Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate (1046 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
I finished serving June 2013 and I searched for jobs till August 2014 no luck. I became the key keeper in my compound. One day luck smiled at me( or so I thought) and my pastor's wife asked me to apply to the school she works as they needed teachers. I was so happy and I did so. She(my pastor's wife) called when the Director came, I was interview. I applied as a Literature teacher, but was told I would have to teach English too (Junior class) along with Literature senior class I agreed.
They(Director and Proprietress) asked me to start. I worked 4 one week and they didn't talk about Salary negotiation. I stopped going(that was during ebola period) and they called me back. We talk and Oh My God!!! The Salary was N18,000. I was like "what?" They said that is what the pay graduates. I was shocked but I just couldn't stay home anymore, so I calculated and I could save up to 7,000 a month and I agreed. When school resumed on oct 6th, I was told I will be Jss1 Form Teacher, I agreed cos I was familiar with the work( I did it when I was Serving). The Next thing I was taking Literature Jss1-Ss3, English Jss1-Ss3 wow! And the came up with Home Economics again, I told them I rather quit.
Now the annoying part of it all is that they Paid our oct salary on the 15th of Nov. They r still owing some Teachers(all graduates) since Sept salaries. Now we ain't sure they will pay Nov Salary by Next week, if they don't, then it will be on the 3rd week of Dec(cos they both pastors in RCCG so they will be going for their convention on the 8th of Dec). So what now happens to Dec Salary?
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by kestolove95(m): 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
dec salary will b paid by jan.
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 27, 2014
Hmmmm! Not good. If we r susposed to deal with such load. We should be paid in time. I am writing leason note for all the classes. Teaching 32 periods a week. Setting 60 questions for each class. Hmmm
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2014
I hope you have been submitting your CV to other establishment my dear? A new year is around the corner, I pray you get a good job pretty soon. Fortune Favours the Brave!
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by hybridtm(m): 12:17am On Nov 27, 2014
If i dey read all dis kind stories...to read for sch go just tire me..wetin b use of all dis nite class self
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by martyns303(m): 12:26am On Nov 27, 2014
N18K a month and ur still able to save N7K? Please how do u manage, cos with N100K+ seems it's not enough.
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 27, 2014
martyns303:
N18K a month and ur still able to save N7K? Please how do u manage, cos with N100K+ seems it's not enough.
Tithe/offering-2,000
Saving- 7,000
Feeding,5,000
Making of Hair/ recharge card-4,000
That's it

1 Like

Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 27, 2014
hybridtm:
If i dey read all dis kind stories...to read for sch go just tire me..wetin b use of all dis nite class self
Swedy 9 graduates as Teachers in the Secondary school all earning the same amount with me. Lol
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 27, 2014
modelmike7:
I hope you have been submitting your CV to other establishment my dear? A new year is around the corner, I pray you get a good job pretty soon. Fortune Favours the Brave!
Yes I am. Thanks I appreciate
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by luvola(m): 12:47am On Nov 27, 2014
Rityben:

Yes I am. Thanks I appreciate
This is why I hate school work... I will rather do business than take up a school teaching job..
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by martyns303(m): 6:49am On Nov 27, 2014
Rityben:

Tithe/offering-2,000
Saving- 7,000
Feeding,5,000
Making of Hair/ recharge card-4,000
That's it

You just shamed me, so out of ur 18K ur still able to pay tithe, God have mercy on me. May God bless the fruit of ur labour.

Feeding on 5K a month? How do u do it?
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 27, 2014
Rityben:
I finished serving June 2013 and I searched for jobs till August 2014 no luck. I became the key keeper in my compound. One day luck smiled at me( or so I thought) and my pastor's wife asked me to apply to the school she works as they needed teachers. I was so happy and I did so. She(my pastor's wife) called when the Director came, I was interview. I applied as a Literature teacher, but was told I would have to teach English too (Junior class) along with Literature senior class I agreed.
They(Director and Proprietress) asked me to start. I worked 4 one week and they didn't talk about Salary negotiation. I stopped going(that was during ebola period) and they called me back. We talk and Oh My God!!! The Salary was N18,000. I was like "what?" They said that is what the pay graduates. I was shocked but I just couldn't stay home anymore, so I calculated and I could save up to 7,000 a month and I agreed. When school resumed on oct 6th, I was told I will be Jss1 Form Teacher, I agreed cos I was familiar with the work( I did it when I was Serving). The Next thing I was taking Literature Jss1-Ss3, English Jss1-Ss3 wow! And the came up with Home Economics again, I told them I rather quit.
Now the annoying part of it all is that they Paid our oct salary on the 15th of Nov. They r still owing some Teachers(all graduates) since Sept salaries. Now we ain't sure they will pay Nov Salary by Next week, if they don't, then it will be on the 3rd week of Dec(cos they both pastors in RCCG so they will be going for their convention on the 8th of Dec). So what now happens to Dec Salary?
You were interview.... you teach English Language and literature? Chai.
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 27, 2014
martyns303:

You just shamed me, so out of ur 18K ur still able to pay tithe, God have mercy on me. May God bless the fruit of ur labour.

Maga dey plus no housing.
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Wisepac: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2014
man no fit do dis kind work coz he go pay house rent, feed families and also pay children school fees. God go help u find gud job, Just keep praying.

this Why I preferred France than naija
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2014
Wisepac:
man no fit do dis kind work coz he go pay house rent, feed families and also pay children school fees. God go help u find gud job, Just keep praying.

this Why I preferred France than naija
Lol the principal receives 20,000, a family man with kids. The women in Nursey section 15,000-8,000
I think I should join u in France
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2014
ferdimako:

Maga dey plus no housing.
7k for one year should pay for accomadation(or so I thought). Which one be maga?
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2014
martyns303:

My dear its not easy, but I know it won't always be like this.
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
Wow! I'm speechless! The pay is not good at all....too bad!
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Sodiq3(m): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
It's Everywhere my dear but permit me to ask the following questions.

what course did you read and what class of grade did you graduate with?
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
Theatre Arts. 2:2
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
They school authority has decided to pay Half salary for December, so am working 4 9,000 this month. So painful. But am leaving them. Nxt year. I rather stay at home. But I know I won't stay at home sha

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!!! / Federal Ministry Of Education 2015 Scholarship For Students-apply Now / Best Universities To Study Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.