Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro (9367 Views)

ICPC Interrogates Fmr IGP Mike Okiro, Others Over N275.5m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by NextIG(m): 7:56am On Nov 27, 2014
Omoyele Sowore, publisher of Sahara Reporters online news portal may have landed pat in the centre of a rape scandal.

Though the alleged act is believed to have been dug up from the writer’s past but the players and circumstances of the alleged crime are such that cannot easily be brushed off.

Former Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro recently in a forum, made a pronouncement that Omoyele Sowore of the Sahara Reporters was once arrested for rape.

The statement made by the former police chief has since become a subject of discussion and controversy and merely heard in small talks among a section of the news media.

Okiro alleged that Omoyele Sowore had raped a UNILAG female student who’s now married with two kids. “I arrested him when I was Surulere Area Commander of the Nigeria Police. I prosecuted him and he jumped bail”, said Mike Okiro, former Inspector General of Nigeria Police?

Okiro actually gave a graphical detail of the crime, the circumstances and the state of the victim at the time.

Brick bats have been flung back and forth over this revelation. As the controversy rages, some have hinted that Okiro’s revelation was belated and smacks of corruption, others allege that Okiro must have been privy to Sowore’s bail-jumping stunt, while yet another segment insist that politics or not, a criminal must face justice no matter how long ago the crime was committed.

So far, Sowore has neither affirmed Okiro’s pronouncement nor denied it, thus making further speculations and controversies, rife.

http://crimefacts.org/i-arrested-sahara-reporters-omoyele-sowore-for-rape-but-he-jumped-bail-says-ex-igp-mike-okiro/

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by leonard509(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2014
Jic
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Alfred200825(m): 8:01am On Nov 27, 2014
So na rape scandal na PDP wan take close e mouth since 2015 is around the corner.

32 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2014
i said it.I always knew they was something fishy about the sowore dude.The next one to beam searchlight on is that Omojuwa dude

7 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Gbawe2: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2014
Sowore really is a thorn in their flesh. Continue to do your thing Sir and leave others to their 'Nollywood' tales.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Gbawe2: 8:04am On Nov 27, 2014
Alfred200825:
So na rape scandal na PDP wan take close e mouth since 2015 is around the corner.

Bros, Sowore is untouchable and they are merely wasting their own time. I would imagine that antics like this only spur him on to be more dedicated and focused on his work.

24 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by donmalcolm21(m): 8:05am On Nov 27, 2014
Sowore is a rapist, I want that eediot to be in jail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Pangea: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2014
Lol
A textbook method of trying to silence a crusader!
You guys surely learnt well from the Julian Assange affair!

19 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by holatin(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2014
hmmmmmm anyone caught in the middle of this election will be the sacrificial lamb.
manipulative method

7 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by johnmartus(m): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2014
Please oga police what this one got to do with our present situation. Hypocrite

19 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by johnmartus(m): 8:30am On Nov 27, 2014
Please oga police what this one got to do with our present situation. Hypocrites seeking for attention

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by LeOstrich: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2014
Sowore is an immoral being. This r@pe revelation is not surprising at all.
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by lilbabyak(m): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2014
We all have a past

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Firefire(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2014
Okiro alleged that Omoyele Sowore had raped a UNILAG female student who’s now married with two kids. “I arrested him when I was Surulere Area Commander of the Nigeria Police. I prosecuted him and he jumped bail”, said Mike Okiro, former Inspector General of Nigeria Police?

Omoyele Sowore a rapist shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

But why Omoyele, why

8 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Pataki: 8:36am On Nov 27, 2014
Clear indication that this Sowore dude is surely a nightmare unto this corrupt clueless government.

Continue to do your thing Mr. Sowore. I still remember how you dealt with that FG Minister in New York during the fuel subsidy palava.

Great man, great future lies ahead of you.

27 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by akoraye(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2014
this olopa should go and sit somewhere! he is looking for relevance! Mr. Journalist, ride on joooor!

18 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by LeOstrich: 8:37am On Nov 27, 2014
Gbawe2:
Sowore really is a thorn in their flesh. Continue to do your thing Sir and leave others to their 'Nollywood' tales.

The next time he sets foot in Nigeria he will be arrested for jumping bail and subsequently re arraigned in court on charges of r@pe.

6 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by LeOstrich: 8:38am On Nov 27, 2014
akoraye:
this olopa should go and sit somewhere! he is looking for relevance! Mr. Journalist, ride on joooor!

No. It shows the kind of character masquerading as a civil rights campaigner for good governance Sowore is.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by aboy247: 8:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Rapist ke
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Firefire(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by LeOstrich: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2014
lilbabyak:
We all have a past

Did you r@pe someone in your past life?

Do you expect the victim of your lust to forget the incidence based that it is in the past?

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by RockMaxi: 8:58am On Nov 27, 2014
chukwudi44:
i said it.I always knew they was something fishy about the sowore dude.The next one to beam searchlight on is that Omojuwa dude

See them they will do anything possible to stop anyone that brings their secrets to light. embarassed
They prefer keeping this nation in darkness than for anyone to speak against them.
"Let him that committed no sin be the first to cast a stone"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 27, 2014
* "President Jonathan has no hands in Rivers State crisis" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in Edo State crisis" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in Ekiti State crisis" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in National Assembly crisis" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in Nigeria Governors Forum crisis" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in Stella Oduah cash - for - cars scandal" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in the missing 20 billion dollars" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in the stolen 2.6 trillion naira subsidy funds in 2011" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in the security crisis in northern Nigeria" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands in the PDP crisis" - News * "President Jonathan has no hands in the pension funds scandal" - News *

"President Jonathan has no hands....." - News

‪#‎WHERE‬ ARE HIS HANDS? WE NEED SOMEBODY WITH HANDS TO WORK AND SECURE NIGERIA! VOTE WISELY IN 2015! VOTE FOR SOMEONE WITH HANDS AND BRAINS!

27 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by gratiaeo(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2014
It doesn't matter if it was committed 1000 years ago. A rapist is a rapist and must face the charge one day.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Descartes: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2014
If found guilty of rape, he should be prosecuted cool

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Descartes: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Which tribe is Sowore again? undecided

It seems from the usual tribe well-known for such act lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Descartes: 9:22am On Nov 27, 2014
Okiro alleged that Omoyele Sowore had raped a UNILAG female student who’s now married with two kids. “I arrested him when I was Surulere Area Commander of the Nigeria Police. I prosecuted him and he jumped bail”, said Mike Okiro, former Inspector General of Nigeria Police?-Mike Okiro shocked shocked shocked
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Descartes: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2014
Sahara Reporters a rapist media house cheesy

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by seunmsg(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2014
Shame on Okiro, police force and PDP. Sowore will continue to expose the rot in this govt and theirs nothing you people can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2014
dumbfounded!!!
he is a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Rogers210(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2014
Anyways, if he truly committed the said crime, then he should be made to face the music. Being a crusader of some sort doesn't mean he cannot be jailed. I mean imprisoned.
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Descartes: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2014
Are we not on Frontpage yet? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad / BVAS: Adamu Says APC Is Not Opposed To New Electoral Technologies / Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.