Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,795 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics (69922 Views)

Is This Form Of Punishment Wrong Or Right? / List Of Nigerian Private Universities That Does Not Require Jamb / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by johnshagb(m): 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
vict505:
This school be like say an Demonstration secondary school kogi state . cos na same uniform be this oo

Is the school all over the LGAs in Kogi state? you have to narrow it down a little
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by InHim4Him(m): 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
I know someone can't to this to my child if they want to see d next day.

@OP. Did I read you say the above? No, nobody will do this to your child in a school. But I assure you someone will do it and even worse somewhere else.
The Americans removed the Bibles and prayers from the schools but they go now to read those same Bibles and pray in prisons. So, prepare your child well for a life of unnecessary hardships and regrets.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
This, OP is child's play.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Timmytimmy: 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
XketchDesigns:
I wonder who this mod is, and the poster too! During my sec.sko days if I could get this I will kneel and kiss the feet of the person punishing me.
no wonder there's little discipline in the young children of today, imagine what d poster said, go to the school and fight the teacher right?

Respect to all the ex-jam n ex-junior pilots and ex-boys
Yeah.....respect to ex-jams and ex-boys cheesy

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by hismond(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
abeg go school wey dey inside barrack. u go confess sin wey u wan commit in d future. u don hear frog jump by number or make u pin ur head for floor
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by shogat(m): 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
MarthaK:
I was asked to clear grass for coming late embarassed
that is still a mild punishment.I uprooted a tree

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by fadeel29(m): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
kimond101:
Nah it isn't

Number 15 is fry plantain, very painful, i hate it so much
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by UnimkeAk(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
That is private sch punishment na.

Wetin Man see 4 Nig. Navy Sec Sch.

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by raayah(f): 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
If you approve of this type of Punishment, its Alright.

But Don't come to Nairaland to Cry and Shout or Complain that army officers Slapped you, or flogged you and made you kneel down.

I don't know how anyone can approve of this injustice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by clemz88(m): 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
samflexxy:
lols that's noting i went to a barracks skool i went true much more punishment and beating than that
men same to me I attendd com day sec schl .itz nothing compared to d ones I served
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by omocheche(f): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
ocelot2006:
You call that worst corporal punishment?
Ask am o! Him never see anything before
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by tylesh(f): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kini big deal?
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Idrismusty97(m): 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
Waste of time, the punishment can't work for every pupil(Only "Ajebutter" ). Most of them even know what to expect if they did something wrong anyway so they don't care, the aim which is to discipline the kids is lost. At best these corporal punishments is simply raising emotionless criminals, looters and fence climbers. The tougher the punishment the thicker your skin. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by wunderkiind(m): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
dreydee:

yes oo! but when I became the head boy,things changed. those still in the school will never forget me for saving them from the cruel hands of those punishments.

another was that you will draw a car on the board and you will be asked to push the car to the other end of the board, failure to do so= 5strokes of a well oiled dongo yaro cane.

all in a private school o! paying 295,000 per term.

Hmmm.... You mean students are punished like this, even in Lekki British Int. Sch, isn't it? grin That's where you schooled, ryt? shocked
Wonders shall never end!

BTW, I'lld like to know how you saved your fellow students @ L.B.I.S from such cruelty, when you became the head boy. And that school fee... must have been many years back, to have been that low, i guess undecided
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Homguy(m): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
abila122:
If you are told to just kneel down and carry you bag it not punishment especially in public school its just an 'advice', If you are being punished then you will understand the meaning of punishment in those type of schools.
lmao @advice.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by tintingz(m): 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
[size=15pt] Op never see worst punishment in secondary schools [/size] undecided
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Bowaley17(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
I will neva 4gt d day our principal ask us 2 kneel down and crawl round our school football pitch twice...It was a bad day...
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by dreydee(m): 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
wunderkiind:

Hmmm.... You mean students are punished like this, even in Lekki British Int. Sch, isn't it? grin That's where you schooled, ryt? shocked
Wonders shall never end!

BTW, I'lld like to know how you saved your fellow students @ L.B.I.S from such cruelty, when you became the head boy. And that school fee... must have been many years back, to have been that low, i guess undecided

grin mad man grin
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
shogat:
that is still a mild punishment.I uprooted a tree
My gudness! datz pure wickedness nw. Did u sch @ Fegocook?
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Bowaley17(m): 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:
Not a big deal undecided

You never take knee waka for stone infested ground before...
no mind d OP jare...
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Bloggz74(m): 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
I'm so surprised someone is complaining.I guess u attended one of these ajebota day schools.I was in boarding school and that's where decipline is.Unlike these days where students call teachers name and insult them.Few days ago I visited a secondary school with a friend and I saw a student sitting on the floor and I asked his offence they said he challenged a teacher to a contest braging that he's an "aro barger".
I even pity the teachers cos I can't work in those environment where teachers are abused and embarassed.the 21st century childreen are something else.Teachers should be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
Dis nigas have it gud..dis aint nothing i remember my days in back then in CoMMAND DAY SECONDARY SCHOOL Ribadu cantonment NDA..hanging upsyd down.planting head.frog jump.walkn on knee untop stones.geting ur face dusted with the black board duster while kneelin in front of the class.25 lashes of a 6mouth koboko from a soilder or cadet.just for not doing assignments...etc...the list is endless

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Adex097: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
lol...its obvious the op schooled in France.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
This was a routine and probably one of the most basic forms of punishment in our days.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by holycup(m): 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
teemanbastos:
Well, i wunt kind of disapprove it cos Students can be damn stubborn..when i mean stubborn.. I mean it.
But the thing is that Teachers think Hard and Tough punishments would make Stubborn students gentler..NO! infakt it only hardens the students more and more.
Most Stubborn students who later changed were transformed by 'Words' and nt 'Herculean punishments'.
What is this one saying?am not sure u ve have been to any command second sch atall.what u saw on that pix is the only way to punish secondary sch students instead of flogging them.

Xo kneeling under the hotsun carrying 'weight' might be adjudged by the teacher that it wud kind of show d punishd students pepper but it doesnt work that way.

On a 2nd thought, Itz nt worth it.. Puttinq students under hotsun is disastrous to the students' Health, afterall Two Wrongs dnt make a Right.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by mychail(m): 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
this stuff is chicken feed. I rep model college meiran. I remember Mr s.m.a adekanye . d principal used to assign "plots of land for total weeding. after he had seized ur shirt, bag and one footware. dat shit toughened me up. dats why I always encourage anyone dat government skul is dope. preps yhu 4 d unfair naija life
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by BlackBaron: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
Potentially not conducive to be honest in any form,

But mine consisted of
Frog jumps and or chain Frog jumps
Head planting
Drills (rolling in mud, on loose pebbles)
Lay down in the open, facing the sun
Some more...can't remember.

Much worse than in the OP. But some punishments meted out do verge on sadism.

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Faraidi(m): 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
samflexxy:
lols that's noting i went to a barracks skool i went true much more punishment and beating than that
so because u went to barrack sch all purnishment are now justified? HISS
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by otswag(m): 11:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lol @op. Na punishment be this? E be like say na butty school u go. If dem say mâke u ride keke marwa for inside scorching sun for hrs or stand on one leg with Ur arms stretched out ati beebee lo, u go sabi wetin punishment be
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by jerryunit48: 12:08am On Nov 27, 2014
pweetixandy:
I see nothing wrong..its a secondary schl right? If it had been pupils now,I would object. Schools are not just for acquiring western education,u also learn to be disciplined. From d pic,u can see the students are few,they are d agberos of d school. Are u sure its a private school? D uniform and d compound don't look like what u'ld see in a private school.
Take a good look and you will see the entrance gate there, these are probably late comers which could be as a result of transportation or something, where do you think the slogan African time came from? Think
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by ewosk: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2014
Oya all teachers, tutors n eX-teachers share ur experiences...

For me corporal punishment is necessary for behavioral adjustment and control of Nigeria students....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zainab Aliyu Completes NYSC (Photos) / 5 Most Common Nigerian Pidgin English Words and their Origin / Secondary School Students Caught In Erotic Romance In Classroom In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.