Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,460 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:47 PM

Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? (8288 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Hoodlums Gang-Rape Lady To Death In Kogi / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 28, 2014
Recently there has been an increased report of r*pe cases, or probably the victims are now bold enough to report the traumatising and dehumanising experience.
There are various type(s) of r*pe, factors that prompt the cruelty, it could be perpetrated by a familiar/random person but we wouldn't be going into all that because r*pe is r*pe.

Following, a comment by Queen Jennimma (Incumbent Miss NL), citing indecent dressing as the reason for unconscionable level of r*pe cases and a counter opinion by Deehvahrzz.
__ see here :

https://www.nairaland.com/2014442/should-women-change-dressing-once/4

I believe it's a factor but I don't think it should justify the act. After all men sample abs, walk about with boxers and all...does that mean women should r*pe them too? (oh yeah...women r*pe men too). I see men @ work everyday___ that never 'park their thing(s)' well__ that doesn't mean I should r*pe them or consider the act.

Does indecent dressing justify r*pe ?
@naijaboiy (Incumbent Mr NL): Can you be the defence counsel of a r*pist?
If yes- can you state indecent dressing as a reason/justification for your client's act?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by holatin(m): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2014
yeah some dressing could make d vein on the prick straighten and some useless man with no self control could be possessed with ur seductive hullaboo

2 Likes

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by 5minsmadness: 11:04am On Nov 28, 2014
Does indecent dressing justify rape?
As in, if a girl dresses provocatively and she gets raped should the rapist be allowed to go free? The answer is no.

Does indecent dressing increase a girl's chances of being raped? Yes it does.

Should girls avoid indecent dressing to prevent being sexually harassed and possibly raped? Yes they should.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by KelvinGraphics(m): 11:09am On Nov 28, 2014
**MODIFIED**

NOOOOOO!!!!

Justify gini? undecided

Have U ever heard that a stripper abi na nude dancers were raped while on duty Why is it that niggahs who are into rape business don't dare it with them on there??
All those 50yearz old men wey dey rape 5yearz old children nko? Was is it as a result of indecent dressing??
Even Toll-Gate self dey get alternate root joorgrin
But prevention they say is better than cure sha

BORROWED:
So how come the mad woman walking around naked is not chosen for rape activities. A rapist is a weak, coward that cannot control his animalistic instincts.

Well some men are animals sha. So to avoid stories that touch mehn. Just avoid it, especially in Nigeria!!! I hope U get what i mean

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Djicemob: 11:14am On Nov 28, 2014
There is no justifiable reason for rape,Just as there is no justifiable reason for dressing indecent,be it for trend,fashion or low self-esteem.At times,it is an issue of "what you want is what you get"

Imagine someone dressing like this and then turn around to play the whole victim card in case of a molestation.angry

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by lilmax(m): 11:16am On Nov 28, 2014
No....simple
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Seun(m): 11:20am On Nov 28, 2014
A stupid question, the answer is no.
The reason why some women agree with this is because they want to believe that they won't be attacked because they dress decently.
Unfortunately, wanting something to be true does not make it so

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Ebubeslym(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2014
Seun:
The reason why some women agree with this is because they want to believe that they won't be attacked because they dress decently.

spot on
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by 5minsmadness: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
NOOOOOO!!!!

Justify gini? undecided

Have U ever heard that a stripper abi na nude dancers were raped while on duty Why is it that niggahs who are into rape business don't dare it with them on there??
All those 50yearz old men wey dey rape 5yearz old children nko? Was is it as a result of indecent dressing??
Even Toll-Gate self dey get alternate root joorgrin
But prevention they say is better than cure sha
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by englishmart(m): 11:33am On Nov 28, 2014
Seun:
based on the bolded, this thread is unreliable cheesy
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by MizMyColi(f): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2014

Lol Kachis, those your memes tho' cheesy

@Topic
Humans are social beings.
We have standards, we have values.

Despite our diversity, I do not know of any culture or religion world over that tries to justify rape in anyway.

People who do so are cowards who aren't willing to face their respective demons and fight!

Just like homicide, serial killing, abortion and other heinous crimes against humans and humanity, nothing could possibly justify such actions. Nothing!

If it's wrong, it's wrong! No need to sugarcoat things or try to blame some random person or thing for such misdemeanour.

It's innate in every person, born and unborn....even in those whose conscience has been seared in red-hot coal; we can always tell right from wrong, yet it remains largely our perogative to do right or wrong.

There's always a better way, a better choice, a better path.......it's called Love (in its different forms).
smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by tintingz(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2014
No, but indecent dressing also play a major role... like men fantasizing a woman dressing half-nak/ed this awake the konji monster.

Some people can't control that urge.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by MizMyColi(f): 11:46am On Nov 28, 2014
The Long and Short is No!

Nothing justifies rape, nothing.

@Seun, I quite disagree with you.

Her question doesn't seem silly, not from where I'm sitting tho'........

Agree or not, there are people out there who believe that a lady who wore hot mini and half top, walking past Ojuelegba bridge at about 7:30pm yesterday and was gang raped got exactly what she deserved......more like she got served! sad

Yes, there are people with such low thinking out there.

Depending on the outcome of this thread, I think it's a way of educating people, especially the uninformed among us (on this subject).

Irrespective of people's actions and inactions.....the change we direly need ought to start from us.

It begins with our thought process(es).

Good one, Kachisbarbie
smiley
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2014
@mizmycoli.....which memo na? Na because I just remove you from the memo tongue
__ I am not talking about justified by law in this circumstance.
It isn't uncommon to hear of a r*pe case and instead of people to focus on the act, they start scrutinising the victim. angry
____ like, what was she wearing?
__what was she doing there?
__maybe it's a deal gone wrong...etc.

Wellsaid @ your previous post. There are people out there who believe that a lady who happens to be wearing what passes as indecent in their eyes deserves to be r*ped.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by KelvinGraphics(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
I do not believe its entirely true. Some people just rape simply because they do not want to control their urge, whether she/he is fully dressed or not, if someone without self-control catches u alone, thats the end of it.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nursy(f): 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
Indecent dressing does not and cannot justify rape. Even someone that is properly dressed and covered can still be a victim of rape depending on the location or situation one finds his/herself.

Indecent dressing is most of the time, a trigger for rape action but it doesn't justify the act.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

It isn't uncommon to hear of a r*pe case and instead of people to focus on the act, they start scrutinising the victim. angry

Wellsaid @ your previous post. There are people out there who believe that a lady who happens to be wearing what passes as indecent in their eyes deserves to be r*ped.

AND SOMEONE HAD THIS TO SAY The only person worse than a rapist is one who would blame the victim for the rape

But you have to understand it that all human don't and can't think thesame. So level of understanding varies... So sometimes doing the right thing at the wrong place has its own effect cool
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by MizMyColi(f): 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

[s]It's actually a honour to have him comment kiss[/s]

By calling your effort at raising awareness, "
Silly"?

Madam, biko, talk suntin else undecided

Ma'am, what saying you now

embarassed I meant memes....as in, those cartoons you uploaded.

They funny gan. That lady entertainer in red - epic!
cheesy

@TheEmboldened
kiss
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nursy(f): 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mondisweets:
I do not believe its entirely true. Some people just rape simply because they do not want to control their urge, whether she/he is fully dressed or not, if someone without self-control catches u alone, thats the end of it.
lol, saw this after I submitted mine. My thots exactly.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
MizMyColi:

By calling your effort at raising awareness, "
Silly"?

Madam, biko, talk suntin else undecided

Ma'am, what saying you now

embarassed I meant memes....as in, those cartoons you uploaded.

They funny gan. That lady entertainer in red - epic!
cheesy

@TheEmboldened
kiss

haahahaha.
Sorry, I thought it was 'memo'...

Like I told you, I am kynda used to his rakish and blunt comments. grin

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by chibwike(m): 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mizmycoli i dont seem to get you.,
kachisbarbie you cant compare men and women in terms of sexual atraction.,a girl can see a full unclad pic of a guy and still control herself,. Buh a guy can't do that.,,.thats just how they were created.

And to the topic. I dont think indecent dressing justifies rape...
Most ladies that re been raped,.dont dress badly,. They might jst be victim of some perves,or cursed individuals.

I haven't heard that any of all these hot chics that dress indecently and roam about,.,.got raped.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nonso23:
There will always be psychos and maniacs.
Those ones are another thing altogether.
All rapists are psychos.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by teewai3(m): 12:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Blaming women’s clothing for rape is a threadbare argument.It is alarming to read or hear that so many people seem to believe that a woman is responsible for inviting a rape or sexual assault, because of what she was wearing,Bad men rape women, doesn’t matter whether women are with or without pants. Good men do not rape women even if women are not only without pants, Rape is an appalling crime and has a devastating effect on victims, and those close to them. In other words, nobody asks to be raped.This question does not come as a surprise when a 4-year-old girl was raped in a bus by the driver when she was the last one to be dropped home after school. I assume school uniform is modest attire. And I have no idea how a 4-year-old can be seen as provocative. its high time we admitted that a sexual assault on a woman has nothing to do with the kind of clothes she wears. It’s the intent of the man concerned.
To the women: It’s not your fault that men lust. If you’re worried all the time that your attire is causing men to stumble, just know that men like hands, feet, legs, kneecaps, hair, eyes, lips… pretty much every part of a woman’s body. You cannot possibly cover it all up. (If you think that the answer to lust is longer skirts, tops that show zero cleavage, and baggy britches that don’t show curves, remember that somewhere in Saudi Arabia right now, there’s a guy who’s drooling because he saw a woman’s arm exposed below the elbow.lolz

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
chibwike:
Mizmycoli i dont seem to get you.,
kachisbarbie you cant compare men and women in terms of sexual atraction.,a girl can see a full unclad pic of a guy and still control herself,. Buh a guy can't do that.,,.thats just how they were created.
Bro have U been a girl b4?
Who created men that way The last time U saw an unclad pix or a real unclad mad woman where U able to control urself or not??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by midasbliss(f): 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
Seriously, I dnt think so, even though Provocative dressing has become a trend for most nigerian ladies, I bliv rapists are psychologically sick! angry
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ANSU Student Beaten-up For Multiple Crimes / Nigeria / Adventure Into Onitsha Sex Market•pregnant Women, Mothers & Daughters Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.