Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} (25887 Views)

2016 NAIRALAND JAMB TUTORIAL {the Physics Thread } / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by mesoade(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2014
icecalm:
still wrong
awww! ,then tell me
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2014
sammyomotola:
D
still wrong. the answer is (e). the bleaching agent use to bleach his hat can easily undergoes oxidation due to atmospheric oxygen and sun light. thus such bleaching agent must have bleached the hat by reduction and oxidation reaction will be more efficient in reversing it bleaching effect. undoubtedly, the bleaching agent used to bleach Musa's hat is sulphur (iv) oxide which bleach by reduction.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2014
mesoade:
he's wearing it in the head,then i think the sun bleaches(responsible for the reduction) it
I think this answer is (a) ryt. check my previous post I have written the answer is (e)
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 27, 2014
QUESTIONS

(1)25cm³ of HCl was used to neutralize 50cm³ of 0.5M solution of Sodium Hydroxide, calculate the concentration of the Acid.
let + indicate acid and -indicate Base (CV)+/(CV)-=a/b mole
equation of reaction
HCl + NaOH→ NaCl + H2O
C×25cm³/0.5M×50cm³=1/1mol (cross multiple )
C=50cm³×0.5M/25cm³=1M

(2) The pH of an Acid is 1.8, find the concentration of hydrogen ion in the Acid. (hint 1.6×10ⁿ)

pH=1.8 ( Acidic)
pH= —logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration to base 10
log[H+]= –1.8= –2+0.2=pronounced bar 2.2 (with the first digit (2) having a pronounced bar, hence the characteristics of the log and the other the mantassi)
Now find the antilog of pronuonced bar 2.2: ignore the characteristics find the antilog of the mantassi 2 from antilog table or simply punch 10^0.2 on a calc. you will get 1.5849.
H+= 1.58×10–2
NB:pronounced bar 2 will give a negative two as the power of the antilog of pronounced bar 2.2 in standard form, thus,
H+= 1.6×10–2
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by VEVEDIHNO: 5:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Plz help me out with diz

A radiaoactive substance has a halflife of 80days if the initial no of atoms in the sample is 6x10^10.How many atoms will remain at the end of 320days.

Fankz In advance
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by mathefaro(m): 8:48am On Dec 30, 2014
VEVEDIHNO:
Plz help me out with diz

A radiaoactive substance has a halflife of 80days if the initial no of atoms in the sample is 6x10^10.How many atoms will remain at the end of 320days.

Fankz In advance
first and foremost, what is half life?
the time required for one half the atoms of a given amount of a radioactive substance to disintegrate. So to your question, since the half life of the substance is 80 days, at the end of the first 80 days, half of the initial number of atoms must have decayed to remain 3 x 10^10 atoms, after another 80days(160 days altogether), 1.5 x 10^10 will be left, after 240 days, 0.75 x 10^10 then at the end of 320 days, 0.375 x 10 ^10 = 3.75 x 10^9atoms will remain.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
QUESTION

(1) Which of the following compounds has a linear structure.
(a) Carbon(iv)Oxide
(b) Methane
(c) Water
(d) Ammonia
(e) Trichloromethane

(2) Which of the following compounds could cause blindness if consumed.
(a) Trichloromethane
(b) Methanol
(c) Dissolved Carbon(iv)Oxide in water
(d) Dissolved Sodium Chloride in water
(e) Ethanol
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2015
icecalm:
QUESTION

(1) Which of the following compounds has a linear structure.
(a) Carbon(iv)Oxide =>Linear
(b) Methane =>Tetrahedral
(c) Water => Bent or V-shape
(d) Ammonia =>Trigonal Pyramidal
(e) Trichloromethane =>Tetrahedral

(2) Which of the following compounds could cause blindness if consumed.
(a) Trichloromethane
(b) Methanol : also Known as WOOD SPIRIT. When consumed, it breaks down into formic acid which causes blindness by damaging the Optic Nerve.
(c) Dissolved Carbon(iv)Oxide in water
(d) Dissolved Sodium Chloride in water
(e) Ethanol
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=gameboi post=29395478][/quote]Copacetic
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
icecalm:
Copacetic
I don't understand what you typed oh.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
gameboi:
I don't understand what you typed oh.
lol, excellent work bro.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
icecalm:
lol, excellent work bro.
okay. Thanks bro.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
gameboi:
okay. Thanks bro.
okay u welcome
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
icecalm:
okay u welcome
Is there any other question? This place is becoming cold and dry.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
gameboi:
Is there any other question? This place is becoming cold and dry.
many
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
QUESTION

What volume of Carbon(iv)Oxide will be produce in cm³ when 5g of carbon is burnt completely in air at s.t.p.(C=12, O=16 molar volume of gas at s.t.p =22.4dm³)
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
icecalm:
many
Hehehe! grin
How many is "Many" ?
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
gameboi:
Hehehe! grin
How many is "Many" ?
hope u saw the question
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
icecalm:
hope u saw the question
Yeas, I did. I'm on it already.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
gameboi:
Yeas, I did. I'm on it already.
k still review on the question once more
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 10:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
icecalm:
QUESTION

What volume of Carbon(iv)Oxide will be produce in cm when 5g of carbon is burnt completely in air at s.t.p.(C=12, O=16 molar volume of gas at s.t.p =22.4dm³)
9408cm3
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 02, 2015
gameboi:
9408cm3
u almost got it
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by DelePhd: 12:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Wow! Good job so far @ all.

This video beautifully summarizes Explicit Biology and Explicit Chemistry. Watch, like and share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AV9VjFayKE
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by mathefaro(m): 5:16am On Jan 02, 2015
icecalm:
QUESTION

What volume of Carbon(iv)Oxide will be produce in cm³ when 5g of carbon is burnt completely in air at s.t.p.(C=12, O=16 molar volume of gas at s.t.p =22.4dm³)
C + O2 --> CO2
from the equation, it can be seen that
1 mole of C will yield 1 one mole of CO2, then changing to mass and volume respectively as required by the question;
12g of C = 22.4dm3 of CO2, so
5g of C = x;
x = (22.4 * 5)/12
x = 9.3333dm3
== 9333.3cm3 since 1dm3 = 1000cm3
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by gameboi: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2015
icecalm:
u almost got it
Okay.
Mathefaro has gotten it already. That should be the answer.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
gameboi:
Okay.
Mathefaro has gotten it already. That should be the answer.
yeah chemistry is fun right
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 03, 2015
icecalm:
yeah chemistry is fun right
not at allundecided... I'm still not getting the subject, now I know how people who don't understand maths feel
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2015
Preboy:

not at allundecided... I'm still not getting the subject, now I know how people who don't understand maths feel
lol maths is a world problem
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by HercJay(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2015
Please someone should help me with this.

What are positrons? their structure and function.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by mathefaro(m): 10:48am On Jan 03, 2015
HercJay:
Please someone should help me with this.

What are positrons? their structure and function.
positron, also called positive electron, positively charged subatomic particle having the same mass and magnitude of charge as the electron and constituting the antiparticle of a negative electron.
Positrons are emitted in the positive beta decay of proton-rich (neutron-deficient) radioactive nuclei and are formed in pair production, in which the energy of a gamma ray in the field of a nucleus is converted into an electron-positron pair. They are also produced in the decays of certain short-lived particles, such as positive muons. Positrons emitted from man-made radioactive sources are used in medical diagnosis in the technique known as positron emission tomography(PET).
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by hatux: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
Has this stopped here guys? @icecalm, mathefaro, adebayour, preboy, mesoade...
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} by mathefaro(m): 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
hatux:
Has this stopped here guys? @icecalm, mathefaro, adebayour, preboy, mesoade...
I'm always available for anybody anybody who needs help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Your Admission Status Via Jamb Website / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner / Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.