Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (58602 Views)

He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? / Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 6:28am On Nov 28, 2014
An irate and disappointed middle aged man has demanded that his church refund his past contributions, including tithes, or else face court action.

The middle aged man claims his Accra-based church refused to assist him, in a period during which he faced extreme financial difficulties.

The disappointed man insists that his contributions to the church, which cover a period of fifteen (15) years, should have afforded him some reprieve in his time of trouble.

However, he claims the one place where he expected to find help turned a blind eye on his predicament and his pleas for help fell on deaf ears.

He has decided to move to a new church which would be more willing to assist its members but before he leaves, he says he wants the church to pay back every cedi he has ever paid into their coffers.

“I want them to pay me all the money I have given to them since I started churching [fellowshipping] with them.

His demands are not restricted to donations and collection however. The frustrated man insists that even the tithes he paid over the fifteen (15) year period should be returned to him.

“Everything. Donations, everything they should refund my money to me. The tithes I am paying is not going to God, it’s going to one particular person and that is the pastor. It is not going to God, it is going to the pastor.”

The peeved man insists that the money he paid should still be in the church coffers and that the money “can never fly”.

I want them to give me my money, he reiterated. “If they do not give me back my money, I will take them to court!”. 

Listen to the man below:
http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/2014/November-27th/return-my-tithes-or-face-court-action-man-threatens-church.php

73 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by An2elect2(f): 6:32am On Nov 28, 2014
grin grin grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 6:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Certified board idi0t..
Charity is not a right he is entitled to

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by holatin(m): 6:33am On Nov 28, 2014
Sensible man spotted.
you can't help ME despite my offering, tithe and donation to your church.
if you can't give to your member, stop collecting from them

188 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by kestolove95(m): 6:36am On Nov 28, 2014
d juju wey d pastor do am do loose..abg ask for ur moni

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by engrtee(f): 7:02am On Nov 28, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by lanre316: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2014
The man forgot one basic fact: The money you give away no longer belongs to you. You can't demand for it as if it's yours. So he got no case. Not that I'm supporting the tithe fraudsters, though.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by eunisam: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2014
frustration has a way of affecting one's brain negatively.
Anyway,how much is the grand total of the tiths,donation and others. Oga you are still owning the church for the chairs,landed property and the shelters and even the prayer and preaching(sermon) you received from the church in 15 years.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2014
lanre316:
The man forgot one basic fact: The money you give away no longer belongs to you. You can't demand for it as if it's yours. So he got no case. Not that I'm supporting the tithe fraudsters, though.

Actually the church is liable. Churches promise their members financial prosperity if they tithe. They also promise that no devourer shall affect their finances. In the case of this man the financial prosperity promise did not materialise, his finances got devoured and the church even refused to do it's primary responsibility of bringing succour to down trodden members. I believe he has a very good case, he should go ahead and sue. Hopefully he would win the case and other tithe scammers would learn from it.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2014
Seun could we have this on front page please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by zyzxx(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2014
PastorKun:

Actually the church is liable. Churches promise their members financial prosperity if they tithe. They also promise that no devourer shall affect their finances. In the case of this man the financial prosperity promise did not materialise, his finances got devoured and the church even refused to do it's primary responsibility of bringing succour to down trodden members. I believe he has a very good case, he should go ahead and sue. Hopefully he would win the case and other tithe scammers would learn from it.
pls what ur point? I don't get it sir?

4 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asodeboyede(m): 8:49am On Nov 28, 2014
UNBELIEVABLY BELIEVABLE!

Unbelievably: because it's quite strange!
Believable : because I think the man actually said it!

We must realise that when God promises us blessings in return for our tithes, such blessings transcends all what our seemingly limited human brain can absorb! It is beyond monetary growth! Until we come to the glare and fundamental meaning of God's blessings, we would still continue to hold Him a liar! I think the said man was not taught enough or was only being rude by growing a thick skin to this TRUTH!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2014
But he is not suing because he went under despite giving, he is suing because the church never stood with him. Was he giving so the church would help him out in times of trouble?

That's a mumu.
PastorKun:

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asodeboyede(m): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2014
PastorKun:

Please what is exactly your stand on tithes? Because all I could deduce from your lines, are strong emissions against the sacred act of tithing!

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asodeboyede(m): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2014
zyzxx:
pls what ur point? I don't get it sir?

Same here o!
Couldn't just believe my eyes! I've been reading and reading his comment all over just to get him!

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Tithing is as sacred as offering burnt offerings and observing Feasts. Correct me if I am wrong
asodeboyede:

Please what is exactly your stand on tithes? Because all I could deduce from your lines, are strong emissions against the sacred act of tithing!

6 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asodeboyede(m): 9:00am On Nov 28, 2014
vooks:
Tithing is as sacred as offering burnt offerings and observing Feasts. Correct me if I am wrong

Any act of service to God is sacred and must be view as such without any form of human prejudice against whosoever deems it fit to partake in such!

6 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by d3lko2i: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2014
Can the man also return the spiritual, social and other services and benefits he got both from the Church and from God for the 15 years?

Can he pay or find a way to compensate God, the pastor and other members who voluntarily sang, cleaned the chairs he sat on, played musical instruments, visited or called him when he couldn't make it to church due to illness or any other reason, counseled him when he had issues, taught his children virtues, values and morals, and many other services and benefits for 15 years?

Was he forced to attend the church? Was he forced to make those 'donations'? Was he forced to give the freewill offerings? Was he forced to pay his tithes?

When you give to Orphanages and other non-profit organisations can you go back to demand for your donations from Charity?

The 'man' is not serious, immature and probably just acting out of frustration!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by zyzxx(m): 9:09am On Nov 28, 2014
asodeboyede:

Same here o!
Couldn't just believe my eyes! I've been reading and reading his comment all over just to get him!
abi oo.
some people are just ready to mislead others.
because one person did d right things in d wrong way or wrong place or wrong people, etc
Does dat means we should not do d right thing again?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2014
asodeboyede:

There is nothing sacred about church tithing. Tithing as it is preached and practised today is derived from fraudulently twisting biblical tithes instructed to the Jews and mis applying it to the church. There is not one single scripture in the whole bible instructing believers to tithe money from their income. Tithing from income is derived from twisting God's word and we all know it is a sin to twist God's word.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asodeboyede(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2014
PastorKun:

There is nothing sacred about church tithing. Tithing as it is preached and practised today is derived from fraudulently twisting biblical tithes instructed to the Jews and mis applying it to the church. There is not one single scripture in the whole bible instructing believers to tithe money from their income. Tithing from income is derived from twisting God's word and we all know it is a sin to twist God's word.

Thank you! Needless I say more? Not at all......
End time things!
***modified***

Obviously, many that reeks lack of elementary biblical rudiment of Church financing would sheepishly allege to your demonic gibberish!

Stop tearing the body of Christ apart BEWARNED!
WELL YOU ARE FULFILLING PROPHECY
Same reason I always avoid the religion section like plague: TOO MUCH HERESY!
Using the word against the word without any proper Spirit-filled brooding and in-depth cogent analysis is an heinous crime against God and the Faith!

8 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:19am On Nov 28, 2014
His money would be refunded as soon as he provides the receipts.

23 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2014
The Pastor and his ilk should be locked up and taken to court.

Minimum prison sentence should be 10 years without possibility of parole. That will teach the other crooks.

Oh, how I 'hate' these charlatans, GOs , MOGs and so called Pastors exploiting the poor, weak and vulnerable in our midst. May God judge them in a massive way.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 28, 2014
This is my experience in these institutions of babel, they know how to take but not to give. And of course the bible says it is more blessed to give than to receive, so they are cursed because they are forever receiving and never giving.

Friends, forgive my harsh tone this morning, I am just fedup with these people, I wish I had the political power to lock them away for good.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 28, 2014
Oyedepo,Kumuyi next hopefully!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 28, 2014
PastorKun:
Seun could we have this on front page please?

As much as i would love that to happen,sorry i doubt the christian mods will let it happen. They will fight to bury this thread.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
His money would be refunded as soon as he provides the receipts.

Good idea grin
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by fishleg123: 10:50am On Nov 28, 2014
sincerely, it can be very frustrating when let down by ur church during the time of need. d man must have tried other means b4 turning to his church that he really trusted. I think we should encourage d man and other Christians to have faith and trust in God and not in their churches.
and for the churches/pastors, please let's be careful so that we don't become a stumbling stones to the sheep of our Lord.

8 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 11:01am On Nov 28, 2014
the idea that you should give because they will be there for you when the going gets tough is dumb. Giving to church is not saving in a bank. He has every right to be frustrated at abandonment but demanding his offerings back? That's M0ronic incarnate

That negro is looking for anything to blame for his woes

frosbel:
This is my experience in these institutions of babel, they know how to take but not to give. And of course the bible says it is more blessed to give than to receive, so they are cursed because they are forever receiving and never giving.

Friends, forgive my harsh tone this morning, I am just fedup with these people, I wish I had the political power to lock them away for good.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Boss13: 11:56am On Nov 28, 2014
PastorKun:

An irate and disappointed middle aged man has demanded that his church refund his past contributions, including tithes, or else face court action.
The middle aged man claims his Accra-based church refused to assist him, in a period during which he faced extreme financial difficulties.
The disappointed man insists that his contributions to the church, which cover a period of fifteen (15) years, should have afforded him some reprieve in his time of trouble.
However, he claims the one place where he expected to find help turned a blind eye on his predicament and his pleas for help fell on deaf ears.
He has decided to move to a new church which would be more willing to assist its members but before he leaves, he says he wants the church to pay back every cedi he has ever paid into their coffers.
“I want them to pay me all the money I have given to them since I started churching [fellowshipping] with them.
His demands are not restricted to donations and collection however. The frustrated man insists that even the tithes he paid over the fifteen (15) year period should be returned to him.
“Everything. Donations, everything they should refund my money to me. The tithes I am paying is not going to God, it’s going to one particular person and that is the pastor. It is not going to God, it is going to the pastor.”
The peeved man insists that the money he paid should still be in the church coffers and that the money “can never fly”.
I want them to give me my money, he reiterated. “If they do not give me back my money, I will take them to court!”. 
Listen to the man below:

- See more at: http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/2014/November-27th/return-my-tithes-or-face-court-action-man-threatens-church.php#sthash.AtqJ4U5y.dpuf

PastorKun - you are wicked for sharing this comedy. I fell down from my seat laughing. grin Please oh let them refund back his money oh. I am so sure he is going to win the case.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Boss13: 11:58am On Nov 28, 2014
frosbel:
The Pastor and his ilk should be locked up and taken to court.

Minimum prison sentence should be 10 years without possibility of parole. That will teach the other crooks.

Oh, how I 'hate' these charlatans, GOs , MOGs and so called Pastors exploiting the poor, weak and vulnerable in our midst. May God judge them in a massive way.

I share the same emotion too. Wicked people. I want that man to win so that judicial precedence will take place and other people will start suing their pastors

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman On Coronavirus: "Permit Us To Heal & Pray For COVID-19 Patients" / Celebrating An Icon - Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Sharon Oyakhilome And Husband At Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's 55th Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.