Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. (29992 Views)

UNICAL Produces 12 First Class As 7,222 Graduate / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by ShakurM(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
christopher123:
THAT IS QUANTITY NOT QUALITY

WHAT DID THEY INVENT

WHAT NEW THEORIES DID THEY PROPOUND

CONGRATS PAPER 1ST CLASSES

LOL
3rd class students be like..
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by RAO1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
samuelemuobosa:
HIT LIKE IF U WANT POLYTECHNICS TO DO CONVOCATION CEREMONY LIKE UNIVERSITIES.... HIT SHARE IF U KNW DAT D SYSTEM IS ALREADY THERE
Meaning ? my school does it yearly..
#The Polytechnic, Ibadan
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by SegunFlames(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
HouseOfBalloons:
All these bad belle people

abiii grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
What an Irony!

If this were to be a Private Institution, everyone will think the worst of them for producing 222 first class students

Covenant University did a similar thing an everybody was throwing spit in the air.

Now its UI, no one see's anything wrong.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by mazizitonene(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mah hear say uniport give even 20 first class...10 sef dey hard dem undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
colossus2:

Wetin you don invent.
You don even produce soap sef undecided

that is the problem...

you have difficulty differentiating invention and production

now this is the more reason there is a very big doubt on the quality of the first class

lol
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by obiZEAL(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
222...?
Haba

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by obiZEAL(m): 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
While Unijos graduates 7 1st class out of 5000 graduates...
I use to respect UI
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
i am a man that interviews people and i have come to conclusion tbose with bogus certificate know nothing just blow grammar

its great to have a first class but i am yet to see any landmark invention by these paper first classes. to be honest i am not impressed

look at soyinka he made 3rd class but great
look at okonjo iweala and achebe world known but not 1st class...now tell me what will make me believe that they made 1st class and quality ones with all these handout lecturers and striking teachers

now do we have any engineering students there tell me their inventions

those students will end up as lecturers

i will prefer to hire a pass student that is good than a 1st class oaf

no jealousy but a fact
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by IlorinBoy1: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=alomeda600 post=28425710][/quote]

ode! d France part is a popular NL joke joor. me wey i dey sweat inside heat for here
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by radiance26(f): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
They tried gan,no bi my school.So stingy pple,they forbid A.We had just one first class during my set.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by colossus2: 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
christopher123:

that is the problem...

[s]you have difficulty differentiating invention and production[/s]

now this is the more reason there is a very big doubt on the quality of the first class

lol
Just listen to yourself.
Is it out of place to be able to produce something before invention?

If I make soap and soap is made locally, that's called production

Now if I design a machine that makes soap, what is that called? invention

Now it's either I am able to produce soap before inventing what produces soap....and vice versa.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by tolulinks(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
people fail to realize that you cannot enter into UI unless you are a good student. if you manage to as a mediocre student, you will be shown the door by your third year after the school has given u just one WARNING in your first year as you would be found out pretty quickly. Morever, it is only the very best students that want to and manage to enter UI so 222 first class graduates is not a surprise. the students try to OUTDO one another hence high level of academic brilliance. I know some schools in nigeria are very good but YOUHIGH is on another level. there is a reason there engineering products take positions in major oil Coys. #teamUI

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by joemarxist: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
that's a wonderful record,but looking at it sociologically,ds s jst a propaganda to paint d school as having a very high standard even though truely they ar one of d best university in nigeria,scores and honours should b earned and not just dashed out. congrats to all d 1st class student,but hav it at d bck of ur mind "to whom much s given, much s expected". know dat d society will b expecting a lot from them now.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 29, 2014
My set (OAU 2006) had the record of the highest number of first class in any Nigerian university as at that time (84). It must have been broken the year after.

I don't know whether this one has been broken too, my class (OAU Economics 2006) had the highest number of first class in a single class in the history of Nigerian university when we graduated. 15 people made First Class.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by ped007(m): 1:26am On Nov 29, 2014
codedflowz:
Oboy shocked

220 first class graduates!

That's very impressive
if the remaining 2 you left-out catch you ehn!
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by oc2fish: 1:48am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=ALKARULEZ615 post=28420118]Wey DELSU get only one (1) First Class for 2 sessions!
#team_Sadist_Lecture

Not sadist lecturer lazy students, the U.I first class live in halls or hostel where they read in cold room class and every where in DELSU you live in well furnished rented apartments with generator Dstv and a live in girl friend. Your reading starts two weeks to exam and your resumption time is 5 weeks before exam. How you go get the first class Bros.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by oc2fish: 1:53am On Nov 29, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
christopher123:
i am a man that interviews people and i have come to conclusion tbose with bogus certificate know nothing just blow grammar

its great to have a first class but i am yet to see any landmark invention by these paper first classes. to be honest i am not impressed

look at soyinka he made 3rd class but great
look at okonjo iweala and achebe world known but not 1st class...now tell me what will make me believe that they made 1st class and quality ones with all these handout lecturers and striking teachers

now do we have any engineering students there tell me their inventions

those students will end up as lecturers

i will prefer to hire a pass student that is good than a 1st class oaf

no jealousy but a fact

You want them to use what to power the system. We do not have electricity in Nigeria, you are talking of invention.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by oc2fish: 1:56am On Nov 29, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
princefunmi:
What an Irony!

If this were to be a Private Institution, everyone will think the worst of them for producing 222 first class students

Covenant University did a similar thing an everybody was throwing spit in the air.

Now its UI, no one see's anything wrong.

Because your money can get you a place in Covenant University but brain and only brain will get you a place in U.I.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by mykelly(m): 3:30am On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:
THAT IS QUANTITY NOT QUALITY

WHAT DID THEY INVENT

WHAT NEW THEORIES DID THEY PROPOUND

CONGRATS PAPER 1ST CLASSES

LOL

Do undergraduate propound theories?
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by GentleFrank(m): 4:30am On Nov 29, 2014
Good news, Bad news too !!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by NosaHenry(m): 4:54am On Nov 29, 2014
Nigeria universities do not deserve to be issuing 1st class graduates. Because there are no 1st class facilities, no 1st class libraries, no 1st class lectures and no 1st class school system.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 5:15am On Nov 29, 2014
colossus2:

Wetin you don invent.
You don even produce soap sef undecided

that is the problem...

you have difficulty differentiating invention and production

lol
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 5:20am On Nov 29, 2014
mykelly:

Do undergraduate propound theories?

now what do you do during research....

copy and paste research

so u dont research p on existing theories and make prposition and hypothesis

this is another nigerian graduates asking daft questions

those graduates to me are 1st class ode
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 5:25am On Nov 29, 2014
oc2fish:
[color=#000099][/color]

You want them to use what to power the system. We do not have electricity in Nigeria, you are talking of invention.
that is more reason they are daft 1st class there

neccessity is the mother of invention
so they cant invent an alternative energy source .....the way those girls used their urine to power generators or even improve on an invention

to me they are fake 1st class
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 5:37am On Nov 29, 2014
colossus2:

Just listen to yourself.
Is it out of place to be able to produce something before invention?

If I make soap and soap is made locally, that's called production

Now if I design a machine that makes soap, what is that called? invention

Now it's either I am able to produce soap before inventing what produces soap....and vice versa.

that is same atupidity that i am saying

your just an oaf

if you design machine that makes soap..you just designed a machine and that is basic engine drawing and never an invention. maybe you graduated from that UI that churns out 1st class ode

now invention is finding a new way or system to make that your soap without using the conventional norm

if you design machine it not an invention cos you are following laid down principle...invention is making that soap using an entirely new method.maybe no machine. i am using soap as anology

you can see that money used for youreducation would have been better used in making dudu osun
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 5:53am On Nov 29, 2014
Ajalekoko76:
My Alma mata. UA second to none. The standard is never compromise.

the standard has never been compromised

that is the correct englis.UI graduate

the more reason these first class is none sense
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 5:54am On Nov 29, 2014
Ajalekoko76:
My Alma mata. UA second to none. The standard is never compromise.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Ghyft(f): 6:01am On Nov 29, 2014
Sezua:
chei! 4 uniben, dem dey hoard first class.
I tell you.. Them go slash your result until your GP no get any hope again...Crazy Uniben
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:17am On Nov 29, 2014
POINT OF INFORMATION

THE 222 first class were from two graduation session. 2011/2012 graduate and 2012/2013 graduate. The convocation was done together due to the ASUU strike of last year that prevented the occurance of the last year convocation ceremony.

NOTE.. traditional in UI, convocation ceremony is held once in a year, that is during the week of FOUNDATION DAY (Nov 17), any situation that that prevent it from holding that week, graduand will wait till the following year.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by colossus2: 6:54am On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:

that is same atupidity that i am saying

your just an oaf

maybe you graduated from that UI that churns out 1st class ode

you can see that money used for your education would have been better used in making dudu osun

All this just to buttress your point?
If I throw tantrum at you, you will definitely hate insulting others but I won't stoop low for now.

christopher123:

now invention is finding a new way or system to make that your soap without using the conventional norm
colossus2:

If I make soap and soap is made locally
Now I design a machine that makes soap
So designing or creating a machine that makes soap when everyone makes soap in a local way is not called invention right?

christopher123:
if you design machine it not an invention cos you are following laid down principle...invention is making that soap using an entirely new method. maybe no machine. i am using soap as anology
What laid down principle are you talking about when no such machine exists?
So is designing a machine for soap making not an entirely new method if everyone makes soap in a local way?

Now if everyone uses candle as a source of light, then someone wakes up one day and designs or creates something called torchlight, what is that called?
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Blurr(m): 7:29am On Nov 29, 2014
Eladua:

Are u this pained brother? why dint you cram and pour too and get a first class instead of the pass you got.#haters
why wdnt he be pained, wen his current CGPA cant even give him ordinary pass-#jst assumin tho..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? / Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.