Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,258 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman (22404 Views)

Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister / Ibukun Awosika Appointed As The First Female Chairman Of The Board Of First Bank / MTN To Buy Visafone Communications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Shegman22(m): 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
The chairman DAAR Communications Plc, Aleogho Raymond Dokpesi has served notice to step down as chairman of the media conglomerates board of directors.

Dokpesi made his intention known this Thursday at the sixty-fifth meeting of the board of directors of the media outfit in Abuja.

20 years of service in the media industry saw the creation of Raypower FM, African Independent Television, Faaji FM, DAARSAT and other media outfits, the media mogul has decided to call it quit as the chairman of the media group.

He said, “Please permit me to thank the entire members of the board of directors of DAAR Communications, the entire staff, viewers and listeners of all the DAAR communications stable, whether it is Raypower, AIT, DAARSAT, Faaji FM and all the SBUs that were created during my tenure.

“I am going to be involved in the politics of the country and therefore I thought that AIT, Raypower should be independent and people should not mistake my political aspiration or participation to mean the position of this organization.”

However the board of directors are reluctant to let him go completely as his wealth of experience and indepth knowledge of the media industry are invaluable assets to the company.

Shedrack Akolokwu, spokesperson DAAR, Board of Directors, said, “This wonderful chairman, who took this initiative many years back should not just be allowed to disengage from the services of the company but that he should be honoured in a special way by according him a special status as Chairman Emeritus of this company in which capacity he shall not be entitled to any remunerations.”

Shareholders of DAAR Communications will on Friday be informed at the Annual General Meeting of the chairman’s notice to retire.

The board as in the interim approved the appointment of Raymond Paul Dokpesi Jnr as the new chairman of the board of directors subject to ratification at the Annual General Meeting.
- See more at: http://aitonline.tv/post-high_chief_aleogho_raymond_dokpesi_steps_down_as_daar_communications_chairman__to_venture_in_politics#sthash.XgBcQx48.dpuf
http://aitonline.tv/post-high_chief_aleogho_raymond_dokpesi_steps_down_as_daar_communications_chairman__to_venture_in_politics

4 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Welrez(m): 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
PDP or APC, which way?

MODIFIED:
So after more than a year on nairaland, I have finally achieved my dream of FTC. I really want to thank all the commenters who made this dream come true and especially Seun and the MODs for this opportunity. Compliments of the season.

4 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by nellyelitz(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
NPK grin

3 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by blemon44(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thank you sir
we appreciate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by holatin(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
ok
I know this day will come.
if Jonathan win, he has a post to hold.
AIT sponsoring TAN, Jonathan and PDP since Aeroplane start flying

14 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by sommyblaze(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by monemsis(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
Politics is d new way out strategy undecided I'd advice Sina rambo to join politics cheesy cos music ain't for him grin

10 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by frankflix: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
ok
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Elusive9(f): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
cheesy
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by garlicrey(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
its a lie
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Eyop: 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
DAAR communication PLC where is my shares undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
stepped down like transformer

Photos: Check out all the tattoos on actress Princess Pemu's body
http://acc.cu.cc/55ks4yv
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Jamie1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
How I wish those old cargoes holding tight to their office seats, turning young graduates into beggars would simply learn from this... Could they ever let power go??.

By the way, I know something is cooking somewhere... Soon you start seeing posters here and there...

Just observing from ontop coconut tree...
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
hey yah smiley
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by phransix147(m): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Shocking but true... Who takes over?

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Lousymouth(m): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
AM I SMELLING POLITICAL AMBITION... GOOD FOR DAAR!!!
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Oro ooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wahala de.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by brixton: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
OK, i know he has an eye on being a future President of the country.

9 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hope he paid his staff salary arrears running into 9months before this his step down undecided grin sad

5 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by sommyblaze(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
is Raymond Dokpesi French?
so sorry we dont know anyone by that name here in France.

i wanna cultivate weed here so keep off.

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by rosette08: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
He's still incharge reason being that,his son is 'acting'buh wish him well tho

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Alajiki(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lol! Finally!
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by sunnedee: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
In summary?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by attaodagba: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
DPK
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by samseen02(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
Aiit
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
sommyblaze:
is Raymond Dokpesi French?
so sorry we dont know anyone by that name here in France.
i wanna cultivate weed here so keep off.

Son, I didn't raise you to be a constant a-s-s, so much clichés on France when you don't even know where French Embassy is in Nigeria. It's no longer funny, son. Beat it!!

21 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by LordMecuzy(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
okay

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by ajayiopy: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
How I wish dangote and adenuga will do the same ,until then

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by aboy247: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
That's a bold move wish him GOODLUCK in his political endeavors

[PHOTOS] Lil Wayne Gifts His 16-Year Old Daughter A Ferrari, BMW On Her Birthday
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/1811-photos-lil-wayne-gifts-his-16-year-old-daughter-a-ferrari-bmw-on-her-birthday
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
He wants to run for Senate I think
Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by martineverest(m): 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
As an edo man,ait is d most tribalistic tv station in nigeria.....90% edo staff

4 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
What a despicable business man!

He started his private media business with lots of gusto and promise but caved in over the years owing to crass partisanship,avarice and lack of standards

If he is sincere enough with himself,he should know that he has failed a whole lot of Nigerians who used to look up to AIT/Raypower for first class news reportage but now bore us with failure-induced propaganda

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira: LASU Employee Trying To Withdraw Cash Dies In Bank Queue / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) / Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.