Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? (3569 Views)

Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? / Which Is The Best Place To Immigrate To, Uk, Usa, Canada, Australia And Europe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by zboyd: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
If you're very successful in Nigeria (well-paying job, a couple of growing businesses on the side, nice home, car, savings, etc.), why give up/sell everything and immigrate to the US, UK or some other country, where you might not be as successful?
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by 9inches(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
For the sake of your children's future, I think.

3 Likes

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by tdayof(m): 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
9inches:
For the sake of your children's future, I think.
children's future? In what essence? Citizenship or what?
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by 9inches(m): 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
tdayof:
Are you a L...? A better society less thriving on corruption, a better education, better standard of living in all ramifications.

7 Likes

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by suxes2005(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
zboyd:
If you're very successful in Nigeria (well-paying job, a couple of growing businesses on the side, nice home, car, savings, etc.), why give up/sell everything and immigrate to the US, UK or some other country, where you might not be as successful?

Questions for the gods smiley
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by worry359(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
zboyd:
Because "The other mans grass is always greener!"
Nigerians are the worse for wanting to move to another country.

1 Like

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by tdayof(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
9inches:

Are you a L...? A better society less thriving on corruption, a better education, better standard of living in all ramifications.
hmm what if they further their degree abroad
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by 9inches(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
tdayof:
hmm what if they further their degree abroad
Then stay back and utilize it best sad

1 Like

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
9inches:

well said....!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by SkinnyDude(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
tdayof:
guy, for sound and quality education. no strike. studying in a conducive environment. old lecturers won't have to stress and frustrate your kids. guy, think twice. having so much money is not everything. i rather be an average Swedish or Finn than be a Nigerian millionaire.

7 Likes

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by pansophist(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
How can you enjoy your life when you're the constant target of criminals, poorer family members, police officers etc?

what is comfortability when you have to power generator with fumes and noise? fuelling it daily and maintenance?

how about the insecurities and the fear you live with simply because you are better economically than the majority?

How about applying for visa anytime you want to go even South Africa, an Afican country? meanwhile someone from Brazil has an easy access to?

What about the quality education of your kids? which is quite expensive with a bad quality in Nigeria? meanwhile you get it free elsewhere?

How about living in a sane environment where the health service, police, electricity, water etc are in a good and stable condition?

How about public civility? where people generally behave like humans and treat you with basic respect, not the shouting and aggressiveness you get in Niaja?

And in a case things goes wrong in your life, the government can assist you financially until you recuperate which ever shit you are deep into?
............................................................................................................................................................................................................

The answer to your question is not too hard to find at all!

10 Likes

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mtchew, i'm sure if you were given opportunity to exit Nigeria you will. Man i advice you to visit the closest embassy to you to learn about various immigration schemes you can avail yourself. Quit t.rash typing on the internet bro.
worry359:

Because "The other mans grass is always greener!"
Nigerians are the worse for wanting to move to another country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by tdayof(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
SkinnyDude:
guy, for sound and quality education. no strike. studying in a conducive environment. old lecturers won't have to stress and frustrate your kids. guy, think twice. having so much money is not everything. i rather be an average Swedish or Finn than be a Nigerian millionaire.
now I get your point! thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 29, 2014
Any successful person who peaks eventually laments and fixates on detailing/preparing for the next challenge. A man (such as the one proposed by the OP) deserves the 'freedom' to make that journey to his next challenge.

If all international borders were made illegal overnight, we'd live the rest of our lives on the run.

1 Like

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by SkinnyDude(m): 5:53am On Nov 29, 2014
pansophist:
How can you enjoy your life when you're the constant target of criminals, poorer family members, police officers etc?

what is comfortability when you have to power generator with fumes and noise? fuelling it daily and maintenance?

how about the insecurities and the fear you live with simply because you are better economically than the majority?

How about applying for visa anytime you want to go even South Africa, an Afican country? meanwhile someone from Brazil has an easy access to?

What about the quality education of your kids? which is quite expensive with a bad quality in Nigeria? meanwhile you get it free elsewhere?

How about living in a sane environment where the health service, police, electricity, water etc are in a good and stable condition?

How about public civility? where people generally behave like humans and treat you with basic respect, not the shouting and aggressiveness you get in Niaja?

And in a case things goes wrong in your life, the government can assist you financially you till you recuperate which ever shit you are deep into?
............................................................................................................................................................................................................

The answer to your question is not hard to find at all!
confirm. i could remember when i mistakenly (don't know if i actually did that) stepped on a coursemate, a girl. the girl aggressively pushed me, and started shouting at me. "why you go dey match me like this? na because say you wear fine shoe". i was embarassed. i just said sorry and left. i blame frustration sha.

but when you step on a Dutch or anyone from the west. he will stop, smile and say sorry

2 Likes

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Pasca07: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
@op That means if u are not doing great in naija,u have right to leave naija?
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by zboyd: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pasca07:
@op That means if u are not doing great in naija,u have right to leave naija?

If YOU weren't doing great in Naija, would YOU leave, if you had the means and motivation to do so?
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Well said, Pansophist !
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
SkinnyDude:
KAI! NIGERIAN MINDSET IS WORRYING. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AND COMMENTS LIKE THIS COME ONLY FROM THE MOUTHS OF NIGERIANS. HOW CAN ONE SPEAK THIS WAY OF HIS COUNTRY. WHAT MAKES ME SHAKE MY HEAD EVEN MORE IS THAT MOST NIGERIANS CALLING THE COUNTRY CORRUPT ARE NOT CLEAN. WELL SOMEONE WORKED HARD TO MAKE SWEDEN WHAT IT IS. DO D SAME FOR YOUR COUNTRY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by bebe2(f): 1:12am On Dec 04, 2014
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

KAI! NIGERIAN MINDSET IS WORRYING. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AND COMMENTS LIKE THIS COME ONLY FROM THE MOUTHS OF NIGERIANS. HOW CAN ONE SPEAK THIS WAY OF HIS COUNTRY. WHAT MAKES ME SHAKE MY HEAD EVEN MORE IS THAT MOST NIGERIANS CALLING THE COUNTRY CORRUPT ARE NOT CLEAN. WELL SOMEONE WORKED HARD TO MAKE SWEDEN WHAT IT IS. DO D SAME FOR YOUR COUNTRY.

and this is another problem with some nigerians.

they cant call it as it is,

if its bad, its bad i dont care whose it is.

pls learn to call a spade a spade.

look at my signature

2 Likes

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 04, 2014
bebe2:

and this is another problem with some nigerians.

they cant call it as it is,

if its bad, its bad i dont care whose it is.

pls learn to call a spade a spade.

look at my signature
This is what I found .... "
Todays rate is N283 to£1." grin
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by babypipsy: 4:34am On Dec 04, 2014
My friend, It may not seem like the best move in your opinion but when you and your pregnant wife walk into a world class medical centre, spend 8 days, come out with a baby all without paying a kobo then you will have an idea.

When Naija government decides to value the lives of it's citizens and work towards protecting them. Then, the exodus will be reversed.

In the last four months, I've not seen rats, cockroaches even houseflies. Na only Squirrel and rabbits I dey see for street.

I can think well because many concerns such as water, light, traffic, noise & air pollution does not exist anymore.

The government pays my little daughter $120 every month until she turns 16.

I love Naija but I don't want my generation to suffer. We will keep in touch with our roots and visit Naija during summer (As long as BH matter don cool down).
tdayof:

6 Likes

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by otokx(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2014
babypipsy:
My friend, It may not seem like the best move in your opinion but when you and your pregnant wife walk into a world class medical centre, spend 8 days, come out with a baby all without paying a kobo then you will have an idea.

When Naija government decides to value the lives of it's citizens and work towards protecting them. Then, the exodus will be reversed.

In the last four months, I've not seen rats, cockroaches even houseflies. Na only Squirrel and rabbits I dey see for street.

I can think well because many concerns such as water, light, traffic, noise & air pollution does not exist anymore.

I love Naija but I don't want my generation to suffer. We will keep in touch with our roots and visit Naija during summer (As long as BH matter don cool down).

Which country did you just describe here?
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by biddybee: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2014
otokx:

Which country did you just describe here?

That must be Canada
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by tdayof(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2014
babypipsy:

thanks for the explanation ma'am/sire
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by bebe2(f): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
saxywale:

This is what I found .... "
Todays rate is N283 to£1." grin

Very clever.
Clap for ur sef grin
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by babypipsy: 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
tdayof:
thanks for the explanation ma'am/sire

You are welcome...
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by babypipsy: 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
biddybee:

That must be Canada

You are right
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by pansophist(m): 1:45am On Dec 05, 2014
SkinnyDude:
confirm. i could remember when i mistakenly (don't know if i actually did that) stepped on a coursemate, a girl. the girl aggressively pushed me, and started shouting at me. "why you go dey match me like this? na because say you wear fine shoe". i was embarassed. i just said sorry and left. i blame frustration sha.

but when you step on a Dutch or anyone from the west. he will stop, smile and say sorry

grin grin

Tell you sorry? on top say you match am? you de learn work? this one no count jare.

1 Like

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 07, 2014
Alberta, the government credits my child's account with $395 every month. That's excluding free healthcare, free prescription drugs e.t.c
Whereas Nigeria never gave me 1kobo.

1 Like

Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 07, 2014
saxywale:
Alberta, the government credits my child's account with $395 every month. That's excluding free healthcare, free prescription drugs e.t.c
Whereas Nigeria never gave me 1kobo.

Please tell us how much you pay as tax i.e. tax deducted by your state and your county from your monthly income (we just need the percentage). And also the tax included when you buy anything at the groceries or anywhere in Canada. Thanks!
Re: Why Immigrate, If You're Doing Great? by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 07, 2014
Nigayoyo:

Please tell us how much you pay as tax i.e. tax deducted by your state and your county from your monthly income (we just need the percentage). And also the tax included when you buy anything at the groceries or anywhere in Canada. Thanks!
my tax is fair. If i don't pay tax, how would government pay for policing, pay contractors for quality roads I drive on daily, pay doctors and nurses in hospital, fire, ambulance, e.t.c My baby once had fever while I was at work, wife called 911 and ambulance was at my place in less than 5minutes! Government paid for it too.

I don't bother to work out the percentage as the amount left after tax is very substantial. I am thinking it should be around 12% of my income, not really sure though and maybe 5% Employment insurance. If i get laid off from work, i would be paid close to $1700/month for up to a max year or till I get on my feet again(that's the pupose of EI).

Then sales tax. I don't really check that if I am buying groceries as it's in cents. But I got an android tablet for my baby today and the sales tax on it was $2.76(5% of the cost price). Same would apply to groceries i. e if I got $50 grocery, then sales tax should be $2.5. Not bad at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience Travelling With Overland Airways From Abuja To Ilorin / “if They Ever See Me Again In That Godforsaken Country,” I Swore Silently.... / Is This The Reason For Dana Air Crash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.