Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,017 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (645590 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2016
When you run for President of the United States, the entire world is listening and watching. So when you say, "we're going to bar all Muslims," you are sending a dangerous message to the Muslim world. And you're also sending a message to the terrorists. If you go through many of Trump's irresponsible, reckless, dangerous comments, it's not just someone saying something off the cuff.

We all misstate things occasionally, but this is a pattern—one that has gone on now for months, and one that adds up. Look at the incredibly difficult work that presidents do, and the decisions that they have to make, and the thinking that goes into those decisions. They have to be carefully parsed and analyzed. Advisors and cabinet members give their opinions, but it is up to the president to decide.

The United States presidency isn't just another job; it's the hardest job in the world. It requires steadiness as well as strength and smarts. Consider that, and then consider the things Donald Trump has been saying for the past year, and even just the past week: attacking Great Britain; praising the leader of North Korea, a despotic dictator who has nuclear weapons; saying to let other countries have nuclear weapons; and the list goes on.

The kinds of positions he is stating and the consequences of those positions and statements are not just offensive and wrong—they are dangerous. And when Trump is consistently offending, insulting, and endangering the people of this country and the world, there's only one conclusion: he is not qualified to be President of the United States -Hillary Rodham Clinton(05/19/16)

The one area Trump knows he can't question.Hillary is the most qualified to ever run for the Presidency in American history and the whole nation knows this.She didn't just mouth off Trump,she gave convincing reasons why he would be a disaster.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 2:36pm On May 20, 2016
haha

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:12pm On May 20, 2016
CFCman:
^^
The more surprising aspect of that poll is that he has a 72% approval rating among Republicans. So, after all, Republicans may still show up to vote for him despite all the media talk of conservatives staying at home in large numbers.

Trump is a very likable guy and the most qualified candidate. The only candidate who has actually achieved something in life
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 20, 2016
stanech:

Trump is a very likable guy and the most qualified candidate. The only candidate who has actually achieved something in life
I'll give him props for making the most out of a $1 million business loan from his father.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:20pm On May 20, 2016
CFCman:

I'll give him props for making the most out of a $1 million business loan from his father.

Only few people with solid education and rich parent to start you off with 1 million will actually fail in life. I have more respect for people like Cuban and the rest that started from nothing.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 20, 2016
Missy89:

Only few people with solid education and rich parent to start you off with 1 million will actually fail in life. I have more respect for people like Cuban and the rest that started from nothing.
I agree with you. But I'll concede that the Donald deserves praise for starting from $1 million to building a multi-million dollar brand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 20, 2016
Fun fact: Donald Trump made $1.5 million per speech at the 2006 and 07 Real Estate Wealth Expos.
That's the highest speaking fee earned in history.

Secretary Clinton still dey learn work with $200,000 per speech grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 9:11pm On May 20, 2016
CFCman:

And he declared Bankruptcy how many times?The Guy is a real Asshole bruh.. grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:15pm On May 20, 2016
CFCman:

I agree with you. But I'll concede that the Donald deserves praise for starting from $1 million to building a multi-million dollar brand.

He should release his tax returns then i will start praising him
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 20, 2016
happney65:

He will make bankruptcy great again cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:42pm On May 20, 2016
“I'm very rich and that's all that matters”.
He ain't releasing nothing.
#FacePalm on how we got here in the first place undecided

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:23pm On May 20, 2016
Breaking News: NRA (National Rifle Association) endorses Trump
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:09am On May 21, 2016
stanech:
Breaking News: NRA (National Rifle Association) endorses Trump
Of course they would.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:21am On May 21, 2016
The latest Fox News poll shows Libertarian Party candidate, Gary Johnson, polling at 10% in a 3-way race against Clinton and Trump...

If he manages to poll 15% in five polls before September, he would be invited to the general election debates by the CPD (Commission on Presidential Debates).
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:23am On May 21, 2016
A record number of 61% of Americans support same-sex marriage, according to the latest Gallup poll.

Interestingly, 40% of Republicans support such marriages; while 65% of independents favor it too.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:44am On May 21, 2016
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:40am On May 21, 2016
Missy89:

He should release his tax returns then i will start praising him
He's not going to release his tax returns because he's not worth $10 Billions and he probably using all kind of Real estate loopholes to cheat on his taxes. His charity contributions is suspicious too. This a man with huge ego who believes he's a Teflon man. The first Presidential candidate in a long time not to release his taxes. That will be one of his Achilles heels.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:41am On May 21, 2016
happney65:

You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:44am On May 21, 2016
CFCman:

It's not $1 million that he started with according to some reports. There are close family sources of his that said he inherited about $200 millions with his brother who died.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:47am On May 21, 2016
ApostleT:

Never say never Regan who was trailing by more than 30 points at this stage eventually won New York.

Bernie supporters can tip the balance. The longer Bernie stays in the race and give the impression that Hillary ultimately bought the nomination the more likely angry Bernie supporters may swing to Trump in NY. Afterall Trump is a native New Yorker. Don't forget that if Trump can capture 70% of NY independents who were not allowed to vote in the NY primaries Trump can pull a big upset. Which will almost certainly guatantee him as the next POTUS.
The same Trump that lost in his home district in NY Republican Primary.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:58am On May 21, 2016
ApostleT:

The only problem is that NY is not her home state. She won Kentucky by so many points but tied with Sanders. She won WV but lost. What this election has shown is that the Clintons are not as loved as the media want us to believe.

If she cannot win the Rust belt she's done.

Btw new national polls now show Trump leading her by 3 points and Trump has increased his women support significantly. He now leads Hillary by 9 points among white women.

As I said my money is on Trump to win in fall
My friend, you will surely lose your money. Trump will not win more than 10% of Latino votes. He will not win more than 5% of African American votes. He will not win more than 27 To 30% of Asian votes and definitely he wouldn't win more than 30% of Women votes. With Electoral system of US, how will he get to 270 Electoral votes ?. White votes which is diminishing every year is not enough to catapult him into the WH. His bigotry, misogynistic and inexperience will doom his candidacy. America is too diverse to elect a confirmed bigot as a President. That's why some Republican senators running for election are distancing themselves from him ala Mark Kirk of my own State Illinois.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:12am On May 21, 2016
From Senator Warren's FB page.This post had almost 600k likes,none of the presidential candidates have garnered beyond 100k on their pages.

Donald Trump is now the leader of the Republican Party. It's real – he is one step away from the White House. Here's what else is real: Trump has built his campaign on racism, sexism, and xenophobia. There's more enthusiasm for him among leaders of the KKK than leaders of the political party he now controls. He incites supporters to violence, praises Putin, and, according to a columnist who recently interviewed him, is "cool with being called an authoritarian" and doesn't mind associations with history's worst dictators. He attacks veterans like John McCain who were captured and puts our servicemembers at risk by cheerleading illegal torture. In a world with ISIS militants and leaders like North Korean strongman Kim Jong-Un conducting nuclear tests, he surrounds himself with a foreign policy team that has been called a "collection of charlatans," and puts out contradictory and nonsensical national security ideas one expert recently called "incoherent" and "truly bizarre." What happens next will test the character for all of us – Republican, Democrat, and Independent. It will determine whether we move forward as one nation or splinter at the hands of one man's narcissism and divisiveness. I know which side I'm on, and I’m going to fight my heart out to make sure Donald Trump’s toxic stew of hatred and insecurity never reaches the White House.

If there's anyone who can help take down Trump,she is and it will be of great advantage to have her on the ticket with Hillary.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:56pm On May 22, 2016
A good way to judge a presidential candidate is by how much they spend on their campaign.

By all measures, Donald Trump has spent considerably less than either Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton, which is a solid indication he won’t go crazy with spending once he assumes office.

Check this out…

From GP:

According to campaign finance reporting by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) Republican Presidential Nominee Donald Trump has now spent more than $46 million on his campaign. Democratic contenders Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have spent $151 million and $165 million, respectively, or more than $316 million combined. Trump’s expenditures are 28% of Sanders’ expenditures and 30% of Clinton’s.

Republican contenders Senator Ted Cruz, Dr. Ben Carson, Senator Marco Rubio and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush spent $70 million, $60 million, $45 million and $34 million, respectively, on their failed campaigns.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 6:28pm On May 22, 2016
Even with all the money, she couldnt defeat grandpa Sanders

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:37pm On May 22, 2016
stanech:
Even with all the money, she couldnt defeat grandpa Sanders
What Disney movie did you teleport from?

Please explain to me how Sanders is not defeated?Just cause he's still in the race doesn't mean he has a clear path to victory.

BTW,Bernie outspent Hillary in ads(90% attacked Hillary) and yet Hillary has remained the clear front runner with 3million in popular votes.Bernie is a LOSER!-that's the reality.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2016
On this,Trump would not get women's votes cause Secretary Clinton will keep sinking into the hearts of women across the country the big danger America faces due to absence of common sense gun reforms.Mothers who have lost their children to gun violence will rally en mass bringing aboard women from both parties and independents.

Trump supports guns in classrooms,any right thinking mother won't support that cause no one wants to drop a child off in school in the morning only to pick up a dead child by noon.

Trump will not keep America safe,he will expand violence in every parts of the country.

[img]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2645430.1463883652!/img/httpImage/image.jpg[/img]

Hillary Clinton took aim at Donald Trump Saturday night — blasting the big-mouthed billionaire for kowtowing to the NRA.

“We know the gun lobby is powerful. We know that some candidates will say or do anything to keep them happy,” Clinton said at a Florida gala sponsored by the Trayvon Martin Foundation.

“Just yesterday, Donald Trump said that in his very first hour as President — heaven forbid — he would overturn President Obama’s actions to strengthen background checks.” Clinton then expressed disgust over Trump’s approach to safeguarding schools.

“He says that also on his first day in office, he’d mandate that every school in America allow guns in their classrooms,” she said. “That idea isn’t just way out there. It’s dangerous. “Parents, teachers and schools should have the right to keep guns out of classrooms, just like Donald Trump does at many of his hotels, by the way.”

Clinton’s remarks at the Circle of Mothers conference in Fort Lauderdale drew wide applause from a crowd that included many relatives of gun violence victims. "Unlike Donald Trump, I will not pander to the gun lobby, Clinton said. “We will not be silenced and we will not be intimidated." The tone of the Saturday event posed a striking contrast to Trump’s red meat address at the National Rifle Association’s annual gathering in Louisville, Ky.

Trump received rabid cheers when he vowed to end gun-free zones in schools — and when he slammed Clinton as the “most anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment candidate ever to run for office.” Clinton, by contrast, spoke of the horrors of gun violence.

She noted that 33,000 people die from guns every year — many of them teens and children.

At least 23 toddlers have gotten their hands on guns and opened fire, she added. “At long last, we must do something about the gun violence that stalks communities and terrorizes families,” Clinton said.

[img]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2645432.1463883653!/img/httpImage/image.jpg[/img]
Clinton was introduced by Sybrina Fulton, whose 17-year-old son Trayvon Martin was fatally shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in 2012. Zimmerman was acquitted of murder charges the following year.

“Something is wrong when young people just starting their lives are dying,” Clinton said. “Something is wrong when so many parents live in fear that their child will be hurt or killed just for being a young black man in a hooded sweatshirt like Trayvon,” she added.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/hillary-clinton-not-pander-gun-lobby-article-1.2645435
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 22, 2016
Decision day has arrived cheesy

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:39pm On May 23, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU3vcvGpALQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmm9ox86zSM

Anti Trump protesters Silence free speech throw Eggs

Thats why Trump is winning the protesters just do what they are told.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:47pm On May 23, 2016
ValerianSteel:
What Disney movie did you teleport from?

Please explain to me how Sanders is not defeated?Just cause he's still in the race doesn't mean he has a clear path to victory.

BTW,Bernie outspent Hillary in ads(90% attacked Hillary) and yet Hillary has remained the clear front runner with 3million in popular votes.Bernie is a LOSER!-that's the reality.

Yea but she is not the clear winner yet
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:53pm On May 23, 2016
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:45pm On May 23, 2016
Question To democrats in the house, Why are you guys burning the US flag?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:50pm On May 23, 2016
And the polls keeps coming

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.