Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism (1113 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism by samuelkaykay(m): 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
ABUJA—The Director General of National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Brig-General Johnson Olawumi, yesterday, ruled out favouritism in the selection process of nominees in the forthcoming NYSC Presidential Award.
There had been complaints from some corps members that the selection of past winners of the award had been fraught with irregularities.
But Olawumi at the opening of 2014 President’s NYSC Honours Award National Selection Committee Meeting, in Abuja, insisted that the scheme would not derail from its core value of transparency, fairness and accountability.
To this end, he charged the committee to be fair and transparent to ensure that their decisions stood the scrutiny of the general public.
“As you embark on the selection process, I wish to implore you to approach the task with commitment, diligence and high level of responsibility.
“This is the only way by which the committee can come out with decisions that will bring the very best out of several nominees presented for selection.
“The assignment before the committee is a very sensitive one, therefore, decisions arrived at must be fair, so that they will not only stand the scrutiny of the general public, but meet the expectation of all Nigerians,” he said.
The Director of Corps Welfare and Inspectorate, NYSC, Mr Michael Ahile, who double as the Secretary of the committee, said: “The Inspectorate has taken some pains to verify claims from State Secretariat to forestall novelty and frivolities.
“With the steps we have taken. I am optimistic that the quality of the work will be satisfactory and indisputable.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/favouritism-nysc-presidential-award-says-dg/
Re: NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism by nairamaverick(m): 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
I'm sure that Corp member that donated to gej campaign would get a national honour
Re: NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism by samuelkaykay(m): 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Not just any question,update us on the progress of the national award.
Re: NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism by Vicben(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2014
I heard the names are out now. can anyone confirm that?
Re: NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism by samuelkaykay(m): 4:10am On Dec 03, 2014
Yes,the names are out,qualified persons have been notified.ceremony will come up next week.
Re: NYSC NAT AWARD Soon!no More Favouritism by Vicben(m): 6:42am On Dec 05, 2014
samuelkaykay:
Yes,the names a
re out,qualified persons have been notified.ceremony will come up next week.
please Do you know from which batches the names have been selected?

(1) (Reply)

NASU Strike Called Off / Hello House, Is There A Way I Can Redeploy, Even After I Have Been Given PPA / See How Much It Cost To Register For NYSC Batch A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.