Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (40990 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Wilson125(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
lipsrsealed I may comment later.. kinda b[color=#000099][/color]usy..
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Onyiibazz: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

This is laughable.

Where was the discipline and stringent self-control of god-believing , bible thumping slave traders?
Where is the discipline and stringent self-control of god believing Islamic fundamentalist that kill and maim with out conscience or remorse?
Where is the discipline and stringent self control of Nigeria's god-believing armies of looters and economic sabotuers from 1960 to the present time?

Please , stop this very fraudulent association with theism and being good. History is very clear about the havoc that god-believers have wrought on humanity for many millenia.

Who exactly do you think you are deceiving with this crap?
Please, enough of this false crap.

Such a wisdom
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by musicwriter(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
adexsimply:
could you please gimme a proof that Isaac Newton believed in God?

Oh Yes, I will give you prove, a lot of it.

Do you even need to ask of Isaac Newton when there are other facts of scientists believing God everywhere?. The first astronauts on the moon even read the bible book of Genesis chapter 1 on the moon immediately landing there when it struck them what was described in the bibble about the beginning was the situation on the moon.

Back to Isaac Newton.

Isaac Newton literally researched Physics with the bible side-by-side and even hinted when Jesus Christ may return using advanced calculus (maths). Of course this's information modern day science don't want you to know, but history will.

Isaac Newton religious views. Details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Isaac_Newton

Isaac Newton predict world will end in 2060. Details: http://opentheword.org/2013/10/16/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-world-would-end-in-2060-ad/

Find the biography of Isaac Newton and read it. I've done so. Or better help yourself with google. You may begin by searching "did Isaac Newton believe in God?". Hope you get help.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:
A Nigerian Lady here on Nairaland said she would rather marry an armed robber than an atheists.

Well, that tells soooooo you much about our values, and why we remain a basket case society.
Tell me how they correlate. How does being atheist develop this country? Tell me a country that follows the 10 commandments strictly and still lack?
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by jmoore(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
Christian= Child of God

Atheist= Descendant of apes.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by pak: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
There are no true atheist ! Agnostic maybe
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Superstar007(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:
A Nigerian Lady here on Nairaland said she would rather marry an armed robber than an atheists.

Well, that tells soooooo you much about our values, and why we remain a basket case society.

shocked shocked shocked Like seriously
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
When you look in the dictionary for the word "hypocrisy" there's a map of Nigeria.

Religion is the justification Nigerians use to actively and feverishly, VIOLENTLY hate other people.

11 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Humaam(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
I think manners count, preferring an armed robber to an atheist is never a good choice. what good is it if he is not an atheist but an armed robber; after all, we judge people according to their deeds in the society, not their theism in spirit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by adexsimply(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Watch this creationist lose a debate against a child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDPrP-tpeo
lol. Thanks for the video. The guy didn't even understand what he was spewing.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
Humaam:
I think manners count, preferring an armed robber to an atheist is never a good choice. what good is it if he is not an atheist but an armed robber; after all, we judge people according to their deeds in the society, not their theism in spirit.

That should be the case, but it isn't in Nigeria. The most fiendish evil can be justified if the perpetrator is a believer of the "right" faith. Christians, make no mistake, I am talking about you.

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
adexsimply:
lol. Thanks for the video. The guy didn't even understand what he was spewing.

Smh. He was stuttering and stumbling. I felt bad for him.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Humaam(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
I think manners count, preferring an armed
robber to an atheist is never a good choice. what
good is it if he is not an atheist but an armed
robber; after all, we judge people according to
their deeds in the society, not their theism in
spirit.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by adexsimply(m): 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
musicwriter:

Oh Yes, I will give you prove, a lot of it.

Do you even need to ask of Isaac Newton when there are other facts of scientists believing God everywhere?. The first astronauts on the moon even read the bible book of Genesis chapter 1 on the moon immediately landing there when it struck them what was described in the bibble about the beginning was the situation on the moon.

Back to Isaac Newton.

Isaac Newton literally researched Physics with the bible side-by-side and even hinted when Jesus Christ may return using advanced calculus (maths). Of course this's information modern day science don't want you to know, but history will.

Isaac Newton religious views. Details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Isaac_Newton

Isaac Newton predict world will end in 2060. Details: http://opentheword.org/2013/10/16/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-world-would-end-in-2060-ad/

Find the biography of Isaac Newton and read it. I've done so. Or better help yourself with google. You may begin by searching "did Isaac Newton believe in God?". Hope you get help.
bro, from the Wikipedia link you posted, you just shot yourself in the foot.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by 1one: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
This thread is interestingly fun, especially because i'm learning new strings of words, so much intellectualism in neon watts beaming from this thread.

But I think one major instance; that particularly makes this such an interesting thread for me; which is repeated over and over again is the literary fencing between two types of people

1. The wise
2. The Fool

Trust me, just by reading this, you intuitively know which category you belong and why you belong to either of them.

So please you guys should carry on...

To The wise, keep checkmating the fool
To the fools keep giving the wise more fodder to express their wisdom.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by patrickmuf(m): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Atheist come across as more intelligent folks, still can't understand why xtians are so afraid of questioning stuffs they barely understand...Yes, i totally agree with the school of thought that posites that the bible is a remoting tool...

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Ilekeh(f): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Watch this creationist lose a debate against a child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDPrP-tpeo

lmao! WTF? I had to stop it at midpoint because he started spewing garbage.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:
Tell me how they correlate. How does being atheist develop this country? Tell me a country that follows the 10 commandments strictly and still lack?

First, i have not said that being all atheist will develop our country.
However, I am pointing out that the fact that more than 96 percent of Nigerians believe in god, and yet we have so many many ills in the society simply means that religion does not and ha never had a corrolation good character or behavior, other wise, Nigeria, being one of the most religious in the world, would be an enviable paradise on Earth.

Now , Pls pls, I beg you, tell me any nation, from the dawn of History to the present, that followed your 10 commandments and prospered in enduring peace, harmony and justice.
Please.

5 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by adexsimply(m): 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Smh. He was stuttering and stumbling. I felt bad for him.
hehe. I don't feel bad for CONFUSIONISTS posing as creationists. If you listen to them ramble, you'll be forced to conclude they don't really believe what they're saying. No offence.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by musicwriter(m): 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
adexsimply:
bro, from the Wikipedia link you posted, you just shot yourself in the foot.

I'm not sure you read that link cause it begins with ''Isaac Newton (25 December 1642 – 20 March 1727)[1] was, as considered by others within his own lifetime, an insightful and erudite theologian''.
What are you talking about?.
What about the second link he predicted coming of Christ?.
What about other independent sources you can find for yourself?
Why not make use of Google. You may ask ''did Isaac Newton believe in God"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by traware(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
xcapizt:
I'm agnostic atheist. Not to boast but some of the smartest, most inter people I've met, online and offline, are atheist.
They are usually the most well-rounded, interesting,intelligent,reasonable,funniest individuals who are also capable of discussing wide-ranging issues...Apatheist,Alfa seltzer,Sirshymmex,The big urban,Madcow,Rationalmind,Mazaje,Plaetton etc...they're all brains,brains,brains

6 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
davien:
I can barely understand your post..
You see, atheism like feminism put you on 'indifference scale', meaning that, it makes you feel indifferent about your believe e.g. A Godly wife would go for a divorce because she has an escape route in feminism, that is she can shift grounds to satisfy her wish and still maintain her conscience. Though I may claim religious, but my heart via atheism, becomes indifferent of my religion.
This single act that I tag indifference scale is also applicable to atheism i.e. I can cheat, fornicate, kill and then have my conscience. Tell me the morals I can have if God doesn't exist? It means I can hide my moral decardence under atheism and still live a normal life, the same way a muslim can kill christians and call it Jihad. Once God is taken out of one's mind, doing good becomes voluntary and an art of free will. sad

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by chy22(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
Although the teachings of religion and worship as it is now may be disputable and the definition of GOD by individuals may vary. I am of the opinion that most physical events and the very existence of earth and life forms points towards a perfect design and reasonably a designer. However, what you call and define this designer as will depend on your individual case.

But then should one ask some questions like:
Where did time and space come from.
Where did chemical building blocks of both material and life come from.
Where did the stars and the planets come from.
where did organic material come from.
How did non-living material transform to living material.
Where did consciousness come from.
Then you may be forced to incline towards a creator, that is if you keep an open mind.

Just the way religion lacks evidence for the answers to these questions, science also lacks the answers to these questions too.
The bottom line really is, when it comes to the origin of life on earth, science becomes a belief and no longer science based on facts,mainly because it lacks evidence as well.

If those people who insist that there is no GOD recognise the fact that it is only a belief and has notting to do with logical thinking and evidence, then I really do not see any problem in that, after all religion is a belief.

My one kobo. and no bashing please

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

First, i have not said that being all atheist will develop our country.
However, I am pointing out that the fact that more than 96 percent of Nigerians believe in god, and yet we have so many many ills in the society simply means that religion does not and ha never had a corrolation good character or behavior, other wise, Nigeria, being one of the most religious in the world, would be an enviable paradise on Earth.

Now , Pls pls, I beg you, tell me any nation, from the dawn of History to the present, that followed your 10 commandments and prospered in enduring peace, harmony and justice.
Please.
America
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by synergycom19: 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Idrismusty97:
The same old lines. Don't you ever get tired of this statement?

You get tired only when you don't know or feel the God that you serve,for me I feel him,I know that he is my redeemer,the Almighty,The I AM THAT I AM,THE JEHOVAH MALEKE,THE ONE THAT DOESN'T SLEEP NOR SLUMBERS,THE ANCIENT OF DAYS,THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDEA,THE ONE THE OWNS THE EARTH AND THE FULLNEST THERE OF,THE ONE THAT ANCHOUR THE FOUDATIONS OF THE EARTH,THE LORDS OF LORDS,KINGS OF KINGS,THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH,THE HEALER OF OUR SICKNESSES AND DISEASES,THE MOST MERCYFULL AND MOST AWESOME,MY FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN,HALLOW BE THY NAME
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by ooman(m): 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
Such a pity to see Nigerians havent started thinking. You are all still enslaved to the white gods.

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by andyanders: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

This is laughable.

Where was the discipline and stringent self-control of god-believing , bible thumping slave traders?
Where is the discipline and stringent self-control of god believing Islamic fundamentalist that kill and maim with out conscience or remorse?
Where is the discipline and stringent self control of Nigeria's god-believing armies of looters and economic sabotuers from 1960 to the present time?

Please , stop this very fraudulent association with theism and being good. History is very clear about the havoc that god-believers have wrought on humanity for many millenia.

Who exactly do you think you are deceiving with this crap?
Please, enough of this false crap.

Thank you my brother.Only fo=ols like them think that way. When devil is on parole allow them because their end is coming.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Blitz888(m): 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
I had to recheck to be double sure that today isn't 1st April cos that's the day I remember this set of persons... "A fool says in his heart that there is no God..." Psalm 14:1,53:1.
It beats me how a person who has not tasted God will declare with such finality that there is no God. Shey na una talk say the proof of the pudding is in the eating.. Oh taste and seeeeee
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by andyanders: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Blitz888:
I had to recheck to be double sure that today isn't 1st April cos that's the day I remember this set of persons... "A fool says in his heart that there is no God..." Psalm 14:1,53:1.
It beats me how a person who has not tasted God will declare with such finality that there is no God. Shey na una talk say the proof of the pudding is in the eating.. Oh taste and seeeeee

When they have lost their brain, the reason this way.When devil has taken control of their mind, unless God intervene, they are heading to destruction. Only fo0ls say there is no God.

I pray to God for them to change because God is after their soul hence He is giving them time to repent.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:
America

Exactly when in America sir?

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by davien(m): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:
You see, atheism like feminism put you on 'indifference scale', meaning that, it makes you feel indifferent about your believe e.g. A Godly wife would go for a divorce because she has an escape route in feminism, that is she can shift grounds to satisfy her wish and still maintain her conscience. Though I may claim religious, but my heart via atheism, becomes indifferent of my religion.
This single act that I tag indifference scale is also applicable to atheism i.e. I can cheat, fornicate, kill and then have my conscience. Tell me the morals I can have if God doesn't exist? It means I can hide my moral decardence under atheism and still live a normal life, the same way a muslim can kill christians and call it Jihad. Once God is taken out of one's mind, doing good becomes voluntary and an art of free will. sad
Piranha's don't have a belief in "god" yet they don't do what ever they like....hence humans also and our continual struggle to enforce laws that prevent unnecessary harm or death..
"god" is not an epitome of morality.....merely a dictatorship.
Because I do not believe in a "god" or afterlife I tend to treat others around me with respect because for all I can tell my actions have an effect on them and they also perform actions that affect me...so to live in a safe community it is best I restrain from causing any harm for the sake of my own wellbeing and others.
You have attached a moral significance to your "god" claim... so anyone who doesn't hold it is seen as "immoral"...this is a false notion brought about by that preconception.

6 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by tevinsolt: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
when I started college as a bio science major, I started to question some of the things I have read myself from the bible, I figured I will be doing my self a great disservice if there's no God and I keep spending my time on meaningless things to please this "God". The more I searched, I realized my five senses are the only things I have to understand the world around me. but if there's no God i do I know I can trust my five senses to tell me what's true and what's not. And in all my observation, life is always a product of life never have I seen life coming from none life. I'm still searching, but in all intellectual honesty, If a does God exists, the Judeo-christian God is the most plausible explanation for our existence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Can I Eat During White Fasting / RCCG Pastor: "Dangote Will Not Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / The Professional Names Of Our Lord Jesus Christ The Saviour Of The Whole World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.