Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

A Christmas Party - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Christmas Party (23675 Views)

A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / A Christmas Story: Waiting For Santa Claus / A Christmas Poem For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christmas Party by gal10(f): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Wowww and safarigirl dropped it hot...thanks for d update
Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
Safarigirl!!! Sweets,you're simply the best. Imagery is just perfect...am falling in love with Ugo,he is so mature and cool.

What about Eminem? Its high time Phi gets laid...lolz.

Sorry to ask again,did Jeremy's father meet kachi when jeremy brought her home?

You ROCK!
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
Jennimma:
Safarigirl!!! Sweets,you're simply the best. Imagery is just perfect...am falling in love with Ugo,he is so mature and cool.

What about Eminem? Its high time Phi gets laid...lolz.

Sorry to ask again,did Jeremy's father meet kachi when jeremy brought her home?

You ROCK!
yes he did.
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
So it wasn't as bad as he originally thought.

Jeremy didn't need to breathe a sigh of relief by the end of the night. He had had a fairly good time despite the circumstances that led to the meeting, it felt more like he was having a discussion with an old friend.

"I'll talk with her, expect a call tomorrow." Ugo said in assurance as the two men shook.

"Thanks a lot. It was nice meeting you." Jeremy replied with a smile. He supposed it was a good thing he had managed to get on the good side of one of Kachi's brothers. He was just a couple of years younger than he was, but the age difference was far from evident. He was up to par in all topics, he particularly found his knowledge of politics and foreign affairs interesting. He didn't know many people who could speak so thoroughly about a topic most people couldn't be bothered about. Then there were their similarities in hobbies and sports.

At the end of their conversation, they had already set up a date for a basketball game and somehow, Ugo had managed to not talk about Kachi as much. It was thirty minutes into their conversation that Jeremy understood the real purpose of the meeting. Contrary to his expectations, the entire meeting was more about him than Kachi, he had gone thirty minutes into the much dreaded 'interview' before he even realized what it really was.

Ugo was much smarter than he let on and he thought he would make a good friend in the long run.

"Same here. And don't worry, you passed." He added with a smirk and a wink.

Jeremy couldn't help his grin, "Thank you. Aren't you leaving now?"

Ugo looked over at the bar. She was still there, and if he wasn't mistaken, she was probably waiting for him.

He shook his head with a smile, she was dogged alright, "Ah, no, will just hang around a while longer."

Jeremy needed no further explanation, he had noticed Ugo's gaze darting towards the bar a number of times during their conversation. He assumed he was checking out some lady, and it seemed he was right.

"Good night then."

"Good night." Ugo replied. He watched Jeremy walk out of the bar.

It was only when he had left his sight that he approached the bar to meet the brown-haired beauty that had been waiting patiently for him, he noticed her smile widen as he approached her.

"You should know that flirting with a gay guy will get you nowhere." He began.

She smiled at him and batted her lashes, "Well, I figured you're far from gay if you spent most of your time ignoring the hunk in front of you and eye-fuc..king me."

He laughed, "Eye-fuc..king you? I see you've got quite the imagination, besides, what makes you think I wasn't ignoring him because he's not my type?"

She leaned closer and whispered in his ear, "Let's test that theory, shall we?" she asked seductively. She didn't wait to let him decode her statement before her lips were placed against his.

Ugo went still as this woman he barely knew kissed him softly, he liked the way her lips felt against his; soft and inviting. She nibbled on his lower lip and moved away leaving him just a bit dazed- and arou..sed.

She laughed heartily at the expression on his face, "If you're gay, I must be Mother Theresa." She smiled and stretched her hand out to him, "I'm Megan."

He returned her smile and took her hand, despite her tan the difference in their skin tones was glaring, "Ugo."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Phi was just settling in to sleep when she heard the doorbell ring.

She frowned, what the hell? She had had a very long tiring day, was she asking too much that someone let her have a well deserved sleep? She closed her eyes tight intent on blocking out the sound of the bell until whoever it was got the message and left.

5 minutes later, the ringing continued. She grumbled, who the phuck was disturbing her sleep? She dragged herself out of the bed and stomped to the door, she was going to scream at that annoying eediot until his or her ear drums burst.

"What the he...?" she didn't get to complete her sentence as she flung the door open and found Keith standing at the other side, ''figures'' she grumbled, who else would do something so annoying?

He was smiling at her despite the scowl she had on, he had a gorgeous smile and she would have appreciated it more if she wasn't so tired.

Keith took in her appearance amazed at how pretty she was able to look even in her disheveled frowning state. It was apparent he had disturbed her sleep, but he wasn't about to leave her be and abandon his purpose for being here. He had waited for her call for over a week, sent her a portrait, all that was left was to spray paint her building with a large, 'CALL ME ALREADY PHI!' with his phone number right under the message. He would do that, but he wasn't a vandal and he didn't need everyone on her street calling him- or the police having it easy when he got reported for vandalism.

"What do you want?" she grumbled.

"Well initially I wanted you to call me, but since that's apparently so difficult, I'm here to take you to dinner." He replied simply.

She stared at him, flabbergasted. Doing a reverse walk, she looked up at the wall clock, it was past ten pm, was he high?, she returned to ask him just that and repeat the time just in case he had missed it.

"I was actually going to call you to ask what time would be convenient, but I didn't have your number, you had mine but since you couldn't call...I just assumed any time would be convenient." He replied, his hands inside the pocket of his jeans as he rocked forward and backward like a kid.

Phi wanted to scream at him, but his little antics had a weird effect on her that left her literally lost for words, or even sounds. She couldn't deny as mad as she wanted to be- or rather, thought she should be, she couldn't shake off that feeling of joy and happiness that he bothered to come after her when she failed to call, lots of guys would have gone on to the next chase after over a week of not getting any reply, but Keith? He was dogged; she liked that and found it oddly charming.

"I'm sure you're aware I was already asleep." She wasn't about to make this easy for him.

"You were? I had no idea." He replied, he sounded sincerely surprised by that fact, but she knew it was all an act.

"You rang the bell continuously for five minutes, the first two minutes would have told you whoever was in was asleep, besides, all the lights were off."

He scrounged up his face like he was in thought, "Oh, thought it was one of those 'save the earth' things people do these days. Anyway if you don't want to go out, we could stay in, as long as we have our date."

She folded her arms across her chest, she noticed his eyes on her perky brea_sts, but he didn't linger on them, she knew he thought she didn't notice, and she was content with letting him think so, "I don't have any food."

He smiled, "See, I knew you were going to say something like that, so I brought along some groceries. We can just do something simple, how does chicken parmesan sound? And some salad." He said as he walked down the steps toward his car without paying any mind to her shocked expression. He easily got out two apparently heavy bags of groceries, definitely too much for chicken parmesans and salad alone, was he planning a cook-out?

He maneuvered his way to her door and past her, again ignoring her speechlessness.

Phi stood there a few more minutes wondering how she got stuck with someone so damn stubborn, it was charming most times, but a girl really needed her beauty sleep and it was apparent Keith wasn't going to let her have it. She questioned how safe it was having him inside her house, he had never been in here, and somehow she feared that she would be sharing her bed with someone else tonight no matter how strong-willed she may be.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hmmmn safarigirl, this your story is 'sweeting' my stomach and doing me yori yori cheesy
Kudos.
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kachi woke up the next morning alone as usual. She got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom, it was Sunday morning. She had planned to go to the nearest church, but she doubted she had the strength to make it, besides it was too late to meet any service.

She willed herself to forget about everything that happened yesterday, but the nausea that overcame her the moment she stepped into the bathroom and inhaled the smell of jasmine was a harsh reminder that some things couldn't be easily forgotten. She made a mental note to change her soap before the end of the day.

She stared at her reflection, suddenly noticing the slight changes- or maybe her mind was just playing tricks on her. Of course, you find you're pregnant and you suddenly start seeing things, she assumed it happened with everyone.

She sat on the toilet seat for hours just thinking about her life and how quickly things had changed, two months ago she didn't even know who Jeremy Blair was, now she was pregnant with his child- and somehow Ugo had convinced her to keep it. After a long sleep she realized he had been right, aborting this child was a selfish decision, she ought to consult Jeremy before coming to any decisions, this was as much his decision as it was hers. That brought up another issue- she had to see him.

She took in a deep sigh, even after Donny's confession she realized she still hadn't gotten over that video. It was a frame up. He was drugged. She repeated those words to herself hoping to convince herself that the entire video was fake.

In the middle of her thoughts, she remembered that her phone had been switched off the entire day yesterday and even now.

She took a quick bath- with a different soap, it didn't do much good, but it wasn't as nauseating as the jasmine-scented one. As she oiled her body, her hand stilled once it reached her tummy, she felt for any bump and nearly laughed at herself; the pregnancy couldn't be up to four weeks old, so she doubted there would be any signs of a bump anytime soon.

The first thing she did once she was dressed was turn on her phone. Like she guessed a few people wanted to talk to her. She had 48 voicemails, about seventeen were from Donny, she could only listen to two, she deleted the rest without a second thought, she would talk to him eventually- and they would be friends, but not right now. She still couldn't wrap her head around her own best friend plotting with someone as conceited and calculating as Claire was for her own downfall, be it directly or indirectly.

29 were from Jeremy, she listened to about eight, sounded almost the same as Donny's, though she knew they were far from the same purpose. She figured the rest would be just the same so she skipped them all, the last two were from Ugo telling- no, that was his authoritative voice; he was ordering her to call Jeremy as soon as she got his message, no questions asked.

She closed her eyes and breathed in and out to calm herself. She dialed Jeremy's number hoping just a little that he wouldn't pick it so she would have an excuse to give Ugo once he asked- and he would ask. Unfortunately she wasn't favored, not an extra second passed after the first ring when he received the call.

"Thank God! I've been waiting since yesterday for your call Kachi, I couldn't even sleep...how are you? Are you well? The ba...the pregnancy, is it...?"

"I'm fine Jeremy and so is the ba...the pregnancy. It's just...we need to talk about us, about this child." She knew she sounded distraught, but that was exactly how she felt right now; distraught, stressed, worried, confused. Ugo was right after all, this was too big a burden for her to carry alone. She needed Jeremy.

"I know, I'm already at your door, just got here. If you would open up please?"

He was already here? Why didn't he come just a few hours later? When she was less stressed. She steeled her nerves and stood up, "I'll be right there."

She walked out of her bedroom and to the front door, unlocking and opening it before she changed her mind.

They both stood staring at each other for minutes, neither knowing what to say. Kachi couldn't stand there, so she did the first thing that came to mind. She moved closer and wrapped her arms around his torso, willing him to comfort her.

Jeremy didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her, he held her tightly against him like she was going to disappear. After a few minutes he began patting her head, he placed a light kiss on the top of her head, "Everything will be fine, trust me." He murmured against her head. He wanted to think all would be fine, and for now, having her so close to him made him feel like they really would be fine. They would get through all of the Claire drama, and he would convince her to keep the baby.

Beyond any doubts he had a gut feeling that all would be well.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by Ladygunner(f): 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
Please....Moooorrrreeee!!!.....just cant get enough...u are da bomb!..my next Johanna Lindsey + Nora roberts + Faye Kellerman!
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
"Stop, please. You know I have somewhere to be" Phi whined, more importantly they both knew she'd rather not be somewhere else. Yes, she was addicted to him, a World Record-worthy addiction it was. How she had become so enamored with this man within a matter of weeks is something she would never be able to understand, but she'd be lying if she said she had regretted any second of fuelling her addiction.

It had been a month since she officially began to date Keith and it had been quite an adventure. He was nothing like her previous boyfriends who were usually bland and uninteresting. Whoever said opposites attract definitely got it wrong with her and Keith, there was a lot of herself in him. The snide comments, witty come-backs and dirty words were definitely characteristics she proudly carried. They seemed like a match made in potty-mouth heaven and she wouldn't have it any other way.

Phi shrugged off Keith's adventurous lips as she searched for her top- well, more like stood in one spot and scanned the place for it. It was hard to tell where it had been flung to in the heat of passion- or if it was still wearable in fact. And his planting soft kisses on her bare back and shoulders wasn't makinf things any easier.

"Just stay with me a while Phi, you know you wanna" he teased, his electric grey eyes twinkling with a promise of mischief.

"If I don't get down to the church on time, Kachi will literally cut my head off and feed it to a stray dog. I've been with you the entire day already Keith, don't be selfish" she replied, though his insistent kisses were doing a good job in convincing her to spend the night.

"Aren't I allowed to not want to share my girl with others?"

"If you still want to make use of your jaw, those 'others' better not be 4-month old pregnant women named Kachi" Phi replied. She grinned once she finally spotted her blouse hanging against the door. Leaving Keith's embrace- which was more difficult than it sounded, she hurried to the piece of cloth and put it on, secretly glad she did lest she return to her previous position beneath him before either of them could stop the urge.

Keith didn't seem as pleased though, "Can't you call and ask that she shift the time a little?" He sulked

"Oh, you mean like I did an hour ago? And an hour before that?"

He rolled his eyeballs dramatically, "Yeah, yeah, you've made your point." He walked lazily toward her and wrapped her in another embrace, "So, when will you be back?" He drawled as he bent to plant a light kiss by the corner of her mouth.

She obliged him when his lips zoned in on hers. They shared a long, heated kiss that made Phi wish she didn't have to leave just yet. She dug her fingers into his shaggy hair as they moaned in unison. His hand slid lower and he palmed her assss as he drew her closer, once she felt his hardness she pulled away, she would NOT be returning to his bed if she had a say in this, "Not today sweetie" she replied with a sunny smile.

He twisted his lips in confusion at that satement, "You mean like no more sex today or not today as in, you're not coming back today?"

Phi raised her brows, "And the difference is?" She asked. The truth was they couldn't stay five minutes in the same vicinity wothout wanting to rip each other's clothes off.

"Good point" he smiled mischievously.

She returned his smile as she reached for her handbag, "Glad we understand each other" she turned to him and placed a chaste kiss on his lips- or at least what was intended to be a chaste kiss until he deepened it. The sound of her phone ringing got them out of their mouth-eating contest. She fished it out and rolled her eyes with a smile when she saw the caller.

"Phi speaking" she spoke into the phone.

"Where the hell are you?"

"Where I was an hour ago" she could literally hear the bristling coming from the other side.

"Phumi Khanyisile Khumalo, if I don't see you in thirty minutes, THIRTY MINUTES, you WILL be demoted to some other unimportant position like...like..."

"I get it, I get it...I'll probably end up as the cleaner. I'll be there in twenty minutes tops, don't pop out the baby too early" she replied and then ended the call before Kachi could come up with a retort. She smiled at Keith, "Gotta go love, kiss kiss" she waved him goodbye and walked out the door.

Keith sighed deeply as he crashed onto his bed. Yep, Phi was definitely worth the hassle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
The nerve of those people!

Claire sat in her highlander outside of the chapel Kachi and Jeremy's wedding was to take place in about a week's time, brimming. Jeremy had yet to confront her concerning the tape and it really kept her on edge, from the looks of things the little twit hadn't bought it after all.

She huffed indignantly, if that stupid secretary had kept her yodelling mouth shut just maybe she would have been able to wiggle her way back into Jeremy's life. And then there was that idiot Donny, she should have known not to trust the oaf, if he couldn't go through with this foolproof plan it was no wonder why he hadn't been able to get Kachi to date him in nine years.

She briefly thought of walking through the doors of that Chapel and disrupting everything, but she figures that would be pretty dumb and embarrassing, plus, she was sure to get that long-awaited backlash from Jeremy- one she just might not be able to withstand. There had to be some way to make Jeremy see the light, make him realise she was his soulmate, not that silly, gold-digging immigrant.

As she looked out her window, she noticed a curvy black woman walking down the road. She snickered, they all looked the same to her. She barely turned away when she noticed the woman catch her form in the car and halt. The next thing she knew the woman was walking up to her, she tried to look away thinking perhaps she was heading to some other place, but she began to fret a little when she noticed the woman's eyes were deadset on her.

In an effort to seem like she hadn't noticed her at all, she took out her mirror and began to touch up her make-up.

"Hello." A cheery voice spoke from the driver's window.

Claire looked up at the same woman, she seemed a lot more intimidating up close, "Hi, how can I help you?"

"You must be Claire."

Claire nodded hesitantly, a nervous smile plastered on her face, "Yes, and who might you be?"

The female extended her hand out to her and Claire accepted it, "The name's Phi..." She began, that sweet smile still dancing on her pretty face, "..I'm the maid of honor for the wedding that will be taking place in that Chapel next week, and the one who'll report you to the authorities for stalking if I EVER see your plastic, desperate, man-chasing self anywhere near my friend and her fiancee again. Hope we're clear?" Phi asked with her unwavering smile.

Claire stared at her, her face pale with fear, she wasn't as scared of the threat to get her reported to the authorities as she was what this smiling woman would do to her- she seemed capable of a few illegal actions too.

"Oh, and you better get this pretty car of yours off the drive-way before I get to that chapel or I WILL return and I'd hate to ruin this baby- permanently" she waved at her and turned around to continue her walk towards the chapel.

Phi grinned when she heard the sound of an engine roaring to life and what she knew to be Claire's car zooming off. She hoped she wouldn't have to see that face again in a long time.

The sound of the piano told Phi that she just might be a few minutes later than she planned, and the sight of a scowling Kachi that greeted her the second their eyes met confirmed that feeling. She jogged toward the procession, basically nudging Farrah, the red-haired bridesmaid who was in her place, she was Kachi's rommmate back in college. The girl looked pissed but not pissed enough to not relinquish the position.

She smiled apologetically at her partner, Phillip, Jeremy's friend in college as she tried to avoid the daggers Kachi was shooting her and concentrate on the procession itself.

Twenty minutes and three takes later, the rehearsal was called off for the day and Phi was faced with an angry Kachi in need of answers.

"I can explain" she began.

"I'm waiting"

"Something came up" she said.

Kachi raised a brow, "Something like what? Did Keith's di_ck get a stroke?"

"No, but good to see you're upping your potty-mouth vocabs girl" she said with a smile.

Kachi rolled her eyes, "It's not funny Phi, this is the third time you're showing up late for the rehearsals, at this point I just might replace you with the pianist, at least she knows the entire thing."

"Come on Kachi, I know the steps...anyway, guess who I saw close to here."

"Who?"

"Claire"

Kachi stared at her wide-eyed, "What?! What the hell is she doing here?" Kachi said. Her voice a notch higher, catching the attention of some of those standing around- Jeremy included. He shot a concerned look their way, but Phi raised her hand to him, signifying that all was well.

"No need to worry, I took care of it."

"By 'took care of it' would you by any chance mean you killed her and threw her body in the dumpster?"

"No, but I like where you're going with that"

Kachi didn't seem to find Phi's comment funny though. She was too busy thinking of Claire, what did she want from them? She looked over at Jeremy who was having a conversation with Oliver and Jim, two of his groomsmen, his eyes locked with hers when he turned toward them, he smiled at her and she returned his smile. She loved that man and no one was going to put a dent in their perfect romance, not anymore.

An idea popped into her mind and she smiled mischievously, something Phi noticed, "Ooh, what are you thinking? Would it have anything to do with a knife?"

Kachi smiled at this, "Not literally." She replied.

Phi smiled with her friend, glad that whatever thought she was having had gotten Kachi off her case for now.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by vonn(f): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
I really love the way uve been pumping us wif updates lately..
Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
"Hey man" a baritone voice spoke, breaking Donny out of his reverie.

Donny looked up to see Jeremy towering above him, "Hey" he replied, just a little surprised that Jeremy was speaking to him. He had resolved his issues with Kachi enough to be invited to the wedding and get a front-row seat, but he and Jeremy were yet to become best buddies, hell, they just barely tolerated each other.

Jeremy sat next to him and a moment of silence reigned between them both, "You know Kachi adores you" he began.

Donny gave him an odd look wondering where that came from, "I guess"

"No, she really does. In fact I don't think she can go an hour without mentioning your name...sometimes I get jealous"

Donny turned to Jeremy at this, "Why would you? You got the girl after all." As much as he wanted to sound unaffected by that fact, there was just a hint of loathing beneath the comment. He definitely hadn't gotten over Kachi just yet...well, not as much as he would prefer.

Jeremy smiled, "Yeah, you got that right." He said as though he meant to gloat-which he did, though not entirely. He coughed, "But that's not what this conversation is about"

"Really? What is it about?"

"It's about two grown men sorting out their differences for the good of the woman they both love" Jeremy replied.

Donny nodded, a bit put off by that comment, "Fine then."

"No, not fine. Let's get some things straight Donald, you don't like me, and trust me the feeling is mutual, maybe you hate me just a little more for obvious reasons, but we need to agree to be at least cordial to each other for Kachi's sake."

"I'm willing to give that a try." Donny said as he extended his hand to Jeremy.

A pleased smile popped on Jeremy's features as he accepted the handshake, "Glad we agree on something."

They both looked towards Kachi and she was grinning at them. Both men returned her smile, yes, they were definitely on the right path.

Claire stared at the piece of envelope in her hand, wondering what it contained. She rarely received mails of any sorts and so was understandably surprised to have one delivered to her this morning.

She chewed her bottom lip, she had a nagging feeling that whatever was in it would not be something she would like. Shaking off the feeling, she opened the envelope, inside was a piece of paper and what looked to be an invite.

She took out the folded piece of paper first, it was quite a brief note.

We hope you can make it

That was the only message, swallowing a hard lump, she looked into the envelope at the burgundy and gold coloured invite with the intricate design, she knew it was definitely top class material from the looks. She took it out of the envelope and almost died from the sight that greeted her; Kachi and Jeremy's wedding invite.

She flung the invite away like it was on fire. That bit_ch! That conceited, gold-digging little bit_ch! If she could get her hands on her she'd regret the day she stepped her dirty feet on this soil.

Her attention was diverted by the sound of her phone ringing, she blindly reached for it and answered without checking the ID

"Hello?"

"Did you get my invite?" A female asked from the other end.

Claire's face reddened in anger when she realised who it was, "You fuc_king cu_nt!" She raved.

"Hmm, I'm guessing that's a yes" the voice said mockingly.

Claire bit her bottom lip wishing it was Kachi's mouth she was biting- hard enough to draw blood, "I swear when I get my hands on you, I'll make you regret you ever lived, how the fu_ck did you get my number anyway?"

"That's unimportant, you never ask the right questions, do you?"

She couldn't stand the cheeriness of that voice. She was taunting her, NOBODY taunted her, "I'll kill you I swear."

"That's good to know dear. But I didn't call to ask what your dreams are about." She replied unfazed by the threat, "As much as I'd love to give you a detailed explanation on how I plan to dissect your limbs and send them off to Africa to be eaten by hyenas if I ever see you within the radius of I or Jeremy, that's not to be." The voice remained cheery, "but know that as much as I can be sweet and cute, I WILL be deadly if you cross my lane you conceited, scheming b_itch." The voice was now hard, losing all it's sweetness.

Claire scoffed, "And I'm supposed to be scared?"

"Oh no..." Cheeriness returned, "...not yet anyways, just watch your back. Hope you make it for the ceremony"

The line went dead before a scowling, mad Claire could reply. She screamed and flung her phone at the wall, the gadget falling into pieces once it came in contact with the hard surface. She absolutely HATED that bit_ch!

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by vonn(f): 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
Woah!!!!!!!!!!
My eyes are aching now from readin this story.

Safarigirl, do you want to finish the story tonight?
Re: A Christmas Party by Ladygunner(f): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
Babe,u can finish it tonight!...pls!!!...I am glued and could u please send me the link to any of your stories apart from unwanted and in memory only...tnx a lot
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 8:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
"Are you ready?" Ugo asked as he dusted a lint off Jeremy's shoulder. They were in her father's house in New York about to begin the traditional phase of their marriage. They initially wanted to skip that, but neither Kachi's father or her brothers wanted to hear of that, as the first and only daughter of the family, they insisted that it was imperative they have a proper handing over in the traditional sense. Her father, Clement, did allow that they perform the rites in the country and it was agreed that it should be pretty small and intimate.

Jeremy smiled at his refelection, he looked pretty good in the grey colored native attire, he particularly liked the silver embroidery on the neck, he could see himself wearing the shirt and pants after today, it was comfortable enough.

"I think I am." He replied his future brother-in-law.

Ugo smiled, "Good, let's go."

Phi stared at Kachi in confusion as she wondered what had her smiling so smugly. She had hd that really annoying grin on her face for hours now and she was starting to fear her best friend just might have lost her senses....maybe it's pregnancy hormones, she thought. Whatever it was though, it was freaky. She would ask her later, when her cousins weren't around.

She watched with interest as Ella, one of two female cousins she had met, tied the headgear which she was told was referred to as gele back in Nigeria. It seemed a difficult process tying it perfectly, but Ella definitely pulled it off like a pro so that it stood high upon Kachi's head. Soon, it was her turn to be attended to and again, Ella worked her magic.

"Wow, you're pretty good at this." Phi commended as she admired her reflection.

Ella smiled shyly, she was a younger version of Kachi in terms of mannerisms, she definitely hadn't spoken much the entire day, "Mumsy made me learn it when I stayed an extra year home before going to the higher institution."

Phi turned to her with a confused look on her face, "Huh?"

"Mumsy- my mum."

"Oh, okay." She replied , returning to her position and totally ignoring Kachi's mocking smile.

Fifteen minutes later, everyone was gathered in the rather large sitting room of Clement Obi. Jeremy had to admit, the man did pretty good for himself, he had been to his restaurant two days ago and it was quite an impressive place, he particularly loved the African vibe it carried, from the interior decoration to the music and of course the food. Kachi definitely failed to give her father as much props as he deserved, plus the man was much nicer than he had anticipated. He didn't smile a lot, but he was more jovial the seemed- at least to Kachi. Ugo didn't think so.

The ceremony kicked off with a little prayer by Kachi's father, after which they broke a kolanut and shared it amongst the older people present, he watched with interest as her father spoke a few words about her, occassionally cracking a joke that led to laughter or revealing a certain attitude about her Jeremy knew Kachi would be embarrassed to hear.

The next phase had Kachi stepping into the sitting room looking stunning in a nicely embroidered silver, off-shouldered top and a grey and ash checkered wrapper tied around her waist, atop her head was a silver headgear he was unfamiliar with, but he thought enhanced her pretty face even more. Just the sight of her coming out, a light smile plastered on her face as she made her way toward her father made his heart flutter and his stomach do multiple flips, oh how he loved this woman.

She knelt in front of her father, her head bowed in respect, he began by saying a prayer for her, after which he handed her a glass of wine which she was to hand over to her husband.

Jeremy watched her approach him and kneel before him, a shy smile upon her lips as she did. She handed him the cup, he accepted and drank it's contents, after which he helped her get to her feet, stood and followed her to where her father sat. His father sat two seats away from Kachi's father, a smile plastered on his face as he watched them come closer, he had cancelled a business trip to be here and Jeremy was grateful, he needed family around too, Susie couldn't make it, but he knew she wouldn't miss the white wedding for the world.

They knelt in front of Kachi's father, he lay his hands upon their heads and blessed them, after which he invited Jeremy's father to do the same, though it was just a little awkward for the older Blaire, he did.

The entire ceremony was over faster than Jeremy thought, he was relieved when the time for refreshments came.

As they socialized with the few guests, Jeremy felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned to see a guy about his height who looked a lot like Ugo, but just a little darker, without much thought, he figured this to be another of Kachi's brothers.

"Hey, I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Kachi's elder brother, Kezie." He began as he extended his hand out to him.

Jeremy took the hand and shook it, "Jeremy, it's nice to finally meet you."

Kezie nodded, "Same here, I've heard a lot about you from my siblings."

"Hope it's nothing damaging." Jeremy joked, making Kezie crack a smile.

"Oh no, in fact most have been good. Ugo thinks very highly of you, I would give you 'the talk' but I think you must have gotten it from my brother. I trust his judgment."

Jeremy smiled, "Thank you." He sighed inwardly in relief, he honestly wasn't ready for an impromptu quiz.

"You're welcome. Have fun" he walked away with that, heading towards his father who was having a chat with Jeremy's father.

Kachi watched Jeremy and Kezie from a distance sighing in relief when Kezie walked away, he was the most difficult of all three of her brothers and she was glad he didn't trouble Jeremy too much. She gave him a wink when he looked away and he shook his head with a smile.

"So, you mind telling me what had you smiling like a cheshire cat some hours ago?" Phi asked breaking into her thoughts.

Kachi turned to her and smiled as she remembered what it was that had her smiling, "Oh nothing, just made a call to a certain someone."

Phi raised a brow, "Who to?" After a brief thought she raised her brows in realisation, "Oh, oh, wow, way to go, I'm proud of you girl, some balls, finally!" Phi sighed as she raised her glass to her lips and took a sip of the cocktail in her hand

Kachi smiled, "I'll take that as a compliment"." She looked around her noticing how much everyone got along, even Donny and Jeremy were speaking to each other. She had no idea what they had said to each other, but she was glad they sorted out their issues, she couldn't have two of her favourite men in the world at odds with each other. Everything was definitely coming together now, she only hoped Claire got her message loud and clear. She had a feeling she did.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 8:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
vonn:
Woah!!!!!!!!!!
My eyes are aching now from readin this story.

Safarigirl, do you want to finish the story tonight?
yes, I'm finishing it tonight...2 more posts and I'm done
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
"What do you mean 'she changed her mind'?" Kachi raved at her oldest brother. It was just a day to her wedding and rather than having the time of her life on her Hen night, she had to deal with her family and their impromptu decisions.

"I mean 'she changed her mind', she said something came up or so and she decided to take the night flight." I.K, her eldest brother replied non-chalantly.

"But you were supposed to come with her, she doesn't know where the wedding will be holding."

IK rolled his eyes, "she's not a child Kachi, she's twenty-four, she'll find her way."

"Are you sure you didn't purposely abandon her?" Kachi knew how much of a pain-in-the-ass her cousin could be sometimes and it wouldn't be beyond IK to actually do something like that.

"If only...I swear I didn't, stop interrogating me like I'm ten, I'm seven years older than you in case you've forgotten."

Kachi sighed, "So, what do we do now?"

IK shrugged, "I don't know, just call a friend or someone to pick her up from the airport, she can at least go that far. I bet she'd even find the chapel in record time, she'll just talk some poor soul into driving her there for free."

"This isn't the time for Ada-inspired jabs..." She bit her bottom lip in thought, who could she send?, "I know someone who'll be okay with it."

"Great, see you tomorrow Mrs. Blaire, oh, and don't drink at all. Love you" IK replied and ended the call before she said anything else, he also planned to enjoy a nice, relaxing sleep before the big day tomorrow. He had skipped Jeremy's bachelor party, but he planned to get the down-low from his brothers tomorrow. It would be quite an eventful day.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Things he'd do for a friend- or more specifically, Kachi.

Donny sat in the local airport waiting for this cousin of Kachi's who was supposed to arrive in about twenty minutes. He could count the many things he could be doing right now, but she had pleaded with him and whined so much he had no other choice than to do as she asked.

He took a deep sigh as he stared at his watch, where was the darned flight? As he suled to himself, he raised his head up and saw a figure pulling along a little box and adjusting a carry-on. He knew that person.

As the figure approached, he realised it was none other than Claire, he was going to ignore her, but before he could look away, she spotted him, her frown grew deeper if that was even possible. Well I'm not ecstatic to see you either, he thought. She stomped toward him and stood in front of him like she was trying to stare him down- he didn't give her that pleasure.

"Are you running away too?" She asked.

He raised his brow in confusion, what was she talking about?, "What?"

"Are you running away too? You know they're getting married today." She noticed for the first time that he had no luggage with him, "Where's your stuff?"

He almost broke a rib laughing once he realised her meaning, "You're running away? Wow! I must say I never expected you'd cow so easily, did someone threaten you?"

She felt a little uneasy at that comment, but managed to stave it off- hopefully, before Donny noticed, she scoffed, "Me? Nobody threatens me, I'm just going on a vacation." She defended.

He arched a fine brow, "oh really? I thought you just said you were running away, now it's a vacation?"

She frowned, "What are you insinuating? It's your fault we're here, if you had just stuck to the plan..."

"Well forgive me for growing a conscience oh-mighty-schemer. You know bitterness doesn't suit anyone."

"You're one to talk, four months ago you wanted Jeremy wiped off the surface of the earth." She snapped.

"Like I said, I grew a conscience, let's hope your little vacation helps you grow one too."

She was all set to throw another retort his way when the voice of the announcer rang within the airport informing travellers of the boarding of her flight. She eyed him indignatly and huffed turning and continuing on her way. He couldn't have possibly gotten over Kachi that fast, she could bet on it.

Donny dragged his hand over his face as he sighed, Claire would never make his list of favourite people to talk to. He frowned as he remembered what had made him encounter her in the first place, had Kachi's cousin's flight been caught in the Bermuda triangle?

The announcer's voice came over the speaker again, this time, it was to announce the arrival of a flight- just the one he was waiting for. He picked up the sign Kachi had given him, looking at the name written on it for the first time- Adaora Obi, all he knew was she was dark and a talkative, no pictures whatsoever, so she would have to find him.

Ten minutes later, a steady influx of travellers streamed into the 'Arrivals' terminal. He stood up and raised the sign, looking for any dark females, most passed him by and it was starting to look like she must have missed the flight when only few people filtered in, he would be so pissed if his wait was futile.

Just as he was about to take out his phone and call Kachi, he heard a husky female voice say, "You're not IK."

The first thing that came to his mind was how hot the voice was, when he looked up at her, the second thought was that the owner was even hotter, the third was how he was going to get her name and number, and finally, SHE was the cousin.

The woman was looking up at him questioningly, her enchanting eyes were the lightest shade of brown that gave a delicious contrast to her smooth, dark skin and were framed by long, thick lashes. Her oval-shaped face was pretty with a cute little button nose and small, pouty lips a darker shade of pink. She was tall, much taller than Kachi and almost as tall as he was, he guessed she should be around 5"11'. She was quite slender, the purple knee-high shorts she wore showing off a pair of long, toned legs, she had on a nice pair of grey sneakers, the same colour as the fitted shirt she was wearing with the inscription, "Bite Me" written boldly on it.

Oh how he'd love to bite her and nibble on her just so he could discover if she tasted as delicious as she looked. He was broken out of his thoughts when he noticed her small hand waving in his face.

"Are you still with us?" She asked, now looking more concerned than confused.

He smiled sheepishly, "I guess you're Ada-ora?" He asked, hoping he pronounced the name right.

She smiled, "Actually it's pronounced "Adorer" like to adore something." She corrected.

She was definitely worth adoration, her cute smile sealed the deal for him. He wanted her like he wanted to breathe, the last time he had felt an attraction this instant for aomeone else was....he was so caught under the spell of this family.

"IK couldn't make it. Kachi asked me to come pick you up." He replied, hopefull without drooling.

She shook her head, "Will that one ever make it?" She asked, apparently referring to IK, "What's your name?"

"Donald, but everyone calls me Donny."

A knowing smile lit up her beautiful face, "Oh so you're Donny? I've hears about you. Kachi never said you were this fine." She said almost thoughtfully.

Donny turned crimson, he shrugged like her compliment hadn't made him wish he could do a little cha-cha, "Maybe she forgot to mention that."

"Aww, how cute, you're blushing." She gushed.

Donny wished he could scurry under a counter and hide, she didn't go easy with the compliments this one, she definitely wasn't like Kachi character-wise. He got a feeling he would enjoy her company a lot.

"I like your eyes."

"Thanks, I think you have beautiful eyes too." He commented. Lord, talk about third-grade, elementary school corny. Did that really come out of his mouth.

She laughed heartily, one more thing he knew he was going to love about her, "You're so cute. Come on, we better start going, I have a feeling Kachi will have my head once she sees me." She said as she wove her arm into his, "I hope you're not a serial killer who's killed IK and plans to rape and then kill me." She asked.

He suddenly went still, where did that come from? He wondered. He did want to do something with her that involved a bed and naked bodies, but it was going to be consensual, "No, I swear, no" he replied.

She laughed at his uneasiness, "Just joking around."

He smiled in relief. As they walked towards the scanner, he noticed she only had a medium sized carry-on bag, she didn't plan to stay much longer than the wedding apparently. Well, he was going to have to make the best use of whatever time she had here.

*THIS IS THE END*

3 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Okay guys, now that I'm through with the story, should I put up pictures of the characters?
Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
safarigirl:
Okay guys, now that I'm through with the story, should I put up pictures of the characters?
Yes,please do

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by Ladygunner(f): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ngwa,dont tell me vz story is finished!..choi!....Babe,u are good!....a ba of talent..datz what you are...keep it up!
Re: A Christmas Party by vonn(f): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
YESSOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Christmas Party by vonn(f): 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ladygunner:
Ngwa,dont tell me vz story is finished!..choi!....Babe,u are good!....a ba of talent..datz what you are...keep it up!

Seriously....
Avnt read a wow story like this in...AGES!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Christmas Party by vonn(f): 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
Safarigirl

Abeg

Abeg

Abeg!!!!

Continue with the other stories.....

ESPECIALLY

In Memory Only.
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2014

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Christmas Party by Ice4jez(m): 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
Whats the garantee say this story wont be like the other one.
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ice4jez:
Whats the garantee say this story wont be like the other one.
I've finished this story
Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
pls u need to update the unwanted too,i must read it tomorrow o cuz its a sin to say no to a birthday gal...happibirthdaytomeinadvance

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by bellefidel(f): 11:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
abeg I prefer keith to jeremy and donny..........but nne eh phiI Fine no be small<niJa girls no dey carry last oh)
Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thank you Safarigirl...perfect romantic tale. I just love it. kiss

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
And those characters? Just perfect! Keith and Jeremy and Ugo are screaming "sexy" in bold letters. Adora,phi and my girl kachi? flawlessly beautiful. Donny try small sha...lolz

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 12:06am On Dec 13, 2014
Jennimma:
And those characters? Just perfect! Keith and Jeremy and Ugo are screaming "sexy" in bold letters. Adora,phi and my girl kachi? flawlessly beautiful. Donny try small sha...lolz
this beef that you're beefing Donny, diaris Godu o cry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare / I Am Embarrassed To Share The Same National Space With Some Imbeciles -soyinka / Once Upon A Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.