Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? (8563 Views)

Don’t Marry A Yoruba Boy – Daughter Of Former Oyo State Governor / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / Niger State Deputy Gov Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by rebranded(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
I dont believe this news.

We dont want Akala, he should go back to his PDP

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by radiant3(f): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nigeria politics is a dirty game indeed!
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Alao Akala is not a sellable candidate in Ibadan when you compare him with Ladoja, PDP need institution like Ladoja not a man that can deliver only 60% of ogbomosho.
60% of ogbomosho as you say plus 60% of ibadan plus 60% of oyo equals victory.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
rebranded:
I dont believe this news.

We dont want Akala, he should go back to his PDP
we need his supporters and that senatorial slot only he can get.

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
radiant3:
Nigeria politics is a dirty game indeed!
dirty is a negative word, intriguing is a better word .
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Generalkorex(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nice one for Apc
another lost for pdp
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by radiant3(f): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
dirty is a negative word, intriguing is a better word .

I agree with u
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by donmalcolm21(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
60% of ogbomosho as you say plus 60% of ibadan plus 60% of oyo equals victory.
analysis for the trash bin

3 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by haykay2005: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Isokay
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by akinsadeez(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
I don't believe this news though anything can happen in politics. It is obvious Akala isn't going to get the governorship ticket of PDP but going to APC seems unimaginable. Now akala has a lot of supporters in Ogbomosho while Ladoja is an Ibadan person. This arrangement will benefit APC because if Akala can deliver the bulk of Ogbomosho votes and Ajimobi will surely get some votes in Ibadan though I don't think he can get up to 50% as Ibadan people are not known for supporting or voting 2nd term governors, plus the votes of the other areas I see Ajimobi winning the election.
It also helps Akala because he can serve four years in the Senate and den plan to succeed Ajimobi after his second term in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
akinsadeez:
I don't believe this news though anything can happen in politics. It is obvious Akala isn't going to get the governorship ticket of PDP but going to APC seems unimaginable. Now akala has a lot of supporters in Ogbomosho while Ladoja is an Ibadan person. This arrangement will benefit APC because if Akala can deliver the bulk of Ogbomosho votes and Ajimobi will surely get some votes in Ibadan though I don't think he can get up to 50% as Ibadan people are not known for supporting or voting 2nd term governors, plus the votes of the other areas I see Ajimobi winning the election.
It also helps Akala because he can serve four years in the Senate and den plan to succeed Ajimobi after his second term in 2019.
bros , akala will never become the governor of oyo state again .those pushing him on are only collecting his money. Presenting akala as pdp candidate is the same as osun state when pdp presented omisore as their candidate. now two things are clear,if the candidate is loved and the party isn't so popular ,the party will still win eg ekiti state . But if people love the party and u present the wrong person then the party will lose eg osun state . So between akala and ladoja ,the difference is clear ladoja is more loved by the people. But ladoja isn't a member of pdp anymore but accord ,if the current negotiations works out fine ,the accord party and pdp joining together will be unbeatable by any party in oyo state. Most members of pdp find it comfortable and convenient moving to accord party than apc ,and even as at now,key party members are already thinking of moving to accord if akala is giving the ticket. This was the reason that the leadership of pdp called a meeting in abuja to let oyo pdp stakeholders know of their plans to bring ladoja on board. The idea was sold to gej by pdp members themselves akinjide,arapaja and co. I know akala is a smart man.he knows what to do to stay afloat.

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by akinsadeez(m): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
bros , akala will never become the governor of oyo state again .those pushing him on are only collecting his money. Presenting akala as pdp candidate is the same as osun state when pdp presented omisore as their candidate. now two things are clear,if the candidate is loved and the party isn't so popular ,the party will still win eg ekiti state . But if people love the party and u present the wrong person then the party will lose eg osun state . So between akala and ladoja ,the difference is clear ladoja is more loved by the people. But ladoja isn't a member of pdp anymore but accord ,if the current negotiations works out fine ,the accord party and pdp joining together will be unbeatable by any party in oyo state. Most members of pdp find it comfortable and convenient moving to accord party than apc ,and even as at now,key party members are already thinking of moving to accord if akala is giving the ticket. This was the reason that the leadership of pdp called a meeting in abuja to let oyo pdp stakeholders know of their plans to bring ladoja on board. The idea was sold to gej by pdp members themselves akinjide,arapaja and co. I know akala is a smart man.he knows what to do to stay afloat.

I quite understand ur point but when you talk about Ladoja and PDP merging, are you envisaging PDP fielding Ladoja himself as the governorship candidate or someone else like Senator Folarin who has been agitating for the ticket because either of the two scenarios has its own ramifications.

I also think you are underestimating Ajimobi. Ajimobi might jot have the support of all Ibadan people but there are a sizeable number who are behind him. If Akala joins APC and delivers Ogbomoshos votes it would really boost Ajimobi's chances. Remember that Ajimobi narrowly defeated Akala in 2011 and there were even reports n rumors that Ladoja asked that some of the votes of accord be added to that of APC when it became clear that the battle was between PDP and APC as he preferred Ajimobi winning to Akala.
Even if the story isn't true, my main point is that Akala got a very high number of votes overall in 2011 despite the fact that majority of Ibadan people didn't vote for him. If akala teams up with Ajimobi I don't think Ladoja will win as people are contemplating.

2 Likes

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by seunwen2(m): 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ops this na good FP material Good riddane Akala
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
akinsadeez:

I quite understand ur point but when you talk about Ladoja and PDP merging, are you envisaging PDP fielding Ladoja himself as the governorship candidate or someone else like Senator Folarin who has been agitating for the ticket because either of the two scenarios has its own ramifications.

I also think you are underestimating Ajimobi. Ajimobi might jot have the support of all Ibadan people but there are a sizeable number who are behind him. If Akala joins APC and delivers Ogbomoshos votes it would really boost Ajimobi's chances. Remember that Ajimobi narrowly defeated Akala in 2011 and there were even reports n rumors that Ladoja asked that some of the votes of accord be added to that of APC when it became clear that the battle was between PDP and APC as he preferred Ajimobi winning to Akala.
Even if the story isn't true, my main point is that Akala got a very high number of votes overall in 2011 despite the fact that majority of Ibadan people didn't vote for him. If akala teams up with Ajimobi I don't think Ladoja will win as people are contemplating.
ok bros ,let me explain somethings to u in politics . Akala got the votes he had in 2011 not because of his popularity or public acceptance but because of the party he belonged to. When I talk about the party it means the people that makes up the party. Remember many pdp members are strong and popuplar in oyo state politics . Now osun got the votes he had not because of his popularity but because of the party he belongs to,evev pdp knew omisore was a bad candidate . But in ekiti , fayose got the votes he had not because of the party but because ppl just love him. Now coming down to oyo state,accord is gaining ground on a daily basis just because of one man and that is ladoja . The working arrangement between ladoja and pdp will be the election trump card for pdp. Teslim folarin can't even win ibadan not to talk to oyo state.if teslim is given the ticket believe me pdp will come 3rd. Ajimobi can only be saved if pdp and accords goes to the polls separately ,then any party that will win has to dialogue with accord party,this was exactly what ladoja said when lanlehin decamped to accord party.he said any party that will win the next guber elections in oyo state has got no choice but the align with accord. Akala isn't as strong as you are portraying him. Even in ogbomosho ,akala can't deliver 100% votes to whichever party he belongs to. Right now oyo state is ready for pdp ,but if the wrong person is presented.don't be surprised to see arapaja and many other key members decamping to accord party. We are talking about combined voters here from 2 different parties voting for one single party. Apc prayers will be that the negotiations breaks down

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Teecov: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
The truth is If Akala gets PDP ticket, he can't win because Ibadan people will never vote for him. If Ibadan must serve governor twice, that person must be an ibadan man. Teslim worked against Akala in 2011, therefore Akala will never support him and teslim will lose ogbomoso, and PDP calculation now is to present Seyi Makinde in order to settle the score bwtween Akala and Teslim. Akala I know will NEVER join APC but his loyalist can support APC underground if Teslim get the ticket. What goes around, Comes around.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
ok bros ,let me explain somethings to u in politics . Akala got the votes he had in 2011 not because of his popularity or public acceptance but because of the party he belonged to. When I talk about the party it means the people that makes up the party. Remember many pdp members are strong and popuplar in oyo state politics . Now osun got the votes he had not because of his popularity but because of the party he belongs to,evev pdp knew omisore was a bad candidate . But in ekiti , fayose got the votes he had not because of the party but because ppl just love him. Now coming down to oyo state,accord is gaining ground on a daily basis just because of one man and that is ladoja . The working arrangement between ladoja and pdp will be the election trump card for pdp. Teslim folarin can't even win ibadan not to talk to oyo state.if teslim is given the ticket believe me pdp will come 3rd. Ajimobi can only be saved if pdp and accords goes to the polls separately ,then any party that will win has to dialogue with accord party,this was exactly what ladoja said when lanlehin decamped to accord party.he said any party that will win the next guber elections in oyo state has got no choice but the align with accord. Akala isn't as strong as you are portraying him. Even in ogbomosho ,akala can't deliver 100% votes to whichever party he belongs to. Right now oyo state is ready for pdp ,but if the wrong person is presented.don't be surprised to see arapaja and many other key members decamping to accord party
pls leave ogbomosho out of your permutations cos am a native of the land and I can tell you that 90% of votes in the town will go in whatever way akala's vote goes. He's to them what awolowo was to the yorubas. Do you think they'll vote for a ladoja that has no interest of theirs at heart? It can only take an akala to convince his people to vote for or otherwise.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by viczing(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
akala will not be given the pdp governorship ticket. He is free to leave if he so wishes .

Then will it be given to him in apc
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
pls leave ogbomosho out of your permutations cos am a native of the land and I can tell you that 90% of votes in the town will go in whatever way akala's vote goes. He's to them what awolowo was to the yorubas. Do you think they'll vote for a ladoja that has no interest of theirs at heart? It can only take an akala to convince his people to vote for or otherwise.
so be it . Let them vote for akala. The unchangeable point is pdp and oyo state is looking beyond akala. The game at stake is far far far bigger than akala or ogbomosho alone. Pdp is looking to capture oyo state and not ogbomosho

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
viczing:

Then will it be given to him in apc
that is for apc or whichever party he chooses to go decision. I know akala is a smart man ,he won't leave pdp ,he is only testing the waters and if he leaves so be it.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by akinsadeez(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
onatisi:
ok bros ,let me explain somethings to u in politics . Akala got the votes he had in 2011 not because of his popularity or public acceptance but because of the party he belonged to. When I talk about the party it means the people that makes up the party. Remember many pdp members are strong and popuplar in oyo state politics . Now osun got the votes he had not because of his popularity but because of the party he belongs to,evev pdp knew omisore was a bad candidate . But in ekiti , fayose got the votes he had not because of the party but because ppl just love him. Now coming down to oyo state,accord is gaining ground on a daily basis just because of one man and that is ladoja . The working arrangement between ladoja and pdp will be the election trump card for pdp. Teslim folarin can't even win ibadan not to talk to oyo state.if teslim is given the ticket believe me pdp will come 3rd. Ajimobi can only be saved if pdp and accords goes to the polls separately ,then any party that will win has to dialogue with accord party,this was exactly what ladoja said when lanlehin decamped to accord party.he said any party that will win the next guber elections in oyo state has got no choice but the align with accord. Akala isn't as strong as you are portraying him. Even in ogbomosho ,akala can't deliver 100% votes to whichever party he belongs to. Right now oyo state is ready for pdp ,but if the wrong person is presented.don't be surprised to see arapaja and many other key members decamping to accord party. We are talking about combined voters here from 2 different parties voting for one single party. Apc prayers will be that the negotiations breaks down

Hmmmmm. Well said. So you think PDP will field Ladoja to go against Ajimobi. That seems to be what the presidency wants and I agree that will be a very very tough one for APC to beat. I still think if Akala can team up with Ajimobi he might just sneak a tight victory against PDP.
In any case, on a personal note I don't even want either of Ajimobi or Ladoja or even Akala. I wish we could have another progressive person to come and direct the affairs of the state. Ladoja n akala should go and rest. They have done their bit.

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by akinsadeez(m): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Teecov:
The truth is If Akala gets PDP ticket, he can't win because Ibadan people will never vote for him. If Ibadan must serve governor twice, that person must be an ibadan man. Teslim worked against Akala in 2011, therefore Akala will never support him and teslim will lose ogbomoso, and PDP calculation now is to present Seyi Makinde in order to settle the score bwtween Akala and Teslim. Akala I know will NEVER join APC but his loyalist can support APC underground if Teslim get the ticket. What goes around, Comes around.

If PDP should field Seyi Makinde then they are destined to fail in the elections. What is his selling point? undecided
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by lolade123: 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
Big thanks to you guys, av really learnt from u all.I got first hand information this evening that d Abuja Pdp caucus have made Teslim Folarin their consensus candidate.And like some1 sai,d Oyo Pdp is looking beyond Akala, just like Seyi Makinde,Folarin too has no selling point. Thanks
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by xtervaganza(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Alao Akala is not a sellable candidate in Ibadan when you compare him with Ladoja, PDP need institution like Ladoja not a man that can deliver only 60% of ogbomosho.
I'm based in ibadan.

and ladoja being an ibadan sos is not liked half as just as akala because he's very stingy and no major development was recorded when he was governor

Akala being an Ogbomosho son is well loved by the people of ibadan more than ladoja.

Ajimobi is d only politician in ibadan loved more than akala

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Olaone1: 2:06am On Nov 29, 2014
undecided
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 3:19am On Nov 29, 2014
CONFIRMED: Akala decamps to APC.

www.theparadigmng.com/?p=25821
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 5:03am On Nov 29, 2014
akinsadeez:

Hmmmmm. Well said. So you think PDP will field Ladoja to go against Ajimobi. That seems to be what the presidency wants and I agree that will be a very very tough one for APC to beat. I still think if Akala can team up with Ajimobi he might just sneak a tight victory against PDP.
In any case, on a personal note I don't even want either of Ajimobi or Ladoja or even Akala. I wish we could have another progressive person to come and direct the affairs of the state. Ladoja n akala should go and rest. They have done their bit.
I share ur views totally . But the problem with nigeria politics is that good people don't want to join politics because they don't want their name tainted or spoiled. And even the good ones that do join politics don't have the financial muscle to compete with all these recycled old politicians who have looted our treasury. So I totally agree with u. Let's just fold our arms and see what eventually happens .
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 5:07am On Nov 29, 2014
lolade123:
Big thanks to you guys, av really learnt from u all.I got first hand information this evening that d Abuja Pdp caucus have made Teslim Folarin their consensus candidate.And like some1 sai,d Oyo Pdp is looking beyond Akala, just like Seyi Makinde,Folarin too has no selling point. Thanks
if it is true that teslim has been chosen. Then I believe the game will be between ajimobi and ladoja. That will be a tough battle because I know apc has lost many members to accord party and many more will leave pdp for accord in the coming weeks ,thus making accord party and ladoja a formidable challenger in the next polls .

1 Like

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 29, 2014
I really doubt this info. Has anybody heard anything about Senator Ayoade Adeseun who is going for governor of Oyo State?

Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
I don't think you are based in SW not to talk of oyo state. Akala pulls more crowd in ibadan than ladoja. He only lost in 2011 cos accord party added it's votes to APC's. Imagine akala having his supporters work for APC, accord merging with PDP would be disastrous cos they won't be. Able to capture the towns that matter.

Bro, ladoja is more popular in Ibadan than akala o. Anyway, this story I'm not sure its true.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by omenka(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2014
God forbid!!!
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by heykims(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
I don't think you are based in SW not to talk of oyo state. Akala pulls more crowd in ibadan than ladoja. He only lost in 2011 cos accord party added it's votes to APC's. Imagine akala having his supporters work for APC, accord merging with PDP would be disastrous cos they won't be. Able to capture the towns that matter.
U re d one one should probably doubt if u reside in d SW, Akala is nobody in Ibadan, he lost his dignity when he overthrew Ladoja when he was his deputy thanks to his godfather Adedibu.
Ladoja is to Ibadan what Akala is in ogbomoso, nd Ladoja will always pull d crowd anywhere he goes much more better than Akala. Akala is seen as a traitor, betrayer as his antecedent polity defines him.
Re: Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC? by onatisi(m): 9:35am On Nov 29, 2014
heykims:

U re d one one should probably doubt if u reside in d SW, Akala is nobody in Ibadan, he lost his dignity when he overthrew Ladoja when he was his deputy thanks to his godfather Adedibu.
Ladoja is to Ibadan what Akala is in ogbomoso, nd Ladoja will always pull d crowd anywhere he goes much more better than Akala. Akala is seen as a traitor, betrayer as his antecedent polity defines him.
thanks for educating our friend more on oyo state politics ,maybe he based his assumptions on the way people dance around a candidate ,akala popularity only stays in ogbomosho ,and I can boldly say it that even in ogbomosho the votes will be split between the 3 parties ,if akala knows he controls ogboomosho voters , let him contest as a governorship or senatorial candidate under another party which won't include apc,accord ,labour or pdp and see if he will win in ogbomosho. Ladoja did this in 2011 ,he brought accord party from nowhere just 3 months to elections and yet his party won about 5 state rep seats and it was his votes again that even paved the way for ajimobi. If akala is so sure of himself let him try the same thing at least for a senatorial seat,it is then people will realize that despite the hailings from people in ogbomosho deep down inside many eligible voters in ogbomosho they would rather not vote for akala .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africans Attack Nigerians In Durban And Other Cities. ..pics / Southern Cameroon And Biafra Wants To Join Forces - Must Watch / Controversy As Anambra Gets Two Speakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.