Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. (4208 Views)

Pls Advice: Pregnant But Negative Test Result & No Gestational Sac In Uterus / Prescribe Medication For This Hematology Test Result(full Blood Count) / My HIV Test Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pls help me interpret this test result.
FBC
Hb..... 11.8(12-16)g/dl PCV.....32.8(36-47)% WBC(T)..6.2(4.5-11)x10/uL
Differential
N 27(40-72)%
L 65(20-45)%
M 05(2- eight(cool%
E 03(1-6)%
B 0(0-0.5)%
Film Report hypochromic Anisocytosis ++ poikilocytosis +
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by xpac01(m): 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bros am sorry to tell you this, no idea.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
xpac01:
Bros am sorry to tell you this, no idea.
its ok. Lets wait for the nairaland doctors.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pls someone should kindly help me.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by franklininu: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
First how old are you?
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pinopinoguy:
Pls help me interpret this test result.
FBC
Hb..... 11.8(12-16)g/dl PCV.....32.8(36-47)% WBC(T)..6.2(4.5-11)x10/uL
Differential
N 27(40-72)%
L 65(20-45)%
M 05(2- eight(cool%
E 03(1-6)%
B 0(0-0.5)%
Film Report hypochromic Anisocytosis ++ poikilocytosis +
thanks in anticipation.
@op, the HB means haemoglobin and your according to the test, your HB level is 11.8g/dl while the normal value is 12-16 but its not bad, the PCV means packed cell volume, yours reads 32% but normal value is 33%-46%.....WBC is white blood cell count and yours is normal.....The differential is the value for each of the individual types of WBC

N=Neutrophil
L=lymphocyte
M=monocyte
E=Eosinophil
B=basophil
From the values given in the test result,your neutrophil is low while lymphocyte is high which means there is a disease process going on within you. On a normal state, Neutrophil should be higher........you can ask other questions if you have.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 27, 2014
chimoz:

@op, the HB means haemoglobin and your according to the test, your HB level is 11.8g/dl while the normal value is 12-16 but its not bad, the PCV means packed cell volume, yours reads 32% but normal value is 33%-46%.....WBC is white blood cell count and yours is normal.....The differential is the value for each of the individual types of WBC

N=Neutrophil
L=lymphocyte
M=monocyte
E=Eosinophil
B=basophil
From the values given in the test result,your neutrophil is low while lymphocyte is high which means there is a disease process going on within you. On a normal state, Neutrophil should be higher........you can ask other questions if you have.
Great job smiley
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 27, 2014
chimoz:

N=Neutrophil
L=lymphocyte
M=monocyte
E=Eosinophil
B=basophil
Tnx so much for your response. what should I do to correct d abnormalies.Also wat about the anisocytosis ++ and poikilocytosis + as indicated by the test result.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 27, 2014
franklininu:
First how old are you?
Am 37
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2014
Pinopinoguy:

Tnx so much for your response. what should I do to correct d abnormalies.Also wat about the anisocytosis ++ and poikilocytosis + as indicated by the test result.
Anisocytosis means that your Red blood cells are of unequal size, in your case, the RBC are tiny and poikilocytosis means that the tiny RBC are present in your blood stream. RBC contains HB which helps in oxygen transport to tissues and since yours is malformed, the oxygen transport will be compromised which means you will have lower oxygen. It disposes you to Anaemia or simply saying you are anaemic. The tiny nature of the RBC made your PCV to be low because RBC has a far more weight than WBC and any decrease in it affects the PCV. Is your genotype "SS"?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2014
xcelsia:
Great job smiley
Thanks dear
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2014
chimoz:

Anisocytosis means that your Red blood cells are of unequal size, in your case, the RBC are tiny and poikilocytosis means that the tiny RBC are present in your blood stream. RBC contains HB which helps in oxygen transport to tissues and since yours is malformed, the oxygen transport will be compromised which means you will have lower oxygen. It disposes you to Anaemia or simply saying you are anaemic. The tiny nature of the RBC made your PCV to be low because RBC has a far more weight than WBC and any decrease in it affects the PCV. Is your genotype "SS"?
Thanks once more. No am AA. Is there anything i can do to correct the condition. Am having excruciating pains in my abdomen and a doctor in a teaching hospital recommended the test for me but because of the strike i had to do the test elsewhere.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 27, 2014
Pinopinoguy:

Thanks once more. No am AA. Is there anything i can do to correct the condition. Am having excruciating pains in my abdomen and a doctor in a teaching hospital recommended the test for me but because of the strike i had to do the test elsewhere.
I believe its parklane hospital you are talking about, its only the paramedical staffs that are on strike. The doctors are working and you can go and see the doctor you met before for treatment. He/she will request more investigations Aside that, I cant offer E-treatment, its never the best.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 27, 2014
chimoz:

I believe its parklane hospital you are talking about, its only the paramedical staffs that are on strike. The doctors are working and you can go and see the doctor you met before for treatment. He/she will request more investigations Aside that, I cant offer E-treatment, its never the best.
Its UNTH but their laboratory unit is not working because of the strike so i doubt if the wil accept the result, may be i wil go to a private hospital.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 27, 2014
Pinopinoguy:

Its UNTH but their laboratory unit is not working because of the strike so i doubt if the wil accept the result, may be i wil go to a private hospital.
Okay, what are the symptoms you noticed?
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2014
[quote author=chimoz post=28385005]
Okay, what are the symptoms you noticed?[/quote
I always have terrible pains in my abdomen just a little food and my stomach is filled, my head is normally hot also and fatigue. I also ran mp test and it was positive but am currently treating it.
Re: Pls Help Me Interpret This Test Result. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
chimoz:

Thanks dear
You're welcome anytime smiley

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Considers Anti-smoking Bill / COVID-19 Update For June 4 2021 In Nigeria / I Never Knew We Have Millioniares Here On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.