Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

I Think I'm Depressed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think I'm Depressed (6069 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / Dear Family, A Depressed Soul Needs Your Advice. / Pls,i Need An Advice,i'm Depressed,i Feel Like Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Don't know why though. But at this time of my life, life looks completely meaningless.

maybe I need friends.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Highflyer3(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:
dDon't know why though. But at this time of my life, life looks completely meaningless.

maybe I need friends.
Last time you were miserable, now you are depressed. what kind of guys have you been dating?
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by kelvine(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Maybe cos December approaches and u haven't achieved your goal for 2014. Cheer up there is hope.
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Highflyer3:

Last time you were miserable, now you are depressed. what kind of guys have you been dating?

You just go right to the jugular don't you. Thanks, you've been a lot of help.

3 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Highflyer3(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:

You just go right to the jugular don't you. Thanks, you've been a lot of help.
Never meant to hurt you. Just trying to know the root of the problem undecided

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
kelvine:
Maybe cos December approaches and u haven't achieved your goal for 2014. Cheer up there is hope.

I highly doubt that. But thanks anyway.
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Thinking that one's life is meaningless can lead to feelings of depression.

Do something meaningful to get rid of these feelings.

Helping others in your environment will give your life a meaning and you a sense of fulfillment.
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
Highflyer3:

Never meant to hurt you. Just trying to know the root of the problem undecided

I'm still dating said guy. Really don't know the root cause of my depression. Can't pin it to any thing in particular.
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Thinking that one's life is meaningless can lead to feelings of depression.

Do something meaningful to get rid of these feelings.

Helping others in your environment will give your life a meaning and you a sense of fulfillment.

Like? Please in details. Thanks
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by bellong: 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:

I'm still dating said guy. Really don't know the root cause of my depression. Can't pin it to any thing in particular.

What is currently happening in your relationship?
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:

Like? Please in details. Thanks

I don't know where you live, how old you are and what you are good at.

I was thinking of some kind of charity work every now and then, give an underprivileged child private lessons for free, regularly. FOR EXAMPLE.

By doing something for someone who is less fortunate, you will discover that your life is very meaningful.

That is just one idea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by cirmuell(m): 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:

Well if you can't pin it on anything...then I suggest you join us at Forum Games section, we CAN cheer you up. smiley

#4Real.
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by okirewaju(f): 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
For you to be alive is a blessing. Do something you know will definitely give you joy. Help someone, take a stroll, etc

Stay strong!

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I was thinking of some kind of charity work every now and then, give an underprivileged child private lessons for free, regularly. FOR EXAMPLE.

By doing something for someone who is less fortunate, you will discover that your life is very meaningful.

That is just one idea.
thanks a lot! I'll try out your suggestions

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
cirmuell:
Well if you can't pin it on anything...then I suggest you join us at Forum Games section, we CAN cheer you up. smiley

#4Real.

Expect me. Thanks a lot!
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:
thanks a lot! I'll try out your suggestions

You are welcome! smiley

Give it a try, the world needs you. wink
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
okirewaju:
For you to be alive is a blessing. Do something you know will definitely give you joy. Help someone, take a stroll, etc

Stay strong!

Thanks. I'll most definitely try out your suggestions.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by pickabeau1: 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:

Sorry..is the said guy the guy who went to PH to do oil biz...and opened a dealership
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by cirmuell(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Amya:

Expect me. Thanks a lot!
Alright. You're welcome. smiley
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Chubhie: 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Maybe, you need to understand that your happy state of mind is never dependant on anyone. Expect little from humans so you won't be disappointed. Guard your heart with all diligence. Take an objective view of how you have led your life so far. What lessons have life taught you so far? How have you applied such lessons to become a better you? In what area of your life are you currently feeling a loss of your personal power? There's a positive feeling that comes when you know you are in absolute control of your life. Going by how society have imprinted it into our collective subconscious mind, you will find it difficult to enjoy true happiness in today's world save, you are willing to pretend and smile to the camera while you die on the inside. Break norms, break traditions and find what works for you a unique individual and give expressions to it. Dare the world and live your truths. If you need a friend I'm here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by KanwuliaJara: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Being on NL will always tempt you to be depressed.
Too many 'sad' creatures.
Hang in there. . .
YOU DIE. . . THE HOKORO-HUMNGBATI 'WEASEL CLUB' WINS! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeiYFijwH3I

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by bennyrazz: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
money and emotional stress is the root cause of all depressions in Nigeria. Life in Nigeria is very hard. No light, Bad roads, bad healthcare system, bad everything, . You come across people waiting to dupe you of your earnings, your boss refuses to pay salary, women and men keep toying with your emotions. Mechanics, Taylors, plumbers, electrician frustrating you and you go to bed at nights only to hear gunshots from men of the underworld sing you to sleep. You drive flashy cars, you look flashy but deep down in your heart, you scared of kidnappers and their likes. A lot of Nigerians are depressed that is why a lot seek greener pastures outside the shores of Nigeria just to live a peaceful live, they don't care doing menial jobs so far it puts food on their table, they gladly pay their taxes. @Amya, take care of yourself jare. Don't let anything shake you. By the way some topics on NL can send you to depression, avoid them. Look for positive topics

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Hang in there. . .

grin grin grin grin grin choi ..kanwuli!!!
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2014
Chubhie:
Maybe, you need to understand that your happy state of mind is never dependant on anyone. Expect little from humans so you won't be disappointed. Guard your heart with all diligence. Take an objective view of how you have led your life so far. What lessons have life taught you so far? How have you applied such lessons to become a better you? In what area of your life are you currently feeling a loss of your personal power? There's a positive feeling that comes when you know you are in absolute control of your life. Going by how society have imprinted it into our collective subconscious mind, you will find it difficult to enjoy true happiness in today's world save, you are willing to pretend and smile to the camera while you die on the inside. Break norms, break traditions and find what works for you a unique individual and give expressions to it. Dare the world and live your truths. If you need a friend I'm here.

Thanks. This is a really beautiful piece. I'll put it to mind. Thanks too for offering to be my friend.
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2014
bennyrazz:
money and emotional stress is the root cause of all depressions in Nigeria. Life in Nigeria is very hard. No light, Bad roads, bad healthcare system, bad everything, . You come across people waiting to dupe you of your earnings, your boss refuses to pay salary, women and men keep toying with your emotions. Mechanics, Taylors, plumbers, electrician frustrating you and you go to bed at nights only to hear gunshots from men of the underworld sing you to sleep. You drive flashy cars, you look flashy but deep down in your heart, you scared of kidnappers and their likes. A lot of Nigerians are depressed that is why a lot seek greener pastures outside the shores of Nigeria just to live a peaceful live, they don't care doing menial jobs so far it puts food on their table, they gladly pay their taxes. @Amya, take care of yourself jare. Don't let anything shake you. By the way some topics on NL can send you to depression, avoid them. Look for positive topics

so true! lol at some topics in NL causing depression. I sometimes avoid some topics so as not to increase my bp.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by pickabeau1: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2014
Op..you've not responded to my q
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Amya(f): 7:14am On Nov 28, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Hang in there. . .

So true. Thanks. I feel so much better reading this.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Depressed by bennyrazz: 9:05am On Nov 28, 2014
Amya:

so true! lol at some topics in NL causing depression. I sometimes avoid some topics so as not to increase my bp.
grin grin grin
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by continentalceo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Depressed?
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Chubhie:
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

That is just one idea.

In other words, pouncing on someone else's misfortune to get your life a lift? Good suggestion.
Re: I Think I'm Depressed by Notopityparties(f): 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
A lot of women my mother’s age (early 60's) are dropping dead like flies due to accumulated unhappiness. That was when I decided not to allow depression in my life. They say a problem shared is half solved buts it’s really difficult to share when friends turn your situation into "gist".

That is why I just created a new blog today for mature practical advice to challenges in our life. Don't wallow in self pity, don't engage in pity parties.
Share your problem on http://saynotopityparties..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Baby Items To Buy / When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? / Please Help Me, I Can't Live A Week Without Sleeping With Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.