Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification (3851 Views)

CIMA Introduces New Programme For Nigerian Finance Professionals / CIMA Qualification Aligns With Shell Group Competencies For Employees / How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Greycells(m): 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Multinational corporations that include Shell Petroleum Development Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Nestle and Diageo are increasingly recruiting CIMA qualified professionals.

This is because the CIMA Professional Qualification provides more strategy, more management accounting and more relevance across a broad business perspective than any other professional accountancy qualification.

Apart from giving its holders expertise in finance, it equips them with the skills to make key decisions in business and advice others of the financial implications.

With its emphasis on strategic business skills, the CIMA Professional Qualification is a springboard to success both within and outside the finance arena.

Just as in accountancy roles, CIMA members are successful business analysts, management consultants and project managers. Others hold senior roles in areas such as operations, IT, business planning and change management. And many are in top jobs, becoming managing directors, chief executives and chairmen. You will be joining a powerful network of business leaders by joining CIMA.

CIMA certification holders are financially qualified business leaders operating in all areas of the organization. They create value by applying leading edge techniques with a commercial and forward looking focus, adapting to the changing needs of the business.

The CIMA qualification is open to all, regardless of educational background, or work experience. The basic requirements are a competence in mathematics and the English language. The CIMA qualification can be entered at any stage – either straight after school, college, university.

If you have any questions for the CIMA Agents, feel free to post it as a comment. A CIMA representative will be happy to reply to your comment. For more information on CIMA and on how to register, log on to www.cimaglobal.com or call: 07002462644 or email: lagos@cimaglobal.com.

http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/33015/why-employers-are-saying-yes-to-cima-qualification.html

1 Share

Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Johninyang(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Great piece. Am interested sir but a little confused with your organisation. Cn you through more light on levels of membership, number of exams per diet, and cost of exams?

Contact me on talk2johninyang@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Greycells(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
Johninyang:
Great piece. Am interested sir but a little confused with your organisation. Cn you through more light on levels of membership, number of exams per diet, and cost of exams?
Contact me on talk2johninyang@yahoo.com

Thank you for the kind words.

CIMA is short for Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, the world’s largest and leading professional body of management accountants.

The mission of CIMA is to help people and businesses to succeed in the public and private sectors.

CIMA has more than 218,000 members and students operating in 177 countries. They work at the heart of business in industry, commerce and not for profit organisations. We have strong relationships with employers, and sponsor leading research.

CIMA constantly updates its qualification, professional experience requirements and CPD programme. This ensures that CIMA members and students are first choice for employers who are recruiting financially trained business leaders.

CIMA has also shown commitment to upholding the highest ethical and professional standards, and to maintaining public confidence in management accounting.

Membership - There is an ongoing promo by CIMA for all categories of joiners.
- There is the 10 pound route for undergraduates
- There is the 50 pound route for SSCE/WASC holders and graduates
- There is the 45% discounted Gateway route for holders of MBA and Msc in Accounting as well as professional accountants.

On Diets
There are no diets in CIMA, Tt is a flexible package which allows you to write your exams all year round - with only case studies having fixed timing of February, May, August and November.

Your present qualification will determine the number of exams and cost. I will pass on your email address to a CIMA representative to contact you. You may also want to send your phone number to info@klagos.com to enable a CIMA representative contact you to provide answers to your questions.
Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Johninyang(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2014
Ok. Thank you. I have forwarded my contact details to the email address provided.

I will like more information asap to enble me plan for feb 2015 exams.

I have b.sc in finance from the university of calabar and presently taking m.sc in finance.

I have lso attempted ICAN ATS2

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Greycells(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2014
Johninyang:
Ok. Thank you. I have forwarded my contact details to the email address provided.
I will like more information asap to enble me plan for feb 2015 exams.
I have b.sc in finance from the university of calabar and presently taking m.sc in finance.
I have lso attempted ICAN ATS2

Thank you for sharing your details with us - a CIMA representative will contact you shortly.
Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by seunkeji5(f): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
i am also intrested i stay in ekiti state, do you have centre in ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2014
hi, thanks for the piece of information, pls someone with bsc accounting from O.O.U may likely write how many papers to qualify?
segs@accamail.com 07036733475

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by mayo47(m): 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
Greycells:
Multinational corporations that include Shell Petroleum Development Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Nestle and Diageo are increasingly recruiting CIMA qualified professionals.

This is because the CIMA Professional Qualification provides more strategy, more management accounting and more relevance across a broad business perspective than any other professional accountancy qualification.

Apart from giving its holders expertise in finance, it equips them with the skills to make key decisions in business and advice others of the financial implications.

With its emphasis on strategic business skills, the CIMA Professional Qualification is a springboard to success both within and outside the finance arena.

Just as in accountancy roles, CIMA members are successful business analysts, management consultants and project managers. Others hold senior roles in areas such as operations, IT, business planning and change management. And many are in top jobs, becoming managing directors, chief executives and chairmen. You will be joining a powerful network of business leaders by joining CIMA.

CIMA certification holders are financially qualified business leaders operating in all areas of the organization. They create value by applying leading edge techniques with a commercial and forward looking focus, adapting to the changing needs of the business.

The CIMA qualification is open to all, regardless of educational background, or work experience. The basic requirements are a competence in mathematics and the English language. The CIMA qualification can be entered at any stage – either straight after school, college, university.

If you have any questions for the CIMA Agents, feel free to post it as a comment. A CIMA representative will be happy to reply to your comment. For more information on CIMA and on how to register, log on to www.cimaglobal.com or call: 07002462644 or email: lagos@cimaglobal.com.

http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/33015/why-employers-are-saying-yes-to-cima-qualification.html

I am quite interested in the masters gateway route but need to be sure on the availability and quality of tutorial centers. Any recommended??

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by ABDamola(m): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
Am also interested!
Wats d process of registrtan?
How many years cn it take one 2 b a qualified member?
Any informatn on ur diets and study packs?

Email: afees4wesley@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Greycells(m): 8:25am On Dec 18, 2014
mayo47:

I am quite interested in the masters gateway route but need to be sure on the availability and quality of tutorial centers. Any recommended??

The available tuition provider in Nigeria is:
Harley Reed Nigeria Ltd
Address: No. 148/150, Bode Thomas, Surulere, Lagos;
Contact person: Opemipo +2347068467317

Harley Reed is best-in-class with presence in several African countries.

Kaplan has set up an enrolment process for CIMA students in Nigeria. The link to the form is below.

Students are given the option of collecting their materials from Kaplan’s local distributor or receiving them via the post.

CIMA form for materials and study options - http://financial.kaplan.co.uk/Brochures/cima-ef-liveonline-nigeria.pdf

At the bottom of the form you will see how you can enrol.

Can you please share your contact details with us via info@klagos.com to enable a CIMA Representative contact you to provide answers to your enquiries.
Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by missnigeria: 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
need information on how to register for CIMA in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification by Greycells(m): 12:07am On Aug 27, 2015
For more information on the CFO Route and on how to register, call 07002462644 or email lagos@cimaglobal.com or visit www.cimaglobal.com to register online.

(1) (Reply)

Which Job-holders Are The Most Arrogant?! / Can I Get Into Oil And Gas With Third Class And Certifications? / What Is Responsible For Career Success? Strategy Or Luck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.