Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain (1824 Views)

Here Are Top Reason Why Your Smartphone Battery Now Drain Twice As Fast / Things To Check When Buying A Used Blackberry, Anroid, Or Tablet Phone? / Andriod Users Pls Wat Is Os Services And Y Is It Consuming So Much Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by invisibility: 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
Even when you have restricted background data and done everything else right you still have this enemy called Andoid System or OS Services in some phones mercilessly draining your data.How can one permanently stop this without a firewall.

Most firewalls I've used like mobiwol etc always drain data themselves 3 times more than what they are even saving you from.They also have their security risks cos they could be spying on ur phone and uploading your secret infos to their site.

So whats the way out of this Android OS data madness without a firewall.
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by Oyetboy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
download no root firewall, to restrict apps from using your data, it works on rooted and non rooted phones
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by invisibility: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
Oyetboy:
download no root firewall, to restrict apps from using your data, it works on rooted and non rooted phones
Thanks for ur contribution.If you read my post very well you'll see that I clearly explained why firewall don't work for this purpose.Read my post again.Thanks anyway.
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by zenith4biz(m): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
Oyetboy:

This is what I have been using and it works well
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by Yung16(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2014
invisibility:
Even when you have restricted background data and done everything else right you still have this enemy called Andoid System or OS Services in some phones mercilessly draining your data.How can one permanently stop this without a firewall.

Most firewalls I've used like mobiwol etc always drain data themselves 3 times more than what they are even saving you from.They also have their security risks cos they could be spying on ur phone and uploading your secret infos to their site.

Hello dear the best thing to do is getting a firewall, I know you said something about it but have you tried droidwall??

Secondly it also depends on your Area and the network you are using. Whatsapp at times does the MB sucking too which will make you wonder what whatsapp could be doing with that much data.

So I will say in addition to turning off your background data, and getting a firewall, turn off your 3G connection and leave edge. If you must have it on. and try single restricting those apps you thing use much of your Mb.
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by vodacom: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
invisibility:

Welcome to the android world where data consumption is high. I pray another operating system like BB O.S 7 below comes because as for me, I am holding on to blackberry and I am sure why most persons are opting for bb because of data usage
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by lilmax(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Welcome to android, even the so called network providers are not helping matters
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by invisibility: 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
Yung16:
Hello dear the best thing to do is getting a firewall, I know you said something about it but have you tried droidwall??

So I will say in addition to turning off your background data, and getting a firewall, turn off your 3G connection and leave edge. If you must have it on. and try single restricting those apps you thing use much of your Mb.

Thanks for your input but trust me once you restrict background data nothing else has access except Android OS.Even whatsapp is restricted.The only solution to this Android OS should have been firewall but firewall is a dangerous security risk cos it has access to all in ur phone including ur connections.My question then is,aside from firewall is there any other method to restrict the Android OS from background data connection.
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by sats: 1:20am On Dec 02, 2014
you want to use an android phone and you didnt sort d data first? yinmu ... *in a corner with my blackberry, seamlessly connected with no data worries*
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by Mafia4life(m): 6:02am On Dec 02, 2014
Android being a flexible OS gives you the right to apply solutions to your issues. Most solutions comes after Rooting... With the look of things, you really don't want to root your phone. Are you scared of security problems? You have superuser to help you grant or deny request. The very BEST way to fight against high data usage is this:
" Run some scripts to make your phone support init.d Then install AFwall+. Go to preference, Thick PREVENT DATA LICK. Then start selecting the only apps that is needed to connect the Internet. Droidwall may fail you because data lickage happens at times during start up. If you are running Kitkat, say no to droidwall "
This is the best way to solve the problem of data restriction
Re: Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain by invisibility: 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
Mafia4life:
Android being a flexible OS gives you the right to apply solutions to your issues. Most solutions comes after Rooting... With the look of things, you really don't want to root your phone. Are you scared of security problems? You have superuser to help you grant or deny request. The very BEST way to fight against high data usage is this:
" Run some scripts to make your phone support init.d Then install AFwall+. Go to preference, Thick PREVENT DATA LICK. Then start selecting the only apps that is needed to connect the Internet. Droidwall may fail you because data lickage happens at times during start up. If you are running Kitkat, say no to droidwall "
This is the best way to solve the problem of data restriction
Very sound input.I wish I have perfect knowledge of android OS dynamics enough to implement it.I don't mind rooting if it can indeed solve the problem without the leaks you mentioned.

(1) (Reply)

A Tablet With Swag: Techno Phantom Pad Mini [p9]....see The Photos / / Help On My Infinix Hot Note Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.