Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker (27887 Views)

Why Aminu Tambuwal Is Fighting Bola Tinubu / Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed / Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by troy20(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
so I should wait for a court to explain to me what is in that shit of book we call a constitution! Guy am not in that league! Let Tambuwal come out and tell us why he should still even be called a house of rep member, because he left his party while there were no faction in pdp and pdp did not merge with any party! Go get yourself a Nigerian Constitution and read! The most annoying part of this whole defection of the speaker is that I don't think those who wrote the constitution considered a speaker defecting because if they did, they won't have to say that the speaker or the presiding officer is the only one to announce a seat vacant in the case of defection of members when parties are still intact
you are even more unaware.though i cant quote them since i dnt have a copy with me.But the constitution provides that a member can defect to another party if there is crises withen.what it didnt specify was if the right to defection involed only a national crises.Speaker Aminu tambuwal is in the right as PDP had a state crises in his state sokoto and just as he admitted in his declaration.remember he is first and foremost a Representative representing a district.the police has no constitutional right to withdraw his official security or interpret the constitution as that particular section is not self activating even if he(speaker tambuwal) broke the law.only the court interpretes that; only the court declares his seat vacant as a house of rep. member and serves the order for the withrawal of his security but then again only a quorium of 2/3 majority of the national house of reperesentatives can vote him out as speaker.the continual disregard for the rule of law has hit its peak.its not like the executive arm is unaware but as usual taking advantage of the multitude of uninformed public which successive governments have done well to supress educationally.this, to me has been their greatest achievement.

2 Likes

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by hasonjack: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
so I should wait for a court to explain to me what is in that shit of book we call a constitution! Guy am not in that league! Let Tambuwal come out and tell us why he should still even be called a house of rep member, because he left his party while there were no faction in pdp and pdp did not merge with any party! Go get yourself a Nigerian Constitution and read! The most annoying part of this whole defection of the speaker is that I don't think those who wrote the constitution considered a speaker defecting because if they did, they won't have to say that the speaker or the presiding officer is the only one to announce a seat vacant in the case of defection of members when parties are still intact

There is faction in Sokoto PDP.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by zionzoe(m): 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
Omo u just said my mind..........right now people are angry dat a religion and a particular tribe is sheding innocent blood because dey want to rule over us. Some even use securityu on dir campaign posters
MrAboki:

If only APC would see the crack in the Armour of PDP and start dumping Buhari, Atiku and other old hands and even start conciously working to mask the 'Hausa Agenda' that seems to follow them around, If only they would switch their strategy and bring out 2 fresh candidates that can be widely accepted outside the North.. PDP WOULD NOT LIVE BEYOND February 2015.

I am not partisan and would still vote Jonathan in 2015 (assuming that APC still fields Buhari), but should the APC switch up, Jonathan had better fuel one of the presidential jets and keep it on standy to fly him straight into exile.. His sins have so piled up they are bordering on unforgivable now.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Jesusloveyou: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
u have answer urself,how can he declare his own seat vacant.is that why d saTANiod wants to declare d seat vacant by force?let d court do their job.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
slimmy05:
stop blabbing Mr. Man, what has his kids got to do with this. You guys need to start keeping sanity. All these paid APShit self acclaimed follower including your boss Barcanista, need to start acting civil with your words.

Abba is the Inspector General of Police incharge of not only securing properties but also lives and avert dangers with full protection when any is perceived. He carried out what he has been appointed to do.

No one pays me. I only av a little time at my disposal because I am on holiday at this time. I am not like you, paid saTAN nor a PDPigg. I am not a lapdog either. You can see that I show up only once in a while as I have even things to see to.

I only wish the Jonathan government did better on getting you lot employed so you could one day, be useful to yourselves and family rather than being used as political tools.

1 Like

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Amanwulu1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
Jerry24kay:

If GEJ is called to by a committee and was not addressed as Mr. President what do you think will happen ?
What is the Main duty of a Police man ?
I want u to answer this den I can reply you
sir, ur argument is not ballanced bc gej's positn as d president is not under any contest or scrutiny constitutionally as tambuwal's is.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Nctrice(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
u have answer urself,how can he declare his own seat vacant.is that why d saTANiod wants to declare d seat vacant by force?let d court do their job.
Nooooo! He himself knows that there is a Lacuna somewhere somehow in that constitution and he is banking on it, knowing fully well that it could cause troubles in the polity and the system but he is still swimming in the loop hole and telling everyother Nigeian that we can kill ourselves if we like in as much as the constitution has no way of hanging him! That's not what is expected of an elder states man!
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Amanwulu1(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
uokocha70:

He is very wrong. Actually the fact that the case is still in court implies that everyone should maintain status quo pending the determination of the case. Status quo in this case being that he remains the speaker until the courts say otherwise. Except he is claiming that he has already seen the ruling.
sir, status quo means dat everybody should maintain his positn prior to their appearance in d court and if u'll remember it was tambwal who went to d court cos he felt dat he was being denied of his benefit as d speaker. It is clear dat in d eyes of d IG he ceased to b d speaker, there4 status quo here means u're not d speaker pending d determinatn of ur case. Are u using d interpretatn of apc and Lai? Use ur head u can b better dan lai mohmed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by kabarka(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
Correct answer *section 68<1g>.On the other hand i can say that he could be called a speaker untill Dec 3 that the house will reconvene.aside from this HE IS NO LONGER A LEGISLATOR.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by 1025: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
The IG has just done the needful the only story that is quite off the hook is the explosion of tear-gas, every other reason are justifiable! And he is right not to have called the former speaker "Speaker" I wait to see what the committee would do next!

is either u do not know anything about democracy or u are dealing on cheap drugs. Tambuwal is supposed to be removed as the speaker of the house but he is yet to be removed. it is a constitutional thing but nobody is going to court to challenge him so he is still and will remain the speaker until the court says so. IGP lacks the constitutional rights to remove him from that position. let pdp go to court but u can see they are so so afraid of the court hence they resort to thuggery. if the igp is not working directly for aso rock, he should be in jail by now. he is a public servant and not a politician.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Jesusloveyou: 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
Nooooo! He himself knows that there is a Lacuna somewhere somehow in that constitution and he is banking on it, knowing fully well that it could cause troubles in the polity and the system but he is still swimming in the loop hole and telling everyother Nigeian that we can kill ourselves if we like in as much as the constitution has no way of hanging him! That's not what is expected of an elder states man!
so since d constitution cannot hang him,he did not do any wrong,so why is d saTANiod wants to use force to hang him.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by 1025: 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:

so what is expected of elder statesmen is thuggery like ur pdp and igp approach? look, pdp hates opposition and they fear apc like death, why?
u are attacking their offices and members all over the country and the whole world is watching. in ekiti, the world saw how weapons and ammunition were used by soldiers, mask-men and snipers just to snatch the state from apc. u tried and failed in osun state then u rushed to court. if inec is wrong in osun, then tell nigerians how right they are in ekiti. if their is any constitutional gan-gan dim-dim that warrants tambuwal to seat tight on his position, then let pdp go home and stop disturbing the peaceful lives of nigerians. the basic pillar of democracy is the judiciary and if they cannot fight their courses through the judiciary, let them forget it. teach nigerians how to behave in democracy by using the courts to get what u want and not thugs. THIS GOVT ASSISTED THUGGERY IS ONE OF MAJOR REASONS AMERICA CANNOT SELL ARMS TO THIS GOVT BECAUSE THE ARMS WILL BE USED AGAINST THE OPPOSITION. we are tired of one party system.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Godiloveu(f): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
mikeansy:

forget imagining silly scenarios

the short cut to correct all this madness is to simply tell Tambuwal to do the right thing and resign!

Its that simple!

hellllllllllllllllo!!!
master man are u a nigerian or u re just trying to act dumb? is mr speaker d ist to cross carpet? how about gov mimiko?

and by d way "if a student has a case with d scho ol authority does dat make such student no longer a student of d school "?, also in d constitution wat right is assign to police on politics n political held positions? wat right does d IG has to interpreted d laws in constitution, dont we ve d judiciary?

so u means d army forces can also enforce law now abi?

u sit in d comfort of ur home n b typing rubbish, is like u re high on pure water

Ode mumu!

1 Like

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Ayatullah(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
SPEAKER TAMBUWAL: WHAT STRATEGY FOR 3RD DECEMBER?
It is crystal clear now that the Inspector General of Police is anti-democracy and anti-judiciary with his interaction with the house committee on Police affairs.

This should be a wake-up call for speaker Aminu Tambuwal to know that the path to the National Assembly come December 3rd is laden with danger.

It is time to strategize to ensure the enemies of democracy are put to shame.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Etinosajay(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:

You are thrice as stupid as your moniker sounds....you first call the constitution poo, and then u read out of it and refer someone to go read it. What form of education do u have? If it is not the court who interpretes law, I wonder who else.

I can't believe you answer the title human being. And to think that your stupid statement garnered 34likes. We as a country must be in 34 x trouble

1 Like

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Nctrice(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
sucess001:

Mumu dt u re...

Seems you dont knw that where there's division in pdp...every member is allowed to defect under the law...

In this case, until the court decides dt there's no division in the party from which he is defecting...Tambuwal remains speaker...legally...

A 100 level law student should knw that...how a whole Inspector General of Police doesnt know dt is only ridi-pdp-culous"!

Read this!

[quote author=mikeansy post=28375937]

those who crafted our constitution hoped that a Speaker who is a custodian of the law will be a responsible citizen and do the right thing and resign. But it seems clearly that the Nigerian constitution was expecting too much from a typical Nigerian politician who clearly have no honour.

Tambuwal is no longer in HOR! and should not be addressed as Speaker! At least not while the subject is being debated in court.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Nctrice(m): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
Etinosajay:

You are thrice as stupid as your moniker sounds....you first call the constitution poo, and then u read out of it and refer someone to go read it. What form of education do u have? If it is not the court who interpretes law, I wonder who else.

I can't believe you answer the title human being. And to think that your stupid statement garnered 34likes. We as a country must be in 34 x trouble

Read what's Below and draw some sense into you skull!

those who crafted our constitution hoped that a Speaker who is a custodian of the law will be a responsible citizen and do the right thing and resign. But it seems clearly that the Nigerian constitution was expecting too much from a typical Nigerian politician who clearly have no honour.

Tambuwal is no longer in HOR! and should not be addressed as Speaker! At least not while the subject is being debated in court.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Nctrice(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Jerry24kay:

Are you saying we sud ignore the constitution ?
Do u have a separate Constitution ?
Are you saying you are above the Law?
So we Should Forget about the 3rd arm of Government ?
What re u saying

The below is what I mean! If only you could understand!

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Etinosajay(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
[color=#990000]

Read what's Below and draw some sense into you skull!

You're really bereft of ideas, that you had to quote me another nairalanders statement in defence of the rubbish you wrote.

I quoted and responded to the 'abomination to intelligence' you wrote and called a response. Stand on your own, or are you thrice a baby?

You claim the constitution is poo, yet you quoted out of it, and further referred someone to go read it up, and then you question the right standing of the judiciary to interpret laws. Who interprets laws then? You are a disgrace

1 Like

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Etinosajay(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:

[color=#990000]

The below is what I mean! If only you could understand!

And again I will respond to this gibberish you quoted. This same matter is in court, and the court has stated that the status quo be maintained, until a judgement is reached. Does this then mean the speaker shouldn't be addressed as the speaker?

Let me rephrase this for your tiny brains. If dem say add 1 to 7 after 6 minutes, will it be 8 before or after the 6 minutes?

1 Like

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Drabrah(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
1daful. So u know this much buh u neva knew dat d status quo remains until d court gives its verdict.
SMH
God ll save 9ja, it's politicians & jungle justice.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by muktarmtt(m): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
u r big fool of d highest oder so u can't wait for d law u sound like criminal u need to arrested
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by muktarmtt(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
u r big fool of d highest oder so u can't wait for d law u sound like criminal u need to arrested people like need off the streets
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by muktarmtt(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
Jerry24kay:

Are you saying we sud ignore the constitution ?
Do u have a separate Constitution ?
Are you saying you are above the Law?
So we Should Forget about the 3rd arm of Government ?
What re u saying
he try to explain to hw mumu he is Mtcheew stop responding to this mad man he is sick in d head
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by alexdele: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nigerians where are we going? If the chief security officer our great country said his men are not recognised the fourth man of this country. If they didnt av television i know that they read newspapers. Mr IG go way with ur lies.
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by muktarmtt(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
mikeansy:

forget imagining silly scenarios

the short cut to correct all this madness is to simply tell Tambuwal to do the right thing and resign!

Its that simple!
like we need d clueless man to do d right ting nd resign course he failed us in somany ways
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by sucess001(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:

[color=#990000]

Read this!

Dude...you should educate yourself.

First go and read the porovison of the constitution. the provision says he loses his seat ONLY if there is no division in the party he is leaving....

The question is "is there no division in PDP?" we all know the answers to that.

And to legally hit the nail on the head..the courts must decide on the question of whether or not there is division in pdp...until den, he freaking remains the Speaker!!!
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Fourwinds: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nctrice:
The IG has just done the needful the only story that is quite off the hook is the explosion of tear-gas, every other reason are justifiable! And he is right not to have called the former speaker "Speaker" I wait to see what the committee would do next!
when Obasanjo was elected in 2003 elections and d case taken to court by Gen. Muhammad Bahari, was Obasanjo addressed as Mr president while d Case was in court?
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Fourwinds: 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
troy20:

you are even more unaware.though i cant quote them since i dnt have a copy with me.But the constitution provides that a member can defect to another party if there is crises withen.what it didnt specify was if the right to defection involed only a national crises.Speaker Aminu tambuwal is in the right as PDP had a state crises in his state sokoto and just as he admitted in his declaration.remember he is first and foremost a senator representing a constituency.the police has no right whatsoever to withdraw his official security or interpret the constitution as that particular section is not self activating even if he(speaker tambuwal) broke the law.only the court interpretes that; only the court declares his seat vacant as a house of rep. member and serves the order for the withrawal of his security but then again only a quorium of 2/3 majority of the national house of reperesentatives can vote him out as speaker.the continual disregard for the rule of law has hit its peak.its not like the executive arm is unaware but as usual taking advantage of the multitude of uninformed public which successive governments have done well to supress educationally.this, to me has been their greatest achievement.
Troy20, u have said it all. We have a very high uninformed Nigerians. It is a pity

1 Like

Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Gabbiddo: 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
Jerry24kay:

If GEJ is called to by a committee and was not addressed as Mr. President what do you think will happen ?
What is the Main duty of a Police man ?
I want u to answer this den I can reply you
My brother lets not be unnecessarily sentimental, sentiments is driving us to the wrong direction in this country and its very unfortunate. The IGP has done exactly what is expected of him with the backing of the requirements of the nigerian constitution. If we say, that the president is evidently using the IGP against the speaker. Well, i may not be out to argue that because i was never there when he gave the instructions and orders.However, it is very true that the speaker alhaji Tambuwal went foul on the part of the law because the cross carpeting was not constitutional and uncalled for. I am of the opinion that nigerians should ask the speaker the reasons for the cross carpeting. I think if he is able to give a good answer then we may have reasons to put our weight behind him. Until that happens, we must let the law take its cause and eschew sentiments
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
HE IS NOT THE FIRST IGP TO GO DOWN IN NIGERIA IN SHAME...REMEMBER TAFA BALOGUN.....MR ABBA OR WHATEVER U CHOOSE TO CALL YOURSELF, YOUR CASE WILL BE WORSE COMPARED TO TAFA NEXT YEAR..
Re: IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker by Jerry24kay(m): 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
Gabbiddo:
My brother lets not be unnecessarily sentimental, sentiments is driving us to the wrong direction in this country and its very unfortunate. The IGP has done exactly what is expected of him with the backing of the requirements of the nigerian constitution. If we say, that the president is evidently using the IGP against the speaker. Well, i may not be out to argue that because i was never there when he gave the instructions and orders.However, it is very true that the speaker alhaji Tambuwal went foul on the part of the law because the cross carpeting was not constitutional and uncalled for. I am of the opinion that nigerians should ask the speaker the reasons for the cross carpeting. I think if he is able to give a good answer then we may have reasons to put our weight behind him. Until that happens, we must let the law take its cause and eschew sentiments
What Backing ? the constitution also told him not to follow court law..
who is sentimental now

pls why is the presidency focusing on this man..
Didn't all the members of LP in Ondo State including the Governor cross carpet to PDP ... Why didnt the commissioner of police(ondo) interfere.
what is bad is bad .....if u say its good in another region why call it bad cus its ur opposition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ortom, Amaechi & Onyeama At Funeral Of Catholic Priests In Benue / IPOB Sit-At-Home: Members In Equatorial Guinea Lock Their Shops (Pics) / Protest Against The Disbandment Of Osun Election Petition Tribunal(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.