Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? (8541 Views)

Don’t Marry A Yoruba Boy – Daughter Of Former Oyo State Governor / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / Niger State Deputy Gov Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
An UNCONFIRMED report has it that former
governor of Oyo State Alao Christopher Akala
may have dumped the Peoples Democratic
Party to All Progressives Congress APC in Oyo
State
According to the report, yet unconfirmed,
Former Oyo State Governor, Alao Akala has
secretly defected to the All Progressives
Congress (APC). His defection was in protest
against the last week shoddy conduct of the
ward congress of the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) in Oyo State.
The report further stated that Akala has
been handed the APC ticket of Oyo North
Senatorial District.
Also, negotiation for all House of Reps,
Members of House of Assembly and
Caretaker Chairmen of Ogbomoso zone is in
progress between APC and Akala.
This report is yet to be confirmed,
newspunch.org will keep you updated as soon
as the TRUISM of the report is CONFIRMED. www.newspunch.org/breaking-news-alao-akala-former-oyo-gov-defect-to-apc/
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
With akala in APC, the road can now be smooth for 9ice.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
With akala in APC, the road can now be smooth for 9ice.
akala is nothing and nobody without Pdp .

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by holatin(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
one word.
PDP is dying slowly

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by donphilopus: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
The source of this your epistle ain't loyal!

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by braine(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
We don't want Akala! But then, no permanent enemies in Politics.

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by braine(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
holatin:
one word.
PDP is dying slowly

That's about 4 words..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
ogbomosho is my home town and I am frequent there. I can tell you that the people see him as the only leader they can trust; he's almost worshiped as he dictates where the voting bloc of the town goes. PDP made a huge mistake by sidelining him just to favour ladoja and his accord party. As it is now, oyo town, ogbomosho and half of ibadan will gladly vote for APC while the other half of ibadan will vote for ladoja cos he's an indigene. That half might even be splitted cos akala enjoys a cult followership in Ibadan, a good reason why APC jas been negotiating with him all this while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by holatin(m): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
braine:

That's about 4 words..
really ??
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by PaulJohn1: 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
If true, it'll be hard for Ladoja and his accord party to win in Oyo. Plus, PDP should forget Oyo in their agender.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
ogbomosho is my home town and I am frequent there. I can tell you that the people see him as the only leader they can trust; he's almost worshiped as he dictates where the voting bloc of the town goes. PDP made a huge mistake by sidelining him just to favour ladoja and his accord party. As it is now, oyo town, ogbomosho and half of ibadan will gladly vote for APC while the other half of ibadan will vote for ladoja cos he's an indigene. That half might even be splitted cos akala enjoys a cult followership in Ibadan, a good reason why APC jas been negotiating with him all this while.
pdp made the smartest move . It is better to push akala out and bring in ladoja ,who can be a unifying force in pdp than akala who is an ogbomosho hero .
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
pdp made the smartest move . It is better to push akala out and bring in ladoja ,who can be a unifying force in pdp than akala who is an ogbomosho hero .
how can PDP win ogbomosho when akala is no more there? His people follow him to wherever he goes. I was on ground during the 2011 gubernatorial elections, APC hardly got 25% votes from the town. Imagine what will. Be obtained now that the man has joined forces with them. That's almost like a 100% vote for APC.

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
PaulJohn1:
If true, it'll be hard for Ladoja and his accord party to win in Oyo. Plus, PDP should forget Oyo in their agender.
bro forget akala please . Already many senior politicians in oyo state have been waiting cautiously to see whether akala will be given the ticket,if he is given ,these members would have decamped to accord.ladoja is a better sellable and popular candidate than akala.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
how can PDP win ogbomosho when akala is no more there? His people follow him to wherever he goes. I was on ground during the 2011 gubernatorial elections, APC hardly got 25% votes from the town. Imagine what will. Be obtained now that the man has joined forces with them. That's almost like a 100% vote for APC.
will ogbomosho votes alone determine who wins? What about ibadan ,ibarapa and other areas?

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
bro forget akala please . Already many senior politicians in oyo state have been waiting cautiously to see whether akala will be given the ticket,if he is given ,these members would have decamped to accord.ladoja is a better sellable and popular candidate than akala.
I don't think you are based in SW not to talk of oyo state. Akala pulls more crowd in ibadan than ladoja. He only lost in 2011 cos accord party added it's votes to APC's. Imagine akala having his supporters work for APC, accord merging with PDP would be disastrous cos they won't be. Able to capture the towns that matter.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
will ogbomosho votes alone determine who wins? What about ibadan ,ibarapa areas?
those area are already under APC's control. Remember that the alaafin is sympathetic to the APC course. Also, with recent events in ekiti and NASS, no sane ibadan man would want PDP near the helm of the state's affairs. Akala really would have given APC a run for their money cos he's loved in ibadan more than the ibadan men, ajimobi and ladoja.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by bokoslayer: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:

Read my lips, Akala will never decamp to APC. The major forces in Ogbomosho area are back in PDP. He might not even get the senatorial ticket but what I am sure of is, PDP will definitely compensate him.

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
bokoslayer:

Read my lips, Akala will never decamp to APC. The major forces in Ogbomosho area are back in PDP. He might not even get the senatorial ticket but what I am sure of is, PDP will definitely compensate him.
with what? Was he compensated for delivering oyo state for GEJ in 2011?
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
I don't think you are based in SW not to talk of oyo state. Akala pulls more crowd in ibadan than ladoja. He only lost in 2011 cos accord party added it's votes to APC's. Imagine akala having his supporters work for APC, accord merging with PDP would be disastrous cos they won't be. Able to capture the towns that matter.
bros with this comment of urs I don't need to argue with u concerning oyo state politics .it is obvious u base ur assumptions on the propaganda u see. Just wait and see. But know this ,akala leaving pdp is the best thing to happen to pdp presently. Ajimobi just got himself into more problems . Although I can tell u authoritatively and reliably with first hand information that akala is joining labour party and not apc. Nice talking to you bro.

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Firefire(m): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
CONGRATS to the new Progressive grin

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
bros with this comment of urs I don't need to argue with u concerning oyo state politics .it is obvious u base ur assumptions on the propaganda u see. Just wait and see. But know this ,akala leaving pdp is the best thing to happen to pdp presently. Ajimobi just got himself into more problems . Although I can tell u authoritatively and reliably with first hand information that akala is joining labour party and not apc. Nice talking to you bro.
he can't be dumb enough to join labour party which is like a PDP erand boy. Labour party has no structure in oyo state strong enough to compete with APC and PDP. He'll prefer to settle for senate under APC, thereby working against PDP, than contesting under an underdog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by bokoslayer: 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
with what? Was he compensated for delivering oyo state for GEJ in 2011?

He never delivered Oyo State for GEJ, Akala's double dealing was his downfall in 2011. GEJ singlehandedly stopped Akala from rigging that election.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by fkaz(m): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:

Where was PDP during 2011 election, when akala lost?
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
bokoslayer:

He never delivered Oyo State for GEJ, Akala's double dealing was his downfall in 2011.
what double dealing?
bokoslayer:
GEJ singlehandedly stopped Akala from rigging that election.
and yet you want him to still work for such a man even after denying him this current ticket.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by bokoslayer: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
fkaz:

Where was PDP during 2011 election, when akala lost?

PDP lost 2011 election in Oyo State because of a President that was not ready to rig. That is the fact.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by bokoslayer: 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
what double dealing?and yet you want him to still work for such a man even after denying him this current ticket.

He does not have a choice, he has to work for GEJ smiley. GEJ was not ready for his kind of politics then and right now Akala himself knows he has to shape up or ship out!
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by investnotspend: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Akala can never clinch the APC ticket in oyo state take it or leave it !

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by KHAYGOLD(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
2015 is gradually becoming interesting, but still in 2014!!! Politics of self-interest. Nigeria, which way.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
investnotspend:
Akala can never clinch the APC ticket in oyo state take it or leave it !
it's a done deal so long he's going for senator.
bokoslayer:

PDP lost 2011 election in Oyo State because of a President that was not ready to rig. That is the fact.
LIE! GEJ bargained with APC to grant him the presidential votes while he hands them the state. In other words, he betrayed akala.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by donmalcolm21(m): 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
Alao Akala is not a sellable candidate in Ibadan when you compare him with Ladoja, PDP need institution like Ladoja not a man that can deliver only 60% of ogbomosho.

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by viczing(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
When the story is confirmed i'll comment
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
viczing:
When the story is confirmed i'll comment
akala will not be given the pdp governorship ticket. He is free to leave if he so wishes .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NPA Restores Intels’ Service Boat Operation Contract / I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours / Kayode Fayemi: Nigeria Lacks Proper Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.