Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? (2829 Views)

Prosecutor Is Loosing The Battle Against Saraki / Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / Stella Oduah's Answer To Query From The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
why are Nigerians so trusting, especially when they know the people they are trusting aren't trust worthy themselves??.

Tinubu is only playing politics for his pockets, yet some youths are willing to sacrifice their lives for him... Jonathan may have turned out to be one of the most liberal/controversial president we have in Nigeria, but yet, every rat, cockroaches and caterpillers wants to take shots at him.

Its human nature, we abuse what we don't fear.

So why would a "responsible" politician use the word "by every means necessary"?? I find this comment flawed, disturbing, inciting and should not be accepted in our current political climate... Lets remember what happened in 2007 when OBJ promised a "do or die affair" and we took him for granted, we lost count on those who died as a result of his utterance.

Though the PDP was known to use thugs in the past, but have we really had such elections lately compared to when that Chimp from Ota was in power?? He rigged elections with impunity and murdered those who stood in his way. Where was Tinubu then?? did he dare say any of such words

Lets appreciate what we have for once and say enough is enough of all these incitement... Its really getting out of hand, and if we do not say something, soon we will see the result of our silence... TOTAL CHAOS

Yesterday was Amaechi, today Tinubu tomorrow might be Tompolo, maybe...

Despite our political differences lets stop dragging the highest office into mud... the whole world is watching us.

6 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by MrPresident1: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Yes now. The presidency is an insitution and is greater than any single individuals. The president is the symbol of our nation pride, when we insult him, invariably, we insult ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by wirinet(m): 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
MrPresident1:
Yes now. The presidency is an insitution and is greater than any single individuals. The president is the symbol of our nation pride, when we insult him, invariably, we insult ourselves.

Bulls. Yes the presidency is an institution greater than any individual - even the president himself. But the president is not the symbol of our national pride, that would be the National Flag. The president is supposed to be our employee, that is why he begs us to hire(elect) him every four years. If we are not happy with his service, we have rights not only to insult him, we should be able to fire him also. The Nigerian president is not King, he is answerable to you and me.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by holatin(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
[b][/b]we are loosing respect from the world for what our government made us

2 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by MrPresident1: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
wirinet:

Bulls. Yes the presidency is an institution greater than any individual - even the president himself. But the president is not the symbol of our national pride, that would be the National Flag. The president is supposed to be our employee, that is why he begs us to hire(elect) him every four years. If we are not happy with his service, we have rights not only to insult him, we should be able to fire him also. The Nigerian president is not King, he is answerable to you and me.

Bulls right? He was voted in by a majority of the people, you probably voted for him too. He is the definition of the kind of leadership the majority wants, (atleast four years ago).

A president is a symbol of the national pride of any people. Abi Obama no be symbol of American pride?

1 Like

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by STANPASQUAL(m): 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
wirinet:

Yet that does not give u or anybody for that matter the standing to take digs at the President. And for ur information, the President represents Nigerians and that includes u. He might not be a symbol but he is a testament to the sovereignty and unity of the Nigerian state. Instead of uniting and fighting the issues that threatens us as a country, we are fighting ourselves based on ethnic, religious and political inclinations. Therefore the next time u try take a dig at the presidency, or the President, think again.

4 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by arresa: 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Your crooked, corrupt, incompetent, dumb and worthless president insults and denigrate you and your country everyday and this is all you have to worry about?

The useless man you gave a full country to is returning to you half of your country wIth the other half in the hands of terrorists and even your own safety and security is up in the air and all you have to worry about is your incompetent president.

Some of you need some mental evaluation ASAP...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by wirinet(m): 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
MrPresident1:

Bulls right? He was voted in by a majority of the people, you probably voted for him too. He is the definition of the kind of leadership the majority wants, (atleast four years ago).

A president is a symbol of the national pride of any people. Abi Obama no be symbol of American pride?

Please quit that archaic mentality, A president is not the symbol of National pride. You are not obliged to like or be proud of the president. Obama is not the symbol of American pride. He is insulted everyday on TV, Newspaper and social media. He had been called the worse president in American history. A month does not go bye without Donald Trump insulting Obama. The only difference between Obama and Jonathan is that Obama and his presidency have better things to do that to engage in petty insulting contest with opponents. Even iron Lady thatcher was pelted with rotten eggs and tomatoes when people hate her policies.

A president is not king.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by shegsrules(m): 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Our mouth belongs to us, that of okupe and co also belong to them. Wetin eye c mouth must talk ohhh.

1 Like

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
The clowns occupying the presidency lack dignity' honor and patriotism.

5 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by olapluto(m): 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
The president insults Nigerians on a daily basis. #BringbackGoodluckJonathan is an insult on all Nigerians, calling himself the best ever is an insult on Nigerians alive and dead. Blaming Nigerians for everything he caused is an insult to Nigerians.
When we have a president who sleeps and wakes up insulting Nigerians, I think the least he deserves is a call out.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Pataki: 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
When President Gooddunce was campaigning in 2011, he told Nigerians to vote for him and not for PDP.

Likewise I am insulting him and not the Presidency.

If you failed to understand or comprehend any of the above, it implies my shoe is more intelligent than you.

11 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
Pataki:
When President Gooddunce was campaigning in 2011, he told Nigerians to vote for him and not for PDP.

If you failed to understand or comprehend any of the above, it implies my shoe is more intelligent than you.

the highlighted part of this quote was just a format he used to relate with the masses. but analyzing the Jonathan Administration, he has done far better than any previous presidents before him.... Do we agree? on which merits are you drawing your criticisms from??

what if GMB wins, would we still have this freedom of expression that has never been in existence since the history of our nation

2 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
I remember vividly how Obasanjo tried to Hack sahara reporters website after they wrote a harsh criticism of his administration, especially after Okonjo Iweala was appointed into his cabinet.

There is a real huge divide in the political circle at this stage, especially when we are rest assured that the Majority of PDP strongholds have been penetrated with heavy calibre of political mortal rounds. How sure are we that the other opposition candidates can defeat GEJ, especially when we decide to test their political integrity... ??

1 Like

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
STANPASQUAL:

Yet that does not give u or anybody for that matter the standing to take digs at the President. And for ur information, the President represents Nigerians and that includes u. He might not be a symbol but he is a testament to the sovereignty and unity of the Nigerian state. Instead of uniting and fighting the issues that threatens us as a country, we are fighting ourselves based on ethnic, religious and political inclinations. Therefore the next time u try take a dig at the presidency, or the President, think again.

That he is the President does not give him the right to insult Nigerians daily. If he had any shame, he would have resigned, not campaigning. That is an insult to those Nigerians who lost loved ones in a very senseless manner under a selfish man who is only concerned about remaining in power at all cost.

If one of his children was among those kidnapped, would he still continue with his selfish ambition to hold on to power?

5 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by wirinet(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
great1:

the highlighted part of this quote was just a format he used to relate with the masses. but analyzing the Jonathan Administration, he has done far better than any previous presidents before him.... Do we agree? on which merits are you drawing your criticisms from??

what if GMB wins, would we still have this freedom of expression that has never been in existence since the history of our nation

on what Basis are you analyzing the Jonathan Administration? Is it Power, Infrastructure? Education? Security? Foreign Policy? anti corruption? Please tell me which area President Jonathan has done better that any previous government.

I do not want to hear " he is planning to", "work is in progress", "he is attempting to" and such nonsense. Just point out physical verifiable achievements.

9 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by freezy(m): 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Now I have hope Jonah can actually lose next year...

7 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by meccuno: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
Because americans insult their president doesn't give us the right to do the same. That office is to be respected. We might feel that we are being democratic by reigning insults......remember that GEJ won't be there forever. Respect his office,respect where he is from and respect the fact that if our presidency isn't giving his dues,outsiders won't do it for us.....remember one thing,we enjoy this freedom because the man has refused to use a fraction of his might. We don't know who would be the next president after him,and we don't know what the future holds.....but if our next president is dictatorial,we might as well enjoy our "insultive" freedom while it last.because not everyone would tolerate insults

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by arresa: 12:00am On Nov 28, 2014
great1:

And this is how you and your incompetent, corrupt and idiotic president insults Nigerians everyday..

3 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 28, 2014
wirinet:

on what Basis are you analyzing the Jonathan Administration? Is it Power, Infrastructure? Education? Security? Foreign Policy? anti corruption? Please tell me which area President Jonathan has done better that any previous government.

I do not want to hear " he is planning to", "work is in progress", "he is attempting to" and such nonsense. Just point out physical verifiable achievements.

have we actually felt the impact of this presidency?? I believe so, but not to as much as we expect.

1 Like

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Pataki: 1:45am On Nov 28, 2014
great1:

have we actually felt the impact of this presidency?? I believe so, but not to as much as we expect.

And yet you claim he has done far better than any previous president? Do you now see you are speaking from two sides of your mouth?

BTW, you have not properly answered the question posed at you by wirinet.

5 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by idupaul: 1:54am On Nov 28, 2014
I think its the other way round because Jonathan has abused us with bad and thievery governance

6 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 28, 2014
Pataki:

And yet you claim he has done far better than any previous president? Do you now see you are speaking from two sides of your mouth?

BTW, you have not properly answered the question posed at you by wirinet.

let me get back to the question... will post a reply below.

I believe in Judging a candidate based on competency.. so far, if This administration is competent in the financial sector, I believe it must also be competent in the military sector too.

1 Like

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 28, 2014
wirinet:

I am analysing this administration on the most important sectors, which is Financial and that also includes anti-corruption policies, Security, and respect of freedom of speech.

Its us who haven't yet forced the arm of the government to act.. rather we sit back complaining and wailing.

Perhaps if we take affirmative action with collective energy, we can see some changes on the federal/state levels of this government.

Jonathan may not have been 100% on target, but the question we all should ask ourselves is, would the next administration supersede the mark he left behind, if he doesn't win the re-election

and if they do, at what cost do we have to pay maybe our liberty/freedom might be tempered with... I really dnt know what to expect. but if we pay close attention to the opposition, Nigeria might be too big for 1 man to control its resources..

1 Like

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by fkaz(m): 3:36am On Nov 28, 2014
@op since you deem it fit to call a past president a chimp, what is wrong in calling president goodluck jonathan a daft or clueless president?

but have we really had such elections lately compared to when that Chimp from Ota was in power??

7 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 28, 2014
fkaz:
@op since you deem it fit to call a past president a chimp, what is wrong in calling president goodluck jonathan a daft or clueless president?

well the difference between OBJ and GEJ is that, OBJ is no longer in power.. and when he was in power, did anyone dare insult him
Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by chamboy(m): 4:07am On Nov 28, 2014
[size=28pt] Don't bring Nonsense Ideas to Us abeg. Dignity is for Honest People not for Thieves. Mr President dent This Nation's Dignity By supporting and Promoting Corruption and indiscipline. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by sojjy: 4:13am On Nov 28, 2014
Pataki:

You have said it all. God bless YOU.
Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by sojjy: 4:19am On Nov 28, 2014
meccuno:
Because americans insult their president doesn't give us the right to do the same. That office is to be respected. We might feel that we are being democratic by reigning insults......remember that GEJ won't be there forever. Respect his office,respect where he is from and respect the fact that if our presidency isn't giving his dues,outsiders won't do it for us.....remember one thing,we enjoy this freedom because the man has refused to use a fraction of his might. We don't know who would be the next president after him,and we don't know what the future holds.....but if our next president is dictatorial,we might as well enjoy our "insultive" freedom while it last.because not everyone would tolerate insults

Young man, continue your suffering and smiling sydrome. JONA presidency is coming to an end soon. GEJ will be voted out come 2015 election.

2 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by asala1: 4:23am On Nov 28, 2014
Loosing respect for a corrupt system you mean? A thief is a thief no matter what title he maybe carrying, people are getting more informed and it's making them allergic to BS. This will keep getting worse you know?

3 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Has the presidency protected, promoted and defended the dignity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by living up to expected standard of a PRESIDENCY !!

Nobody dare Insult you nor you wouldn't have mind their insult if you are doing the right thing

Recently Okupe was out threatening folks that insult presidency to train them for their mothers .... Is that an act of responsibleness

In a situation where Programmes and Policy are not genuinely executed and some reasonable folks calls out the cluelessness in such act , you folks will become angry !!

If you don't behave insultive there is no need to be worry about insults but Presidency is always worry !!

In other news : 40 helpless Nigerians were recently blown to pieces in the Yola.

2 Likes

Re: Are we loosing Our dignity as a Nation by insulting the Presidency?? by Safari29: 4:41am On Nov 28, 2014
great1:

I am analysing this administration on the most important sectors, which is Financial and that also includes anti-corruption policies, Security, and respect of freedom of speech.

Its us who haven't yet forced the arm of the government to act.. rather we sit back complaining and wailing.

Perhaps if we take affirmative action with collective energy, we can see some changes on the federal/state levels of this government.

Jonathan may not have been 100% on target, but the question we all should ask ourselves is, would the next administration supersede the mark he left behind, if he doesn't win the re-election

and if they do, at what cost do we have to pay maybe our liberty/freedom might be tempered with... I really dnt know what to expect. but if we pay close attention to the opposition, Nigeria might be too big for 1 man to control its resources..
we are in this shit because of jonathan cluelessness. We have so many people with track records that are descipline and can perform far better than Him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A World Foremost Economist Calls President Jonathan a 'JOKE' / Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 / After He Died, Buhari Visited To Condole The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.