Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And A Bus Conductor - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And A Bus Conductor (651 Views)

Roman, Lagos Babe And Her Giant Boobs Break The Internet (PHOTOS) / When You're With Your Babe And She's Always Pressing Her Phone / Ever Turned Down An Ugly Babe And Years Later, You Discover She Already An Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1)

The Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And A Bus Conductor by Tonniey(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
Just saw this trilling but short story on my facebook wall and I thought it worth sharing.

Something interesting happened on my way to Oshodi this morning. At the park this rough
mean-looking conductor also known as
“agbero” in Yoruba was screaming for
passengers, his vernacular oscillating between
Yoruba and pidgin English.
“Oshod! Oshod!” He shouted angrily as I along
with some other passengers scuttled for seats.
There was this beautiful young lady who
couldn’t throw caution and decorum to the
wind but waited patiently until the bus was
almost filled. Then she pleaded to sit by the
agbero until somebody came down then she
would pay for a proper seat.
The agbero didn’t even look at her pretty face,
he hissed and shouted to the driver to move
that why didn’t she rush when others were
rushing. The girl started pleading in Yoruba
and clean ‘oyinbo’ english; “please, ejó, help
me out sir, I know you are a good man, never
mind all this shout you have been shouting
(people burst into laughter). Let me sit by your side please”.
Finally with much squeezing of face the agbero relented and she sat beside him. It was a tight squeeze but she didn’t complain but rather started praising the agbero. He in turn started teasing her, speaking (and sometimes spitting by mistake) into her face but the girl never looked away, she never let the smile leave her face. He asked her where she worked and she replied that she was a student in the University of Lagos (UNILAG) studying accounting. He teased her in Yoruba about her boyfriend and car (maybe asking why her boyfriend didn’t drop her at her destination…she laughed it off and continued to gist with the guy in Yoruba.
When she reached her junction the agbero
alighted the bus for her to come down. She did and paid her transport fare, then the agbero told her to give him a peck on the cheek for being so ‘gentlemanly’. At this point some of us became indignant, haba! He had been teasing her since, he should let her go. Another argument almost ensued between the agbero and the passengers although it was not as if the agbero was really serious, he told her to go.
Then it happened! She jumped forward and
gave him a peck on the cheek! We all shouted, the agbero was quiet out of surprise. She then waved bye and ran down to her street.
The driver and other people started to hail the
agbero, see hailing! The guy was just forming
boss, saying he knew he was irresistible etc
and others were yabbing (taunting) him, some
were yabbing the girl and we moved on and
suddenly the bus was quiet, show over. Then
the agbero put his head down and became
uncharacteristically quiet. The driver soon
asked the guy why he wasn’t calling out bus-
stop abi the girl don do am jazz (cast a spell on him). The agbero said something in Yoruba I didn’t get and then his voice became
emotional and believe it or not HE STARTED
CRYING. Others were now consoling him in
Yoruba. When I asked what the problem was,
the lady beside me explained that the agbero
said he just realised he would never be able to
get a girl like that in his life because he’s an
uneducated bus conductor and she was going
to be a graduate. He was weeping because he
knew no girl of her class might ever do to him
what that girl just did, to touch a dirty person
like himself; that the girl is nice and well
brought-up and if he had money he would
have chased after her. So the passengers were
consoling him in Yoruba that he would go
higher in life and be able to marry a girl like
that. He should not cry because itwas not the
end of the road for him.
That really touched me.
For a moment in that agbero’s life, his facade
of a street thug fell away and he was a
vulnerable emotional aspiring young man, just
like everybody else.

1 Like

Re: The Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And A Bus Conductor by farano(f): 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2014

(1)

10 Obvious Signs A Guy Is Flirting With You / Bride Price / What Do You Resort To When Love Takes Over The Reins Of Your Being?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.