Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? (8311 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Hoodlums Gang-Rape Lady To Death In Kogi / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by 5minsmadness: 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
VickyyB:

None is going to be raped.
I can attest that if they both dress like that in an outing, nothing will happen.
A perverted man would rape any of them if 'either' get into his bait. smiley
Pls lets be honest abeg.
Which of them dressing like this ALL THE TIME is most likely going to get raped?
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
chibwike:
Lol...you said men re the once corrupting as day goes on...ok what would you say bout prosituttes.
Prostitute objectify themselves as a commercial sex workers.
Their work is to be sexed and paid for/on.
So, don't compare them with other girls.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
5minsmadness:

Pls lets be honest abeg.
Which of them dressing like this ALL THE TIME is most likely going to get raped?
I repeat that none of them is going to be raped.
Any of them can get raped if kept with the pervert alone.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by chibwike(m): 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
VickyyB:

Prostitute objectify themselves as a commercial sex workers.
Their work is to be sexed and paid for/on.
So, don't compare them with other girls.
They re all girls...coz if u see a prostitute on the way...u would'nt know

You said men are the
ones corrupting..

And i was also trying to tell you that women are not saints either.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Daddi: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
many may misunderstand my view but truth be said. A rapist is a crimminal, a coward animal among men but some things trigger some actions. so ladies pls play ur part so that two people cannot be wrong at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Creamish(f): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
There is no justification for rape. Rape is insanity and insanity cannot be justified.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by UjSizzle(f): 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lol, and to think I'd wanted speaking with you, one on one on the Dos and Donts in that world.....*facepalm*

I read thru' your blog and for a moment.....I questioned if blogging's my calling.
LoL
cheesy

I'll share the addy as soon as I add more posts.
My exams are crippling me in a way.

I'll mail you tho'
Lol aren't you the queen of flattery tongue

If it makes you feel any better, I read a number of blogs and wonder why I even bothered to start. It's a lot different from owning a diary (huge shocker for me)). But you'll be fine smiley

I'll be happy to help anyway i can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Ilovenigeria(f): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
They can as well rape goats, dogs, monkeys and cows because as far as I know, they all dress unclad msteeew.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Ilovenigeria(f): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mizmycoli you like sharing post ehhh.grin
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
UjSizzle:

If men can train themselves to notice a zillion and one things in a woman before her sexuality, I'm sure this rape menace will be reduced. Even if it takes seeing them as siblings to make it work at all.

Meanwhile, why is everything in this world highly sexualized? It's like humans have suddenly become walking intimacy gadgets undecided

Our closest relatives, on the evolutionary tree, Chimps and Bonobos are hypersexed 5-star sluts.

So are we.

The only problem with cheating this, and cheating that is that we haven't fully come to terms with the true nature of human sexuality.

Not so long ago 'experts' still held that women had absolutely no sex drives. As in ZERO.

Up till the 19th century, do you know what happened to women suffering from sexual frustration? They were diagnosed with a disease! A disease, yes. They called it hysteria.

What was the treatment? Massaging the genitals to órgasm.

The vibrator was eventually invented by a doctor for the treatment of hysterics...because the number of women who suffer from hysteria - and required repeated 'treatment' were just overwhelming for doctors grin.

Socially, we only adopted a concept like monogamy to maintain order. But monogamy itself is an aberration in nature.

You can read more about hysteria here.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
^^^ Ahhh...wrong thread.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Deehvahrzz(f): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=tintingz post=28414895]No, but indecent dressing also play a major role... like men fantasizing a woman dressing half-nak/ed this awake the konji monster.

Some people can't control that urge. [/quote

Lemme ask Men that rape 3years old girls, was it because of indecent dressing? If ur senses tell you to force the lady dressed indecently, den u nid to be delivered or taken to yaba left. If your sister dresses in wat you see as indecent, wont u tell konji to chill?
Let's all imagine our sisters, daughters victim of rape Nd d guys says its cuz she was flashing her boobs. Am sure u will be d first to go for his neck. Nothing justifies rape I tell you. Nd in every 10 girls, at least six have been raped. Let us all not try to justify what has destroyed a lot of people.
Working with rape victims open my eyes to a lot. Pls let's say no to rape. They turn our angels to scared, timid ladies with no self esteem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Seun(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
I object to the terms "provocative" or "indecent" dressing, by the way. They are loaded with biased meaning. The term "skimpy" is better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by sheffyUTD(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
Seun:
I object to the terms "provocative" or "indecent" dressing, by the way. They are loaded with biased meaning. The term "skimpy" is better.

Seun:
The term "skimpy" is better.
. . . English and nothing more!
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by tintingz(m): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
Deehvahrzz:

Lemme ask Men that rape 3years old girls, was it
because of indecent dressing? If ur senses tell
you to force the lady dressed indecently, den u
nid to be delivered or taken to yaba left. If your
sister dresses in wat you see as indecent, wont u
tell konji to chill?
Let's all imagine our sisters, daughters victim of
rape Nd d guys says its cuz she was flashing her
bosoms. Am sure u will be d first to go for his
neck. Nothing justifies rape I tell you. Nd in every
10 girls, at least six have been raped. Let us all
not try to justify what has destroyed a lot of
people.
Working with rape victims open my eyes to a lot.
Pls let's say no To Molest. They turn our angels
to scared, timid ladies with no self esteem.
Read my post well, I said indecent dressing also play a major role that lead some men into raping.

A man fantasizing about a woman dressing half-naked won't he have the urge to have sexx? just look at our today music videos and the booty shaking girls. This is where some men rape...it takes self-control to kill the urge/konji.

konji cannot just arise from nowhere, something must trigger it.

No, indecent dressing does not justify rape but we can't overlook it tho.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by yinkuscious(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Seun:
indecent is "indecent", since everyone knows what the generally accepted standard is. Skimpy is also indecency.

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by UjSizzle(f): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Our closest relatives, on the evolutionary tree, Chimps and Bonobos are hypersexed 5-star sluts.

So are we.
No we're not. I know about bonobonos and their hypersexuality, but most often than not, they serve bigger functions than reproduction for their community eg settling disputes, of which the human population have courts.
So why again should we climb down the evolutionary ladder just because we think there's more fun down there?

The only problem with cheating this, and cheating that is that we haven't fully come to terms with the true nature of human sexuality.

Not so long ago 'experts' still held that women had absolutely no sex drives. As in ZERO.

Up till the 19th century, do you know what happened to women suffering from sexual frustration? They were diagnosed with a disease! A disease, yes. They called it hysteria.

What was the treatment? Massaging the genitals to órgasm.

The vibrator was eventually invented by a doctor for the treatment of hysterics...because the number of women who suffer from hysteria - and required repeated 'treatment' were just overwhelming for doctors grin.

Socially, we only adopted a concept like monogamy to maintain order. But monogamy itself is an aberration in nature.

You can read more about hysteria here.
Nice story grin
There's something wrong with the link though.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by naijaboiy: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Well,,everything has been said sad
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by GSKing: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
MizMyColi:
The Long and Short is No!

Nothing justifies rape, nothing.

@Seun, I quite disagree with you.

Her question doesn't seem silly, not from where I'm sitting tho'........

Agree or not, there are people out there who believe that a lady who wore hot mini and half top, walking past Ojuelegba bridge at about 7:30pm yesterday and was gang raped got exactly what she deserved......more like she got served! sad

Yes, there are people with such low thinking out there.

Depending on the outcome of this thread, I think it's a way of educating people, especially the uninformed among us (on this subject).

Irrespective of people's actions and inactions.....the change we direly need ought to start from us.

It begins with our thought process(es).

Good one, Kachisbarbie
smiley

Its so unfortunate that this is your view. What you're saying is that boys will always be boys and girls should cover up their bodies so as not to provoke the animalistic tendencies in boys. In other words, the male libido should be tamed?

It doesn't matter what any females puts on on the streets... be it a monokini or bikini... rape isn't justified.

If ever there is an excuse to justify rape, no judge should accept "indecent dressing" as a reason.

Objectifying the body should stop, everyone should wear what she's comfortable in without worrying about some rapist stalking their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by MizMyColi(f): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
GSKing:

Its so unfortunate that this is your view.

How do you mean? What's unfortunate about my view?

What you're saying is that boys will always be boys and girls should cover up their bodies so as not to provoke the animalistic tendencies in boys. In other words, the male libido should be tamed?

I don't quite follow smiley
Is that what you feel/think I'm saying or did I expressly say that anywhere on this thead?

It doesn't matter what any females puts on on the streets... be it a monokini or bikini... rape isn't justified.

If ever there is an excuse to justify rape, no judge should accept "indecent dressing" as a reason.

Objectifying the body should stop, everyone should wear what she's comfortable in without worrying about some rapist stalking their lives.

How does this differ from what I've been saying?
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
GSKing:

Its so unfortunate that this is your view. What you're saying is that boys will always be boys and girls should cover up their bodies so as not to provoke the animalistic tendencies in boys. In other words, the male libido should be tamed?

I think both of you're said the same thing. #confused
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by 5minsmadness: 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
BuddhaPalm:
^^^ Ahhh...wrong thread.
Abeg direct me to the thread where u guys r discussing this plssssss
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by 5minsmadness: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
Some people here are allowing emotion becloud thier judgment.
Nobody is saying provocative dressing justifies rape.
What we are saying is if you as a girl dresses provocatively you are more likely to attract sexual attention than a girl who dresses decently. The more sexual attention you attract the more likely you are going to get raped. Its not rocket science.

Rape can never be justified. It can be avoided though.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by akinsadeez(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nothing justifies rape quite alright but there is no doubt that indecent dressing encourages rape. We all don't think the same way. There are some men who get aroused easily and when they see women with majority of their body parts open they find it difficult to restrain themselves. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be punished.
What I don't understand is how someone can derive joy from sleeping with someone against their will. Isn't s.ex more pleasurable when there are two willing participants?
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
UjSizzle:

No we're not. I know about bonobonos and their hypersexuality, but most often than not, they serve bigger functions than reproduction for their community eg settling disputes, of which the human population have courts.
So why again should we climb down the evolutionary ladder just because we think there's more fun down there?

Nice story grin
There's something wrong with the link though.

Aha, little Seun's word filters.

In the link, just replace "Romance-Machines" with vibrátors.

Great you know your brothers and sisters, the bonobos grin.

About 'climbing down' the evolutionary ladder; even if it were to be a descent...will be by just a few steps. We share close to 98% of our DNA with these excessively promiscuous dudes.

And just like the bonobos, sex serves many a function in humans too: recreation, social bonding, barter/commerce, reproduction, etc.

Humans obviously evolved or were designed for multi-male/multi-female mating (gang-bangs). The human male's genitalía packs excessive firepower (300 million sperm cells...), and the human female's organ is designed for spérm competition.

Yes, spérm from different males, in there, at the same time.

The human female broadcasts sex invitations 24/7 (permanent swellings). Doesn't have a mating season, masks her ovulation and packs an atom-bomb of a pleasure organ called the clitóris.

Finally, theory aside; open your eyes and really look. Don't you see mass "hysteria" in your specie?

1 Like

Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by GSKing: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
MizMyColi:

How do you mean? What's unfortunate about my view?

What you're saying is that boys will always be boys and girls should cover up their bodies so as not to provoke the animalistic tendencies in boys. In other words, the male libido should be tamed?

I don't quite follow smiley
Is that what you feel/think I'm saying or did I expressly say that anywhere on this thead?

How does this differ from what I've been saying?

Kachisbarbie:

I think both of you're said the same thing. #confused

That was a mix up, post belonged to someone in page 1.

Apologies MizMyColi.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
yinkuscious:
indecent is "indecent", since everyone knows what the generally accepted standard is. Skimpy is also indecency.

My brother, there's really no genarally accepted standard.

A little over 100 years ago, women in the east walked about bare breasted - and it wasn't considered indecency. Why would it be indecent now?

My very own grandmother said they ran into the bush whenever the whites wanted to give them clothes.
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
5minsmadness:

Abeg direct me to the thread where u guys r discussing this plssssss

You too like bad thing grin: https://www.nairaland.com/2018164/opinion-girls-sleep-married-men/
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by yinkuscious(m): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

My brother, there's really no genarally accepted standard.

A little over 100 years ago, women in the east walked about bare breasted - and it wasn't considered indecency. Why would it be indecent now?

My very own grandmother said they ran into the bush whenever the whites wanted to give them clothes.
this is the 21st century, where semi-unclothedness or total unclothedness is tagged as "madness"
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
yinkuscious:
this is the 21st century, where semi-unclothedness or total unclothedness is tagged as "madness"

By who?

Its all shifting sands bro...
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
It never does
Re: Does Indecent Dressing Justify Rape? by yinkuscious(m): 6:30am On Nov 29, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

By who?

Its all shifting sands bro...
let me ask u this, can u cope amidst this ladies with "skimpy" dress ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture / Police Shoots Man For Laughing / Kidnappers Meet Their Waterloo In Benin City - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.