Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? (47552 Views)

Olamide's Story For Thegods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? / Video Download: Olamide – Story For The Gods..full Video Here... / Could It Be That Olamide's Story For The Gods Video Was A Leak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by enigstil(m): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
Pls can you kindly take out time to go and listen to the song again.Olamide did not in any way promote rape in that song.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by tweelove: 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
eeh...whats your stress about that
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by jameau(m): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
Thank you for pointing this out. I have listened to the song many times before without adverting my mind to it. Hopefully someone at the censors board will read it. Better still went not go a step further by writing a publicised latest of complaint to the censors board. We shouldn't continue to condone this. Well done.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by tweelove: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
busy body them..una no go face una business
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by RebelLeader15(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
kennygee:
I have never liked his songs.

Olamide fans, Oya, defend your Idol.
we are here "OLAMIDE-DEFENDER"

Won shapa bi itan, Won shaya bi sign post a feel eeee

Badooo...tuale ooooo

Owo mi meji loke

Mo. Ja ese kan mole

Iba e 1 million

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by sparkless96(f): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
no its not, but ts encouraging adultery undecided
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by rattlesnake(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
hes cursed

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Sunmibare6(m): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
grin[color=#990000][/color] ifa ie...
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by yurme(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
Story 4d gods oooo
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by olexjay(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
Let the beat bang......... We are now listening to beat and not the song anymore
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Bamoha(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
enigstil:
Pls can you kindly take out time to go and listen to the song again.Olamide did not in any way promote rape in that song.
so what was he promting fornication bahh cus me no undastand y ur defending him o

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Abbeyunique2(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
to me, the song is not glorifying anything, it's the beat they are selling
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Coolguy89(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dem say dorobucci na evil,now story for d gods,na wa o for u ppl,hw song go Encourage rape
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by PRINCEHPXP(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
i dnt tink so o
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by yurme(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
ddooskie:
I stopped taking him serious when he sang, "she carry front, she carry back..." thought he was gonna step in DaGrin's shoes for me but nah... still waiting for DaGrin's reincarnate.
chairman dagrin z dagrin olamide z olamide dey re 2 differnt people shoe ko slipperz ni

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by lbgr8t1993: 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
All the same thing, most of us don't care about the lyric itself but bet.

One thing about nigeria law is that it alway fall on the poor and not the the rich,so that is just all about it.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Looking and learning
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by understatement: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Imagine u taking a gal for shopping,gave her money for brazilian hair,bought her everything she ordered.But immdtly u got home,she said she wants to leave giving all sort of excuses she didn't make wen u were buying her stuffs...haba...The story of the song is more bout that jhor...y u go go rape cus u hear song?except in don dey ur mind b4...

P S:olamide has written so many songs against woman violence....4gten the title now,the chorus was"na woman she be,no be ur punching bag"...ans so many more songs
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by ijobaooorun(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
Uhmmmmm.....story for the gods . Wanna replay d music
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Jokay07(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
BruzMoney:

Eseoghene Al-Faruq Ohwojeheri
(Director, Moral Project)
[url]saharareporters.com/2014/11/27/olamides-story-gods-nigerian-song-recommending-rape-eseoghene-al-faruq-ohwojeheri[/url]
mtchew.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by MrLuGold(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
This article is a story for the gods.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Kinkale(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
What do you expect, when nigerians celebrate stupidity, arrogance and unclothedness in the music.

Mtcheww... I rep ASA

4 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by StOla: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
The author of this piece must have listened to the song in rewind mode.

The song is all about the female reluctance as a facade over the female tiger that is hidden behind.

The erstwhile reluctant and fainting Caro ends up breaking Olamide's arm and backbone (sexual metaphor).

Story for the gods means the deceit and hypocrisy that overshadows our true cravings.

Author, replay the song on a home theatre system. I'm sure this time you would pen a piece on female sexual aggression.

7 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by haftob(m): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
He even z some things lyk 'aluwala' wich means ablution and 'salama' wich means to pray in the Islamic way and relating it to sexual activities in the song and we muslims dint do anytin about it wich is very unfortunate.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by wtfCode: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
illuminati shocked
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by frankezi: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
kennygee:
I have never liked his songs.

Olamide fans, Oya, defend your Idol.

Not really a fan of olamide's work. No beef but his voice is so unrefined it itches my ear drum. Not saying I don't like the fellow but compared to the late dagrin he sounds more like a vw engine to dragrin's ford mustang ( if you get my point) anyway I don't listen to his music so let him and not his fans take note and address the issue.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by streetzdreamz(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
I aint a fan of naija musics,since most of dia songs r pure gibberish,nt songs u can decode a thing from,just pure bleh,bleh,bleh, den beats,alcohol,weed n unclotheness,watched d video some weeks back n I was asking a friend if such videos have no governing or regulating body dt checkmates dia excesses,but as d typical Nigerians av rightly said,dey just wanna dance away dia sorrow nt giving a damn bout morals or nudity,90percent of naija music videos promotes violence n immorality,silly producers,silly consumers!.,

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by debssycharles(f): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Men! U don finish dis song. Neva tot abt it dis way. Tho I be Yoruba but I dnt knw the meaning to wat he was saying. I only dance to the beating. grin. E yi ga oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Jokay07(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
RebelLeader15:
we are here "OLAMIDE-DEFENDER"

Won shapa bi itan, Won shaya bi sign post a feel eeee

Badooo...tuale ooooo

Owo mi meji loke

Mo. Ja ese kan mole

Iba e 1 million
this one na sunday dagboru ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Maradona's Reaction As Messi Scored Nigeria At World Cup 2018 / Richard Mofe-Damijo With His Wife And Daughters In Christmas Family Photos / Patoranking Busted For Wearing Fake Yezzy By US Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.