.

2 Likes

Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by cococandy(f): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
crackhaus:

Did you miss the point by a long shot? grin

He is a traditional ruler, his office/position requires that he be married to as many wives as possible.
So it's not NORMAL for him to have just one wife, that's what makes it newsworthy.
why is it required for him to have more than one wife?
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by tpia5: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
Because its the culture.

Is that news to you?
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by crackhaus: 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
cococandy:
why is it required for him to have more than one wife?
You know exactly what I mean - traditional rulers are likely to have more than one wife.

You shouldn't disagree just because it's me and you feel I'm endorsing polygamy, you know I'm right.

1 Like

Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by cococandy(f): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
crackhaus:

You know exactly what I mean - traditional rulers are likely to have more than one wife.

You shouldn't disagree just because it's me and you feel I'm endorsing polygamy, you know I'm right.
erm likely but not required to. Well even he knows it is not ideal that is why he kept to one .
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by crackhaus: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
cococandy:
erm likely but not required to. Well even he knows it is not ideal that is why he kept to one .
He told you so? grin
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by cococandy(f): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
crackhaus:

He told you so? grin
yes cool
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by omotuntun: 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
U See Real and undiluted love
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by crackhaus: 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
cococandy:
yes cool
Yea I thought so too... wink
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by UjSizzle(f): 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
. He said they have a strong bond and he never had the need to marry another woman.
What need please? To spread his seed in multiple wombs and populate the earth
Re: 'i'm Married To Only One Woman & We Still Share Same Bed 43 Years Later" - Alake by Ezibless: 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Youths of nowadays should WATCH and LEARN

(1) (Reply)

Another Girl Today You Wont Believe It. / . / Kindly Rate me and my Son (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.