Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

Help - Vibrations From The Suspension And Body Of My Mazda MPV - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help - Vibrations From The Suspension And Body Of My Mazda MPV (982 Views)

Gear Issue On My Mazda Mpv / Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems? / Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help - Vibrations From The Suspension And Body Of My Mazda MPV by olumide4christ: 3:53am On Nov 28, 2014
Hi All,

Please I need your sound inputs into this issue. I drive a Mazda MPV 2004. Since I bought it early this year, I have experienced vibrations from the suspension being transferred to the car body and steering, especially in the following situations:
1. Moving on rough/uneven roads
2. Moving on expansion joints on bridges (the front column/dashboard jolts up when this happens)

The whole car vibrates when the above situations occur, even up to the rear view mirror, seats.

Also, lately, I have also experienced some grinding noise from the front tire area, some gritting sound in the steering wheel and some sound when turning the steering.

I have changed the linkages, front shocks, lower arms as advised by my mechanic in July this year, I did a wheel balancing and alignment early this year but the situation still persists.

I would like your candid and professional advice. Thanks.
Re: Help - Vibrations From The Suspension And Body Of My Mazda MPV by AutosBay(m): 6:21am On Nov 28, 2014
You have a damaged wheel bearing and a faulty inner Constant - Velocity joint.
Re: Help - Vibrations From The Suspension And Body Of My Mazda MPV by blessedjohny4u: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
olumide4christ:
Hi All,

Please I need your sound inputs into this issue. I drive a Mazda MPV 2004. Since I bought it early this year, I have experienced vibrations from the suspension being transferred to the car body and steering, especially in the following situations:
1. Moving on rough/uneven roads
2. Moving on expansion joints on bridges (the front column/dashboard jolts up when this happens)

The whole car vibrates when the above situations occur, even up to the rear view mirror, seats.

Also, lately, I have also experienced some grinding noise from the front tire area, some gritting sound in the steering wheel and some sound when turning the steering.

I have changed the linkages, front shocks, lower arms as advised by my mechanic in July this year, I did a wheel balancing and alignment early this year but the situation still persists.

I would like your candid and professional advice. Thanks.

Consider replacing the engine mounts as well.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Tell What Car This Is By Looking At It's Interior? / Autel Mx-sensor 433mhz/315mhz Universal Programmable TPMS Sensor Replacement / I Want To Learn How To Drive But I Dont Have Much With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.