Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? (2400 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Nkiru Sylvanus Resumes Office As DG Of Imo State Film Academy / Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by lalasticlala(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
Okorocha's multi-million film academy collapses a day after commissioning.

The multi million Naira Imo Film academy by the Imo state government within the premises of Imo newspapers limited which was commissioned last Friday 21st November 2014 by the state governor Rochas Anayo Okorocha with pomp and pageantry collapsed the following day, Saturday 22nd November 2014.

As reported by the National Gazette, Workers and eye witnesses at the complex told our correspondent that they came to work on Monday morning to find the edifice completely razed to the ground. Although details of the damage remained scanty at the time of going to press it was gathered that no lives were lost as the building collapsed at night closed for the day.

However officials of the state government were said to have moved in quickly to clear the wreckage and prevented people from going near the building to save the government from the embarrassment.

The Film academy which has ace Nollywood actress, Nkiru Silvernus as the first Director General was constructed to play host to all activities pertaining to the film industry in Nigeria. The governor while commissioning the now collapsed building last Friday made a donation of a hundred million Naira to the academy.

It would be recalled that part of the walls of the fly-over at Egbeada junction recently collapsed fuelling speculations that the foundation of the bridge may not be solid after all.

This has also added to numerous collapsed building of the Okorocha government like the Okigwe Princess hotel, school building at IMSU, gates at the government House Owerri and host of many roundabouts in the Owerri metropolis which has collapsed and some still collapsing.

-National Gazette.

https://m.facebook.com/Ndi.Igbo/posts/10152665557933409?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8500803857

Meanwhile, below are some pics from the opening ceremony a day before the collapse.

1 Share

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Abagworo(m): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
This story is as true as Imo State borrowing 200billion.
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by MissSlimbody(f): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
APC and PDP warlords where una dey

Oya, let the blame game begin undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Descartes: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
I can't wait to see Okorocha voted out in IMO State embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by blym4real: 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
Something looks fishy
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Cope1(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
sometimes i feel lyk crying 4 my beloved country.Things are actually falling apart.
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by maimalari: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fake news
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Truth24(m): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
I dey imagine how Nigeria go collapse if he eventually become d President in his dream

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
I would have said this news is fake if not that the Op is a known person. Mmmn! Building collapse here and there, what is the government doing about this
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by html14java(f): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
Let me comment before e go pass fp.

This space is for sale.
Available to lowest bidder
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
I suspect sabotage.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by html14java(f): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
Pikcho of the collapsed building or [size=20pt]WEDONBILIVIT[/size]
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Descartes: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
It would be recalled that part of the walls of the fly-over at Egbeada junction recently collapsed fuelling speculations that the foundation of the bridge may not be solid after all.-Source

shocked grin shocked
Fraud!!!
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by p3ndy79: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
You said Building collapse, then you show us pictures of an endowed and pretty lady.

@ Op are you sure you don't mean the lady in the picture you posted collapsed?
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by youngice(m): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
Rochas and substandard work

1 Like

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Osakah24(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
Another fake news with wings. No half reasonable person is buying this trash. Pishooo or adonfackinbilivit.
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Descartes: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
Abagworo:
This story is as true as Imo State borrowing 200billion.

Are you implying that the report is false? undecided
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by englishmart(m): 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
pdp might have a hand in this.. grin
Apc blaming pdp fir their misfortunes since 2013. And vice versa
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by stinggy(m): 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
I choose not to believe this yet undecided
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by festwiz(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
So na APC or PDP come demolish the structure? because very soon nairalanders go accrued everything to politics.
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Descartes:

Are you implying that the report is false? undecided

Very false. It is as true as Tupac being alive. Some gullible people still believe that.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by donmalcolm21(m): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
Lol
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by tuborme: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
I am an eye witness. The collapsed school building is opposite the catholic church in Imo state university. The egbeada flyover was built by blocks....i will have somebody snap the pictures and send across to me. It is still there. Gutters along wetheral road were covered without removing the filts inside. The concrete used in covering them were not reinforced and are falling apart right now. Imo state is a disaster waiting to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by oluwafemi113(m): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
This is not ordinary
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by DWJOBScom(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
When I saw people campaign for him and even rioted in protest during his election

I laughed as they were only fighting for a con-artist

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Antell95(m): 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
englishmart:
pdp might have a hand in this.. grin
Apc blaming pdp fir their misfortunes since 2013. And vice versa
you've got a mail
Re: Imo State Film Academy Building Collapses 24 Hrs After Okorocha Commissioned It? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Base On This INEC Registered Voters Per State, Who Do You Think Might WIN / Obasanjo Is Not As Corrupt As Abacha- Oby Ezekwesili / After Mart Of P I B All Yorubas In Oil Companies In Ss Se Given Quite Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.