Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS (8090 Views)

Bafarawa Escapes Arrest As EFCC Lays Siege On Residence / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" / PDP Conspiring With Reps To Impeach GEJ - S’South Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
vanunu:

U are a big fool, that is how u people are destroying nigeria . The constitution is very explicit on that. Most u go to court on every issue
why didn't the police do their job during the illegal impeachment at ekiti state of assembly?or the police was waiting for the court at ekiti?hypocrisy!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
modhream:

And section 68(2) is very clear on who enforces section 68(1) as a whole,I didn't see the IGP mentioned there as one of them.
To whom brain is given,sense is expected.I guess that don't hold true in u n ur ilk.

Thr constitution is very clear on the role of the Nigerian police in the society and doesn't have to mention them in each section.

A little reading would have saved you from embarassing yourself in a public forum.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by vanunu: 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:
why didn't the police do their job during the illegal impeachment at ekiti state of assembly?or the police was waiting for the court at ekiti?hypocrisy!!!!!!

That is another issue, the people of ekiti should fight for justice.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by vanunu: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Thr constitution is very clear on the role of the Nigerian police in the society and doesn't have to mention them in each section.

A little reading would have saved you from embarassing yourself in a public forum.

Don't mind him , he has low mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
vanunu:

That is another issue, the people of ekiti should fight for justice.
ok grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by success9(m): 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Section 68 (g) (1) is very clear and unambiguous. Maybe the police should also wait for the court to declare someone caught robbing a robber before arresting him.

Why would a killer be regarded as "suspects" until pronounced guilty in a law court?

I think the National Judicial Council and the Nigerian Bench (or whatever they call themselves) ought to sue Abba and his caricature force for out-stepping their bounds and other numerous charges that can be levelled against the useless force.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by ayindejimmy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
chukwudi44:

continue to dream on!! The IGP is not going anywhere!!! The APC gate jumpers in the house does not have the powers to remove him
[/color]do not..... [color=#006600]you mean?
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
Demdem:

But the same constitution didn't regard former APGA reps that decamped to pdp as ex members eh.
Hypocrite, run along now and go find ur gullible kind.

As bad as I hate to quote you personally, I would do this to educate Nigerians:
When the APGA guys defected there were the 'Umeh-faction' and the 'Bianca-faction'.
The move then was deliberate in order to strengthen PDP'S number in the Nat Assembly
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by gbaskipro: 11:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

That is Jonathan's version of democracy!

I can bet u will never be a councillor, you can't even become a leader of an office. An average well trained person will not insult his elders no matter how... U are only showing us your poor home training and lack of morals, I won't be surprised that u are an illitrate and even if you went to school, malpractice summed up ur story. Support whoever you like but be positive about others!!!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by dlox147(m): 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:
hello ooooo,it is the COURT that has the right to interpret the constitution and not the IG.....so why is the IG doing the job of the court??
who enforces the law when the constitution is clear enough
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by leofab(f): 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
Only in my country will a police officer raise his voice over elected members of the house of assembly. Nonsense
are they elected by the gods?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Section 68 (g) (1) is very clear and unambiguous. Maybe the police should also wait for the court to declare someone caught robbing a robber before arresting him.

lol

very apt!
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
am in spain...please explain things to me abeg

[Photos] What happening to Tiwa Savage?
http:///n7MfN
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
omenka:
We have a problem of institutionalised corruption in the system, and now Jonathan has institutionalised impunity amongst our security agencies. This is really terrible and portend grave danger for our budding democracy !! Since when did it become the duty of the police chief to interpret the constitution

The damage Jonathan's style of politics/leadership has injected into our national life would take years to undo!!

I weep for my country.

if you want to avoid impunity tell Tambuwal who was number 4 citizen to grant a press conference declaring that he does recognise that he can not continue as legislator after defecting.

that anybody else did it in ondo state is not excuse for the former number 4 citizen to be brazenly irresponsible

APC should also bury their head in shame for being complicit in this madness!
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Acidosis(m): 11:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:
I saw the news on TVC this afternoon,on the video clip the IGP even said that the tear gas was not fired at the house of assembly members but what he said was that "the tear gas exploded"..can you imagine the big LIE from the inspector general of police??the man even went ahead to claim that tanbuwal didn't identify himself even when every nigerians that saw the video saw how tambuwal kept on introducing himself to the police on that day that he is the speaker....and by the way who is the IGP to interpret the law?what happened to the judiciary??is the IGP now the attorney general?

Seun; please ban this guy. He is a liar.

I watched the same video on the same APC Channel called TVC; and this man has only succeeded in serving another pot of lies to the populace - mostly the clueless ones who digest everything Journalists tell them.

Only an illiterate will mis-interpret "exploded" in that contest as "mistake"

Why didn't you finish the statement?!

Exploded?! yet he said those responsible are currently being interrogated...

Why do you sets of nincompoop lie?

You are not better than TVC - the master craft of LIES, & Deceit.

I am yet to see Ibadan riot video on TVC; you lots should keep pursing shadows.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by SOUNDKING: 12:00am On Nov 27, 2014
The most serious of all Nig. Problem is d constitution..lets use d law Jehovah himself made, nd enjoy a beter life.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 27, 2014
Acidosis:

I watched the same video on the same APC Channel called TVC; and this man has only succeeded in serving another pot of lies to the populace - mostly the clueless ones who digest everything Journalists tell them.

Only an illiterate will mis-interpret "exploded" in that contest as "mistake"

Why didn't you finish the statement?!

Exploded?! yet he said those responsible are currently being interrogated...

Why do you sets of nincompoop lie?

You are not better than TVC - the master craft of LIES, & Deceit.

I am yet to see Ibadan riot video on TVC; you lots should keep pursing shadows.
it is called "context"and not "contest"olodo....now back to the matter,assuming you have common sense then you should have just post the video clip here to really proof to people if I am lying or not...so that they will watch the video and see if I am right or wrong but your brain will not think that way because common sense is not always common...your username is "ACIDosis"so I want to believe that acid has destroyed your brain cells...grin

stop displaying your stupidity on a faceless forum...as if am the only nairalander that watched the video abi??or you assume other people are deaf or blind or did not listen to the IGP himself?keep fooling yourself......

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Virgindove(f): 12:43am On Nov 27, 2014
What a pathetic story line! Nigeria now has a growing population of EDUCATED ILLETRATE. This is the resultant effect of long neglect of education and alarming rate of malpractices compromising the standard of our graduates in the country. How could one explain the mediocrity being displayed by both GEJ & IG, two individuals expected to be highly professional going by the qualifications attached to their names and the sensitivity of their offices. In a sane society unlike our own, no IG would come to a national assembly and confront members with loads of naked lies with such audacity displayed by our IG yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 27, 2014
an all those calling Tambuwal an elected politician must recognise that as at yet, no one has voted for Tambuwal the APC member

The electorate has only had the chance to vote for Tambuwal the PDP member, which he is no longer

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Desola(f): 1:02am On Nov 27, 2014
omenka:
We have a problem of institutionalised corruption in the system, and now Jonathan has institutionalised impunity amongst our security agencies. This is really terrible and portend grave danger for our budding democracy !! Since when did it become the duty of the police chief to interpret the constitution

The damage Jonathan's style of politics/leadership has injected into our national life would take years to undo!!

I weep for my country.

This is the very sad truth. sad

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by agabusta: 1:34am On Nov 27, 2014
tuborme:
The court only attends to the complainant, the APC refused to complain when their members defected....PDP presently has a case against its members who defected to the APC in the court. The court's inability to make a pronouncement on the matter is the reason for the current constitional crisis. In the developed world, the defection of any member of parliament automatically causes an election for the lawmaker's seat.

The reason is because people are expected to vote lawmakers based on their party leaning and party manifestos and not personality. When a conservative zone votes in a member because of his conservative party, and he defects to a liberal party later...it is believed that the conservative view of the majority of that zone is no longer being represented.

We need to get things right in this country so that democracy can work for us.

You are wrong. That is not the legal position in the UK and US. Majority of them resign on personal convictions. There is a particular Senator tht defected from the Republicans in the US and even tilted a major voting to the Democrats' advantage. He didn't even resign. It's a popular story on the internet, if u care to do the research.

**u can read up the story of the US senator here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jeffords

For the UK house:
John Quentin Davies, Baron Davies of Stamford[2] (born 29 May 1944) is a British Labour Party politician who was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Grantham and Stamford from 1987 to 2010. Originally elected as a Conservative, he defected to Labour on 26 June 2007. Davies announced in 2010 that he would not stand for re-election in the coming general election.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Davies,_Baron_Davies_of_Stamford

Kindly note the bolded, that there was no mention of a by-election as a result of his defection.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Adminisher: 3:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

The constitution regards him as an ex member of the house of representatives.

Next time you post something like this please quote the section and sub section. I think you are wrong.
I agree morally Tambuwal should step down as speaker. The problem with that is that the PDP has actually secretly become the minority party in the House of Reps... and that coup is waiting to come later. When that happens Tambuwal would not need to step down.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Adminisher: 3:20am On Nov 27, 2014
agabusta:

You are wrong. That is not the legal position in the UK and US. Majority of them resign on personal convictions. There is a particular Senator tht defected from the Republicans in the US and even tilted a major voting to the Democrats' advantage. He didn't even resign. It's a popular story on the internet, if u care to do the research.

**u can read up the story of the US senator here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jeffords

For the UK house:

Kindly note the bolded, that there was no mention of a by-election as a result of his defection.

Parliamentary system.
Here we vote for the person not the party. The member is the representative of the people of an area in the national assembly. The people would not be disenfranchised because their rep changed parties.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Validated: 3:49am On Nov 27, 2014
Nigerians and APC members please ask TAMBULWAL to resign. His arrogance is destroying what people thought APC represents "PROGRESSIVE". If you continue to defend a defenceless course as this you will lose big time. Because no one would then see any difference and the need for the "change" you kept chanting.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by wallex1983(m): 4:03am On Nov 27, 2014
Pls I have a question bothering me. Does the President have the constitutional powers to direct the IGP on what to do regardless what the IGP feels about the subject matter? If he does direct, does the IGP have the powers to decline the directives if he so desires?

I feel I'll analyse better if I'm well informed on this
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 27, 2014
Adminisher:

Next time you post something like this please quote the section and sub section. I think you are wrong.
I agree morally Tambuwal should step down as speaker. The problem with that is that the PDP has actually secretly become the minority party in the House of Reps... and that coup is waiting to come later. When that happens Tambuwal would not need to step down.

How many time has section 68(1)g been quoted on this thread or r u just too dumb to read?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 27, 2014
Bunch of idiotic reps.You invited a man to your house only to leave him and run away

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by oluwafemi113(m): 6:31am On Nov 27, 2014
The IGP is embarking in an exercise in blind loyalty, forgetting the transient nature of power. Those that made him the IG will not be there forever and that since he has refused to learn from history- which has a cunning way of repeating itself, he will sooner or later end up in the dustbin of history. Therefore, when the chips are down the chicken will come back home to roost.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 27, 2014
mikeansy:
an all those calling Tambuwal an elected politician must recognise that as at yet, no one has voted for Tambuwal the APC member

The electorate has only had the chance to vote for Tambuwal the PDP member, which he is no longer
Then why are you people not saying the same thing to the ONDO GOVERNOR "MIMIKO"who defected from Labour party to PDP?or it only applies to those that defected from pdp to apc?mtcheww!!!keep deceiving yourself....hypocrites full this naija politics....
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 27, 2014
chukwudi44:
Bunch of idiotic reps.You invited a man to your house only to leave him and run away
so when he came to the house they should beat him or kill him?or they should tie him down inside the national assembly? comments like yours makes me believe that you do not think with your brain but you only think with your anus...grin and the funny thing is that if the reps should start shouting at the IGP,or trying to touch him you would be the same person to start abusing the reps member that they are this they are that,so would I be wrong if I should say you are more senseless than the IGP?grin please somebody should wake me up when this guy I quoted starts to use his brain to think....good morning grin
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by ruffp: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2014
Another sad reminder why youths would never smell power in a very long time. Ur president is brazenly abusing the institutions put in place for the common good of nigeria and nigerians and here u r supportin him simply cuz u hate the opposition. Goes to show that monies spent educating most was a complete waste......

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Richest Local Government Areas In Nigeria: Top 5 / Presentation Of Leadership Award To Buhari Is A Shameful Endorsement – PDP / The First African To Attain The Post Of Field Marshal In The Army-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.