Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,172 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:12 AM

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan (35994 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by ceo4eva: 1:19am On Nov 29, 2014
•Says Nigeria’ll overcome her challenges

•Jimoh Ibrahim assures GEJ of 7 million votes in S’West

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said Nigeria would overcome her current challenges, just as he regretted the emergence of Aminu Tambuwal as Speaker of the House of Representatives at the expense of Mulikat Akande-Adeola, the Peoples Democratic Party preferred candidate for the position.

President Jonathan, who made the declaration in Ile-Ife, while addressing a day summit, organised by the Yoruba Concerned Leaders with the theme: “Nigeria Development: Whither the Yoruba” extolled the virtues of Yoruba people, describing their contributions to all spheres of the nation’s life as “exemplary”.

He, however, hinged the inability of Akande-Adeola to emerge Speaker to the decision by some people from the region, who “thought otherwise”.

He said “one of the problems I face is the National Assembly. Our party has arrangement for positions.

When a president and vice president emerge from different regions, other offices – the Senate President, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the party chairman and Speaker of House of Representatives must come from different geo-political zones.

“The idea is that when we are to decide, people in these positions meet with us to decide on crucial things. In that case we want every geo-politically zones to be represented in that inner caucus of our party.

Last time, it was difficult for me because I insisted that South West must get Speaker but some of us within South West didn’t want that because of personal ambition and I am still suffering for that till today.

“That is why I am telling our leaders here that this time around we must work together and ensure that whatever position that is zoned to South West, we must get and no one should rob us of it”.

Speaking further at the event held at Oduduwa Hall in Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile Ife, Jonathan averred that his administration had been fair to the people of South West and assured that the import of the strategic position the region occupies, as touches on the economy of the country, is not lost on his administration.

Referring to the assertion by businessman and politician, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, who in his remarks earlier, relied on the World Bank poverty ratings of regions in the country which listed South West as having 16 per cent while North East has the highest rate of 52 per cent, Jonathan maintained that South West region would continue to enjoy robust economy owing to the active economic activities around Lagos and Ogun states which, according to him, has almost 55 per cent of the nation’s economic activities.

“When Jimoh was talking about World Bank statistics of the poverty rate in regions in the country, he said South West has least in the country. In fact, Lagos and Ogun contributed almost 55 per cent of the economic activities.

So, we know where the wealth is, the infrastructures there must be provided,” Jonathan said. Assuring that the report of Constitutional Conference would be implemented, Jonathan said the situation at the moment was not conducive for its implementation.

“Political situation in Nigeria presently does not favour implementation of such report. Because of partisan interest, people are even ready to kill.

We cannot play with such documents that our great men and women toil to produce. I believe every content will be taken by government. I have said it and I am saying it again that we will implement the report of the confab,” Jonathan said.

He assured that he would continue to cherish the contribution of the Yoruba race alongside people from other parts of the country and promised never to leave the region behind in the developmental programmes of his administration, while hinting that booklets that would contain all his achievements in all the regions of the country would be developed.

Delivering a paper on the topic, Unity of Yoruba Nation’s, former Minister of Transport, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, assured the president of Yoruba support, noting that Jonathan is a product of late Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s prophesy in 1983 that the minority group would produce Nigeria’s president.

In his welcome address, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, called for unity among people of the region to ensure what is due for the race is given to them.

Addressing the gathering, Group Managing Director of Global Fleet, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, said the South West region would trust Jonathan and give him over 7 million votes in next February polls.He however led the open endorsement of President Jonathan as the presidential candidate of the region in next year’s election, assuring that the people of the region would work very hard for Jonathan’s victory.

Former chairman of the Nigeria Ports Authority, Chief Bode George; former Ogun State governor, Chief Gbenga Daniel; and Senator Femi Okunrounmu, in their separate remarks, stated that Yoruba people could not afford to be going in different directions hence the need to manage their dispute with civility. In their goodwill messages,the Orangun Of Oke Ila,Oba Adedokun Abolarin; Chief Olu Falae; Governor Ayodele Fayose; Mrs Mulikat Akande Adeola and Senator Femi Okunrounmu urged the president not to be distracted by negative comments and actions of some people to his administration.

In attendance were the Ooni of Ife,Oba Okunade Sijuwade,Owa Obokun of Ijesaland,Oba Adekunle Aromolaran, academics, captains of industries and members of the People’s Democratic Party among others.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-regret-emergence-of-tambuwal-as-speaker-jonathan/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by ceo4eva: 1:20am On Nov 29, 2014
In their goodwill messages,the Orangun Of Oke Ila, Oba Adedokun Abolarin; Chief Olu Falae; Governor Ayodele Fayose; Mrs Mulikat Akande Adeola and Senator Femi Okunrounmu urged the president not to be distracted by negative comments and actions of some people to his administration.

In attendance were the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Adekunle Aromolaran, Academics, Captains of industries and Members of the People’s Democratic Party among others.

So GEJ has the support of the South West rulers?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by ibdeals1(m): 1:23am On Nov 29, 2014
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 29, 2014
Sometimes i laugh at the juvenile thought-process of this 'tata' President that we have talking as if everyone/party must assist the PDP achieve its zoning policy even if its realisation will eventually hurt the existence of other party

What kind of a baby politician is GEJ who should be ashamed that his PDP Rep members betrayed him and his party by listening and following an opposition backed member than someone the party supports. Does that not signpost a lack of leadership quality in the so-called leader of the party that GEJ is?

Before anyone scoff at ACN's role in the emergence of Tambuwal,the fact remains that politics is about interest and the interest of ACN then was to make sure PDP does not have a foothold in the SW using every permissible political tactics

GEJ should quit sounding like a rain-beaten child and tell himself the home truth of the fact that he lacks the charisma to make people do his bidding. The reason people still defer to GEJ today is because he has the power to dispense political patronage n contracts

ACN's support of Tambuwal was done with a self preservation mindset at heart. It would be foolhardy to allow PDP produce a speaker that will be antagonistic and stiffling of its members potentials even if the person is a yoruba woman

Dimeji Bankole and Olubunmi Etteh's inglorious roles as Speakers of SW descent is still fresh in our memories

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by JECBOSS: 1:44am On Nov 29, 2014
Even the South West are in full support of Jonathan.
GEJ till 2019

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OneDy: 1:48am On Nov 29, 2014
He assured that he would continue to cherish the contribution of the Yoruba race alongside people from other parts of the country and promised never to leave the region behind in the developmental programmes of his administration, while hinting that booklets that would contain all his achievements in all the regions of the country would be developed

I laugh at the bolded. You need to print booklets to list what you have achieved in 5 years of Governance? Really?

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:57am On Nov 29, 2014
This man is dividing this country on tribal grounds.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by horpe132(m): 2:07am On Nov 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Because the clueless one is in SW, he is trying to use 'esa' to hoodwink the gullible

Was he not the one who went to the SE to denigrate other regions save the SE as the pillar of his administration?

Now elections are here he is trying to sound conciliatory and statemanly

The same man will go to the North and preach religious tolerance and unity of the country when in fact he has a 3rd force of social media charlatans commissioned to denigrate the Northerners and insult their religion

He will go to the SS and have his side-kicks like Asari threaten people that he must be given a 2nd term by force

It is too late in the day for GEJ to fool any one by trying to be a stateman on the eve of the election when we know that he is the most divisive President we ever had

124 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 2:32am On Nov 29, 2014
Tambuwal n his brothers (apc) are d curse to this great nation. Mr president u deserve d entire votes of south west. GEJ till 2019!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by YoursGEJ(m): 2:44am On Nov 29, 2014
Imagine the supposed President of our country talking like a drunk tribalistic idiiot and further dividing the country. I don't blame him because tribalism is the only thing he has going for him and the few that will be voting for him in 2015 will only be doing so based on tribalism. No one can justify voting this fool in again based on his performance, his fight against corruption, economic growth that impacts the common man or anything positive. Even OBJ brought GSM. Someone whom providence gave the opportunity to occupy a vital position but he decided to use it towards personal gains and aims. All I see is a man is a clueless, drowning man who is fighting a lost battle against his God, his friends, his enemies and his citizens by assaulting their elected representatives. He will soon be sent to the evil abyss from whence he came...along with all those who don't mean well for Nigeria. I will forever curse the day I voted for this man in 2011 and I will continue to apologize to the upcoming generations of Nigerians for that decision. I had no shoes indeed

Meanwhile, thank God say oil prices continues to fall. Less money to loot for the fisherman and his shepopo. We are enjoying the lowest fuel prices in the US in 10 yrs even without a single dime of subsidy from govt. If oil prices were increasing, dem for don raise pump price of petrol sharp sharp and present am as New Years gift.

Let that baboon Okupe come and arrest me for calling the drunk fisherman a drunk fisherman.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by oduastates: 2:47am On Nov 29, 2014
These guys don't get it,do they?
We have experienced good governance before.
We know what it felt like.
From not knowing what a padlock means to having to lock yourself in your own house like a prison.
Hunger and destitution all over the place.
The land is getting packed out day by day and stretching social services to breaking point ( the latest being,refugees from the NE who are escaping from malgovernance by the FG and their state government ).
Even the rule of the Kings just prior to the arrival of the British,feels like heaven when you read about it.
These last 60 years has got to be the worst in the history of all odua kingdoms.
Keep your speakership.
Good governance or get the hell out of our polity.
By the way when I said get out, I meant absolute yoruba rule in yorubaland.

35 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by JECBOSS: 2:53am On Nov 29, 2014
YoursGEJ:
The man
YES!
GEJ remains a better candidate than Buhari.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do
when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba
amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were
seated there urging them on as they ridiculed
awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to
come when you visited a great university named
after him, as the students chanted and called you
and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan
expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the
junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly
realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help
you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the
SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of
your government as you proudly announced to the
world as if they were the only regions you that got
you elected. Even if they were, should a president
be making such divisive statements? I was never a
tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We
are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we
yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for
the huge political relevance we are enjoying today.
Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there
via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured
you and only you as he would do your bidding just as
the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted
to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and
I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to
be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the
people and dropped a transformer too weak to
carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light
hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show
you that you would have just empowered an
individual yoruba instead of the whole of them.
What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit
the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your
government enriches individuals only. We are not
like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their
tribes men political posts. What we want are
developments. Am glad you failed in installing
mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of
thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is
delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing
obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you
associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug
barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you
disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane
nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am
sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes
anymore.

219 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Princess2be(f): 3:25am On Nov 29, 2014
temitemi1:
Tambuwal n his brothers (apc) are d curse to this great nation. Mr president u deserve d entire votes of south west. GEJ till 2019!!

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by JECBOSS: 3:46am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
This man is dividing this country on tribal grounds.
You must be a tribalist!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Firefire(m): 3:55am On Nov 29, 2014
grin
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by neuljosh(m): 3:56am On Nov 29, 2014
Sai GEJ till APC stop patronizing recycled criminals

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by highmood(m): 3:59am On Nov 29, 2014
GEJ disclosed that some yorubas betraying themselves for their selfish interest, Else loosing the post to Tambuwal. It so unfortunate.
with the bigwigs there with him, is it not still clear to the opposition that those with GEJ even in the southwest are greater than those against him. But Goodluck should still trade with caution.

8 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by luvmijeje(f): 4:00am On Nov 29, 2014
He assured that he would continue to cherish the contribution of the Yoruba race alongside people from other parts of the country and promised never to leave the region behind in the developmental programmes of his administration,

So the president is going to campaign on promises.... not promises delivered. #GEJMUSTGO#

47 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 4:02am On Nov 29, 2014
All of them attacking Jonathan for reasons I don't know undecided.

If this man is so much hated and despised like this then indeed he must be frustrating some people's efforts and for that I respect him!

GEJ till 2019 smiley...

Then South East till 2027 grin.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 4:03am On Nov 29, 2014
Is he that he doesn't know it was the house that elected the speaker and had nothing to do with his choice? Now I agree GEJ doesn't have an idea what democracy reallyis and he is only there by chance and a prosper misfit.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do
when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba
amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were
seated there urging them on as they ridiculed
awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to
come when you visited a great university named
after him, as the students chanted and called you
and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan
expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the
junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly
realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help
you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the
SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of
your government as you proudly announced to the
world as if they were the only regions you that got
you elected. Even if they were, should a president
be making such divisive statements? I was never a
tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We
are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we
yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for
the huge political relevance we are enjoying today.
Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there
via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured
you and only you as he would do your bidding just as
the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted
to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and
I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to
be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the
people and dropped a transformer too weak to
carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light
hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show
you that you would have just empowered an
individual yoruba instead of the whole of them.
What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit
the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your
government enriches individuals only. We are not
like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their
tribes men political posts. What we want are
developments. Am glad you failed in installing
mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of
thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is
delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing
obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you
associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug
barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you
disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane
nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am
sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes
anymore.

Wa gbayi omo Odua...

i could not have said it any better

Failure-DNAed President forming stateman now

62 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by coded01: 4:05am On Nov 29, 2014
Its too late Mr. President... undecided

Less I forget, we as Nigerians regret having a toothless leader as you... angry

(1) Over 200 chibok girls are still not found

(2) Value of Naira is degrading everyday

(3) School fees are on the rise

(4) Standard of living is stagnant and in most cases below poverty level

(5) Nigeria is losing her people everyday to these blood sucking demons

^^^ Let me stop here cos this thread won't contain everything... angry

Yet Mr. President is still campaigning... shocked SMH... embarassed angry

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Alfred200825(m): 4:06am On Nov 29, 2014
hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by edo3(m): 4:07am On Nov 29, 2014
Na now day break ba? Yorubas are not fools.

17 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Greatomotoy: 4:09am On Nov 29, 2014
ok
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by yinparc: 4:11am On Nov 29, 2014
Jonathan no way 4 u in south west.come 2015.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by gbodimowo(m): 4:12am On Nov 29, 2014
ok
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Dailyfavour(m): 4:14am On Nov 29, 2014
He can do himself favour and drop the ambition, six years already, what else? Is it a family seat? Nigerian are saying NOOOOO...

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by kilokeys(m): 4:16am On Nov 29, 2014
we regret having u as president sir..

the forthcoming election is a choice between the devil and deep blue sea

since u r d devil.. il plunge into d sea.. i might just survive

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by M4gunners: 4:19am On Nov 29, 2014
kilokeys:
we regret having u as president sir..
No you regret not we,because i don't regret having him as my president and will still want him back if APC can't provides a better candidate.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Policemen Posted To Borno Turn To Internally Displaced Persons (Photos) / APC Boils, As Amosun Declares ‘no Retreat No Surrender’ / 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.