Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Help Me Learn Cake Php - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me Learn Cake Php (1447 Views)

Two Useful Shorcut Functions Available Globally In Cake Php / Help Me Learn The Basics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Learn Cake Php by danmention: 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Please can any one teach me cake Php..tell me what itbwould cost me ..I want to improve my skill
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
CAKEPHP! Well, hope you have learnt the basics of PHP and can do simple tasks. Because mind you frameworks are not for newbies at all, you shall mix up the flour in the wrong way and bake chin-chin instead of meat-pie.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by JackOfAllTrades: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
And I think you should also be familiar with object oriented concept in php, very important wink
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
^^^Exactly, without OOP, you are the one that will get baked. This is part of the reasons that i said not for newbies. Let me spell it out clearly, if you cannot work with PHP OOP,namespaces and all that, as far as I am concerned, you are still a newbie because your productivity will be limited when faced with certain jobs (which i wont bother to discuss because it is out of scope of this thread).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by danmention: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2014
@DHTML18 thanks so much ..you are right, but someone said i can learn this within 2 weeks ,,from the knowledge of html
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
danmention:
@DHTML18 thanks so much ..you are right, but someone said i can learn this within 2 weeks ,,from the knowledge of html
you can't even learn it if all you know is procedural PHP
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by iyb(m): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Most php frameworks are written using OOP approach first try to to learn OOP try learning the concepts using a full fledged OOP language like java or c# then learn how to do it with php it will be an easy ride if you learned the concepts in java or C#..
After learning OOP then go for a simple php framework personally i prefer codeigniter but which ever one you choose stick to it and practice well you will be good with it in no time
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
danmention:
Jeezus, that person deserves to be flogged in the public. And if the person is a nairalander (a permanent ban will be in order).
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
iyb:
Most php frameworks are written using OOP approach first try to to learn OOP try learning the concepts using a full fledged OOP language like java or c# then learn how to do it with php it will be an easy ride if you learned the concepts in java or C#..
After learning OOP then go for a simple php framework personally i prefer codeigniter but which ever one you choose stick to it and practice well you will be good with it in no time
In no time biko? So can all that be done in 2 weeks? make i stroll go buy cane from market just in case. . . .
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by trytillmake(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2014
danmention:

dhtml18:

In no time biko? So can all that be done in 2 weeks? make i stroll go buy cane from market just in case. . . .

Hahahahaha, Guys u just made me laugh this fine morning, Oga danmention, u wan learn cake from html, i laugh in spanish,french and korean on top that in 2weeks,kai php don suffer.

Wat i will advise, like sme1 said above u have to knw the concept of OOP through a real programming language like c# or java because cake deals with MVC using OOP in PHP
So
1. Try Learn php very well (PROCEDURAL)

2. Go online look for c# tutorials and learn the basics,(this will give u the feel of OOP concepts)

3.Then u now go and learn OOP in php(not very hard again when u have learnt c#)

4. After all these u can now pick up cake tutorial and videos to understand it.

To get u started on php and c# try home and learn dot com(google it)
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by trytillmake(m): 9:58am On Dec 02, 2014
Wen u are fully ready to learn cake i could send u a link for some videos but guy u still get long way to go but if u really work hard, in no time u will
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by sisqology(m): 10:46am On Dec 02, 2014
mind u, u have to be strong in multi dimensional arrays too
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by danmention: 11:26am On Dec 02, 2014
Men, guys thanks so much infact i am a little confused now whether to pay for this training or not cos i dont know OOP at all, and i really want to be good with php
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by abdul01(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Wish u the best.

In addition to what my ogas have said above, once u grab the basics of php( wc includes: variables, operators, arrays, functions, super global variables, strings n other data types, control structures (if, if...else, switch...case, while ,do...while, and for loops ), form handling, cookies, session, file upload, then php-mysql, etc) then it'll be very easy to move on to intermediate php which covers oop generally(classes, object, inheritance, , namespace, traits, etc), n things like exceptions, then u can easily transit to any of d modern php frameworks like cake, codeigniter, laravel, fuel etc

Note that at d end of d first stage above u should be able to create a simple crud app like a blog or a guestbook and also be able to integrate thing like login, logout n user registration into d app. Once u can do this and u undertand d basics of OOP, then I bet u u can even learn d framework urself, but it's always good to have a teacher sha! Cheers.
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by jekomo: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
I can take u cakephp, without even the knowledge of php.but to learn any programming language u have to no the basic such as variable,data types,control structures , looping , arrays etc. When u know the basic of this.it will be easy to learn any language. So if u are ready , call me on : 09024881633 or mail me:opeyemi.kabiru@yahoo.com
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
sisqology:
mind u, u have to be strong in multi dimensional arrays too
This arrays alone sef can take up to 2 weeks to fully understand and use. Your brain must be reconfigured to a multidimensional computer to compute multidimensional arrays.
Re: Help Me Learn Cake Php by asalimpo(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
Learng programming will stretch ur mind till it hurts. After the tears on ur mind heal, you'll hav bcome comfrtable with a concept. Later,tht concept will b second nature.you'dve internalized it. But first you must submit ur mind for stretchg.

(1) (Reply)

Sql For Joing 3 Tables In My Databse / Please Who Can Help Me To Integrate Etranzact Payment Gateway / An Analogy Of Solar Electricity With Alcoholic Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.