Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn (48356 Views)

Environment Ministry Terminates N9.2bn Clean Cook Stove Contract / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Fg To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2mn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by temitemi1(m): 6:36am On Nov 27, 2014
GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 27, 2014
mamajohn:
I am amazed nobody is reading through GEJ's deceit. Its another way of ferrying N9.2bn to South Africa without being caught by the Pretoria's authority this time around. Remember the embarrassment the last one brought his government and Ayo Oritsejafor who released his private jet to aid and abet the high wire criminality. GEJ has taken lootocracy to a new intercontinental height. Anyway, GEJ must go back home come May 29, 2015.

Majority Nigerians are F00lish and blind to see GEJ administration as a total failure na, all because he is a Christian president( thats if the Olodo is truly a christian) and he is also from the South South. Me am from South south, half Ijaw self buh i dont support the modafucka coz he is a total failure when we talk of rule of leadership. The man is just too imcompetent and when matured mind and positive people speak the truth, all these Coconut vacuum headed Nigerians will be shouting criticism! Criticism!. They just dont want to wake up from their slumbering sleep. *shaking my head*

8 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Bigwig1: 6:36am On Nov 27, 2014
Haba,can't dey buy one as sample nd we fabricate it here? 9.2B. Dis is sheer madness. Oro ilu yi o ti Oju sun mi oo. May God help us. Despite wat's cumin,u know how many industries dat would established. Our mining sector is dead. Can't we use dat to resurrect it? Smh
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Debonair01: 6:37am On Nov 27, 2014
ok... y'all be the judge, lets all reason the contract and take like a pool as to if you would use one, or think ur auntie the village would.

THE WONDER BAG, honestly.... i think its a waste of money. For the clean cook stove, i do not see how it differs so much from the saw dust variant already in use in most rural areas today.

please find pictures attached lets discuss...

DO YOU THINK THE PROJECT IS WORTH SPENDING 9.2BILLION NAIRA ON?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Debonair01: 6:39am On Nov 27, 2014
the first picture above is the wonder bag and the others are all various variants of the clean cook stove. So the general idea is.... u make the food half done, the put ur pot in the wonder bag to cook the rest. sad sad sad sad sad

I dont see myself or anybody that i know that would decide do that just to get food ready. if you see the quantity of fire normally used for cooking, i suppose some can be akin to hell fire.... you will understand that nigerians in the rural areas just generally want to cook quick and get out of the kitchen

3 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by clemz88(m): 6:40am On Nov 27, 2014
Why can't nigeria produce their own things for once ? Always importing . That's why the economy will never improve. angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by magabounce(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2014
Nigerians can sha criticize oooooo

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Kennykenty(m): 6:42am On Nov 27, 2014
SINCE WE ARE GETTING THIS FROM S.AFRICA.. MAYBE IT IS PART OF THE DEAL GOVERMENT WISH...... TO COLLECT THE ARMS DOLLAR BACK TO NIGERIA.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ypzilanti: 6:42am On Nov 27, 2014
Vote for more of the same old sh!t next year. Why not? Buhari is coming to stop y' all from going to church. Soldiers will come to your house and make you recite the Koran. Odes.
Gej is like a rapist that rapes with the door wide open for the victims to escape, but christian Nigerians are like " at least he said hes a christian"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by jerryjere(m): 6:44am On Nov 27, 2014
9.2b for stove and you people we say the economy has collapse dollars is getting stronger every day and there's nothing you govt can do to solve the issue on ground than to buy stove for 9.2b shame to you all.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by gratiaeo(m): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Another misplaced priority. Is that really what we need in this country?

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Gbengem(m): 6:49am On Nov 27, 2014
Stove? Dis administration can't cease to amaze me... I wonder wat dey expect people to cook on the stove mayb na stone we go pour inside pot put on ebele wonder stove to cook... Guess d national treasury has out flown A̶̲̥̅̊₪d dey got confused on how to put d money to G̶̲̥̅̊º°D̶̲̥̅̊ use

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2014
Hehehehe undecided these stoves you are sharing, tongue tongue tongue there is God oooooooooo grin grin
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by luvmijeje(f): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2014
#GEJMUSTGO#..... he has done more than enough.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by pat077: 6:52am On Nov 27, 2014
campaign tins. which one be
wonder bag again
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by gratiaeo(m): 6:52am On Nov 27, 2014
nedu2000:
let them import & redistribute pre-paid meters first,NEPA's bills r crazy,I've been waiting for 5 months now,forget stove
Very good point here. This administration is confuse just like Liverpool coach
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by masamari(m): 6:52am On Nov 27, 2014
The present govt is useless and misleading, no wonder I can see clearly why these people are clueless. On what condition can they earmarked such a reasonable Naira just on ordinary fucking cooking stove? Chai! Mr president this nation is falling down. We will all be accountable one day!
It is pity that PDP party has failed to understand what societal infrastructures are, this party has failed it is high time we use our votes to send these babbons to their village. Ogogoro people, yeye party. Dairis God o!

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by M4gunners: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2014
This one na nonsense abeg. Who brought the idea at the first place? Shey na my grandmother wen don dey use firewood dey cook since d time of Adam and Eve u won introduce 9 . billion stove to?FG am disappointed in you guys on this.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by zicoraads: 6:55am On Nov 27, 2014
magabounce:
Nigerians can sha criticize oooooo
cheesy Everybody na critic na cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OLADD: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2014
horpe132:
.....WHEN THE HEAD IS ROTTEN.......

Nigeria Economy is in Trouble................But sheybi they said Okonjo Iwela has PHD in Econs,,,,,,,,Can't she advise the FG that that Stove will/can never be well maintained by the target population................& that importation of everything is not good for us especially now d@ the dollar is murdering the Naira .........Those Stove are gona be imported From South Africa & Assembled here..........................When did FG start sharing STOVE ?......What happened to making our GAS affordable and accessible to those in the rural areas ?.................................Must we import ?.......Must we waste money ??..........Now how will those in the rural areas maintain this new technology when its even hard 4 them to maintain the conventional kerosene stove...................FG needs Deliverance !!!!
horpe132:

Nigeria Economy is in Trouble................But sheybi they said Okonjo Iwela has PHD in Econs,,,,,,,,Can't she advise the FG that that Stove will/can never be well maintained by the target population................& that importation of everything is not good for us especially now d@ the dollar is murdering the Naira .........Those Stove are gona be imported From South Africa & Assembled here..........................When did FG start sharing STOVE ?......What happened to making our GAS affordable and accessible to those in the rural areas ?.................................Must we import ?.......Must we waste money ??..........Now how will those in the rural areas maintain this new technology when its even hard 4 them to maintain the conventional kerosene stove...................FG needs Deliverance !!!!
horpe132:

You are pathetic. You must have written written this rubbish while dosing. What is wrong with assembling cooking stove in Nigeria especially when it offers job opportunities for our citizens? The. scheme is meant to make life better for rural women who cannot afford cooking gas and should be commended. Must you criticize anything? Associate of too-knows.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by tohshine(m): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2014
To be sincere this is a perfect wasted of resources
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Afritop(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2014
The economy will soon be getting cooked come February 2015
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by doublecrown1(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2014
horpe132:

God bless you horpe132. Now that our our oil price is crashing, exchange rate is climbing and our naira is loosing value, FG is still thinking of importation of stove. I think FG is sick, and indeed needs deliverance.
May God help Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by otunbakolawole(m): 7:08am On Nov 27, 2014
Unfortunately, this PDP led government has decided to enrich the South African economy at our expense.

This nation has Economic malaria, and the economic doctor has only prescribed an underdose to treat the malaria. I wonder if it's the same Okonjo Iweala of the OBJ era that we have now or a clone.

I know of three indigenous companies here in Nigeria, one in Lagos, One in Kano, and the other in Kogi that have done something similar with their products in the market.
If the government doesn't want to patronise them, go to the universities, polytechnics etc, there are various clean inventions by some brilliant students that could be supported. For Christ sake, who advises this man?

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by smartigo: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2014
You cannot be intelligent and be corrupt as well;the corruption will erode any clue or intelligence in you.

This is a failure to the Co-ordinating Minister of Finance at a time like this.

But wait o, must we patronize South African products all the time? In fact, this is more embarrassing to imagine that a country we helped during the apartheid era is more advance virtually in all sectors.

Is the skin color cursed?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OLADD: 7:12am On Nov 27, 2014
omenka:
Even in the face of dwindling revenues, this government just can't put an end to its squandermania. Stoves for 9Billion and you say Jonathan knows how to run an economy!! I guess when the cloud of this shiitstorm they are gathering breaks and starts to rain, they wouldn't go looking for whom to blame.

This is just madness.
omenka:
Even in the face of dwindling revenues, this government just can't put an end to its squandermania. Stoves for 9Billion and you say Jonathan knows how to run an economy!! I guess when the cloud of this shiitstorm they are gathering breaks and starts to rain, they wouldn't go looking for whom to blame.

This is just madness.
omenka:

This is just madness.

it's surely madness for you and your household. How sane are you by describing a project meant to ameliorate the suffering of rural women as a waste? Those women beneficiaries, are they from Ghana? If your mindset is to condemn any govt's project no matter how laudable, then you are a disgrace to this generation. And if peradventure the stove is found in your extended family, it becomes a curse .

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Eyop: 7:13am On Nov 27, 2014
sunnshyn:
I totally understand the motive behind this....

Truth be told, I can manufacture a close alternative to this...very simple and easy process. All we need is majorly ethanol and some additives.. I was opportuned to work and is still friends with another CEO who manufactures this cooking gel plus stove in SA.

It was part of my Youwin application, for some reasons I didn't understand why my idea wasn't chosen, but now I understand...9billion to SA?? For real? For what? How much does the stove and gel cost?

From research I know for a fact that we have other indigenous companies who makes these things, the stove itself isn't even rocket science to manufacture. Any good fabricator can do these things competently, trust my Aba brothers... I'm kinda disappointed sha..

Another thing is - our research team are great. Nigeria have very good researcher in diaspora. Go to any school in SA and u'll find teams of Nigerian researchers. From engineering to food science and all...but these people aren't motivated enough, they do their researches depending on yearly stipends(bursary) from their host schools and that's where it ends. None bring what they found or improved on back home. Why? Mentality. FG won't even take them seriously...smh! I'm upset.

Nigerians and its government always thinking stuffs outside Nigeria is superior...

It's only Nigeria that I knw so far that wouldn't support their own stuffs...Remember there's 24hrs electricity in most part of South Africa, yet people tried to develop ways to have clean cooking methods..imagine if electricity was epileptic like it is in Nigeria?? I'm sure South Africans would have developed ways to create their own electricity using different methods, and I'm not referring to importing generators please, yet their government supports them.

We all can do it...most times the solutions to our problems are in our pockets...we tend to look too far...too far

Why didn't I go ahead to start my own cooking gel one may ask....You probably will keep asking for a life time..

9billion naira? Someone help me convert to rands please...smh!! It is well...

My sister forget the Government and their shenanigans because am also tired of them all. thank God you have an idea about the cooking gel or otherwise called the chafing dish fuel. I was introduced into the business and i had interest of importing them directly from a friend's company in Malaysia. Ethanol as you mentioned is one of the requirements and I hope you are aware that Methanol can as well be used? If you can proceed with your ideas,I will suggest you do so and sell directly to the hotels or big time caterers. Have studied the business very well and all it requires is connection for supplies as i do have and a minimum of 20ft Container load of it will give a profit of a minimum of #4m. So that's my own advise for you if you can proceed with production locally here. Cheers

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by chekasforchekas: 7:13am On Nov 27, 2014
sammieguze:
So wake me up when this is over..... Am wiser though.

Assuming both stove and wonder pack costs the same, cost of production per unit is 9200000000/768000=11979. Approx 12,000.

Now i wonder what a barely literate rural woman wants with such a stove when some could barely even afford a meal.

Anyway... People like my grandmother will catalogue it is her antique wardrobe for her grandsons yet unborn.

And again, i wonder whats rocket science in stove development that design can't be given to undergraduates while development outsourced to local fabricators.

Anyway, A leopard doesn't shed its spots.

Once clueless, always clueless until Jesus comes back again.
I think this Otueke man is really a pipe, but we can not help it but to manage it, Such is life.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 27, 2014
I.shake.my.head for this country....here in this country.....we have gas.....we can make stove with the help of the voyage of discovery in our universities.....yet we import......and the situation of nigeria don't allow for importing.....with the current devation of the currency...it means we will spend more naira to get few dolars........this is one of the reasons why goodluck must go.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by hamedade2000(m): 7:16am On Nov 27, 2014
onatisi:
This post heading is misleading and I don't know why some people seek happiness in making nigerians sad. This project is a local one ,a contract for the production of solar cooking stoves for nigerians . this stoves won't be using gas or kerosine but solar which means cheaper cooking options for nigerians and the contract was awarded to a local nigerian company. Now that govt is taking a front seat in the renewable energy stuff it will open nigerians to the countless oppourtunity in the solar business. If a nigerian business man imports these stoves in from china and sells to nigerians at a high cost I know nigerians will happily buy it without complains but now that the fg wants ppl to produce in nigeria ,people are complaining
i'm very sorry, i'm not a violent person buh I jez av to abuse u. Ur comment n mostly likely u r silly. U wrote gud English but it came out lyk an illiterate was speaking. Assemble z miles different form producing. Donation of renewable energy stove to women who can't afford a cup of garri, I guess dey wld be boiling dia bathing water wif d stove wen it's cold. Dat shdnt be priority now n I guess dat z part of d austerity measures dey were screaming abt last week. A broke country shdnt be thinking of spending so much on somefin so trivial. Nigeria has loads of pressing matter to deal wif, nobody wld die tomorrow if dey don't get dis stoves but pple are dying everyday in d hospitals cos of poor infrastructures, under 5 children r dying from malaria n malnourishment, university graduates r jobless, boko haram killing innocents lyk catfish. So sharing of stoves z d best dey can do at dis very moment n it cldnt wait till wen things r a little better. Wat Clueless, Lost, Sick government we av. #GejOut

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 7:16am On Nov 27, 2014
donmalcolm21:
This is a government that its policy affect everybody, employment will be provided and the stoves will be distributed for free. Ride on GeJ you are my ROBIN HOOD
and you think it's true? What happens to the prepaid electric phcn meter they said will be delivered free?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:16am On Nov 27, 2014
I've been an ardent supporter of this administration, I've always tried to find a silver lining in all their activities and projects but in this case, this is outrageous. This is a blatant case of corruption and money laundering. they're just poking their fingers in our eyes and laughing in our face. God knows I won't vote for this man come 2015 but none of d other aspirants are all good.
if only fashola or Rochas or Akpabio or rotimi will contest. they're only people who will move Nigeria to the promised land

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fresh Video Evidence Of Bola Tinubu’s Cognitive Challenges Emerges - Reno Omokri / Anthony Iwenjiora Burial: GEJ, Patience, Obi, Ihedioha Visit Obi Of Onitsha / Meet Olajide Ayeni, A Nigerian Working As A Policeman In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.