Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,854 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 (783 Views)

NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele / Ijaw People Must Return To Fishing –orubebe / Man Trekking To Otuoke For GEJ Gets Female Partner [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by makizee(m): 7:49am On Nov 28, 2014
I have been around for close to thirty years and except probably during the Civil war, and according to history that I have read and stories I heard, I do not think Nigeria has ever had it this bad, coming from an incurable optimist that I am, this is in fact depressing, Bomb blasts that used to sound so foreign to us as something that only happens in Iraq, Afghanistan has now become almost a daily occurrence so much so, our dailies do not even consider worthy to be their screaming headlines anymore, Corrupt Persons have become bolder in their debauchery that it seems there is a silent competition to see who or what organisation can loot and plunder the most, security agencies saddled with the responsibility of protecting Nigerians appear to have become an armed political wing of the Ruling Party, Nigeria has become akin to a ship sailing directionless with a drunken Captain, rudderless and in a fiery storm. How there are ordinary Nigerians that support this administration beats me hollow, apart from Career Politicians, those that can be seen as government contractors, those that have benefitted and continue to get their daily bread from this administration, Big businessmen that policies of the government favour their businesses, on the other hand we have those who support this administration just because Mr President is their own, from the Niger Delta area that has long suffered government neglect, never mind the fact that, that the lives of the people hasn’t improved in any significant way, poverty is still rife, except some ex militants that have now become Multi Billionaires due to government patronage, environmental degradation hasn’t ceased either and so to them , it is a good thing that their son is President and he must complete his term, this is just one of the mind-set of our people who to me are a big part of the problems bedevilling this country, all sorts of the ridiculous excuses are bandied about on why the President is not performing but that those against him are making him look bad, then they point to his achievement in revitalizing the railways, rebasing the economy and that we are Africa’s largest economy and refer to the figures the likes of Mrs Okonjo - Iweala dishes out almost on a weekly basis about how millions of jobs has been created and millions more to be created due to some phantom government policies …These lies are so bold and in your face so much one begins to wonder if these government officials actually live in this same Nigeria or an alternate one, because the reality on ground is a stark contrast to the picture they have become really good artist at. To be fair to Mr Jonathan, the problems of this country precedes his Presidency, but the question is what has he done to stem the tides of maladministration, and has he done his best, maybe but it is obvious his best is not just good enough, He does not possess the capabilities to govern a complex country like Nigeria, he has shown over and over again that he has not the clout, political sagacity and maturity to deal with diverse interests, and issues a president of a country like Nigeria needs to do well with the lives of 170 million people, he with his style of leadership has further widened the divide of Nigerians along ethno religious lines more than any other leader in the history of this nation, missing funds, missing ships laden with oil, missing planes are some of the absurdities that has now become commonplace. The insurgency in the north is getting worse, part of the country are already being annexed by terrorists, insecurity in other parts of the country is not in any way abating, the Presidency has put the blame on every other imaginable entity but itself, at one time, it was the opposition party at one point, at another time, it was some northern oligarchs unhappy that president is from the south, then to the more absurd of somehow blaming foreign powers, like the non-cooperation of the Chadian government or the US refusing to sell arms to Nigeria, excuses no matter how ridiculous never seem to cease from the likes of Okupe and Mr Abati. if as the president, all you can do is to offer excuses on why we are in such a sorry state, the honourable thing to do would be to resign, but then again this is Nigeria, nobody does that, after all Mr Abba Morro is still minister of interior, months after conducting a sham, scamming thousands of unemployed graduates in a recruitment exercise where dozens lost their lives!
What his supporters would not highlight is how down right insulting it is that a Presidency that has told us now that we would have to tighten our belts due to falling oil prices continue to maintain a pricey number of ten Jets in its Presidential Fleet, for comparison, The USA has just two, Russia has three and the UK government has non, The Queen and Prime minister routinely charters British Airways on their travels, The Petroleum Minister, Mrs Allison - Maduekwe chartered two private jets for her travels and spent 10 billion naira doing so, she is still in her post, A civil servant embezzled billions of Pensioners funds, nothing has been heard on that case and I am not holding my breath, Like Mr Amaechi of Rivers said recently. President Jonathan supervises a corrupt government, under this administration, the fight against corruption has gone to sleep, in his (President Jonathan) own words, corruption does not deserve all the energy we exert on it, after all stealing is not corruption…surely, only the enemies of the Nigerian people would want this incompetent and morally bankrupt administration to continue for another four years, His disdain for the rule of law and constituted authorities is akin to what one would expect from a junta, is it his war against the media, seizing newspaper on some silly premise of looking for explosives used by terrorist, or the turning on its head simple mathematics, where 16 is greater than 19, 7 is greater than 19 and all sort of illegalities that has the imprint of the presidency written all over it, he condones because of his silence and tactic approval of all sort of shenanigans under his administration, and now that he has recruited an obviously biased Inspector General in person of a certain Mr Abba, we can only hope that we do not fall over the edge that we are dangling dangerously at , Mr Abba is already showing on whose side he is, not minding that he serves (or is supposed to) the Nigerian People and not the President. He has labelled opposition lawmakers and governors as thugs, he has made himself the prosecutor and Judge in the case of the status of the speaker, house of representatives and to make sure he earns his pay check judiciously, he has denigrated the hallowed chambers, a symbol of the sovereignty of the Nigerian people by invading in some archaic commando style the national assembly and preventing law makers from legislating on an issue brought to them by the by the president, Surely some major actors in Nigeria political scene should be subjected to some sort of Psychiatric evaluation…All these and many more could not have occurred without the knowledge of Mr Jonathan, except of course he is not in charge and admitting that would not shock anyone. Even though there are stories about impeachment proceedings against him which has been long overdue in my opinion, impeaching him at this time may lead to further crisis considering our albatross of ethnic and religious sentiments, I would prefer we just let him finish up his term and reject in its entirety, the PDP and whatever it had stood for in the past 16 years of our democracy come February 2015, so that Nigeria may know peace, development and Prosperity, surely we can manage till then, we have been at it for a longer time.
In Conclusion, I would like to quote this text from a Punch contributor on their online forum that summarises how President Jonathan has lost a lot of goodwill he enjoyed prior to the 2011 elections.
“In 2011, I voted for GEJ, because he is a good man, and his grass to grace story was an inspiration to me. But with him, I've realised that good and humble men, don't always make good leaders.
Sir, under six years of your leadership, I've witnessed a steady rise in insecurity, and impunity. Your public defence of corruption, on national TV remains a 'presidential disgrace'. Religion and ethnic diversity which used to be a source of national pride and unity has suddenly become divisive tool, which your party and administration have continued to rely on for political expediency. Petrol pump price rose to 141naira, and it took our struggle (and some deaths) to become N97. The naira continues to decline against the dollar, Okada/Keke driving is the nearest thing to employment for our numerous graduates. Yes, you “built” new universities but with the old universities requiring several months of ASUU strike to get the desired attention, besides what's the essence of churning out several more jobless graduates? Ex-militants like Dokubo, have suddenly become presidential defenders, threatening fire & brimstone, at every perceived provocation. All our public institutions are in complete state of comatose - EFCC, ICPC, NAFDAC! This country has never had it so bad, up until now!”
Mr Jonathan may in fact be a good man, or at worst a really simple man trying his best to put things right in the best way he can, but almost six years of his presidency has shown that he is just not capable to govern this country, I dare say that he is not fit to spend a day more after May 29 2015 in the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, because as President, He is a Failure. and to borrow Uncle Tunde Fagbenle closing remarks, this is saying it as it is.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by 9jatriot(m): 8:52am On Nov 28, 2014
Mr Jonathan may in fact be a good man, or at worst a really simple man trying his best to put things right in the best way he can

I have heard this line too often but I do find it hard to believe. Being afraid to talk does not make you a good man. A man who can sleep well at night when other people's daughters remain missing and thousands die everyday as a result of insecurity cannot in anyway be a good man. Its a façade.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by Kingsley1000(m): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2014
so papa peace is going?....what about mama piece...
Lest i forget,who apc give ticket,shey na rochas?
Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by blackfase(m): 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
The fisherman must be relieved back to the creeks. We've had enuf.....

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by lilflipnerd: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
saw this Article here on NL. I just want the world to see it. Pls Support by Rebroadcasting
Mubi,the biggest commercial town in Adamawa state, was thrown into chaos the day
Boko Haram descended on them and the people found themselves running for their lives.
The terrorists shot sporadically, killing a lot of people while those who could escape
jumped into any available car to run to safety.
Christians,Muslims, Igbos, Yorubas, Tivs, Hausas and any tribe or religion,
jumped onto any vehicle that was headed outside the town.
Soldiers scampered onto trucks with civilians, begging to be saved,
hundreds of people who could not get a vehicle ran into the hills.
In their frantic effort to stay alive, no one paid attention to anybody's religion
or ethnicity before asking them for help or helping them to stay alive.
It was a community of people, united by their desire to
escape the common enemy that hunted them all without discrimination.
Ethnicity and religion vanished, all they were left with was their humanity. Those climbing the hills stayed
together, helping one another stay on their feet
as they all tried to survive.

The most interesting part of the narrative is that
the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Badeh is from the same town of Mubi.
It has been reported that few hours before the attack, helicopters flew in and evacuated his family
members from the town. The chief of Defence staff by the way,
is the most senior military officer in Nigeria and he controls the army, navy and air force. Before that sad day,
someone from Mubi would have boasted that
the Chief of Defence Staff is from their home town.
But on the day that it mattered the most, he
evacuated only his family members and abandoned everyone else to their fate.
It means he had information of the Impending attack and
as the most senior military commander,
he did not fly into the town to lead his men to battle to defend his community.
He quietly saved only his family and left even
the soldiers without an inspiring commander to
motivate them to engage the terrorists and defend his community.

One lesson all Nigerians must learn from this
story is that as a people, all we have is our neighbours. When you need some help at home,
you knock on the door of your neighbour. The president, governor, senator or minister is not
there to help you. Why then should you continue
to fight your neighbour because of a man or
woman who cares only about his own family?
Our elites may deceive us about sharing the same religion or ethnicity with us,
but time and again, they have proven that they do not care.
We have been fools, killing one another on the
basis of religion and ethnicity while they stay
united across all the divides and plunder our wealth.

The time has come for us to rise, educate one another and unite to fight our biggest common enemy.
The politicians are our enemies and not the poor struggling men and women in our neighbourhoods.
What now will the people of Mubi boast about as
the gain of having their son as the chief of Defence Staff? If you go to Otueke where Jonathan comes from, there are many people
who live in excruciating poverty!
There is still a lot of poverty and suffering in the home towns of all our governors, ministers,
parliamentarians and former presidents, while they and their families live in scandalous affluence.
The minister of petroleum spent over 10 billion Naira on a private jet. That money can end the poverty of several communities in her state.
Stella Oduah bought two cars with 120 million Naira while there are people in her home town
who can't afford 500 Naira to feed their family in a day.
The time to throw away the sentiments is now!
Support only a man or woman who has a just
heart and will serve everyone and every community regardless of if they come from there
or not. The moment anyone begins to talk to
you about religion or ethnicity, reject him.

summarily!
We need leaders who will unite us because our shared humanity is greater than any differences between us.
And if someone does something wrong or fails in governance, do not support them simply because they're your own

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by diepreyefrank: 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
Too many fools here, were u the one who lifted him to that throne? Nonsense...
Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by makizee(m): 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
diepreyefrank:
Too many fools here, were u the one who lifted him to that throne? Nonsense...

i would forgive your idiocy as long as you are at most 12 years old, because the question you just asked has no bearing on this write up right here, sensible minds please.

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by CharliParker: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
Pls we need ROCHAS as president pls Nigeria
Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:36am On Dec 02, 2014
Hmmmmm! You really took time and patience to construct this article.
I must confess, I have never seen truth being told this way. But some people because of their selfishness and fear to say the truth would see it as threat to Jonathan's government.
Bro,u really hammered d nail on its head. More grease to ur palms.
I don't really have much to say about maladministration under Jonathan.
Some people seem to be happy with the country's setback and woes. I don't know why some people will still be shouting "GEJ Till 2019" while the country is wallowing in abject poverty and moving towards disintegration(if they really know what that means).
The condition of the country is pathetic and glaring to the public eyes. Even the dead are aware-for they are being disturbed from their rest with the sound of of bombs especially in the north which even shake earthcrust more than tremors or quakes.
A sane and sensible person need not to be told Jonathan must be sent packing in February 2015. To be sincere,he isn't competent for the post of number citizen. He's simply clueless and has no caring heart and value for human lives that he's supposed protect. Permit to call him names in my mother's tongue pls-"Oloshi, Ashiere,Oloriburuku,Adagbamaniye,Dindirin,Olofo ,Alainaani,Ologbon dori eja mu" (quote me and see d wrath of God. If one of his uncles or daughters had been a victim of BH,trust me,he would have since done needful).
As for Okupe and Reuben Abati,I plty them because they are sowing bad seeds and they should know that when it comes to their turn to taste power, "the blood they are sharing" will judge.
Reuben Abati on his own has lost the respect Nigerians accorded him during his stunt with Guardian news. I so much liked and respected his ego and doggedness on political issues and when he's with Guardian. But now,I pity him and his generation yet unborn. O ma se o.
Needless to say,we never imagined it would be this bad during the junta. Had we known this is what democracy (crasydemo-that's what we practise in naija) would put us into, we wouldn't have raised the issue of democracy at all.
As per bokoharam,"I comment my reserve"lolz.
Time and the itch on my thumb due to typing with phone would never permit me to continue here.
But one thing for sure is that my best and "rightie" (Makizee) has said nothing but the truth.
Pls Seun and his Mods,do the needful and push this topic to frontpage in the name of God Almigthy. Let people who are still in the dark see reasons why it's everyone's duty to save this country and kick out the clueless one. Pls,front page.
In a nutshell,if u love this country and you want to be part of the struggle to set it free from these shackles of retrogression and siege(unles you have another Nigeria you would run to for cover,when the deed eventually happens), Jonathan MUST be kicked out and sent packing to Otouke come 2015. Gbammm!!!
Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by stebell(m): 6:44am On Dec 02, 2014
So Mr. OP the number one hater of GEJ, tell us if we collectively send GEJ back to Otuoke who do we vote in? Is it Buhari the Jihadist? Never.

Write all dis recycled articles, nothing is stopping him come 2015 cos Nigerians wud again vote him over the old General.

GEJ till 2019
Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by makizee(m): 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
When some of you people write GEJ till 2019, on what basis r u writing it, is it because he has performed excellently well or, the economy hasn't been this good, there is security of lives and property, healthcare is now world class, i really do not understand a lot of Nigerians ...Dude has shown times without numbers that he is not capable to continue to pilot the affairs of this country, that he even has supporters ( as in those not paid to sing his praises o) beats me hollow, i just don't get it..
Re: Why Jonathan Must Return To Otuoke In 2015 by Johnnyessence(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
I will always be saying this GEj is a failure he has failed before. Thk God APC has pick good candidates to represent them in government we are heading towards revolution era if rigging happens Cos' we will fight for our right.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tomorrows Headline On Buhari / BREAKING: Jimi Agbaje Defeats Obanikoro, Others At Lagos PDP Guber Primaries / Photos: Cannabis Weighing 1.5million Kg ,worth 15.1 Billion Destroyed By NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.