Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,490 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

The Next President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Next President Of Nigeria (1903 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
1. I have alway wondered why we are still so tribalistic in Nigeria. I understand why PDP for example will put GEJ as a preferred candidate, he is incumbent. And in most places in the world, the parties think selling an incumbent president is as easy as ABC, performance or not. What I don't get is why the citizens have to vote for the said incumbent without satisfaction of his performance?

2. I also do not understand the reason why the opposition who keeps telling us that the incumbent is tribalistic have to also go tribalistic with their preferred choice of candidate giving current reality. NL'ders please answer

3. Everybody knows that the problem with Nigeria is too complex, that sitting with a third eye in our bedrooms, in the beer joint, in the office etc we can't even proffer workable solutions. It is difficult to fartom how this problems can be solved. I challenge N'lander to post solution to all our problems bit by bit instead of posting insults and complains.

4. In this light, we can all agree that we need extraordinary leaders to solve our problems. To vote properly as citizens, we need to hear people with extraordinary plans that are workable. We need to ask our leaders or leaders to be how they are going to solve our issues, from Power to corruption to bad roads etc. We do not want to hear the cliche that I will stop corruption. The deal here is how will you stop corruption, how will you diversify our economy. What are the details?

5. Brazil with almost the same population as Nigeria has a budget of 980 billion Dollars, guess what's Nigerian budget, more than 10 times less. Which leader will harness effectively harness our potential? Even if we stop the looting of the money we currently have, we would still be in a mess. We need to create more products in this country. We need to start thinking outside the box

6. We are in a conundrum. I say this because 70 percent of the people that will vote do not understand this problems. Bag of rice and clean stove is enough to sway their votes. Another 15 percent understand, but are to blinded by emotions. Tribal and/or religious sentiments. The remaining 15 percent would not be bothered and not vote. So who will move us forward? Again, it only has to be an extraordinary leader devoid of tribal sentiment, that will first of all educate the 70% such that they can understand current reality, eliminate all forms of -isms tribal, racial, sexism, and so on.

7. We have to succeed. We alone have to bring ourselves up. The West and the East naturally do not want us to succeed. They will naturally want to keep us perpetually poor , so we continue to be at their mercy. Japan broke loose along time ago. China just broke loose, Brazil is breaking loose. What are we waiting for? Old and senile leaders? Vision less leaders.

9. My dear youth our issues are systematic. lets us debate systematic solutions to our problem. Let's us look for leaders that can deliver. Our destiny is in our hands

10. From all this, I would love all of you to post your preferred president of this country Nigeria devoid of tribal and religious sentiments. Moderators, please support threads of N'landers that proffer solutions to the issues facing our dear country and not only Mr Nairaland or Miss Nairaland.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
So true

2 Likes

Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nigeria is 62 on that list with just 32 Billion USD

http://www.photius.com/rankings/economy/budget_expenditures_2012_0.html

Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by acenazt: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
Vote O.P.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by kenrish2(m): 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
for now there is no solution for Nigeria, becos all d Presidential candidates are all corrupt, so I advise all my fellow Nigerians to hang on in this trying tyms, look 4 a good way to help yourself live above poverty your future and success is in your hands, looking at the mentality of those in government u know DAT all they think about is their immediate family an to enrich themselves.

remember to stay safe so u don't fall Vitim of boko haram or ritualist becos tins are really getn nasty out here
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
kenrish2:
for now there is no solution for Nigeria, becos all d Presidential candidates are all corrupt, so I advise all my fellow Nigerians to hang on in this trying tyms, look 4 a good way to help yourself live above poverty your future and success is in your hands, looking at the mentality of those in government u know DAT all they think about is their immediate family an to enrich themselves.

remember to stay safe so u don't fall Vitim of boko haram or ritualist becos tins are really getn nasty out here

That's the mentality our leaders have too. Jonathan, I bet you is probably better and less corrupt than most of us. The system just can't make him function. We need someone who can outsmart the system and deliver.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by chamboy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
gohome:

That's the mentality our leaders have too. Jonathan, I bet you is better and less corrupt than most of us. The system just can't make him function. We need someone who can outsmart the system and deliver.
am highly disappointed in U Sir, how would Jonathan b less corrupt. I hate dis angry

2 Likes

Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
chamboy:
am highly disappointed in U Sir, how would Jonathan b less corrupt. I hate dis angry

I am so sorry to disappoint you sir
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by chamboy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
gohome:

I am so sorry to disappoint you sir
ur Opinion tho, I would play my part by Voting One who is beta
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by Sultan5(m): 8:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
My question is wat do u guys want frm dis country? Wat do u wnt? If u dont no u beta start 2 find out b4 u r found out.
Y do u guys kip on waiting for sum1 2 cum n change dis country. SA wil nt b wer she is now if Mandela had wait for sum1 2 save his country.

So again i ask wat do u wnt? If u hv bin able to corrolate a feasible ans 2 dis quest den i wil ask u another
Wat r u willin 2 do 2 get it?

Many pple hv bin waitin, hopin, cryin, beggin 4 change since 1999 bt dey hv nt lift a finger 2 do anytin. We r al waitin 4 a Messiah. Again if Mandela hv waited for a Messiah wer do u tink SA wil b now.

The op ask us 2 profer solu 2 Nigeria's problem. This country's prob is the pple. In as much as we cry 4 change we have don nth 2 c it bcum a reality. Change wil only cum wen u work 4 it. This country wil b dis way if nt even worse wen u die if u dnt do sumtin, anytin 2 bring change. I wnt 2 c d youth cum 2geda n put out a geniue presidential cand. Instead of managin d 1s u c.

Lastly al dis i hv spoken wil mean nth if u dont realy wnt change. They r pple wo cry 4 change bt dey wil nt do anytin bcuz dis status quo suits dem e.g OBJ. While some r just 2 lazy or cowardly 2 even try.

1 last time i ask wat do u wnt frm Nigeria? Or wat do u wnt Nigeria to be? N r u willin to go all out to make it happen? If nt den SHUT UP cuz u dont want change
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by chamboy(m): 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sultan5:
My question is wat do u guys want frm dis country? Wat do u wnt? If u dont no u beta start 2 find out b4 u r found out.
Y do u guys kip on waiting for sum1 2 cum n change dis country. SA wil nt b wer she is now if Mandela had wait for sum1 2 save his country.

So again i ask wat do u wnt? If u hv bin able to corrolate a feasible ans 2 dis quest den i wil ask u another
Wat r u willin 2 do 2 get it?

Many pple hv bin waitin, hopin, cryin, beggin 4 change since 1999 bt dey hv nt lift a finger 2 do anytin. We r al waitin 4 a Messiah. Again if Mandela hv waited for a Messiah wer do u tink SA wil b now.

The op ask us 2 profer solu 2 Nigeria's problem. This country's prob is the pple. In as much as we cry 4 change we have don nth 2 c it bcum a reality. Change wil only cum wen u work 4 it. This country wil b dis way if nt even worse wen u die if u dnt do sumtin, anytin 2 bring change. I wnt 2 c d youth cum 2geda n put out a geniue presidential cand. Instead of managin d 1s u c.

Lastly al dis i hv spoken wil mean nth if u dont realy wnt change. They r pple wo cry 4 change bt dey wil nt do anytin bcuz dis status quo suits dem e.g OBJ. While some r just 2 lazy or cowardly 2 even try.

1 last time i ask wat do u wnt frm Nigeria? Or wat do u wnt Nigeria to be? N r u willin to go all out to make it happen? If nt den SHUT UP cuz u dont want change
Thnk U sir, Am taking that step to Change by Voting Buhari, Buhari would serve as a Benchmark to Promising Honest People...

1 Like

Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by Collynzo9: 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
OP, regarding you Brazil comparison, that country is almost 10 times bigger than ours in size, the fact that we have almost the same population with them shows that something is wrong.
When we say Nigeria is overpopulated people argue.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by kenrish2(m): 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
gohome:

That's the mentality our leaders have too. Jonathan, I bet you is probably better and less corrupt than most of us. The system just can't make him function. We need someone who can outsmart the system and deliver.

u are very correct but d problem is this, even if a good candidate that can outsmart d system comes along tribalism an godfatherism will not allow him win election anyway there is still hope if not now maybe few years to come
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 12:24am On Nov 28, 2014
chamboy:
Thnk U sir, Am taking that step to Change by Voting Buhari, Buhari would serve as a Benchmark to Promising Honest People...

Is Buhari your best bet? What will he change? What are his qualities. How creative is he? Is he full of ideas? Is he a sure bet? Have you read his mission statement? If yes, what are the details? Don't we have better people in his party?

Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by chamboy(m): 3:29am On Nov 28, 2014
gohome:

Is Buhari your best bet? What will he change? What are his qualities. How creative is he? Is he full of ideas? Is he a sure bet? Have you read his mission statement? If yes, what are the details? Don't we have better people in his party?
The problem with us is we don't know the functions of a president. Go check js roadmap while in CPC. And below are the Major Functions of A President

Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by chamboy(m): 4:21am On Nov 28, 2014
In troubling times like this we need not words that dis-unite us as a nation
but words that unite us for a common goal,posted by a facebook user Faruk lawal
I couldn't help but repost it here....

Mubi,the biggest commercial town in Adamawa state, was thrown into chaos the day
Boko Haram descended on them and the people found themselves running for their lives.
The terrorists shot sporadically, killing a lot of people while those who could escape
jumped into any available car to run to safety.
Christians,Muslims, Igbos, Yorubas, Tivs, Hausas and any tribe or religion,
jumped onto any vehicle that was headed outside the town.
Soldiers scampered onto trucks with civilians, begging to be saved,
hundreds of people who could not get a vehicle ran into the hills.
In their frantic effort to stay alive, no one paid attention to anybody's religion
or ethnicity before asking them for help or helping them to stay alive.
It was a community of people, united by their desire to
escape the common enemy that hunted them all without discrimination.
Ethnicity and religion vanished, all they were left with was their humanity. Those climbing the hills stayed
together, helping one another stay on their feet
as they all tried to survive.

The most interesting part of the narrative is that
the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Badeh is from the same town of Mubi.
It has been reported that few hours before the attack, helicopters flew in and evacuated his family
members from the town. The chief of Defence staff by the way,
is the most senior military officer in Nigeria and he controls the army, navy and air force. Before that sad day,
someone from Mubi would have boasted that
the Chief of Defence Staff is from their home town.
But on the day that it mattered the most, he
evacuated only his family members and abandoned everyone else to their fate.
It means he had information of the Impending attack and
as the most senior military commander,
he did not fly into the town to lead his men to battle to defend his community.
He quietly saved only his family and left even
the soldiers without an inspiring commander to
motivate them to engage the terrorists and defend his community.

One lesson all Nigerians must learn from this
story is that as a people, all we have is our neighbours. When you need some help at home,
you knock on the door of your neighbour. The president, governor, senator or minister is not
there to help you. Why then should you continue
to fight your neighbour because of a man or
woman who cares only about his own family?
Our elites may deceive us about sharing the same religion or ethnicity with us,
but time and again, they have proven that they do not care.
We have been fools, killing one another on the
basis of religion and ethnicity while they stay
united across all the divides and plunder our wealth.

The time has come for us to rise, educate one another and unite to fight our biggest common enemy.
The politicians are our enemies and not the poor struggling men and women in our neighbourhoods.
What now will the people of Mubi boast about as
the gain of having their son as the chief of Defence Staff? If you go to Otueke where Jonathan comes from, there are many people
who live in excruciating poverty!
There is still a lot of poverty and suffering in the home towns of all our governors, ministers,
parliamentarians and former presidents, while they and their families live in scandalous affluence.
The minister of petroleum spent over 10 billion Naira on a private jet. That money can end the poverty of several communities in her state.
Stella Oduah bought two cars with 120 million Naira while there are people in her home town
who can't afford 500 Naira to feed their family in a day.
The time to throw away the sentiments is now!
Support only a man or woman who has a just
heart and will serve everyone and every community regardless of if they come from there
or not. The moment anyone begins to talk to
you about religion or ethnicity, reject him.

summarily!
We need leaders who will unite us because our shared humanity is greater than any differences between us.
And if someone does something wrong or fails in governance, do not support them simply because they're your own.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 7:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Collynzo9:
OP, regarding you Brazil comparison, that country is almost 10 times bigger than ours in size, the fact that we have almost the same population with them shows that something is wrong.
When we say Nigeria is overpopulated people argue.

I disagree with you. if we channel our resources well. we can all be perfectly comfortable. not necessarily rich in money.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by Collynzo9: 8:02am On Nov 28, 2014
gnykelly:

I disagree with you. if we channel our resources well. we can all be perfectly comfortable. not necessarily rich in money.
Nigeria is overpopulated, the earlier you guys accept it and start discussing family planning and birth control, the better.
What resources do we even have when compared to our population? Dodging the issue all the time, blaming corruption and mismanagement will not solve anything. All those vices are product of overpopulation and the consequent competition and greed that comes with it.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 8:19am On Nov 28, 2014
chamboy:
The problem with us is we don't know the functions of a president. Go check js roadmap while in CPC. And below are the Major Functions of A President

If this is only want you want for a president, I am sorry I am not interested. What you stated is a figure head. It works in a system that is on auto run. If a goat is a PM of the UK, things will work. Nigeria is not the same. We are in a total state of anarchy. I need an intelligent president who can systematically dissect our problems and solve them. No more vague talk, no more guessing and hoping. We need the details. How are you going to solve our problems. What's exactly is to be done.

In the 80s, Buhari was the elite, GEJ was the masses, stack poor. Today, the stack poor is president and helpless with no clear directions and the elite claims he can change things without any clear mission statement?

My brother, no more sentiments, we voted OBJ out of sentiment, nothing happened, we voted GEJ out of sentiment, nothing happened, and now you want me to vote Buhari out of sentiment? You have to try harder

2 Likes

Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2014
Collynzo9:
Nigeria is overpopulated, the earlier you guys accept it and start discussing family planning and birth control, the better.
What resources do we even have when compared to our population? Dodging the issue all the time, blaming corruption and mismanagement will not solve anything. All those vices are product of overpopulation and the consequent competition and greed that comes with it.

I'm sorry for this I believe you live In lagos .naija is not overpopulated. and yes we have more than enough resources.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by lilflipnerd: 10:18am On Nov 28, 2014
gohome:

If this is only want you want for a president, I am sorry I am not interested. What you stated is a figure head. It works in a system that is on auto run. If a goat is a PM of the UK, things will work. Nigeria is not the same. We are in a total state of anarchy. I need an intelligent president who can systematically dissect our problems and solve them. No more vague talk, no more guessing and hoping. We need the details. How are you going to solve our problems. What's exactly is to be done.

In the 80s, Buhari was the elite, GEJ was the masses, stack poor. Today, the stack poor is president and helpless with no clear directions and the elite claims he can change things without any clear mission statement?

My brother, no more sentiments, we voted OBJ out of sentiment, nothing happened, we voted GEJ out of sentiment, nothing happened, and now you want me to vote Buhari out of sentiment? You have to try harder
UK is not nigeria's mate... We are Undeveloped Country.... UK is Developed Country.. Forget The Past Electorates and Try n Compare and Contrast the Present ones without sentiments who is the best
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
lilflipnerd:
UK is not nigeria's mate... We are Undeveloped Country.... UK is Developed Country.. Forget The Past Electorates and Try n Compare and Contrast the Present ones without sentiments who is the best

Who are the present electorates? And who is best.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by lilflipnerd: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
gohome:

Who are the present electorates? And who is best.
Go n pick ur own best.
Re: The Next President Of Nigeria by gohome: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
lilflipnerd:
Go n pick ur own best.

Okay

(1) (Reply)

The Most Iconic Photos Of The 1960s / Daily Prayers For President GEJ And Team GEJ 2015 / Yoruba People Won’t Vote Buhari Because We Don’t Trust Fulani People. - Opc's Ga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.