Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference (30842 Views)

2013 Fire Conference By Nnewi Diocese / John MacArthur On Islam And The Anti-christ / Wind & Fire Conference 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni:

My dear brother, how bodi is "life changing Job-like testimony here"?
What is the Job-like part and is the Job-like testimony part too?
shdemidemi, no offense meant, no doubt Joni Eareckson Tada has a life changing and strong personal testimony, dashed hopes and experiences just as like Justin Peters but I am trying to understand the similarities and parallel to Job in the manner you've suggested or called attention to indirectly there

I'm very well bro, trust you are having a good weekend as well.

Joni Eareckson Tada's testimony isn't unique because of what she had been afflicted with nor her experential knowledge of sufferings a believer could be subjected to. Her testimony is unique because she finds a heart that glorifies her maker even in the middle of her pain and agony. Through her pain she identified God matter than her health or whatever her heart might desire. What most of us try to comprehend by reading the book was played out through experience(disaster) in her case.

I compared her to Job because she must have had her moments where she would ask the question like Job and most people ask- sometimes quietly in our mind- 'why me'? But she isn't dwelling on what she had done wrong to deserve what she is got or how righteous she is and undeserving of such punishment but her focus is how she can use what she has to the glory of God.

Like Job these lady reached the end of herself after she had tried all that could have been done within her powers. All of their defenses was broken by God until they finally saw God in their troubles. I believe her story like Job's relatively apply and can be an eye opener to all christians who see their problems as a reason to go to God.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi:
I'm very well bro, trust you are having a good weekend as well.

Joni Eareckson Tada's testimony isn't unique because of what she had been afflicted with nor her experential knowledge of sufferings a believer could be subjected to. Her testimony is unique because she finds a heart that glorifies her maker even in the middle of her pain and agony. Through her pain she identified God matter than her health or whatever her heart might desire. What most of us try to comprehend by reading the book was played out through experience(disaster) in her case.

I compared her to Job because she must have had her moments where she would ask the question like Job and most people ask- sometimes quietly in our mind- 'why me'? But she isn't dwelling on what she had done wrong to deserve what she is got but how she can use what she has to the glory of God.

Like Job these lady reached the end of herself after she had tried all that could have been done within her powers. All of their defenses was broken by God until they finally saw God in their troubles.

Yes ooo, we are doing our best at having a good weekend as well ooo,.
I tried going out, drove around a bit but hurriedly did what I had to do, quickly turned around and dashed back in, it was too cold for my liking

I agree with the bolded above, when given a Job to have or do, only God can give the grace and succour to see the job through.
- sorry about the Job, job rhyming

There are varying degrees or levels of tetraplegia, also known as quadriplegia. I have read testimonies of low level quadriplegics getting healed by God, mind you it was a long and ardous journey of faith, determination and strong belief

I remember watching Teddy "Teddybear" Pendergrass years after his motor incident, saying:
"We don't live for a cure because there is no cure.
The injury is not a disease - you can't pop a pill and cure it. Spinal cord is not a disease.
Can't heal an injury, can't cure an injury...
Cure will eventually happen but at this point, it's not going to happen for years and years and years...
You can't re-connect something that's already been cut
"

I also remember hearing Myles Munroe saying this about the cemetery, paraphrased:
"The the wealthiest places in the world are not gold mines, oil fields, diamond mines or banks. The wealthiest place is the cemetery.
There lies companies that were never started, masterpieces that were never painted...
In the cemetery there is buried the greatest treasure of untapped potential. There is a treasure within you that must come out. Don’t go to the grave with your treasure still within YOU
"

mbaemeka not only mischeviously always rewords of something written but does so out of context and also without backing up with the original quote(s)
God is ALWAYS the quadriplegia HEALER. He, in His sovereign power HEALS all quadriplegia. He directly heals some quadriplegic, other quadriplegics He indirectly heals via other means.

We think we are waiting on God for healing and cures, but it actually is the other way round, as God is waiting on us, waiting for us to get our act together. The healing and cure are already done and dispatched out there by God

The cemetry certainly is buried with healings and cures not tapped. People have gone to their graves with all these healings and cures not used. People have buried their talents whilst others have gone to the grave without using up, emptying out or pouring out all the talents given them

Right now finances is hindering the progress of stem cell research.

What happens when the spinal cord is injured?
When the spinal cord is injured, the initial trauma causes cell damage and destruction, and triggers a cascade of events that spread around the injury site affecting a number of different types of cells. Axons are crushed and torn, and oligodendrocytes, the nerve cells that make up the insulating myelin sheath around axons, begin to die. Exposed axons degenerate, the connection between neurons is disrupted and the flow of information between the brain and the spinal cord is blocked.

The body cannot replace cells lost when the spinal cord is injured, and its function becomes impaired permanently. Patients may end up with severe movement and sensation disabilities. They will generally be paralyzed and without sensation from the level of the injury downwards. Injuries high in the neck, such as that suffered by Superman actor Christopher Reeve, paralyze the whole body including the arms and shoulders. A common level of injury is just below the ribs, resulting in normal arm function but paralyzed legs.

Depending on the location and the extent of the injury patients may suffer complete or incomplete paralysis, and loss of feeling, sexual function and bowel control.

California based biotech Geron had a widely reported clinical trial under way for a treatment – the first of its kind – involving the injection of cells derived from human embryonic stem cells. The injected cells were precursors of oligodendrocytes, the cells that form the insulating myelin sheath around axons. Researchers hoped that these cells, once injected into the spinal cord, would mature and form a new coating on the nerve cells, restoring the ability of signals to cross the spinal cord injury site

Many scientific groups around the world are developing a large range of potential treatments based on stem cells. Depending on the type of stem cell and the way it is implanted, the aim of the various strategies is to bridge the injury so that axons can regenerate, to replace lost myelin, and to protect the cord from spreading damage after the injury. It is likely that we will see further clinical trials based on these strategies.

http://www.eurostemcell.org/factsheet/spinal-cord-injuries-how-could-stem-cells-help

I personally have received healing(s) after been informed there is no cure, and this just by understanding the issue, reading up and studying information God has led me to. I came to realise that God did a marvelous good work of the human body. The human body essentially, is a self healing machine, and it excels in healing itself when put under right and favourable conditions.

Merely watching what is taken into the bodies and adjusting lifestyles has healed others, my family and I, of various diseases, ailments, abnormalities etcetera which doctors have deemed incurable.

I have never heard or read of the Apostles getting shocked at seeing or hearing anyone was healed or cured but I have heard and watched "healing pastors" publicly admit astonishment and amazement themselves when people come out to testify of cures and healings obtained/received

Quadriplegia is a completely different situation of healing and altogether not in the same league as staged leg lengthening healings.

These observations prompted questions like the below:
Q1) Why are "healing" schools FULL of genuinely and undisputedly crippled wheelchair-ridden people who NEVER GET HEALED?
Q2) Why is a cerebral palsy sufferer(s) turned away from approaching "healing" pastor(s) on stage a popular "healing" school(s)?
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by WinsomeX: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Let me say straight away that BabaGnoni will be among the first three people I love to read on this forum and the info you just provided on spinal chord injuries is invaluable but I cannot understand your position here:

BabaGnoni:

We think we are waiting on God for healing and cures, but it actually is the other way round, as God is waiting on us, waiting for us to get our act together. The healing and cure are already done and dispatched out there by God
The cemetry certainly is buried with healings and cures not tapped. People have gone to their graves with all these healings and cures not used. People have buried their talents whilst others have gone to the grave without using up, emptying out or pouring out all the talents given them

If you had not been one of those who authored the WoF thread I would have concluded that the above is WoF. Why is the above statement not Word of Faith, BBG?
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
WinsomeX:
Let me say straight away that BabaGnoni will be among the first three people I love to read on this forum and the info you just provided on spinal chord injuries is invaluable but I cannot understand your position here:

If you had not been one of those who authored the WoF thread I would have concluded that the above is WoF. Why is the above statement not Word of Faith, BBG?

WinsomeX, the feeling is mutual
- I must admit that is me saying the respect & feeling is mutual without a doubt

WinsomeX, if you can mention exactly or explain the bit you find irky maybe I might be able to make myself clearer but remember to read my post in its context, not like the way or how mbaemeka mischievously does
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by WinsomeX: 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
While you provide an answer to my question, let me state my position on healing.

I believe the cessationists position on healing. The cesaationists position really is that there were signs and wonders that accompanied the apostles ministry and message, some of which came through physical healing. It is this that has ceased.

However, most cessationist still hold that God can heal people today and that's what I believe too. He will heal based solely on his will, sovereignty or plan regarding an individual or persons.

That's why I find BBG position of God waiting on us to receive healing difficult to comprehend, knowing he is not WoF and this line of thought is purely WoF. This is the sort of thinking at the roots of many ill people's frustrations because they are at a loss as to what they simply have not done to reach this God who is waiting for them.

Mark Miwerds used to be blind and wheel chair bound. He is not WoF. God healed him and he no longer uses the wheel chair. But he remains blind. Will we claim that he was able to reach God in regards to his paralysis but failed in the matter of his sight?

My position is that apostolic healing, miracles, sign and wonders have ceased. I however believe God heals when he pleases. Not bc we have found a special means of reaching him for it but purely based in his mercy and sovereign will.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by WinsomeX: 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni:

WinsomeX, if you can mention exactly or explain the bit you find irky maybe I might be able to make myself clearer but remember to read my post in its context, not like the way or how mbaemeka mischievously does

The part that I find irksome is that place you said God is waiting on us to "get our acts together". Does this imply the reason one is not healed is his fault? Why is this not different from the WoF chap that blames ones illness on a lack of faith.

I have a dear friend wheel chair bound. She has a solid faith in God but she is not healed. How do I explain to her that her lacking of healing is bc she hasn't gotten her acts together?
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
WinsomeX:
While you provide an answer to my question, let me state my position on healing.

I believe the cessationists position on healing. The cesaationists position really is that there were signs and wonders that accompanied the apostles ministry and message, some of which came through physical healing. It is this that has ceased.

However, most cessationist still hold that God can heal people today and that's what I believe too. He will heal based solely on his will, sovereignty or plan regarding an individual or persons.

That's why I find BBG position of God waiting on us to receive healing difficult to comprehend, knowing he is not WoF and this line of thought is purely WoF. This is the sort of thinking at the roots of many ill people's frustrations because they are at a loss as to what they simply have not done to reach this God who is waiting for them.

Mark Miwerds used to be blind and wheel chair bound. He is not WoF. God healed him and he no longer uses the wheel chair. But he remains blind. Will we claim that he was able to reach God in regards to his paralysis but failed in the matter of his sight?

My position is that apostolic healing, miracles, sign and wonders have ceased. I however believe God heals when he pleases. Not bc we have found a special means of reaching him for it but purely based in his mercy and sovereign will.

I can see where the misunderstanding is coming from and now think I am becoming to understand why mbaemeka keeps misparaphrasing me now.

There is usually a lot of backdrop to cover which is why I don't publicly get involved in matters like this.
I normally prefer mano a mano. The LordReed public one was a rare exception to the rules, but then I knew the risks but didn't mind stretching or putting out my scrawny neck.

WinsomeX, first whatever WoF puts out has a "carrot and stick approach" slant on it. To everything WoF puts out there is the carrot at the end of stick attached to the cart. You know, the donkey, pulling a cart and trying to eat the carrot at the end of the stick?
WoF have a carrot on a string tied on the end of a stick. The donkey is pulling the cart, raking in money for WoF, but never gets to eat the carrot at the end of the stick.

The difference is that there is no carrot or stick with my statement but it is a fact and honest truth. I have no ulterior motive, I am not selling a book, I am not trying to obtain financial advantage(s) with the statement

We seem to forget that earth was made for man. God has blessed and deposited earth with all that man requires to have dominion off the earth with.

God has dispatched and deposited all the healing and cures, He has filled someone with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of healing and cures similarly just like He did with Bezalel (i.e. Exod 31:1–7 ) so God is just waiting on us (i.e. the ones with the wisdom, understanding and knowledge in whatever particular area)

As about MarkMiwerds, here is a recent example of God waiting for 48 years on us, for someone to deliver, to relieve the pressue which will restore this pensioner's eyesight

- Excerpt -

Pensioner blinded in one eye after being struck by a cricket ball 48 years ago has sight restored after routine check-up uncovers easy way to fix it

- Alan Read lost the sight in his left eye after being struck by a cricket ball
- Was 36 when he was hit above his left eye while playing for a village team
- Doctors at the time told him he would never see out of it ever again
- But 48 years later after a routine check was told his sight could be saved
- Underwent an operation to relieve the pressure from behind his left eye
- Can now boast of clear vision for the first time since the freak accident

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845317/Owzat-Pensioner-blinded-one-eye-struck-cricket-ball-48-years-ago-sight-restored-routine-check-uncovers-easy-way-fix-it.html

- /Excerpt -

2 Likes

Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
WinsomeX:
The part that I find irksome is that place you said God is waiting on us to "get our acts together".
Does this imply the reason one is not healed is his fault?
Why is this not different from the WoF chap that blames ones illness on a lack of faith.

I have a dear friend wheel chair bound. She has a solid faith in God but she is not healed.
How do I explain to her that her lacking of healing is bc she hasn't gotten her acts together?

I see how I get misquoted the more now. There wasnt any blaming in my post rather it was presenting the facts and truth

It has nothing to do with your friend, Teddy Pendergrass, Christopher Reeves, Joni Eareckson Tada etcetera

The thing about the WoF camp is dishonesty which is why I posted those two questions hoping any of them would provide an explanation or comment.

We have seen how the spinal cord is made up and the implications of the injuries and Psalm 139:14 states “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”

Healing is God's Sovereign power, He determines when He personally and directly intervenes. Your friend, her lacking of healing is not because she hasn't gotten her acts together. I never anywhere, said that nor suggested so.

As mentioned in the previous post, the healing and cures have been done, dispatched for delivery

Psalm 115:16 states: The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to mankind.

There are other verses to augment this but that Psalm 115:16 will suffice for now and so not to bore us. The fact is, God is ACTUALLY waiting on that someone who is refusing or withholding that healing or cure for the benefit of Mankind and all.

PS: Do you tidy up your kids room for them, especially after they have come off age. Do you barge into their rooms, and start rearranging or moving things around for them, just like that. The house is yours, the Dad's & Mum's, no doubt but the room you have given to them to use, entertain, sleep, recreate, play etcetera in
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
^^ You have steered towards works BabaG.

This is where formulas to obtain God's mercy comes to play.

Some will then go by the way of fasting, praying, attending church service, pay tithe, kiss pastor's boot et al to obtain these mercy from God. If at the end they don't get the response they require, they will either lose hope in the faith or look for that man of God who carries a 'special anointing' to cure their troubles.

Baba G, do you believe God created us for a purpose?
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi:
^^ You have steered towards works BabaG.

This is where formulas to obtain God's mercy comes to play.

Some will then go by the way of fasting, praying, attending church service, pay tithe, kiss pastor's boot et al to obtain these mercy.
If at the end they don't get the response they require, they will either lose hope in the faith or look for that man of God who carries a 'special anointing' to cure their troubles.

Baba G, do you believe God created us for a purpose?

shdemidemi, no, not all. Please advise or explain how I have veered into works

Who exactly is the man of God who carries a 'special anointing' to cure their troubles.

shdemidemi, only God, has that 'special anointing' to cure their troubles and this is what Jesus did when on earth

It is when people are playing God, mini god or what have you, that they steer into trouble and have the need to send people searching for healings away and back from approaching the "healing" altars
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni:

shdemidemi, no, not all. Please advise or explain how I have veered into works

Who exactly is the man of God who carries a 'special anointing' to cure their troubles.

shdemidemi, only God, has that 'special anointing' to cure their troubles and this is what Jesus did when on earth

It is when people are playing God, mini god or what have you, that they steer into trouble and have the need to send people searching for healing away and back from approaching the "healing" altars

Of course, there is no one with a corner or a formula to make God react. Moreover, I don't think that word anointing was ever used in the whole of the New Testament.

Works is when you say there is something we can do to make God reciprocate. This subtly takes the power from God and places it on man's ability to make things happen.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi:
Of course, there is no one with a corner or a formula to make God react. Moreover, I don't think that word anointing was ever used in the whole of the New Testament.

Works is when you say there is something we can do to make God reciprocate. This subtly takes the power from God and places it on man's ability to make things happen.

Yes shdemidemi, I believe God created us for a purpose

Rev 4:11 American KJV, tells me:
You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for you have created all things, and for your pleasure they are and were created.

shdemidemi we are all fearfully and wonderfully made but then in this fallen world we are in, God allows most of our courses of action

I didnt bring up the word anointing in post(s), I think you did

Also shdemidemi, you're putting words in my mouth, as I never said "there is something we can do to make God reciprocate".
Please quote me where I said any of those
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Yes shdemidemi, I believe God created us for a purpose

Rev 4:11 American KJV, tells me:
You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for you have created all things, and for your pleasure they are and were created.

If you agree He has a purpose, you shouldn't have a problem accepting that His purpose is more important than any wishful agenda we might concoct in our mind. It is never about us but about God and His purpose.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by nora544: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi:

I never hear that word that a man is anointing, I never hear that it is not allowed to speak against a so called great man of God

We don' that this here in Main europa that first timer i hear it from a good friend who is nigerian when I told him what his daddy go told him is not tru, That was the time when i start to learn more about this and now he knows that most of this so called great man of God or only God of man.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
^^The term was commonly used for those who were enabled to speak God's mind in the old testament. Any pastor who seem bold enough calls himself 'anointed' these days. From the perspective of the new testament or the church, we are all sanctified, anointed, separated, spirit filled etc.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi:
If you agree He has a purpose, you shouldn't have a problem accepting that His purpose is more important than any wishful agenda we might concoct in our mind.
It is never about us but about God and His purpose.
LOL, what made you think I have a problem accepting God's purpose is more important than any wishful agenda we might concoct in our mind

Rev 4:11 amplifies why it is never about us but about God and His purpose

- Rev 4:11 American KJV
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
nora544:
I never hear that word that a man is anointing, I never hear that it is not allowed to speak against a so called great man of God

We don' that this here in Main europa that first timer i hear it from a good friend who is nigerian when I told him what his daddy go told him is not tru, That was the time when i start to learn more about this and now he knows that most of this so called great man of God or only God of man.

Anointing, is an Old Testament particular way of speaking used when it comes to doing God's work or carry out God's purpose.

Anointing simply means empowering and put aside or set aside for God's works.

Back in the Old Testament days, to give a few examples, God asked Moses to anoint 70 elders, God asked Moses to anoint Aaron and his sons as Priests, God asked Samuel to anoint Saul as King. The word Christ or Messiah means the "Anointed One".

Christians too are anointed with power by the Holy Spirit
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by FortresOfChrist(f): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
Reading through
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by WinsomeX: 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni

I understand you perfectly and I now understand why you kept referring to mbaemeka. I believe you mean that every cure for every disease is in man and that as time progresses and medical science improves, most incurable ailments will find cure. This is God bringing healing to humanity. mba will rather misconstrue this as you limiting God to medicine. Of course it means that what medicine cannot accomplish, God can, if he chooses to.

As to WoF advocates, I have invited them to this thread and save for Gombs one post, the rest have stayed clear. I think religious section discusses these days has not been kind to them and they will rather stay away altogether than have their theology shaken. I need not begin listing some of them, beginning with the Bayelsan Pastor SirJohn has sent out permanently from nl.

shdemidemi, there is no works in this. I think it makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
There is certainly a place for medical healing and biology is doing so much to make up for all healing that pertain to the flesh.

What Joni Eareckson Tada is speaking about is far bigger than healing of physical infirmities. She spoke of a miracle, a real miracle which is seeing oneself from the eyes of God. She has acquired a level of knowledge through God's word that transcends world knowledge. Healing or no healing, her mind has been shaped/ transformed/refurbished beyond the 'problem'. Where her flesh appears weak, her inner man is well nourished.

She mentioned some few weaknesses that she need prayers for and walking wasn't part of it, she mentioned selfishness, bitterness, peevish tendencies. These are problems that medicine or biology can't solve and these are the major diseases confronting the church today.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi:
There is certainly a place for medical healing and biology is doing so much to make up for all healing that pertain to the flesh.

What Joni Eareckson Tada is speaking about is far bigger than healing of physical infirmities. She spoke of a miracle, a real miracle which is seeing oneself from the eyes of God. She has acquired a level of knowledge through God's word that transcends world knowledge. Healing or no healing, her mind has been shaped/ transformed/refurbished beyond the 'problem'. Where her flesh appears weak, her inner man is well nourished.

She mentioned some few weaknesses that she need prayers for and walking wasn't part of it, she mentioned selfishness, bitterness, peevish tendencies.
These are problems that medicine or biology can't solve and these are the major diseases confronting the church today.

I earlier agreed with one of your posts above, that when given a Job to have or do, only God can give the grace and succour to see the job through.
- pardon the pun with Job and job

We should all be glad for the grace and succour of God, also for the Holy Spirit producing this kind of fruit in her and our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! (i.e. Galatians 5:22-23 NLT)

The fruits of the Spirit will act against the selfishness, bitterness & peevish tendencies, in order to reduce their forces or neutralize them.

Teddy "Teddybear" Pendergrass years after his motor incident, said this:
"... Cure will eventually happen but at this point, it's not going to happen for years and years and years..."

Hebrews 11:13 GOD'S WORD® Translation tells us:
All these people died having faith.
They didn't receive the things that God had promised them,
but they saw these things coming in the distant future and rejoiced.
They acknowledged that they were living as strangers with no permanent home on earth

Teddy "Teddybear" Pendergrass, father Abraham etcetera never gave up, they saw these things coming in the distant future and rejoiced.

Jesus used an illustration (i.e. Luke 18:1-6) with his disciples to show them that they need to pray all the time and never give up.

Walking should still be part of Joni Eareckson Tada's prayers, peradventure, it is hers, Joni Eareckson Tada's prayers which will be answered and release the lock where the miracule cure is holed and held up in

Perchance it is her prayers which will free up the someone who has the deposit of the healing or miracle cure in him/her
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by WinsomeX: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
WinsomeX:
BabaGnoni

I understand you perfectly and I now understand why you kept referring to mbaemeka. I believe you mean that every cure for every disease is in man and that as time progresses and medical science improves, most incurable ailments will find cure. This is God bringing healing to humanity. mba will rather misconstrue this as you limiting God to medicine. Of course it means that what medicine cannot accomplish, God can, if he chooses to.

As to WoF advocates, I have invited them to this thread and save for Gombs one post, the rest have stayed clear. I think religious section discusses these days has not been kind to them and they will rather stay away altogether than have their theology shaken. I need not begin listing some of them, beginning with the Bayelsan Pastor SirJohn has sent out permanently from nl.

^^^
WinsomeX, I endorse this 110%
- God is waiting for us, longsufferring in silence, wondering why is it taking us this or so long to get the healing and miracle cure acts together
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by WinsomeX: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi

I agree with you. And I doubt if BBG will disagree too. It's the deeper healing she was speaking about. A healing, I'm afraid many Charismatics know nothing about.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
WinsomeX:
shdemidemi

I agree with you. And I doubt if BBG will disagree too. It's the deeper healing she was speaking about.
A healing, I'm afraid many Charismatics know nothing about.
Yes I subscribe totally to that.
Given a Job to have or do, God has certainly given her the grace and succour to see the job through.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by nora544: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Anointing, is an Old Testament particular way of speaking used when it comes to doing God's work or carry out God's purpose.

Anointing simply means empowering and put aside or set aside for God's works.

Back in the Old Testament days, to give a few examples, God asked Moses to anoint 70 elders, God asked Moses to anoint Aaron and his sons as Priests, God asked Samuel to anoint Saul as King. The word Christ or Messiah means the "Anointed One".

Christians too are anointed with power by the Holy Spirit

I know it from the Old Testament but we will never say this to a pastor and I have a girlfriend she is a pastor from a lutheran church and pastors are normal people not God of Men.

But who Anointed all this WOF Pastors because we are not bader than this so called great man of God.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
nora544:
I know it from the Old Testament but we will never say this to a pastor and I have a girlfriend she is a pastor from a lutheran church and pastors are normal people not God of Men.

But who Anointed all this WOF Pastors because we are not bader than this so called great man of God.

nora544, we are all anointed but I think it's best, we let this Martin Luther King, Jr's quote remark on it

"No thing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

1 Like

Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni:

I earlier agreed with one of your posts above, that when given a Job to have or do, only God can give the grace and succour to see the job through.

We should all be glad for the grace and succour of God, also for the Holy Spirit producing this kind of fruit in her and our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! (i.e. Galatians 5:22-23 NLT)

The fruits of the Spirit will act against the selfishness, bitterness & peevish tendencies, in order to reduce their forces or neutralize them.

Teddy "Teddybear" Pendergrass years after his motor incident, said this:
"... Cure will eventually happen but at this point, it's not going to happen for years and years and years..."

Hebrews 11:13 GOD'S WORD® Translation tells us:
All these people died having faith.
They didn't receive the things that God had promised them,
but they saw these things coming in the distant future and rejoiced.
They acknowledged that they were living as strangers with no permanent home on earth

Teddy "Teddybear" Pendergrass, father Abraham etcetera never gave up, they saw these things coming in the distant future and rejoiced.

Jesus used an illustration (i.e. Luke 18:1-6) with his disciples to show them that they need to pray all the time and never give up.

Walking should still be part of Joni Eareckson Tada's prayers, peradventure, it is hers, Joni Eareckson Tada's prayers which will be answered and release the lock where the miracule cure is holed and held up in

Perchance it is her prayers which will free up the someone who has the deposit of the healing or miracle cure in him/her

I am sure Joni Eareckson Tada wouldn't hesitate to see a doctor if they have the cure for her illness. She also mentioned that she never stop anyone who think they have a way to talk to God on her behalf. Is this what she will wake up to pray about? I don't think so. That woman will wake up and give praises and thanks to God for her soul, may be more than you and I will normally do. She has been broken by God and God only does that to those He has appointed to use for His glory.

What we must also understand is what she thinks about what we call her problem. She does not see it as a problem any more because she is not seeing it from a worldly perspective. She has 'recklessly' surrendered her life to God while she gets on with the work of God's kingdom which is our reasonable service as believers.

I am quite sure this woman has Romans 5 engrained in her heart-

5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

This woman isn't operating on the level of happiness but joy. She understands what it means to be justified by faith and that explains why she might be more joyful than a christian who isn't facing her kind of challenge.

We also have our individual problems, though relative, we all have our issues and these problems will not go no matter how prolific we are in prayers. In fact, if it goes, glory to God, but it opens the door for multiple problems that will also require solution. Problems are a continuum and they are ordained and permitted by God because-
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by BabaGnoni: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
shdemidemi:
I am sure Joni Eareckson Tada wouldn't hesitate to see a doctor if they have the cure for her illness. She also mentioned that she never stop anyone who think they have a way to talk to God on her behalf. Is this what she will wake up to pray about? I don't think so. That woman will wake up and give praises and thanks to God for her soul, may be more than you and I will normally do. She has been broken by God and God only does that to those He has appointed to use for His glory.

What we must also understand is what she thinks about what we call her problem. She does not see it as a problem any more because she is not seeing it from a worldly perspective. She has 'recklessly' surrendered her life to God while she gets on with the work of God's kingdom which is our reasonable service as believers.

I am quite sure this woman has Romans 5 engrained in her heart-

5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

This woman isn't operating on the level of happiness but joy. She understands what it means to be justified by faith and that explains why she might be more joyful than a christian who isn't facing her kind of challenge.

We also have our individual problems, though relative, we all have our issues and these problems will not go no matter how prolific we are in prayers. In fact, if it goes, glory to God, but it opens the door for multiple problems that will also require solution. Problems are a continuum and they are ordained and permitted by God because-
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

I wouldnt be biased towards her challenges
God never promised us a challenge free life, right from the beginning, as far back or as early as Genesis 1:28, He declared or commanded that we subdue the earth etc
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by nora544: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
WinsomeX:
BabaGnoni

I understand it like you write it now, because my father needs eyeglas because he was very ill when he was a child when he was 25 a doctor told hin that there is an operation he can have but at that time it was a 50:50 chance and he could also get blind. When he was 75 he got the operation and at that time it was close to 100% that he didnot need eyeglases for the rest of his life and this happen to him. My father was born 1927.
Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by Gombs(m): 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
Reading ...laughing. .. thrilled.

Nora though! This thread is almost going the way Wof thread did.

1 Like

Re: John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference by shdemidemi(m): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
BabaGnoni:

I wouldnt be biased towards her challenges
God never promised us a challenge free life, right from the beginning, as far back or as early as Genesis 1:28, He declared or commanded that we subdue the earth etc

Subdue the earth, yes. But it must be said that this was well before the fall and before the world which the devil happen to be the ruler and the king. We have not been called to subdue the world but to act as citizens of heaven carrying out the interest and purpose of God in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Pictures "First Timers" In Church Can Relate To / How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.