Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,744 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads (828 Views)

First Bank Mastercard For Facebook Ads / Cheap Unlimited Facebook Ads / The Best Way To Make ₦50,000 Per Week Via Facebook Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by mcvize(m): 3:40am On Nov 27, 2014
for instance you have $200 to run your new facebookpage for your new lunched small business how will you spend the money? as your opinion and recomedation will go along way.
Re: What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by NaLaugh: 7:45am On Nov 27, 2014
mcvize:
for instance you have $200 to run your new facebookpage for your new lunched small business how will you spend the money? as your opinion and recomedation will go along way.

It depends on what you hope to achieve.

Facebook lets you optimize for "likes" on your page, or just "impressions."

However, Facebook has drastically become less effective in reaching your "fans."

I'll give you an example:

I spent about $600 on one of my site's Facebook "likes" campaign.
It ended up with about 5k likes in about 4 months or so, running at $5 a day.

Now, here is where it gets interesting:
The page currently has about 5,500 likes. HOWEVER, with each post, the post is delivered to about 15 - 40 people.

I'll say that again. Out of 5,500 REAL people, Facebook shows the Page posts to 15 - 40 people.

This is the unfortunate reality of Facebook. Their new delivery algorithm is designed to serve your posts to about 1% of your fan base.

e.g If your page has 100K likes, then the organic reach will be about 100 people. This may go up slightly if those 100 people like, share, comment etc.

The reason for this, is not a limitation in the technology, but just pure capitalism at play.

Facebook says, hey, pay us money, so we will tell people to like your page, and you can engage with your target audience.

Once you do that, and have amassed some audience, they return and say - hey, you actually need to also pay us in order to speak with these people. That is where the "Boost post" button comes in.

Getting a ton of folks to like your page is one thing, getting them to see your posts is another.

Verdict: It is a waste of money, EXCEPT you have a high converting service/product or something. Or you're simply trying to build a presence for your brand.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by Booty4me: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
NaLaugh:

However, Facebook has drastically become less effective in reaching your "fans."

The page currently has about 5,500 likes. HOWEVER, with each post, the post is delivered to about 15 - 40 people.

I'll say that again. Out of 5,500 REAL people, Facebook shows the Page posts to 15 - 40 people.

This is the unfortunate reality of Facebook. Their new delivery algorithm is designed to serve your posts to about 1% of your fan base.

e.g If your page has 100K likes, then the organic reach will be about 100 people. This may go up slightly if those 100 people like, share, comment etc.

The reason for this, is not a limitation in the technology, but just pure capitalism at play.

Facebook says, hey, pay us money, so we will tell people to like your page, and you can engage with your target audience.

Once you do that, and have amassed some audience, they return and say - hey, you actually need to also pay us in order to speak with these people. That is where the "Boost post" button comes in.

Getting a ton of folks to like your page is one thing, getting them to see your posts is another.

Verdict: It is a waste of money, EXCEPT you have a high converting service/product or something. Or you're simply trying to build a presence for your brand.

Good luck

Oh no huge loss
Re: What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by NaLaugh: 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
Booty4me:

Oh no huge loss

??
Re: What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by mcvize(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
NaLaugh:

??
Wow this is something else...I need prepare be that
Re: What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by iykepromotions: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
NaLaugh:

This is the unfortunate reality of Facebook. Their new delivery algorithm
you said it all, am a witness. but what's the best way to advertise now cause i have a great service to nigerians and need a platform to advertise to millions of nigerians . my signature explains more. thanks
Re: What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 30, 2014
Well, facebook ad has been the best for me. It is all about mastering some tricks and knowing how the realy stuffs work.

I have an ebook that will teach you how to get 10000 views per $1.
Re: What's Your Recomendation On Facebook Ads by mcvize(m): 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
I have an ebook that will teach you how to get 10000 views per $1. [/quote]
tell me how can I get the ebook I need it

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas / Be Made In 2015 / Audit Reports In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.