Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (214482 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
1stUnique:

pls give me ur email or whatsap number. I get some personal tinz to talk with u.?

uniqueinspirational@gmail.com
Check my signature
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by 1stUnique(m): 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
world1:

Check my signature

I gat it.. will get to u sir

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by TAEpiphany: 11:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Good to know that. Please i would also love to see the fruits of this plantain specie. And if at all possible the fruits side by side with the normal breeds. That way we can decide what specie to go for. Let me watch in silent mode for now, I do not want to disturb your educative thread...good job.

world1:

Farm management comes after you might have successful set up your planting farm. Moreover we are trying to use this thread as a medium to teach everyone all they will need to know about plantain farm setup and how to do it themselves

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 5:49am On Nov 27, 2014
1stUnique:

wao. nice one bro.....

congrat world 1
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:29am On Nov 27, 2014
Readers ask questions concerning the aboved mention steps before I move to the cost analysis.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by yajebu: 6:35am On Nov 27, 2014
Great job!
Pls is this a good time to plant?

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by 1stUnique(m): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2014
world1:
Step 5
PLANTING
If you are planting for fruit production it should be spaced about 8 to 10 feet

is there any other reason for planting apart from fruit production sir?

world1:
Step 6 A&B
ORGANIC & IN-ORGANIC FERTILIZER APPLICATION.
This is the next step after planting
Manuring plantains with a combination of poultry manure, household waste and woodash improved plantain growth, yield and establishment and greatly reduced infestation by borer weevils and nematodes.

is it ok if someone burn the bushes after clearing instead of applying wood ash after planting?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by alakara(m): 7:44am On Nov 27, 2014
World1 ure an inspiration.
By nxt year after watching this thread and researching well. I will venture into agric biss.
Becos that d future of the country nw.
Pls after plantain can't u take us to cocoa and other cash crop.
God is ur strength and happy belated birthday.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 7:58am On Nov 27, 2014
yajebu:
Great job!
Pls is this a good time to plant?

Capital NO except you are a professional or you have water. but this is the best time to start land çlearing and preparation.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by 1stUnique(m): 7:58am On Nov 27, 2014
hotmas911:
Yeah! Let's do this. Where are the intending farmers? Free land, free seed and free consultation. Someone is about to break free!
@World1pls dont forget the thread.

chai.... free seed inclusive. u are too much oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:07am On Nov 27, 2014
1stUnique:

is there any other reason for planting apart from fruit production sir?
Yes.

is it ok if someone burn the bushes after clearing instead of applying wood ash after planting?

Yes.
For those of us that sell suckers we plant for sucker multiplication and the spacing is smaller 3feets and we cut by 4th month.

It ok. But the amount of ashes you will get can't feed even 10 plantain so you need more manure (poultry waste)

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2014
alakara:
By nxt year after watching this thread and researching well. I will venture into agric biss.
You are really reading my mind I will be talking about COCOA and MORINGA next.
But cocoa is for big boys if you don't have millions of naira don't even call me. grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2014
1stUnique:

chai.... free seed inclusive. u are too much oooo
Yes.
The thread for this opportunity will be open soonest.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by idumuose(m): 10:25am On Nov 27, 2014
I will wait for your moringa thread.Meanwhile i am following your lectures/teaching with keen interest.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by 1stUnique(m): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2014
world1:

Yes.
The thread for this opportunity will be open soonest.

looking forward to the opening of the thread
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Guarantor(m): 11:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Sir,
I am interested in the free land, free seedling, free training and consultation.
where would the farm located?
what are the prequisite critarial conditions needs to be met to qualify?
what is the cost implication?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by EhiGid(m): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2014
Sir,can the above services be extended to Irrua area in Edo State? I've got undeveloped hectares of land in this area; plantain plantation is not a bad option.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by teeboo: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
world1:

You are to much.
I will give it out to intending farmers I will also train them free of charge. I fact I will open a thread for this. Thanks so much
All intending farmers in Oyo,Osun and Kwara where are you I have free land, seeds and epertise for you.

Am interested o,oyo(ibadan) farmer. Infact I'll be glad am really interested
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by laksyde100(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
hotmas911:
The Prof! You are just too brilliant that not giving you land will be a cardinal sin! For this thread i promise you 10 acres for 2 years free use. Infact you can transfer this gift to anyone you like. Yes, 10 acres for 2 years free of charge.
Bro u don't mean it? Pls don't left me out, I reside in Ibadan am totally involved. How do I reach u sir

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by 1stUnique(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
laksyde100:

Bro u don't mean it? Pls don't left me out, I reside in Ibadan am totally involved. How do I reach u sir

bro, I sight u ooo

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
laksyde100:

contact world1
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2014
Guarantor:
Sir,
I am interested in the free land, free seedling, free training and consultation.
where would the farm located?
what are the prequisite critarial conditions needs to be met to qualify?
what is the cost implication?
Ogbomoso Oyo state.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by laksyde100(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
world1:

You are really reading my mind I will be talking about COCOA and MORINGA next.
But cocoa is for big boys if you don't have millions of naira don't even call me. grin
Hotman told me to contact u on how I can get FREE land for farming in Ibadan. Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Seunannointing: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
1stUnique:

Bro I dey here oooo

Omo baba1, we no dey carry last. I dey here 2, who go dey here 3?

Free farmland, d maintenace is d issue but am in oooo
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by 1stUnique(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
una don dey show up small small. where una go hide b4, common get inside the classroom joor
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2014
alakara:
Ok
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2014
EhiGid:
Sir,can the above services be extended to Irrua area in Edo State? I've got undeveloped hectares of land in this area; plantain plantation is not a bad option.
Of course.
Just contact me
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2014
1stUnique:
una don dey show up small small. where una go hide b4, common get inside the classroom joor
This is a great opportunity for all intending farmers. Registration will soon commence.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2014
More than you can imagine
Seunannointing:

Omo baba1, we no dey carry last. I dey here 2, who go dey here 3?

Free farmland, d maintenace is d issue but am in oooo
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
Am back.
Thanks for your msg on whatsapp.
Concerning the issue of fertilizer its a must if you use bulldozer to clear your farm. We always monitor the operators not to remove the top soil but it can't be guaranteed. Take a look at my new project in Ado Ekiti.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
We are setting up 5000 plantain here in ekiti state, we just finished clearing now.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.