Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. (1210 Views)

Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Is A Federal Minister Superior To A State Governor Constitutionally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Abia state: the quest for freedom.
Abia state is a state with the slogan "God own state" but in reality,the state has always looked like a state in serious need of God's intervention.
Abia state has been in the mouth of every citzen of Nigeria not because of good deeds but because of its ruined condtion. Abia state is home to the best shoe industry and. clothing industry in NIgeria if not West Africa yet,the state looks like a state without a single resource. It is well know that there is no resource as important as human resource in the development of an area but the case of Abia State seems to be different thus the queston, what must be the cause?
Believe it or not,Gov. T.A Orji has taken the state ten steps backward than the one step forward that Gov Orji Uzor Kalu took it. He has made sure he and his cronies looted the state coffers to zero and at the same time,owing workers unimaginable amount of salaries. Ochendo as he is popularly known did not stop at owing salaries,he levied the people of Abia especially those in the aba area with tax in different forms yet nothing has been done with the money. Aba is a shame,anybody who lives in aba knows the fear when the weather gets cloudy and the rain gathers to fall. Hold up is the order of the day on a sunny day talk more of when it rains. Ariaria market which can boost as the second or third largest market in Nigeria is the laughing stock of traders alll over Nigeria.traders who go to ariaria to buy goods dread such experience especially if it rains. Not just ariaria market.Ahia Ohuru at Ngwa road can be regarded with pity when visited because of its condition. Refused has been heaped alongs its main road until one cannot see the other person at the other side of the road. When you walk along the road,the amount of dirts and stinking liquids you step on,you will definitely feel the germs making its way into your system through you feet.
Do we talk about the roads,every connecting roads Orji Uzor kalu constructed during his time has been left to ruins without rehabilitation or constructing an alternative. Aba has been locked in. No matter the road you follow,Ochendo has made sure that you must feel the brunt of his greed,cluelessness,wickedness.
Come 2015 Abians has to look for freedom. We need a technocrat,a leader, a man who has made it on his own not through politics. A peoples' person. God help us
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by vivaciouzz(f): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
MY prayer request: God plz don't forgive dis man called T.A Orji..he is a full blooded criminal

Mcc road don spoil completely..
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
vivaciouzz:
MY prayer request: God plz don't forgive dis man called T.A Orji..he is a full blooded criminal

Mcc road don spoil completely..

I have never for one day prayed that God should forgive that thief. The last time i passed that MCC road,i couldn't believe my eyes. That road use to be one of the best cut out roads in aba but today,its definitely the worst. T.A Orji made sure it remains that way. That man is evil. At times i think he has been sent to punish us for what I don't know.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by tetengwo: 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
TA's remains will be eaten by vultures
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 4:10am On Nov 28, 2014
tetengwo:
TA's remains will be eaten by vultures

Seconded!!
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by Jaideyone(m): 4:21am On Nov 28, 2014
the east needs viable opposition. the east needs change. too bad you guys ain't ready to embrace APC
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by chymystique(f): 4:49am On Nov 28, 2014
Jaideyone:
the east needs viable opposition. the east needs change. too bad you guys ain't ready to embrace APC

what is this one saying... We are talking of a credible candidiate who has the interest of the abians in mind and willing to deliver to the people in all aspects and you talking of APC angry .. What does party ve to do with this issue?.. You want PDP to be voted out but you forgot that even the next APC candidiate for the state was once a memeber of PDP meaning the same blood flow through their veins. Every time APC will be screaming Change! Change! Change! forgetting that most Nigerian politicians are corrupt including them too even with their holier than thou statements/lies.......

Abia state needs a leader with vision for its people and is willing to implement them and not PARTY.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by MajeMedia: 4:56am On Nov 28, 2014
Abians are free. They freely voted for Orji twice.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by Jaideyone(m): 7:55am On Nov 28, 2014
chymystique:

what is this one saying... We are talking of a credible candidiate who has the interest of the abians in mind and willing to deliver to the people in all aspects and you talking of APC angry .. What does party ve to do with this issue?.. You want PDP to be voted out but you forgot that even the next APC candidiate for the state was once a memeber of PDP meaning the same blood flow through their veins. Every time APC will be screaming Change! Change! Change! forgetting that most Nigerian politicians are corrupt including them too even with their holier than thou statements/lies.......

Abia state needs a leader with vision for its people and is willing to implement them and not PARTY.

OK now keep waiting for a visionary leader under PDP when ochendo is ready to install a stooge who would also force another stooge on abians. I stayed in abia state for a while. I still stay in the east. states like abia, cross river, akwa ibom, ebonyi have no strong opposition to the ruling PDP. that is not good for d democracy of the state. whoever wins PDP primaries through bribery and a*sslicking becomes the governor. as long as there is no strong opposition in those states democracy is not complete.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by MARKone(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2014
It is indeed quite unfortunate, but to think that this man was voted in for a second term, begs to question when will we as electorates ever get it right in this country. When are we ever going to worry less about the present, and and lay more emphasis on the future, our future, when are we going to realise that good governance is our collective right. It will beat the imagination to know that OUK, TA Orji and his goons must have paid as little as N1,000 to many conscienceless souls for their votes, now these souls are shedding N1m tears.
This is a man that won an election while in detention abi prison, caught butt n@cked taking an oath in a shrine, got a second term, and is now claiming that Jesus Christ has handed the sentorial mace to him, yet his people are gnashing their teeth in regret, crying for Freedom. When are we ever going to learn. My people will say ife onye cho ka onye ga fu(what you want, you will get) Abians, if you see anyone with orji affixed to their name, run for your life. I pray your change works for you.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by chymystique(f): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2014
Jaideyone:
OK now keep waiting for a visionary leader under PDP when ochendo is ready to install a stooge who would also force another stooge on abians. I stayed in abia state for a while. I still stay in the east. states like abia, cross river, akwa ibom, ebonyi have no strong opposition to the ruling PDP. that is not good for d democracy of the state. whoever wins PDP primaries through bribery and a*sslicking becomes the governor. as long as there is no strong opposition in those states democracy is not complete.

You are right concerning the opposition stuff and pdp stronghold in the east.. But you mentionin APC like say they are the best for the state forgetting that most APC members are angry souls that left PDP.. There are other parties where a leader with a visonfor his people can emerge from eg APGA,LP etc.. APGA is even a stronger opposition for PDP in the east than APC...... Anyways its left for the abians not to sell their souls for N1000 and boot out ochendo and his cohorts like Imo people did in 2011 with Ohakim..

1 Like

Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
MajeMedia:

I can possible say Abians freely voted T.A.Orji in to office the first time. He rode comfortably on the back of Orji Uzor Kalu who many Abians trusted due to his continuous face off the presidency then. The second time? I don't think he was voted in. He rigged himself in because by then,Abians had understood who he was an. Is.
Now,Abians need to reject same mistake again.T.A Orji and his cohorts have no place in abia any more.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 2:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Jaideyone:

Abia state problem is lack of oppositon. be it APC,Labour or APGA party. Abia State just doesnt have an oppostion and that is hurting the state"s progress seriously.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
MajeMedia:

Maybe the first time was free because abians always trusted Orji Uzor Kalu but the second time<it was plain rigging because by then Abians wanted that criminal out. He completely rigged himself into office the second time.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by Ngwakwe: 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
Is Gov T. A. Orji a stooge to Orji Uzor Kalu who installed him as Governor from prison?

The answer is resounding No

Aba would been a first class commercial city and a beauty to behold had T. A. Orji played stooge to Kalu

Jaideyone:
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Is Gov T. A. Orji a stooge to Orji Uzor Kalu who installed him as Governor from prison?

Aba would been a first class commercial city and a beauty to behold had T. A. Orji played stooge to Kalu

Nobody knows what would have been. Maybe Abia would have been better or even worse but what we all know is that T.A.Orji has at the end, taken Abia so backwards that if the next governor turns out good will find it hard to steer the state right.

Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by Kc3000: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ngwakwe:

What? Kalu did not transform Aba to a 1st class commercial city, but you are suggesting TA Orji would have done so if he remained his stooge? Doesn't make much sense to me. I'll admit that Kalu was a better governor than TA Orji, but that's not saying much.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by Ngwakwe: 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kc3000:

What? Kalu did not transform Aba to a 1st class commercial city, but you are suggesting TA Orji would have done so if he remained his stooge? Doesn't make much sense to me. I'll admit that Kalu was a better governor than TA Orji, but that's not saying much.

Yes, Gov. Orji Uzor Kalu transformed Aba to its best glory in his first term.

Rehabilitated 95% of the roads, constructed new roads, built New general hospital at Abayi, expanded Aba Sport stadium to 33,000 CAF approved capacity and many more in his first term.

President Obsanjo commended him and gave him the name No.1 Action Governor in one of his visits when he had so much to commission.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by asha80(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Yes, Gov. Orji Uzor Kalu transformed Aba to its best glory in his first term.

Rehabilitated 95% of the roads, constructed new roads, built New general hospital at Abayi, expanded Aba Sport stadium to 33,000 CAF approved capacity and many more in his first term.

President Obsanjo commended him and gave him the name No.1 Action Governor in one of his visits when he had so much to commission.
orji kalu only did shallow work in aba...saying orji brought out the best glory in aba laughable as i wonder whay you would say about mbakwe's administration....orji works in aba did not last as long as mbakwe's own.
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by Ngwakwe: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
asha80:
orji kalu only did shallow work in aba...saying orji brought out the best glory in aba laughable as i wonder whay you would say about mbakwe's administration....orji works in aba did not last as long as mbakwe's own.

Aba was planned by the British, not Mbakwe.

I agree with you on the quality of the constructions as they were substandard, however, the city blossomed, prospered and expanded in his first term.

The second term was used in fighting OBJ and the pursuit of his presidential ambition where most part of Abia Federal Allocations were withheld in Abuja in the name of debt servicing to pay off the debts borrowed mostly by Mbakwe
Re: Abia State: A State In Need Of Freedom. by reganvida: 9:32am On Nov 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Aba was planned by the British, not Mbakwe.

I agree with you on the quality of the constructions as they were substandard, however, the city blossomed, prospered and expanded in his first term.

The second term was used in fighting OBJ and the pursuit of his presidential ambition where most part of Abia Federal Allocations were withheld in Abuja in the name of debt servicing to pay off the debts borrowed mostly by Mbakwe

I believe you right in most of what you wrote. Buh the issue of servicing of debts incurred by mbakwe,i cant say because i have no knowledge of that but i know that Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu also incurred debts that also needed to be serviced.all these doesn't hide the fact that his administration is heaven compared to the hell Abia is in now.

(1) (Reply)

300 Militants Not 100 Killed In Yobe Attack- Saharareporter , BBC / Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 / Photos:Ambode Campaigns With Educative Materials-Dictionary And Maths Textbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.