Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,068 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President (3020 Views)

Senators Visit Atiku To Show Their Support For Saraki As Senate President (Pic) / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by AtikuMediaTeam: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2014
Former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar has said he will be collecting a salary of N1 per annum if elected President.
In his own words,

"It is also about time to consider realistic opportunities to reduce the cost of governance. Reducing the cost of governance requires sacrifice. This is why I'm committed to an annual salary of N1 only if elected president. These difficult economic times will require everyone to make sacrifices. This is why I'm making the first step of taking a pay cut."

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2014
Yes, N1 Salary, N5 billion Allowance and $25 billion looting.

Atiku should forget it and allow APC to concentrate on Buhari project

3 Likes

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Crocz(m): 9:49am On Nov 28, 2014
Yeye chicken
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 28, 2014
making mouth any how beginning of corruption, how is that possible. all these politicians thinks we are dumb like them.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by AdmiralISAAC(m): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2014
Lol grin
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2014
Nice! All nigerians demand is a selfless service from a credible leader.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by EldaTimba(m): 9:54am On Nov 28, 2014
Atiku seems to be a better "change" to buhari. He keeps reeling out his plans while the latter keeps shouting GEJ and Corruption. We can not afford to give short sighted aspirants who know nothing about 21st century governance our mandate.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 28, 2014
JackBaueress1:
Nice! All nigerians demand is a selfless service from a credible leader.

Can you tell us what Atiku did as Chairman, National Council on Privatization between 1999 and 2007? What happened to PTDF when he held sway as Chairman before he was removed in 2007?
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by donmalcolm21(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Thief, ole, carry am go, why is this man so desperate to rule Nigeria.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by spyg1(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2014
I don't care about your salary, whether $1m per day i don't care, just tell us how you are trying to save your state from the insurgents.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Chidiokereke(m): 10:35am On Nov 28, 2014
I wonder what you'll change your 'signature' to after Atiku emerges as APCs flag-bearer grin
barcanista:
Yes, N1 Salary, N5 billion Allowance and $25 billion looting.

Atiku should forget it and allow APC to concentrate on Buhari project
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Chidiokereke(m): 10:37am On Nov 28, 2014
But first, think. How much is a president's annual salary? Then compare with how much his businesses are worth currently. It will begin to make more sense when you realise that salaries and allowances are two different things smiley
wilsondave:
making mouth any how beginning of corruption, how is that possible. all these politicians thinks we are dumb like them.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Chidiokereke(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2014
barcanista:
Can you tell us what Atiku did as Chairman, National Council on Privatization between 1999 and 2007? What happened to PTDF when he held sway as Chairman before he was removed in 2007?

I can show you what Elrufai said about the BPE. He was under oath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOA5ivRrxE

He has addressed the PTDF issue severally. Maybe his putting the money in private banks (to generate profit) was wrong, but the PTDF funds were returned, with the profit accrued. So what's all the noise for?
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by MudRaker: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2014
And then turn around and embezzle billions of dollars.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Chidiokereke(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2014
EldaTimba:
Atiku seems to be a better "change" to buhari. He keeps reeling out his plans while the latter keeps shouting GEJ and Corruption. We can not afford to give short sighted aspirants who know nothing about 21st century governance our mandate.

I can't even believe people will vote someone without a plan ...someone who wants to learn on the job. SMH
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by MudRaker: 10:45am On Nov 28, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Thief, ole, carry am go, why is this man so desperate to rule Nigeria.

The same question should be directed to your Buhari who is currently contesting for the record 4 th time.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 28, 2014
Chidiokereke:

I can show you what Elrufai said about the BPE. He was under oath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOA5ivRrxE

He has addressed the PTDF issue severally. Maybe his putting the money in private banks (to generate profit) was wrong, but the PTDF funds were returned, with the profit accrued. So what's all the noise for?
How does this Justify Atiku? hahahaha He called El rufai "Only Once". anyway read my succeeding posts
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by abuc: 11:06am On Nov 28, 2014
Offcourse he will make billions monthly as Nigeria President. N1 na for PR cheesy
But honestly, Atiku is a better politician than Buhari while
Buhari is less corrupt than Atiku.

I have been monitoring Atiku Digital Campaign and I'm very impress. He has
IDEAS but unfortunately, he cannot become President of Nigeria for now grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 28, 2014
Atiku looted Petroleum Training Development Fund While He was Chairman In 2007. Atiku as then Vice President was Indicted by the Enegertic EFCC Boss, Nuhu Ribadu, Obasanjo then forwarded the Document to the Senate. Did Atiku clear his name? If not that Jonathan is clueless, Atiku and Obasanjo should be in jail, but Buhari will revisit this particular case.

Excerpts from THE SENATE COMMITTEE REPORT, February 2007
THE CASE AGAINST THE VICE PRESIDENT

The Committee report expanded upon allegations made by Obasanjo (Ref D), finding some of the allegations to be accurate and some without base. In particular, the report found that disbursements of 125 million and 20 million USD made to the PTDF in 2003, upon Atiku's approval, for eight specific PTDF projects were largely invested through accounts at the Equitorial Trust Bank (ETB) and the Trans International Bank (TIB) rather than being used for the projects intended.

Following (though not immediately) several of the deposits at TIB, loans were granted to NDTV, Mofas Shipping, and Transvari Services -- all companies with demonstrated links to Atiku. These loans, as confirmed by the director of Spring Bank (the bank which took over the failing TIB under a bank consolidation program) were "irregular, poorly documented and uncollateralised." The committee found no
evidence of any other entity investing in the controversial NDTV/i-Gate transaction other than the TIB loans believed to have originated from PTDF funds.
In addition, the committee was unable to ascertain the status of the eight PTDF projects for which the funds were originally released. The committee noted that "the placement in TIB for the purpose of financing the NDTV/i-Gate deal, a purely private transaction, as against the putative purposes for which the funds were released in the first place amounts to misappropriation of public funds and abuse of public trust." (NOTE: According to the report, 1.13 billion Naira (8.8 million USD) loaned to NDTV, 420 million Naira (3.3 million USD) to Mofas Shipping and 300 million Naira (2.3 million USD) to Transvari Services
by TIB remain unrecovered, though they have been restructured.)

Contrary to Obasanjo's allegations (Ref. D), the Committee found no evidence of any lending relationship
between ETB and Globacom, nor any link between the PTDF and Marine Float Limited accounts. In addition, the committee found no evidence of any link between the PTDF and Mike Otunba Adenuga. The observation that funds were placed in investment accounts without regard to the original purpose
for which the funds were released also applied, however, to the funds placed in ETB.http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/8278-wikileaks-how-obasanjo-and-atiku-looted-the-ptdf-v15-8278

Sahara Reporters, 2007
Both President Olusegun Obasanjo and his deputy, Atiku Abubakar, were this morning indicted by the Senate Ad-Hoc committee which investigated the activities of the controversial Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF).

The committee, which submitted its report to the Senate this morning, specifically accused President Obasanjo of abuse of office and diversion of PTDF fund to purposes other than for which the funds were meant. But despite indicting both Obasanjo and Atiku in the management of the funds, the committee failed to recommend any punitive measures for both, preferring the Senate to decide on this.

The Senate committee also recommended the need for the National Assembly to show more interest in the activities of PTDF by exercising its oversight functions on the funds. The report also admitted in evidence testimony of the VP and this was substantially used by the committee to arrive at its conclusions.

The ad-hoc committee led by Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, was set up last year by the Senate in the wake of the verbal brickbats between President Obasanjo and Atiku on the mismanagement of the funds.

Investigations into the activities of PTDF last year by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) led to the indictment of Vice President Atiku Abubakar who was accused by the commission of misappropriating the funds.
This led to the setting up of an administrative panel of inquiry by the Presidency which found Atiku guilty of mismanagement of PTDF. Receiving the report, the Senate President, Senator Ken Nnamani, thanked the committee and declared that he would personally sign all the pages of the report to prevent forgery.

He said the time for rumour and fabrications are over and that the Senate would only work on facts. He assured senators that they would be given copies of the report and charged them to use the whole of today to study it so that they can make meaningful contributions to it tomorrow at the plenary session.
Meanwhile, the senate chamber was filled to capacity this morning as members of the public expected the upper legislative house to discuss Senator Arthur Nzeribe's motion calling on the Senate to pass a vote of no confidence on both Obasanjo and Atiku. The Senate, however, deferred the motion till tomorrow.
http://saharareporters.com/2007/02/28/breaking-news-ptdf-scandal-senate-indicts-obj-atiku-impeachment-motion-looms
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2014
caseIess:

Its like they are baning your asss mercilessly nowadays.
my brother,na so I see am o! Who else if not the Tyrant himself who uses impunity to ban APC supporters?

grin grin
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 28, 2014
caseIess:

grin

Gej till 2019

Bloodykiller, otu nne gi dia!!

So na you abi? Lolz!

grin grin
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 28, 2014
The Report on BBC 2007
The vice-president "abused his office by aiding and abetting the diversion of public funds in the sum of $145million" as loans to his friends, the report presented to a plenary session of the Senate said.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6402241.stm

Nairalanders Reaction to Senate Indictment...

https://www.nairaland.com/42503/atiku-indicted

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by donmalcolm21(m): 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
MudRaker:

The same question should be directed to your Buhari who is currently contesting for the record 4 th time.

it seems you are new here if u don't know I breath Fresh air daily.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by dguyindcorner(m): 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
MudRaker:

There's no limit to no of time you can try to be successful.Winners don't quit, ask Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Bob, Newton, Jobs etc.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by gramci: 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
barcanista:

Core Buhari Agent

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by cjrane: 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
If this is true, i will vote for Atiku!
The man truly inspires me so many times.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Trailblazer1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dear Atiku Media Team,
Please tell Atiku to stop contesting, i'll pay him the #1 salary for 4years.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Caseless: 7:39am On Nov 29, 2014
caseIess:

grin grin

Nope its me caseless

grin cheesy

Berem berem wink

Otu nne i too grin
bloodykiller, deactivate this account or i report u.
Re: Atiku To Collect 1naira Salary If Elected President by Jeezyy(m): 7:43am On Nov 29, 2014
uncle please tell us a story...

(1) (Reply)

Definition Of A Tanoid / Bomber Hits Maiduguri On New Year's Eve-punch / IPOB Lectures British High Commissioner On International Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.