Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,907 members, 7,799,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi (33446 Views)

An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) / It is well / Boko Haram Female Accomplice Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by TheRealMrStan(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
They may be known as the weaker sex but in the battle to flush out Boko Haram from Nigerian territory, they stand equal with their male counterparts. Fearless, pretty and bold, the female hunters of Adamawa State fear neither man nor woman. To them, the common enemy is not their gender but Boko Haram.

Ladi is a dark-skinned young lady in her 20s. Looking at her, you would hardly believe that she possesses the boldness to confront members of the terrorist sect. In fact, you would pass her off as a young man due to her masculine features but she is in all respects a lady. She smiles as the reporter gapes at her, wondering whether he is seeing double. But she told Sunday New Telegraph that she was motivated by the desire to join in the effort to save her nation from the rampaging terrorists.

She is not alone, our correspondent gathered, as there are a number of female hunters engaged in the Civilian Joint Task Force. They are all part of a civilian vigilante coalition known as Ibn Fadlallah’s forces. Barely literate and armed with dane guns as well as bows and arrows, they risk lives helping the armed forces to hunt members of the sect in the jungles of the North-East states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.

Asked why she mustered the courage to join the effort, Ladi replied: “Boko Haram’s days are numbered. We are not afraid and we are ever ready to fight them. “Me, fear death? Never. This is because I believe that we shall all taste it someday,’’ said Ladi, with boldness etched on her face. Ladi, like other male volunteers was optimistic that, with support and motivation they would succeed. “I can assure you that, with support, encouragement and assistance we can play our own role in fighting the monster called Boko Haram.

We need support from government and individuals to cater for our families,” she added, brandishing her dane gun. Though she is married, she declined to disclose personal details for security reasons. Ladi and her colleagues say they dare to confront the insurgents with the inferior weapons in their hands, vowing that, “If you are committed and have faith in God, you will succeed. We know they (Boko Haram) are using sophisticated weapons, but that will not deter us from facing them squarely. “They thought we would be afraid; never! One can kill a snake with his or her little stick; commitment, resilience and above all faith are the key factors,” she concluded.

Ladi is part of the large army of hunters and CJTF which battled Boko Haram after it tried to install Amirs (leaders) in Maiha, a town in Adamawa State. They foiled the move and killed several members of the sect. The civilian force also helped the armed forces to liberate some of the captured towns.

A state government official involved in the recruitment of the hunters and CJTF told our correspondent that it was in order to stem the tide that the idea of drafting the local hunters allegedly versed in the use of voodoo powers came up. “We are in doubt about the sincerity of Nigerian soldiers in the whole operation, and we sense complicity as what is happening. It could not have been possible without any form of collusion, so we began to think of other options,” said a community leader in Mubi, AbdurRahman Kwacham. Afterwards, the civilian force was mobilised to tackle the insurgents. Ibn Fadlalallah’s army of local hunters, vigilantes and CJTF members were said to have been mobilised by creating alliances with towns to fortify and defend themselves against Boko Haram. “These brave warriors have promised to liberate the North-East from Boko Haram.

They are preparing and engaging in combat in Adamawa and Borno. All brave citizens have been invited to join the legions,” said a community leader who didn’t want to be named. In the first operation, the local hunters and vigilante group were reported to have overwhelmed the insurgents. They confronted the militants in their hundreds, killing dozens of the extremists and recapturing the town.

Residents said the local hunters were stationed in some areas for four days, mapping out strategies on how to recapture Mubi before they finally took on the insurgents. However, the recapture of the towns by the civilian force elicited jubilation, with residents chanting songs of victory to God.
http://newtelegraphonline.com/i-dont-fear-boko-haram-ladi-female-hunter/

19 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Chaleeee: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
Why do you guys have to put her face on the internet?
Clap for yourself for exposing her identity and for also exposing her to undue risky attention.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by donmalcolm21(m): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
That is a real woman not these berem, obiaghelli and Ngene Ukwuenu women wannabe

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
Chaleeee:
Why do you guys have to put her face on the internet?
Clap for yourself for exposing her identity and for also exposing her to undue risky attention.
We have removed her face from Nairaland, but we have no control over picture in the newspaper where the story was published.
UPDATE: Picture added back because no further damage can be done. The picture has already been published in a newspaper

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by BWGISTdotCOM: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nice one, i believe Boko Haram end is near... OYA hit "like" if you also believe

Check my signatue

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by blemon44(m): 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Angela Merkel of Nigeria
The Lord is your strength

5 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Bennyberry(m): 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nice fighting spirit.Even if i don't believe any assurances anymore...i surely believe and know that boko haram would soon be terminated.
History has shown that women are Resilient fighters.but above all God alone can save us

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by datguru: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Story for the gids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by toxiflam: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
makes me think of
what a man can do , a woman can do better

2 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Nairabeezie(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Twins become dads on the same day, at the same hospital shocked shocked shocked
http:///n7gV6
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by igoro10: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Good

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by jreyez(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Abeg who get xperia z2 charger..
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Tundiano(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Female hunters. Hehehe
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by sexymoma(f): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
donmalcolm21:
That is a real woman not these berem, obiaghelli and Ngene Ukwuenu women wannabe
The Punch wey this madam(s) you mentioned wan give u dey dance sekem..With due respect grin

6 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by LMAyedun(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Those you mentioned are just bunch of e-noise makers.

15 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by stinggy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
If you don't, who will?
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Mistermamus(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nice 1
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by englishmart(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
the hour has come.
Men have been protecting women since the days of Adam.
One good turn deserves another.

Don't give out your selling points. Just finish them at gunpoints......

What a man can do, a woman can try

9 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
I thought d north east is arid?

Wats up with dis hunting tin over dia?

I need answers.

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nigerian senators should go along with her and stop scaling gates are they mountain climbers?

2 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by clara472: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kudos to her and the other thousands of JTF and Civilian JTF risking their lives in the north east so that we may sleep well

WEIRD! Pakistani man kills niece for listening to loud music – police
Source: [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=WEIRD!+Pakistani+man+kills+niece+for+listening+to+loud+music+%E2%80%93+police&oq=WEIRD!+Pakistani+man+kills+niece+for+listening+to+loud+music+%E2%80%93+police&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=WEIRD!+Pakistani+man+kills+niece+for+listening+to+loud+music+%E2%80%93+police+e+reporter+news]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/crime/item/1645-weird-pakistani-man-kills-niece-for-listening-to-loud-music-police[/url]
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Matttthew(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
I pray...........
Na Bush meat dem wan go kill for Bush?
[b]WISH You SUCCESS AS YOU SAY THY LAST PRAYER[b/]
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by melotreaah(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
All the best my sister.......................Insha Allah

9 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Opiosko: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Haha! Easy on em sisy morons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by jaybiz007(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
where are all this female e-warriors, make una sef follow join this lady oo. I go personally sponsor all of una!! grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
Anyway the end of the world is near not only nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by Schematics: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
Every northerner is more or less a Boko Haram member or a sympathizer..if not why did they wait this long to engage these monsters? Because the monster they created turn against them..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by paleo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
great
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by ccnation(m): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
I came to look at her face but it seems she's faceless.

Anyway...... Weldon to the PRINCESS AMINA likes of our time.
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
wink
Re: We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi by MadCow1: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
LOL @ Female Hunter... grin These Newspapers can lie..

We all know females cant be hunters.. The Animals can smell their pheromones from 10 miles out.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World / Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Femi Hamzat, Their Wives During APC Rally Today / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.