Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. (29989 Views)

UNICAL Produces 12 First Class As 7,222 Graduate / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2014
colossus2:

All this just to buttress your point?
If I throw tantrum at you, you will definitely hate insulting others but I won't stoop low for now.

So designing or creating a machine that makes soap when everyone makes soap in a local way is not called invention right?

What laid down principle are you talking about when no such machine exists?
So is designing a machine for soap making not an entirely new method if everyone makes soap in a local way?

Now if everyone uses candle as a source of light, then someone wakes up one day and designs or creates something called torchlight, what is that called?

design build and create are different things. stop showing us the quantity or quality of your education. you keep disgracing yourself

how can you say design or create...they are different things. did u do lexis.....use dictionary pls
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Emmaville(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2014
I commend UI.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Drabrah(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2014
Ebubeslym:
ist class ?
shocked shocked shocked shocked

chisos!!!

that school must really be one of the best.....

modified******
bt
i bet you some persons amongst these ist class graduates cant write their names well.

Brozie! Na lie b dat. It's nt dat bad
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Drabrah(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2014
Tinubu:
If it was Covenant or some private university that churned out so many first class graduates, some cokeheads will come here and start misyarning about how hopeless and ludicrous private unis are...

Now, it is UI, I am waiting for you all to come and tell me how the standard of education there has gone to the dogs angry

By the way

Congratulations to all the graduands jare, especially those who made first class....The sky isn't your limit, but your stepping stone !

Well, I'm responding 2 ur comment simply cos I used 2 av same notion as u til I gat 2 know some basic concepts behind d disparity. As an undergrad of d berra by 4 uni, I remember in my 1st yr, I saw a news report of UI graduating abt 57 1st class(if I can remember) wen my sch gat use 'diplomacy' 2 reduce 1st class to abt 3 or 4. I remember back then, som depts gat multiply GPs wt decimals 2 reduce pass rate, I remember some 1st class were imposed on d dept by external examiners & d lyk.
Nw Unilorin awards above 50 1st class I think (I may b wrong tho) cos dia r more faculties, depts & profs. Well, summary is, if u're in a less priv8 or 'not so advantageously positioned uni' u gat work more 2 enjoy equal (or even less benefits), jst lyk colleagues in UCH always say they've gat no tym 2 read buh all wot we read in books, they see dem live & dat places dem @ advantage.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Vicel: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:

design build and create are different things. stop showing us the quantity or quality of your education. you keep disgracing yourself

how can you say design or create...they are different things. did u do lexis.....use dictionary pls

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 10:57am On Nov 29, 2014
Vicel:

We know n feel d insolence when art n social science student are ranting. Must u insult him if u want to prove ur point have been following Dis meaningless argument u re fueling in silence. pls let's respect 1 anoda.

can u bounce pls
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Vicel: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:

can u bounce pls

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 11:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Vicel:

dats d reason why backwardness is d order of d day.
Nigerians are not tolerant.
This shit don't happen here in.......

u know d rest!

now ur talking point

here in...... we do stuffs like this bro

fill in the blank spaces

lol
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Bukkiminat(f): 11:53am On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:

the standard has never been compromised

that is the correct englis.UI graduate

the more reason these first class is none sense

the guy didnt say that he made first class now.....so y comparing him with the 222 students that made first class....

Jxt saying
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Sezua(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ghyft:
I tell you.. Them go slash your result until your GP no get any hope again...Crazy Uniben
re u one of us?
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Ghyft(f): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sezua:
re u one of us?
yeah...great Uniben student
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
Bukkiminat:

the guy didnt say that he made first class now.....so y comparing him with the 222 students that made first class....

Jxt saying

is he not part of the UI product that they are churning out plus 222 first class now we await for 666 next year

even oxford univrrsity has never given such a quantity in such a short time

you see how these people messed up education the way they messed up phd...keep claiming prof this and that

yet they just sell handouts

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
Its easy to make first class. D only problem is dat u make alot of enemies workin twards it. U gatz form ghost mode for xam hall to achieve it
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Sezua(m): 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ghyft:
send me a pm with ur numba
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Sezua(m): 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ghyft:
got d mail, don't Really knows hw it works., replied it anyways
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by sigolisis: 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:

is he not part of the UI product that they are churning out plus 222 first class now we await for 666 next year

even oxford univrrsity has never given such a quantity in such a short time

you see how these people messed up education the way they messed up phd...keep claiming prof this and that

yet they just sell handouts

Some guys are just too jealous on this NL, what is too much in 222 first class students out of OVER 7,000 graduating students. What is wrong with having a scholar in a class of about 33 students or more? With the quality of students UI admits every year, there's clearly no discrepancy anywhere, i know some of these guys, they can defend their 1st class anywhere in the world.

Don't be a rebel, appreciate excellence and it will come to you and your children

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by sigolisis: 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
obiZEAL:
While Unijos graduates 7 1st class out of 5000 graduates...
I use to respect UI

Is the standard of education in the north (jos) the same with that of the southwest? Go and read yesterday (friday) punch, two of the three 2014 waec overall best students are currently UI students, they had A's in all their waec subjects, those are the kinds of students that make 1st class in UI and UI has so many of them. If you're good, you will get what you deserve or do you think all those old professors just dash out marks? Don't forget UI has over 300 professors, whether you respect UI or not it does not change its standard

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by sigolisis: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
obiZEAL:
While Unijos graduates 7 1st class out of 5000 graduates...
I use to respect UI

Is the standard of education in the north (jos) the same with that of the southwest? Go and read yesterday (friday) punch, two of the three 2014 waec overall best students are currently UI students, they had A's in all their waec subjects, those are the kinds of students that make 1st class in UI and UI has so many of them. If you're good, you will get what you deserve or do you think all those old professors just dash out marks? Don't forget UI has over 300 professors, whether you respect UI or not it does not change its standard
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by DrGroove(f): 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
niggereyez:
that's impressive!

....if they did deserve it, then congrats to both 'em and d lecturers.

...modified. ..
back then in school, during my clinical exams, a Professor of Paediatrics said to me... "we are doing Nigeria an honour by failing you students"...
I still passed the course wit a gd margin (though not distinction).... but it left me asking whether these lecturers are truelly out to help students' academic performance

just noticing ayam FTC...
buh dats non of my business grin
Paediatrics and their bad mouth. That's how they run it in UNIPORT

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by WhiteTyre: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
niggereyez:
that's impressive!

....if they did deserve it, then congrats to both 'em and d lecturers.

...modified. ..
back then in school, during my clinical exams, a Professor of Paediatrics said to me... "we are doing Nigeria an honour by failing you students"...
I still passed the course wit a gd margin (though not distinction).... but it left me asking whether these lecturers are truelly out to help students' academic performance

just noticing ayam FTC...
buh dats non of my business grin

UI no be beans ooo. They more than deserve it, upon all the stress.
Goodluck to them, especially to my senior colleague, Aanu.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by WhiteTyre: 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:
THAT IS QUANTITY NOT QUALITY

WHAT DID THEY INVENT

WHAT NEW THEORIES DID THEY PROPOUND

CONGRATS PAPER 1ST CLASSES

LOL
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by WhiteTyre: 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
christopher123:
THAT IS QUANTITY NOT QUALITY

WHAT DID THEY INVENT

WHAT NEW THEORIES DID THEY PROPOUND

CONGRATS PAPER 1ST CLASSES

LOL

You can still come to UI,and get that 'QUANTITY' first class.
Gettinga First Class Degree is not about inventions,as you posited. Not even in Havard, or in John Hopkins. It's about your consistent brilliant performance at assignments, tests, term papers and exams.
As far as Nigeria is concerned, University of Ibadan is still the first and the best!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Waliyllahi(m): 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
DrGroove:

Paediatrics and their bad mouth. That's how they run it in UNIPORT
paediatrics...same story here in UI tooo...most dreaded dept incl surgery
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Waliyllahi(m): 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
Drabrah:

Well, I'm responding 2 ur comment simply cos I used 2 av same notion as u til I gat 2 know some basic concepts behind d disparity. As an undergrad of d berra by 4 uni, I remember in my 1st yr, I saw a news report of UI graduating abt 57 1st class(if I can remember) wen my sch gat use 'diplomacy' 2 reduce 1st class to abt 3 or 4. I remember back then, som depts gat multiply GPs wt decimals 2 reduce pass rate, I remember some 1st class were imposed on d dept by external examiners & d lyk.
Nw Unilorin awards above 50 1st class I think (I may b wrong tho) cos dia r more faculties, depts & profs. Well, summary is, if u're in a less priv8 or 'not so advantageously positioned uni' u gat work more 2 enjoy equal (or even less benefits), jst lyk colleagues in UCH always say they've gat no tym 2 read buh all wot we read in books, they see dem live & dat places dem @ advantage.
here i am in UCH...U ar right sir probably
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by christopher123(m): 10:16am On Nov 30, 2014
sigolisis:

Some guys are just too jealous on this NL, what is too much in 222 first class students out of OVER 7,000 graduating students. What is wrong with having a scholar in a class of about 33 students or more? With the quality of students UI admits every year, there's clearly no discrepancy anywhere, i know some of these guys, they can defend their 1st class anywhere in the world.

Don't be a rebel, appreciate excellence and it will come to you and your children

tory story

the way they bastardized phd in ekiti now oyo is following suit
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 2:40am On Dec 01, 2014
sigolisis:

Beautiful response , sometimes I wonder how we can really move forward with this mentality we have , we always like and appreciate things the hard way.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2014
oc2fish:
[color=#000099][/color]

Because your money can get you a place in Covenant University but brain and only brain will get you a place in U.I.

You don't know that for a fact do you. Afterall, you need a certain standard to even be admitted. If you don't have a JAMB Score or a School Certificate, you possibly can't get admitted anywhere irrespective of how much you have.

I'm sure they teach you the logic of common sense in your federal or state universities. Or maybe they don't because I find that common sense is a major component that is missing from most Federal or State Graduates. The only thing they produce are hustlers who think first about their stomachs before anything else.

Besides money can also get you into UI. You would be naive to say otherwise.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
christopher123:

that is more reason they are daft 1st class there

neccessity is the mother of invention
so they cant invent an alternative energy source .....the way those girls used their urine to power generators or even improve on an invention

to me they are fake 1st class
What have u invented ooooo?
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Saaog(m): 3:42am On Dec 06, 2014
princefunmi:

You don't know that for a fact do you. Afterall, you need a certain standard to even be admitted. If you don't have a JAMB Score or a School Certificate, you possibly can't get admitted anywhere irrespective of how much you have.

I'm sure they teach you the logic of common sense in your federal or state universities. Or maybe they don't because I find that common sense is a major component that is missing from most Federal or State Graduates. The only thing they produce are hustlers who think first about their stomachs before anything else.

Besides money can also get you into UI. You would be naive to say otherwise.
mr man u dnt need to vituprate the ingenious graduates and undergraduates of federal universities wat u asserted now is a blattant lie private university is a one man business dey dnt follow protocol or code of conducts of admission because if dey do.dey will run out of deficit dnt forget dat private skuls are jst for the social interest and monetary gain dey integrate mediocres and lackluster students whta dey want is myriad students to make deir sales increase exponentially dey depend solely on students outrageous fees to fund dis odious private skuls but federal universities integrate the best and intellectual students and dey are well funded by federal government simple.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2014
UI is truely a place to be......

THE PREMIER UNIVERSITY

#greatest_Uites

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Saaog(m): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kimoni:
Private universities are really giving them a run for their money. Let's see how many Ife will churn out.

RightCurrent generation of students are very lucky I must confess.
lol u right bro the advent of private university ravaged our educational sector

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? / ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.