Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,723 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters (50644 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Enugu Assembly Says Deputy Governor Must Go for Raising Chickens In Govt. House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Emrich(m): 10:53am On Nov 27, 2014
Some people just do not have the right to condemn others. Which government is not corrupt and what has this administration done wrong that Obj's administration didn't do? Smhh
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Eziachi: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2014
enkay4love:
what does ur statement above imply? Is everythng Obj said about dis government a lie?he just nailed it straight on the head! talking about 3rd term,did'nt ur GEJ promise to serve for just a tenure?but now he's actively gunning 4 a 2nd chance!ppl like u will never agitate 4 a change but will rather stick stongly with the rotten status quo.SMH!
GEJ if ever he made such a promise to serve one term and then decide to change his mind is not a crime or against the law. More of a moral issue then a legal one.
OBJ is like that person that shoot in the bush and came out to the road asking what the noise was about? Most of the rogue in the national assembly was his handiwork.
His problem is not about saying any truth but cannot stomach that the man he planted into power refused to be controlled and he is lashing out. Let him declare his assets. His presidency made GEJ looks like Angel Gabriel.
Just wait, tomorrow Jonathan and his wife will also join the chorus of harping on about corruption too.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2014
This shows how shameless Obj is. When this man came to seat I could buy a bottle of pepsi and potato pie for N20 only. By the time he left, I buy same with N100. Who is the better thief?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2014
viczing:

You and obj is just the same....claiming to know all
ur grammatical power amuses me,hehehehe grin,Mr man,wake up 4rm ur dreamland.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by trychris: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2014
Rather than quarrel and bicker over the individuals or groups who are pillaging our commonwealth and that of our unborn children, focus should be on what to do to wrestle and stop this act of recklessness by these so-called leaders.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by trychris: 11:37am On Nov 27, 2014
adisa009:

Out of a lot of nonsense, there is a sense. Yes, their comments might have some political undertone notwitstanding, there are elements of truth in it. Moreso, I'm more particular about youth consciousness and proactivism not blame games all d time. It is high time Nigeria youth voice out against bad government.
The nucleus of youth consciousness has lost it's vibrancy when the SUGs in our various institutions became too political endorsing politicians for pecuniary gains & cultism.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by HirstMOG(m): 11:39am On Nov 27, 2014
donroxy:
You see one of the backward peep I'm talking about .... How did/do you read or find the alphanumerics on your keyboard !

You mean you could not see problems highlighted by Obasanjo in the Op and possibly deduced the solutions .... :

1. Youth empowerment

2. Stop bribing legislatures

3. Legislatures should stand to their integrity

4. A nation whose guard is corrupt is doomed

5. We should all learn lesson from arab spring

etc ....

If u failed to read all this in the Op and deduce more solutions from the problem Obj envisaged ..... Then , you don't deserve to even belong to social forum !!

Can you see now that you have more problems than I do? Knowing that you have fever is it the cure to the fever without applying the proper medication? In all what you have highlighted above, OBJ simply showed the same problems which were in existence even before his administration which he was unable to manage but rather worsen them. Since he's an elder statesman and he can now see the problems from the outside he could not see while in office, he should advise the gov't on how to manage and contain corruptions and not to stand in public and criticize the same gov't he was a part of in the past. In my own opinion, OBJ has no solution to whatever this nation is going through, he is just talking to gain attension and probably campaigning for the oppositions.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2014
enkay4love:
ur grammatical power amuses me,hehehehe grin,Mr man,wake up 4rm ur dreamland.

Naw, i'll be the one to tell you to wake up, cos you making no point to me
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2014
viczing:

Naw, i'll be the one to tell you to wake up, cos you making no point to me
grin grin u amuse me...
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
viczing:
Because them no grant your third term. Smh for you obj you just a shame

Are you telling me that in all that he said, you couldn't pick even an element of truth That, bro, is really messed up.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by aviazuva: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
ifaoni:
War is brewing

If you know how correct you are
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by MeAndYou(m): 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
See unanymous bashing. I can now understand that our greatest problem as a people is partisan politics. Had OBJ attacked GEJ or any notable opposition figure, the house would have been visibly divided.

Plus or minus, there is an element of truth in OBJ's statement. Though his case was the worst!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
jcflex:

i laugh at your ignorant level, any dummy in power would have done, without providing the enabling environment. the day you stop taking side is the day your brain will start functioning well, i.e thinking straight on national issue

since 1999 till now, did you know how many power station FG have sign agreement with and given license as well, with that i dont think we should have power issue anymore, yet we are worst of interm of power,
All successive FG use this means to divert money to themselves and their aides, even this same obj we are talking abt did same, GEJ is presently do his own as well. Dangote build a power station within 18month. so what now happen to our FG with million dollars spent since 1999.
You are the ignorant one here. Are you equating telecom service provision to power generation? Do you know how much it costs to build a station that will generate just 1000MW of power? Yet when added to the National grid, you won't feel the impact. Apart from building the station, constant gas supply will be another issue (for the gas stations). Some times, they even battle vandalization of gas pipelines.
Unlike the case of power stations where the FG either had to sign contract to build one by itself or enter in PPP with some private companies, in telecoms, they only gave the licence to companies like mtn and Econet. If Obj did so well, how come our own NITEL and later MTEL collapse?
And which enabling environment did Obj create? I'm all ears.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by teufelein(f): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
[size=15pt]A Big Thief Monstrous Obasanjo.....!!!![/size]

Bells University, that's all? Transnational Corporation of Nigeria, The Library, the massive mansion in Abeokuta, the numerous farms all over, Oil blocks, etc, nko? The man has no shame. The pot calling kettle black. The way I feel these days is this: Let Jonathan and his cabal loot whatever is left. How many folks from the oil-producing areas own oil blocks? Most, I think, are owned by those from the core North and South West.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

Are you telling me that in all that he said, you couldn't pick even an element of truth That, bro, is really messed up.

I don't like thieves preaching for change

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
enkay4love:
grin grin u amuse me...

Ok
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by ukandi1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
arabbunkum:
This man is one of the greatest thieves that this country ever produced.

hahahahahahahahahahahahcheesy
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by tecmon: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
its easy for our politicians to talk any crap the feel like about those in power, when they are out of office.But we all know it was during OBJ's administration that these same thugislators broke seats bought with tax payers money, and then demanded N4m each to furnish their 3 bedroom apartment, the present unholy salaries and allowances they receive started under his watch, WHAT DID HE DO THEN
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by charlove(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
baba needs to rest abeg. him mates don turn ancestors for village
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by jcflex(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
ILIDEFI:

You are the ignorant one here. Are you equating telecom service provision to power generation? Do you know how much it costs to build a station that will generate just 1000MW of power? Yet when added to the National grid, you won't feel the impact. Apart from building the station, constant gas supply will be another issue (for the gas stations). Some times, they even battle vandalization of gas pipelines.
Unlike the case of power stations where the FG either had to sign contract to build one by itself or enter in PPP with some private companies, in telecoms, they only gave the licence to companies like mtn and Econet. If Obj did so well, how come our own NITEL and later MTEL collapse?
And which enabling environment did Obj create? I'm all ears.

i think, i and UnknowT have dealt with this on this same tread, this morwin, so no point going back to this again, kindly read thru the tread.

Thanks and enjoy ur day.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by ooshinibos: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
enkay4love:
Atleast u noted two outstanding legacies he left behind clap..clap..clap grin the legacies GEJ has wasted, abused & relegated to the background.
i clap clap clap
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Ologunjude(m): 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
I think the kids that subscribed to nairaland has increased so much. When you read some comments you have no option than just shake your head. So these are the leaders of tomorrow? My advice is that, anytime you see a write up like this one " remove the writer or speaker from the message" and check if he is saying the truth or not! I guess ethnicity and religion won't allow some fools to use their brains anymore. When OBJ was president, he fought several times with national Assembly over allowances when they review the annual budget. People are quick to forget. Don't get me wrong, OBJ is no Saint but for God sakes the Oldman is saying the bitter truth.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by muiniz: 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
It's old age. When men get to his age they become babies in all roundification of life. His is #Attentionseeking. OBJ your time is long gone and forgotten. I promise I won't mention your name to my kids.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by tunjidj3: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
we should try and listen to world of elder because they are second to God more so He is more experience than most of us including our so call President God will not come down from heaven He will only send somebody . He who refuse elder statement is prepare for doom.there is no gain in thugry practice by national assembly member all in the name of selfish interest and continuity ,any body can make mistake but let us take correction so that our dear country can move forward.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
HNosegbe:

Ex-president Obasanjo telling us all what to do. But what did HE do about unemployment while in office?

I remember this about Obasanjo, and my mind has been set about him since then
We were listening to a radio programme he was on, my sister and I

It was a call in show, after and among many things, a girl or boy called, I do not remember frankly
HeShe asked the OBJ a question about unemployment in the country (HeShe was unemployed)

President asks, "what course did you study in Uni?"
Jobseeker answered Sociology or Psychology, one of them
He gets told, " when your mates were reading filling JAMB forms for and studing Law and Medicine, where were you?"

I heard this with my own ears
I have not forgiven him for that
And will not take his word against anybody for anything

He failed his citizen, a president who should be responsive
embarassed
Horror.com
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by adisa009(m): 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
trychris:

The nucleus of youth consciousness has lost it's vibrancy when the SUGs in our various institutions became too political endorsing politicians for pecuniary gains & cultism.

Very true but I dont believe it end there. If SUG have turned to politician drivers, unemployed youth who are the most frustrated can start up the struggle for better life. With you and I, it is posssible.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Icecream4U(m): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
grin
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by tete7000(m): 5:24am On Nov 28, 2014
HNosegbe:

Ex-president Obasanjo telling us all what to do. But what did HE do about unemployment while in office?

He placed embargo on employment into federal government jobs. The man is a pure hypocrite
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by CGKing(m): 8:30am On Nov 28, 2014
This is amazing. Is this man forgetting things these days because of old age or does he think Nigerians see him as a saint?

Obasanjo is one of the key problems of this country, right from the time of the war till he became a military president and till date. Always heating up the polity and formenting trouble. Shameless old man
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by eckersley: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ignore the messenger and pay attention to the message.
Is there any lie in all he has said?
If a dirty looking madman tells you ur shirt is torn, will u ask him to tend to his own
clothes before checking urs?

Call him a thief, call him a fool, call him a tolotolo or whatever u like,
the economy, security situation and everytn in the country during his tenures
were not as degenerate as they are now.

Nigerians will understand this and DISCARD SENTIMENTS
when the impact of d naira devaluation comes to FULLY bear on them
and the other half of the fuel subsidy is removed come 2015
Una never see anything.

NIGERIANS SHOULD STOP DEFLECTING FROM THE MESSAGE.
Peace
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by kipesco(m): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimfit1:

I don't like him but he left $64 billion in our account. The clueless one could not top it up big shame. I think the joke is on us mate. They were stupid enough not to probe is tenure so he has every right to talk.

How much currently do we have in the account and links or source and links to the amount OBJ left.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Punch Newspaper Mocks Fayose And Wife Over Prediction (pic) / WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! / Jonathan & Ben Murray-bruce At The Burial Of Alamiyeseigha (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.