Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 AM

Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister (8585 Views)

Rotary District Governor Mike Omotosho Walks To End Polio (photos) / WHO Declares Nigeria Polio-free / Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by TheRealMrStan(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
The Supervising Minister of State for Health, Dr. Khaliru Alhassan, on Thursday said Federal Government had successfully confined the spread of wild polio virus to Kano and Yobe.

Alhassan made this known when he gave update on the success being recorded by government towards total eradication of polio in the country.
According to him, the virus is now confined to only five local government areas compared to the more generalised situation in the past.
“We have made tremendous progress, as you are aware that this year we have only recorded six cases against 51 the same time last year. So, this is a remarkable achievement and if we maintain the tempo we are confidence that we are going to interrupt the transmission.
“Presently, we have the problem in only two states, that is, Kano and Yobe states and also only in particular LGAs.
“This is giving us an impression why we need to work more; we have been able to localise these cases in one geo-political zone. It will make our job a lot easier”.

According to Alhassan, in the last one year, 96 per cent of the 774 local government areas have been polio free while 95per cent of the 36 states and FCT have been without polio in the last one year.

In his remarks, Vice-President Namadi Sambo said that with the impressive gains being recorded in the fight against the polio virus, the disease would soon be completely eradicated from the country.
He, therefore, reassured that government would continue to give political support, ensure sustained funding of the programame, procurement of the polio vaccines and support the introduction of other new vaccines.

Sambo said the government would also continue to work with the traditional, religious leaders, development partners and other community based organisations, to ensure polio-free society.
http://www.informationng.com/2014/11/we-have-restricted-polio-virus-to-2-states-fg.html
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Ebubeslym(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
The health ministry under president Jonathan needs to be aplauded for a job well done.....

ftc

yeye dey smell

4 Likes

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by tspun(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
There's nothing more important than
our good health - that's our principal
capital asset.

If this news is true then i commend their effort.
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by 3pleo: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Innodon(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
bomb blast in Kano amd polio again. ...dem wan finish kano ni.

1 Like

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by seangy4konji: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
God help us.
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Bennyberry(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
Na wa
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by tolulope855(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
its matter of time
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Kings77: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
Deris God Ooooo!
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by hungryboy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by joshbouy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
hnmmm
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by obainojazz(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
What north needs is education. Imagine northerners saying polio vaccine is designed to kill them..that is what is being preached in the north,yes I know,i've been there

GEJ administration is trying to educate them while some ignorant few are fighting him for this...ok ooo, ekele kwam unu

7 Likes

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by holatin(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
I pray this does not change negatively soon
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by condralbede(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
Waoo....Which way north most especially Yobe,kano,Borno and Adamawa.They are just too acquaintance to negativities!!!If not suicide bombing its Polio.
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by drey076(m): 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by NighttWalker(m): 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
I've googled polio and seen the way that thing disfigured human human beings, making them walk like animals, it wasn't a pleasant thing to look at
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Sagamite(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
[size=18pt]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!![/size]

cap28, GenBuhari, gatiano, thoth come and warn these people that these polio vaccines are just a drug produced and used by the whiteman to reduce reproduction or dumb down the brain of the black population.

These Northerners are falling for the tricks of the WHITE MAN!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Northerners and animals are synonymous to themselves.
They are like bread and butter.
There educated ones are not helping at all as they are taking advantage of them.
But why should I trust our government on this one since they've been lying to us since 1914.

by the way,who want to kill them?
boko haram has killed more than enough self.

1 Like

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by donbrowser(m): 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by NJPot(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
North and wahala. Comic relieve, see aunty linda ikeji jumping in bikini wear here
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
We are still battling polio?
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by englishmart(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
I Don't intend to sound tribalistic. But I think we Don't need to be told before we know the states must be northern states..

Thank God they now accept immunisations.

1 Like

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
liberty300:
What north needs is education. Imagine northerners saying polio vaccine is designed to kill them..that is what is being preached in the north,yes I know,i've been there

GEJ administration is trying to educate them while some ignorant few are fighting him for this...ok poo, ekele kwam unu

but it was due to the first polio vaccine that killed alot of northerners instead of protect them. try and study history
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Bennyberry(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Where are the immunization team..they don't go to schools,church,houses etc anymore..
For parents make sure u immunize ur children against polio and any oda sicknesses.
Kudos to the federal goverment.
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Corruption
Boko Haram
Executive Lawlessness
Polio
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by Fresia01(f): 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
may God /Allah help out northern brothers to knw their left from their right!!! may They grow To over come all d negativities associated with them!!! Amen!!! proudy Igbo.... proudly Nigeria!!

4 Likes

Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by manutdadex(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
very soon! Polio, bh go disapear
Re: Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister by ultraawesome(m): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is called space booking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yaba Psychiatric Doctors' Strike Enters Fourth Week / COVID-19: Social Distancing Has Failed In Nigeria - Innocent Ujah, NMA President / Where Can I Get Lenses For My Eyeglasses In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.