Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (40979 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
We're a religious country but some of these answers sha ... i suppose no one can be an Atheist in Nigeria o shocked

“I believe they are not real human beings”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pd9LUonN6o

What do you think of people who do not believe in god?
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hypocrites: a word that best describes Nigerians.

Our fellow "religous" Nigerians're the same ones who practice prostitution, adultery and fornication yet if you ask reasons why they quote bibles to rationalize their actions.
I've seen people physically restrain themselves from fighting me when I tell them religion is a method of human control. Even "men of God" are not safe from sin and even lie to cover up tracks.

Tell me, the people who burn thieves and 'witches' in Nigeria, are they atheists

[EDIT]

A lot of liberal minded Nigerians on this thread. I guess it really does the mind good to disregard belief in invisible entities and use same brainpower for logical thoughts and reason. I'm proud.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by davien(m): 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Davien chapter 34;7
And it came to pass those who were once fed to the lions have become the lions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
A Nigerian Lady here on Nairaland said she would rather marry an armed robber than an atheists.

Well, that tells you soooooo much about our values, and why we remain a basket case society.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by asalimpo(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
because ppl know a disbelieve in God is a worse perversion of mind than anything the world has come up against.
Mayb false religion seeks to control but every successful entity had success by restraining it's raging but detrimental desires.
To put down religion for telling you to do same is to b a fool.
You cannot succeed without stringent self control (discipline)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by davien(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
asalimpo:
because ppl know a disbelieve in God is a worse perversion of mind than anything the world has come up against.
Mayb false religion seeks to control but every successful entity had success by restraining it's raging but detrimental desires.
I can barely understand your post..

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Kay17: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
Most of the interviewees could not wrap their minds around the possible absence of a Creator, a purpose provider. God to them does not only satisfy the existence of the universe, but more importantly their own existences. So if God becomes absent, their lives become meaningless.

28 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
asalimpo:

This is laughable.

Where was the discipline and stringent self-control of god-believing , bible thumping slave traders?
Where is the discipline and stringent self-control of god believing Islamic fundamentalist that kill and maim with out conscience or remorse?
Where is the discipline and stringent self control of Nigeria's god-believing armies of looters and economic sabotuers from 1960 to the present time?

Please , stop this very fraudulent association with theism and being good. History is very clear about the havoc that god-believers have wrought on humanity for many millenia.

Who exactly do you think you are deceiving with this crap?
Please, enough of this false crap.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:
Most of the interviewees could not wrap their minds around the possible absence of a Creator, a purpose provider. God to them does not only satisfy the existence of the universe, but more importantly their own existences. So if God becomes absent, their lives become meaningless.

God isn't absent. The existence of God is factual. However I have learnt that atheism isn't based on facts but poor thinking.

11 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Kay17: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

God isn't absent. The existence of God is factual. However I have learnt that atheism isn't based on facts but poor thinking.

Uyi Iredia,

Most of the people interviewed are simple folks. They are not equipped as you are, with the elaborate theological devices and philosophies you have. The existence of God must have been justified in the simplest possible manner - the purpose provider for their existence. For most of them, simple faith suffices. Regardless of the stretch between faith and facts.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:

Uyi Iredia,

Most of the people interviewed are simple folks. They are not equipped as you are, with the elaborate theological devices and philosophies you have. The existence of God must have been justified in the simplest possible manner - the purpose provider for their existence. For most of them, simple faith suffices. Regardless of the stretch between faith and facts.

And indeed, God is the source of purpose of all kinds. I don't use elaborate reasons to show God exists. My intuition, clear facts and some common sense. But atheists lack intuition, ignore facts and twist common sense. BTW lot of facts are taken on faith. I doubt you have seen someone's DNA. Yet you take it as a fact on faith.

11 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

" God is factual ".

Even the greatest of dummies don't go that far.

I rightly predicted that when one goes from being a religiotard to being an agnostic, to being an deist, to flirting with atheism, then back to being a religiotard, that person tends to go over the top, becoming even more irrational than the simple ordinary religiotard, who, even while wrong, are at least honest with their beliefs.

If god is factual, then I wonder why we are arguing about his existence everyday, and why you have pondered and even doubted his existence in recent past.

22 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Kay17: 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

And indeed, God is the source of purpose of all kinds. I don't use elaborate reasons to show God exists. My intuition, clear facts and some common sense. But atheists lack intuition, ignore facts and twist common sense. BTW lot of facts are taken on faith. I doubt you have seen someone's DNA. Yet you take it as a fact on faith.

What is material is that God is a possible source of purpose, which is what satisfies them.

And I have endlessly stressed to you and other theists, that we ought to concern ourselves with the immediate cause. if you are worried about the nature and source of the DNA, then look for the immediate cause. If you are worried about the beginning of the Universe, search for the immediate cause. For me, God is a convenient remote cause which is abstractly metaphysical. It is crazy. Whereas, you and other theists like deepsight - attach your individual frailties to your search for truth. You need a purpose Uyi not a God.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

What a baloney.
You sir, sure know how to whip up baloneys.

Intuition, clear facts and common sense work together to show you that god exists?

I wish you would reread your posts before posting.

If god was factual, you wouldn't need intuition to know it.
If intuition shows you god, then it means that god is not factual, but intuitive.
If common sense leads you to god, then such common sense should lead everyone to same conclusion, without any variation whatsoever.

What is evident here is that you desperately want to believe that god exists , nothing else.

21 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

What a baloney.
You sir, sure know how to whip up baloneys.

Intuition, clear facts and common sense work together to show you that god exists?

I wish you would reread your posts before posting.

If god was factual, you wouldn't need intuition to know it.
If intuition shows you god, then it means that god is not factual, but intuitive.
If common sense leads you to god, then such common sense should lead everyone to same conclusion, without any variation whatsoever.

What is evident here is that you desperately want to believe that god exists , nothing else.

This from someone with wild and weird theories on energies and vibrations causing the universe. On the issue of God, atheists lack common sense. You in particular as I've come to learn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:

What is material is that God is a possible source of purpose, which is what satisfies them.

And I have endlessly stressed to you and other theists, that we ought to concern ourselves with the immediate cause. if you are worried about the nature and source of the DNA, then look for the immediate cause. If you are worried about the beginning of the Universe, search for the immediate cause. For me, God is a convenient remote cause which is abstractly metaphysical. It is crazy. Whereas, you and other theists like deepsight - attach your individual frailties to your search for truth. You need a purpose Uyi not a God.

The source of purpose. God is no convenient remote cause. I'm not eager to restate or bring any new proof to someone who remains wilfully ignorant to the point of ignoring facts. Truth and causality are immaterial. They are products of a consciousness that is in essence immaterial and find immediate cause in God. BTW immediate causes rest on final causes.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Kay17: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

The source of purpose. God is no convenient remote cause. I'm not eager to restate or bring any new proof to someone who remains wilfully ignorant to the point of ignoring facts. Truth and causality are immaterial. They are products of a consciousness that is in essence immaterial and find immediate cause in God. BTW immediate causes rest on final causes.

But you do not have the data nor empirical facts to make that tie between God and consciousness. You merely tie up consciousness with an unknown. Again final causes are remote.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:

But you do not have the data nor empirical facts to make that tie between God and consciousness. You merely tie up consciousness with an unknown. Again final causes are remote.

I have one. Natural processes lack consciousness and lack the capacity to produce it. It is okay to assume God is behind consciousness. That's the only other option.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Kay17: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

I have one. Natural processes lack consciousness and lack the capacity to produce it. It is okay to assume God is behind consciousness. That's the only other option.

The other option is observe Nature, and watch/observe how DNAs and other 'codes' evolve. Again, you preemptly define 'codes' especially when we are disputing the cause.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:

The other option is observe Nature, and watch/observe how DNAs and other 'codes' evolve. Again, you preemptly define 'codes' especially when we are disputing the cause.

codes don't evolve they are highly conserved. I would expect you to know what a code is. in any case what I see is a materialist disputing Gods existence on his baseless premise. As I've said natural processes can't make codes.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by saintvc(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
They are fools........bible

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Kay17: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

codes don't evolve they are highly conserved. I would expect you to know what a code is. in any case what I see is a materialist disputing Gods existence on his baseless premise. As I've said natural processes can't make codes.

But a natural process was responsible for the DNA transfer from parents to offspring along with the offspring's individual DNA footprint.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by asalimpo(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

This is laughable.

Where was the discipline and stringent self-control of god-believing , bible thumping slave traders?
Where is the discipline and stringent self-control of god believing Islamic fundamentalist that kill and maim with out conscience or remorse?
Where is the discipline and stringent self control of Nigeria's god-believing armies of looters and economic sabotuers from 1960 to the present time?

Please , stop this very fraudulent association with theism and being good. History is very clear about the havoc that god-believers have wrought on humanity for many millenia.

Who exactly do you think you are deceiving with this crap?
Please, enough of this false crap.

the people you mentioned arent adhering strictly to d tenets of their respective religions. If they were the world wud b better off with religion. The gave in to their detrimental base desires.
Religion is gud because it tells you wat not to do and wat to do . Its prescriptive. Without these dictates there wud b no civility as we know it and no stability hence no socio economic progress and world advancement. In other words, we wud still b in d dark ages.

The true Religion is bible-based christianity nothg else. Islam is of d devil . We are still lamentg Abraham's false move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
asalimpo:

the people you mentioned arent adhering strictly to d tenets of their respective religions. If they were the world wud b better off with religion. The gave in to their detrimental base desires.
Religion is gud because it tells you wat not to do and wat to do . Its prescriptive. Without these dictates there wud b no civility as we know it and no stability hence no socio economic progress and world advancement. In other words, we wud still b in d dark ages.

The true Religion is bible-based christianity nothg else. Islam is of d devil . We are still lamentg Abraham's false move.

Same old nonsense.
" Religion is good , but bad people make it bad " . Right sir.
Well then, you agree that religion is bad. If so, then people without religion have a better chance of being better human beings. Don't you think so?

And by the way, I challenge you to show me , in the entire course of human history, any society , any nation that lived in peace , harmony, social justice and equality on account of any RELIGION.

If you cannot name any nation, and time in history, then your entire posts fail.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
asalimpo:

There you go.
Your religion is the true one, and the other is the devil's.
And people who say bullshyte to both are......?

Arrrhhh!

Another waste of my time. undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by manmustwac(m): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
There is a christian scientist in the video who can't even understand why some people become atheists Just proves that no matter how intelligent he claims to be he can't think outside the box of religion.

12 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by kimond101: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nigeria is filled with many religious people but less Godfearing people.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by yuzjet(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
grin
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by BruzMoney(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
Goossssh
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by iceberylin(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
Some cant even speak Good English undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Speaks On 2019 Elections, Tells Nigerians What To Do / Lizzy Johnson Suleman Celebrates Her Birthday In Style (Photos) / Pastor Washes His Feet/Face On The Head Of His Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.