Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets (9272 Views)

Mini Importation Business Secrets Revealed / Importation Business Secrets Exposed For Free! / Mini Importation Business Secrets Expressed!!! (naija Lets Discuss!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Ymodulus: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
Guarding your business secrets and confidential Information is advisable and imperative in order to prevent improper disclosure of your mojo to competitors or the public. Secret formulas, drawings, ingredients, Manufacturer's contact are all information that should be protected and never released just for free.
Too many, diluting the words of the first paragraph, would sound as a big shock, noting the fact that I have been known since time immemorial for sharing contact details/ formulas / secrets / working drawing of past- ongoing - future business deals that i have carried out successfully in the aspect of importation. Too some, at the sight of the topic will say to themselves either subconsciously or not. Ymodulus has learned. Well yes I have.

These are my reasons;
1. Favor For Favor
2. Monopolistic Behavior even when they were given such ideas on a platter of gold.
3. Some make more than u the originator, and not even remembering u

1. Favour for Favour
If you belong to the class that a favor given today will not directly or indirectly pave the way for a favour tomorrow, then you are dreaming. Even in the Holy Book of the Bible, David protecting Nabal’s cattle and expecting food in return, Jesus – Christ and God sacrificing their life and turning back to punish humans in the name of freedom of choice are both epitome examples of favour for favour.

Example 1:
This happened between me and a supposed – internet friend. November 2nd this month.

Friend: Hi! Ymodulus am Bleep from nairaland. I got your contact.
Ymodulus: Ok. How can I help u?
Friend: Please can you help me with any seller details for PlayStation 4? I saw on Alibaba but am scared as negative comments.
Ymodulus: Guy do not risk your money buying PlayStation 4 from china, they will sell you fake one of 64GB telling you its 500GB.
Friend: So please how do I get a good one?
Ymodulus: Ok call me later in the evening I will send you the contact of a trusted Seller. Also I will give you someone that will help verify the PlayStation after paying before it leaves China
Friend: Thanks so much
** Friend begins praises and eulogies **
***** I sent him all the contacts same day for free and without asking him even recharge card***

This Occurred Wednesday, 9th of November.

I tried contacting my PlayStation 4 Seller and found out I misplaced the contact. I quickly checked my Phone contacts and call this Unknown Nairalander.

Ymodulus: Hi afternoon its Ymodulus.
Friend: I know na. Afternoon boss
Ymodulus: Bros abeg I lost that my playstation 4 seller contact wei I give u. Abeg u fit send me back the contact?
Friend: *** Begins to stammer ***
*** Ymodulus calling and calling to plead for the contact***

Friend: Guy abeg, u go find me something to send u this contact o.
Ymodulus: Ok I will transfer you N1000 to go to café or get data. Send me your account details
Friend: I MEAN U GO BUY THE CONTACT. U no say na money u and me wan make
Ymodulus: ***** so shock couldn’t believe my ears. Hung up the phone ***
********** Long story Short I got the contact back via another means. Through the Q.I *****

Example2:
This Happened yesterday.
A close business partner, gave out a contact to A FRIEND OF MINE sometime, now went back to ask that FRIEND OF MINE for his belt seller contact. See the conversation that ensured.

Business Partner: Oga abeg u fit help me with ur contact for ITEM XXXX ?
FRIEND OF MINE: Sorry oga. I no fit make I no lie u.
Business Partner: oga na me be Ymodulus friend wei give u my top Glass seller best clone
FRIEND OF MINE: I no na ** even begin to describe my close business partner further **
FRIEND OF MINE: U should understand that a business contact, 1 business contact can fetch you millions…. Bla blah blah and should not be given out for free. As it’s a business secret.
FRIEND OF MINE: U can tell me the belt you want, and send me the money I will help u buy
**** Long discussion and lecturing of how sharing contacts are bad continued. Phone Hung up ****

2. Monopolistic Behavior even when they were given such ideas on a platter of gold.
This is something that I experienced twice. Once with some group on Nairaland and second time of recent.
You give a lady your personal Kitchen Utensils Contact. This same lady then goes behind you asking your manufacturer that she wants to be the only sole Nigerian distributor. Also other Nigerians coming through her (Including I the Nigerian who gave her the contact).
Why are Humans this wicked? I gave her the contact without even asking her a penny and she goes behind me to tell my contact that!!! .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1900586_img20141128171914_jpegc2e4c29011ed6f6c39fe3ac37180888c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1900587_img20141128172358_jpeg577662fc8baec8a7123359f7d83dd152

3. People Making more Money than you will make.
All the above happenings have made me come to clearer understanding of the words Patent / trademark and likes. Before I had this text-book regurgitating definition of patent / trademark and likes etc. Lets be honest the essence of business is to make money. Most times you give out this contact for free, those you give them too end up making more money than you without showing any form of appreciation

[size=13pt]Truth be told point 3 is not really a problem to me and is the least reason i wrote this. Point 1 and 2 are.[/size]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
grin
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Ymodulus: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
xcapizt:
grin
You laughing. Am so serious. Experience is the best teacher. Now i realize some people are not wicked because they really want to but because they were made too.

4 Likes

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by dunkem21(m): 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
“Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” —Jeffrey Zeldman,
shocked

I got this memorable and cherished quote from one of your brilliant topics on this forum. tongue

I advise you to abide by this guiding principle. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by MizMyColi(f): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
It's common place for people to use Geniuses......

Reason's not far-fetched.
They like to help people, it's grafted to their DNA.

It's sad though, they hardly have true, genuine friends around them.

Well, such is life.

Just wise up
smiley

6 Likes

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ymodulus:

You laughing. Am so serious. Experience is the best teacher. Now i realize some people are not wicked because they really want to but because they were made too.

Mr young modulus what you should understand is that while some people see these as big favours, others see it as normal living.
Being good is a virtue. Life goes beyond making all the money and living in a mansion. How many lives have you touched? Most people forget this.

When I was still importing, I needed contact for transporting items to other states. The supposed bbm contact I had asked me to send him money before he releases their phone number. Stupidly he gave me the name and refused giving me the number. Google is my friend; I got the number online.

So boss, what ever you do it face, don't relent to do good. You are building your future. Such guys don't last. I mean what can 1,000 or even 5,000 naira do for someone that hasn't been done?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Youngzedd(m): 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Laughing in Swahili.

Monopolistic behavior. They want to turn to Dangote overnight.

Last Bullet :

It pays to be good.

My brother Ymodulus don't allow some insatiable ones stop you from doing good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Clone2020(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
@Ymodulus don't let a few bad eggs change your approach to life. Trust me, there's something known as generational blessings, every good thing we do will be reaped by either our children or our children's children. I'm not the most religious person but after listening to one of Joel Osteen's televangelism, I analyzed the families I know and i started seeing a pattern. Those whom u've helped one way or the other but cannot return the favor, God has lesson to teach them just don't worry my friend.
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Ilovenigeria(f): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
Too bad.
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by hungryboy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
So true bro, i have experienced same many times,
so i came to the realisation that
a black man who is hungry is a humble man,
a black man who needs your help is a humble man,
and a black man who is broke is a humble man,
The only time you know a black man's true character is when he is well fed, when he doesn't need your help, and when he is rich.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by shinaf: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
In time past offered help to several unknown faces online , I don't need to know you b4 i help .i found it very hard for me to resist request on help , I have people calling my number at midnight for favors. All that i give without asking for anything in return
..for example is ....
Oga help me with this your seller am a student of this and that ...I gave them, I never look back requesting for anything ....,not knowing DAT aim of business is to make money more n more...reference ...A Contact can fetch a million ..

Example 2 happened to me ,I understand thats how life should be ...if you dont apply some principle I swear you will just have fame but die in penury ..... we all want to make money online , get above our mates.... some will never get up to their mate .....
I have come to the conclusion that business is business , friendship is friendship.
I know a lot who have made lot of money through sharing of my flash drive seller and also the jersey seller , spy seller , curren seller ..how many of you out there think ....fools..you thinking is easy ...I told my jersey seller to snap with each jersey for me holding them ..also the flash drive seller ... had any one of you ever thinking of using such concept .fools..no .....,but to share yours with colleagues ..you wont .....
.note..... from now onward ..nothing goes for free .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by shinaf: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
You thinking is easy right ......

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
I have been following you for a while and I believed you are doing good. Sent links of your threads to friends in need of sustenance , and thanks to you they have hope.

Continue to be good bro. But always guard your contacts, especially to faceless people online. You can show them how to fish but not giving them your bait and line to do so, neither the river you fish in. There are many rivers!

2 Likes

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Clone2020(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
@Shinaf its OK my friend, there will always be back stabbers, but never let a few bad eggs change your perspective in life.

1 Like

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by zopaks: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
such things are bound to happen , well i dont know.why peeps cant even do resaerch for the thousands of cheap sellers from alibaba, must they beg for contact of sellers?
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by AdekunleIG(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mr Ymodulus, Please don't stop being a good man.

Posterity will surely remember you. God will always increase your knowledge and bless you to continue to be blessing to others.
You may not know me because I have never made a comment or take a step to chat with you but I am your secret admirer. Dr El matteo's thread led me to your posts on nairaland and I must confess that I have been gaining a lot from you but this your latest post is so touching and I am presently depressed because I really feel your pain but take note that God knows how to reward you.

Please don't stop changing lives for God sake.

2 Likes

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by VocalWalls: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is sad,

A really really sad development.

that person should die of shame and greed,

Monopoly ko, snake and ladder ni.
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by dav8id(m): 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
nairaland for you b dat.....we started this importation business with so many friends then...we share free info but same issue make us stop and i am not sup prise at what my young friend ymudulus is facing cause i knew a day like this will come...

anyway life goes on ymodulus...continue to be good as that will Fitch you good deal offline but remember nothing go for nothing thats my adopted style now...
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Joshkeyz(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
why are people wicked ehn.
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by yemi2plus(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
MyRuleOne: I don't share seller contact details.

I have had different experiences from both Nairalanders and friends outside Nairaland.

If I'm not mistaking, my first experience was with a NLander, he wanted to buy some DVRs gadgets which amounted to over $1000, based on the links he gave me; I knew he was not going to make any profit if I should buy from the sellers, since I had no previous deals with them, as such, I told him that I have a personal seller who could sell for him lesser than the price I quoted above. He agreed.

After negotiation with my seller, the price reduced to below $500 for all the items with branded packaging which will ease his sale. Along the line, something can up and while trying to explain to him, I screenshot the e-mail reply from the seller just to make him believe me more not knowing that the seller's e-mail address was captured too. Could you believe that this same person who was pleading with me before the deal contacted this seller and rubbished my image? Infact, the seller had to warn me to stay clear from the guy after explaining to her what actually. It was that sad.

Again, this one was recent, a friend wanted to brand some item and the quantity was much, her seller was not willing to reduce price. As in, the seller insist on selling over 500 pieces at the same price of 1 piece. Funny you will agree. Since I have imported such item before, I had to go through the stress of digging out the seller's contact; I gave her. After the production of the item, when she received the items, there was a mistake in the name of one of the couples. She contacted me and while I was trying to find whose part the mistake was from, she just started talking rubbish like I'm siding the seller and some ish like that. At the end, I discovered that the error was actually hers. The seller sent her a sample piece of the item before producing the others and she told the seller that everything was correct only for her to realise the error when she received the items in Nigeria.

Some many crazy experiences that I have encounter in my one year in this business. Crazy and funny.

Like someone said above, "an Africa man in need of help is an humble man." This same persons will be on your IMs list but will never think it wise to say hello but only run to you when they need help. When I see their messages these days, I know they either something or what to ask question.

2 Likes

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by alakara(m): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
Clone2020:
@Ymodulus don't let a few bad eggs change your approach to life. Trust me, there's something known as generational blessings, every good thing we do will be reaped by either our children or our children's children. I'm not the most religious person but after listening to one of Joel Osteen's televangelism, I analyzed the families I know and i started seeing a pattern. Those whom u've helped one way or the other but cannot return the favor, God has lesson to teach them just don't worry my friend.
Bros meself dey follow Joel Osteen
The man is a great teacher.

1 Like

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by AbuMikey(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
shocked

This is Just Sad!
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by slap1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ymodulus and Shinaf please don't be like Arsene Wenger and destroy what you've built. Are you guys competing with anyone on money-making? Please continue touching lives as you have. That you're not appreciated now doesn't mean you won't be appreciated at a point. So chill out, please. It's unfair for people to cheat others, but life itself is not fair.

3 Likes

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by izikjon(m): 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Pheeew.....
don't have much to say here....Ymodulus I leave you with this...

"Don't be concerned others not appreciating you. Be concerned about your not appreciating others." - Confucius

"Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values." - Dalai Lama

Peace!
izikjon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by slap1(m): 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Quote posted by Ymodulus:

“Don’t worry about people stealing
your design work. Worry about the
day they stop.”
—Jeffrey Zeldman,

So please, in your carefulness, always keep a soft spot. Thanks!
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by maxxy: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
@Ymodulus... something made you to start helping people. I feel the the satisfaction you feel each time you make a difference. Hard as it is, do not allow the evil of another to mess up your good heart.

Ymodulus:

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Youngzedd(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
Shot in the heart by Rick Ross ft Lil Wayne.

Verse 6: Rick Ross]
Fortune and fame are pleasures you couldn’t fathom
But fortunately for me my fortune built me a palace
Benjamins by the pallet, I'm spendin ‘em mighty daily
I know I'm under surveillance ( I look at it as a talent)
Millions I gotta manage, lil talents up in the rappin I'm such a threat to these n*ggaz (you never know what could happen)
I started without a coin, not knowin which way I'm goin
Now I'm chatering boeings n readin a few poems
Weathered all of the storms, now its time to see the light
And I never felt this way bout anything in my life
Determined to be the best, not lookin back at regrets
How many people you blessed is how you measure success

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by mindtricks: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ymodulus:

Young, not time to burn the bridge. Many here are imature with their ways, no doubt!

Let not these hitches stop the fire in you to make impact. You are touching lives, hope you keep in mind.

You can't deny the fact that you have made so much impact in here, far more to an extent that you yourself can imagine.

When you see a genuine need to help do not hesitate, no such good deed can ever be in vain.
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Clone2020(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
alakara:

Bros meself dey follow Joel Osteen
The man is a great teacher.
Yes boss the man is exceptional
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Inkredible(m): 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
Apply wisdom in all thy undertakings.
Out here in Ogwuago in France, we do so. grin

#SHAloM
Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by Goodjayrecords(m): 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ymodulus:
Guarding your business secrets and confidential Information is advisable and imperative in order to prevent improper disclosure of your mojo to competitors or the public. Secret formulas, drawings, ingredients, Manufacturer's contact are all information that should be protected and never released just for free.
Too many, diluting the words of the first paragraph, would sound as a big shock, noting the fact that I have been known since time immemorial for sharing contact details/ formulas / secrets / working drawing of past- ongoing - future business deals that i have carried out successfully in the aspect of importation. Too some, at the sight of the topic will say to themselves either subconsciously or not. Ymodulus has learned. Well yes I have.

These are my reasons;
1. Favor For Favor
3. Some make more than u the originator, and not even remembering u

1. Favour for Favour
If you belong to the class that a favor given today will not directly or indirectly pave the way for a favour tomorrow, then you are dreaming. Even in the Holy Book of the Bible, David protecting Nabal’s cattle and expecting food in return, Jesus – Christ and God sacrificing their life and turning back to punish humans in the name of freedom of choice are both epitome examples of favour for favour.

Example 1:
This happened between me and a supposed – internet friend. November 2nd this month.

Friend: Hi! Ymodulus am Bleep from nairaland. I got your contact.
Ymodulus: Ok. How can I help u?
Friend: Please can you help me with any seller details for PlayStation 4? I saw on Alibaba but am scared as negative comments.
Ymodulus: Guy do not risk your money buying PlayStation 4 from china, they will sell you fake one of 64GB telling you its 500GB.
Friend: So please how do I get a good one?
Ymodulus: Ok call me later in the evening I will send you the contact of a trusted Seller. Also I will give you someone that will help verify the PlayStation after paying before it leaves China
Friend: Thanks so much
** Friend begins praises and eulogies **
***** I sent him all the contacts same day for free and without asking him even recharge card***

This Occurred Wednesday, 9th of November.

I tried contacting my PlayStation 4 Seller and found out I misplaced the contact. I quickly checked my Phone contacts and call this Unknown Nairalander.

Ymodulus: Hi afternoon its Ymodulus.
Friend: I know na. Afternoon boss
Ymodulus: Bros abeg I lost that my playstation 4 seller contact wei I give u. Abeg u fit send me back the contact?
Friend: *** Begins to stammer ***
*** Ymodulus calling and calling to plead for the contact***

Friend: Guy abeg, u go find me something to send u this contact o.
Ymodulus: Ok I will transfer you N1000 to go to café or get data. Send me your account details
Friend: I MEAN U GO BUY THE CONTACT. U no say na money u and me wan make
Ymodulus: ***** so shock couldn’t believe my ears. Hung up the phone ***
********** Long story Short I got the contact back via another means. Through the Q.I *****

Example2:
This Happened yesterday.
A close business partner, gave out a contact to A FRIEND OF MINE sometime, now went back to ask that FRIEND OF MINE for his belt seller contact. See the conversation that ensured.

Business Partner: Oga abeg u fit help me with ur contact for ITEM XXXX ?
FRIEND OF MINE: Sorry oga. I no fit make I no lie u.
Business Partner: oga na me be Ymodulus friend wei give u my top Glass seller best clone
FRIEND OF MINE: I no na ** even begin to describe my close business partner further **
FRIEND OF MINE: U should understand that a business contact, 1 business contact can fetch you millions…. Bla blah blah and should not be given out for free. As it’s a business secret.
FRIEND OF MINE: U can tell me the belt you want, and send me the money I will help u buy
**** Long discussion and lecturing of how sharing contacts are bad continued. Phone Hung up ****

This is something that I experienced twice. Once with some group on Nairaland and second time of recent.
You give a lady your personal Kitchen Utensils Contact. This same lady then goes behind you asking your manufacturer that she wants to be the only sole Nigerian distributor. Also other Nigerians coming through her (Including I the Nigerian who gave her the contact).
Why are Humans this wicked? I gave her the contact without even asking her a penny and she goes behind me to tell my contact that!!! .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1900586_img20141128171914_jpegc2e4c29011ed6f6c39fe3ac37180888c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1900587_img20141128172358_jpeg577662fc8baec8a7123359f7d83dd152

3. People Making more Money than you will make.
All the above happenings have made me come to clearer understanding of the words Patent / trademark and likes. Before I had this text-book regurgitating definition of patent / trademark and likes etc. Lets be honest the essence of business is to make money. Most times you give out this contact for free, those you give them too end up making more money than you without showing any form of appreciation

[size=13pt]Truth be told point 3 is not really a problem to me and is the least reason i wrote this. Point 1 and 2 are.[/size]

Well well well. Your opinions are all clear, I mean vividly!

But if I were you, I should've render the views worthless after analysing the disadvantages.

If role models like you (Ymodulus), Shinaf, Yemi2plus etc painfully voice out this way, what'll happen to the followers

If you've acknowledged the thousand and one "God bless you" by your followers, I believe you shouldn't have thought about this...3 Opinions.

Because like I always says: "A Philanthropist is a father/mother of all..." So you don't have to (1) give to expect something back...(2) fear or worry about those going behind you to blackmail/back stabbing just to stay on top...and (3) telling the world how insecure you're when others you help are richer than you.

As far as this online importation is concern, you all remain a gurus, masters, mentors, role models, kings and queens.

Am not God! But trust me if you start now to make your followers feel the good things you and co were doing to reduce unemployment, frauds and scams was a mistake, then you're ready to be forgotten too soon.

Personally, "God bless you" worth more than a thousand naira airtime or more.

God bless you all! Even with the three opinions, you all remain my role models!!!!!!

****PEACE****

7 Likes

Re: It Pays To Guide Your Business Secrets by AbuMikey(m): 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is really annoying oo, the Same Seller ID I gave You for free, You asking Me to Pay You MONEY to get it back!

Plain act of Silliness from a Hungry orangutan!

No jokes, I don't mind engaging Myself in the act of roforoforism If I ever meet the Dumb as's Mumu!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Admob Selfclicking Guide / How To Make $100 Per Month Without A Blog Free Step By Step Tutorial / FEC Approves N200 Billion Loan For Bank Of Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.