Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian (1493 Views)

Meet The Youngest Lawyer In Anambra State Nigeria - Photos / (Baba Ijebu) Kessington Adebutu’s Youngest Wife Unveiled - Photos / Madonna University Student Stabs Self To Death In Lagos.picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian by GEJOfficial: 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
Timothy Nkenu Woma (@timzy234) who hails from Taraba State has made a record in Uganda...happy for him

In the normal Ugandan curriculum, the average age of a student joining university is usually 18 years. This, however, is not the case with Timothy Nkenu Woma, a 16-year old Bachelor of Laws student at Uganda Christian University. This student (of Nigerian origin), joined Ucu in 2013. Consequently, 2013 was mandatory bridging year for Nkenu. Mandatory bridging year is a year when one plainly offers foundation courses; it is usually meant for non-Ugandan students. Nkenu then successfully enrolled for a bachelor of laws in September at the Mukono based campus. Nkenu is arguably the youngest university student in Uganda

[img]http://campusbee.ug/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_3813-702x336.jpg[/img]

How Come You Joined Campus At 15? How Is That Even Possible?

We are way past the eras of impossibilities. Well, it’s majorly due to my early enrollment at age 1 (one) and I got double a double promotion in primary school. I actually finished high school at 14 in 2012 but was home for a year preparing and “catching up” the fun I had missed.

What Is The Nigerian Curriculum Like?

Pretty much same as that of Uganda except that primary school in Nigeria is between 5-6 years (depending on the school) and the 6 years of high school are totally O-level. Instead of going for A-level, which is voluntary, I decided to opt for a bridging year course.

Did You Try Applying For Any University And You Were Rejected?

Rejected is not the word. It was a pending application as the university had gone on a strike then. UCU came through during that ‘pending’ period.

Why Did You Come To Study In Uganda?

Uganda was never a first choice for me due to the negative media publicity the nation has in Nigeria. My brother who was pursuing a Master’s degree (in theology) at UCU (Uganda Christian University) asked me to apply and I did. It was never a choice although I do not in any way regret it; it was prudent.

Do Your Coursemates Know Your Real Age?

Actually, no. I have crossed the thin line between age and maturity and have not given them any reason to think of me as a 16 year old; they guess I’m 19. Of course they keep speculating due to the ‘un-bearded’ nature of my face.

How Do You Fit In? Don’t You Get Bullied?

Hahaha, bullied? No. I fit in perfectly. I live a worry free kind of life that I would like to figuratively describe as ‘elastic’. I fit with any person/association no matter who it is that I am dealing with. Also, as I have earlier stated, no one has a reason to believe I am 16 as I have not given them any reason to do so.

And The Girls, Have You Hooked Up Any Campus Girl? If Yes How Did You Do It?

Liked them? Yes but hook up? No. And I don’t intend on doing so anytime soon.

Is There Any Moment That You Tried Approaching A Girl And You Were Turned Because Of Age?

No. I prevent it from happening right from the very beginning. If I pick special interest in someone, I get over it as quick as possible as I know that’s an absolute impossibility.

Do You Really Think Age Matters When It Comes To Studies?

To an extent it does. It is not too unusual seeing a 16-year old unkempt and incapable of keeping personal hygiene. However, there’s a gap between age, maturity and academic capacity that should be put into consideration, not age alone.

What Has Been Your Most Embarrassing Moment?

We were into a serious discussion among friends then suddenly a lady goes like “look at this small baby, what do you even know?” It made me feel bad even though she was wrong and actually was the “baby” to the facts of the discussion.

And Best Moment?

As I said, I live a life where I try not to worry about anything so every minute I breathe, every second I’m alive is part of my best moment.

If It Wasn’t UCU, Which University Would Have You Enrolled In?

Most definitely one at home.

[img]http://campusbee.ug/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_3747-682x1024.jpg[/img]
Nkenu with a friend

Your Words Of Advice To All The Campus Students…

I do not I am in a capacity to give such advice but generally, it would be that every student should look beyond the normal ‘job-seeking’ boundary and explore the unlimited as it is never a crime to dream and work towards the realization of such dream.

Source: http://campusbee.ug/lifestyle/meet-youngest-university-student-uganda
Re: Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian by GEJOfficial: 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
cc Berem Ishilove Seun Mynd44 Obinoscopy Cramjones MizMyColi Ngwakwe
Re: Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian by MizMyColi(f): 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
GEJOfficial:
cc Ber. em Ishi. love Seun Myn. d44 Obi. noscopy Cramjones MizMy. Coli Ng. wakwe

Please Sir smiley
Why did you mention my moniker?
Re: Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian by GEJOfficial: 6:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
MizMyColi:

Please Sir smiley
Why did you mention my moniker?

'cause I like you. smiley
Re: Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian by MizMyColi(f): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
GEJOfficial:

'cause I like you. smiley

smiley
Byushin'
Re: Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian by Idrismusty97(m): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
And this is an achievement?
Re: Meet The Youngest University Student In Uganda - A Nigerian by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Timzy234, is that you??

Proud of you bro.
Keep it up

(1) (Reply)

Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria / Kunle Kalejaiye Stripped Of His Senior Advocate Of Nigeria (SAN) Rank / Apostle Johnson Suleman Bought A Mercedes-benz 450 GL For Actress Daniella Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.